May 10, 2024, 04:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18691 18692 18693 18694 18695 18696 18697 18698 18699 18700 18701 18702 18703 18704 18705 18706 18707 18708 18709 18710 18711 18712 18713 18714 18715 18716 18717 18718 18719 18720 18721 18722 18723 18724 18725 18726 18727 18728 18729 18730 18731 18732 18733 18734 18735 18736 18737 18738 18739 18740 [18741] 18742 18743 18744 18745 18746 18747 18748 18749 18750 18751 18752 18753 18754 18755 18756 18757 18758 18759 18760 18761 18762 18763 18764 18765 18766 18767 18768 18769 18770 18771 18772 18773 18774 18775 18776 18777 18778 18779 18780 18781 18782 18783 18784 18785 18786 18787 18788 18789 18790 18791 ... 33337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381097 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:55:20 AM

Don't listen to the fools thinking that any coin comes close to Bitcoin. There is no coin that is even close to solving the scalability problem.

Well duh, Lauda.  It's just like Hal Finney says, bitcoin can only function as a settlement network.  You would have people hoarding their life savings in bitcoins and then transferring say, $10k at a time or whatever to a 3rd party centralized service so that they can spend it (oxymoron since bitcoin itself is designed to centralize so both are centralized services in reality).

The problem here is even if you make believe bitcoin is decentralized, you can do the EXACT SAME THING with gold and silver - transfer a small amount at a time to a 3rd party service to spend it, and gold and silver are far superior stores of value while bitcoin isn't a store of value at all.  Metals also actually remove middle men when being spent in native coin format while there's no way possible to remove middlemen (transaction validators) from bitcoin.

As you can see, there's no reason for bitcoin to even exist compared to gold and silver.  It will never defeat metals as the base of Exter's pyramid.  Claiming an imaginary object (bitcoin) can be a superior store of value is the most laughable statement in the entire history of mankind.
Except that metals can be mined indefinitely. And if the price of them increased beyond a certain point people would just research ways to create them in a lab. Meanwhile Bitcoins will never go beyond a given amount.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivor Biggun

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:59:24 AM

Off Topic, but should be of importance to everyone, really.

Anyone using proton mail?  I've left gmail as my general email provider (kitten pics, boring shit, and log ins for unimportant shit) for too long, and I'm not convinced my 'more secure (obscure?)' providers are any better.  The last straw - I just reset my passwords via webmail, and ALL of my android devices automatically updated and logged in with the new passwords.  This is beyond sketchy.  It screams GET OUT NOW, or years ago, if you have a way back machine.  I try not to use it for anything important anyway, but WTAF.  So its time to evacuate and consolidate.  Anything better than proton out there?  If it's not free, it has to accept crypto.  And of course, be anonymous.

Yesterday I made the same decision for different reason. I got pissed off with Gmail not playing nicely with Outlook 2016 and switched to a paid ProtonMail account. Very good - their Mac IMAP encrypt/decrypt program is excellent. I’ve been using free protonmail to send passwords and private stuff for a year or so. They’re good.

Check out zoho mail. There's a free version and a paid business version.

https://www.zoho.eu/mail/

or

https://www.zoho.com/mail/
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:01:07 AM

Again, roach is wrong. Don't mind him. I just read all his posts on steemit and most of it doesn't make sense. He does get paid for every clap or something like that.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:08:15 AM

Anyone using proton mail?  I've left gmail as my general email provider (kitten pics, boring shit, and log ins for unimportant shit) for too long, and I'm not convinced my 'more secure (obscure?)' providers are any better.  The last straw - I just reset my passwords via webmail, and ALL of my android devices automatically updated and logged in with the new passwords.  This is beyond sketchy.  It screams GET OUT NOW, or years ago, if you have a way back machine.  I try not to use it for anything important anyway, but WTAF.  So its time to evacuate and consolidate.  Anything better than proton out there?  If it's not free, it has to accept crypto.  And of course, be anonymous.

Yesterday I made the same decision for different reason. I got pissed off with Gmail not playing nicely with Outlook 2016 and switched to a paid ProtonMail account. Very good - their Mac IMAP encrypt/decrypt program is excellent. I’ve been using free protonmail to send passwords and private stuff for a year or so. They’re good.

or

Privacy policy doesn't stack up against proton, though usability/features looks good.  No viable payment options either.  I might try  the free one for a gmail replacement.  Can't be worse, right?
drbrockcoin

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

For your listening pleasure, Fuck World Trade!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:10:34 AM

https://twitter.com/YourAnonNews/status/943316822299996160

No way There is another pump after this, I really feel this was the last attempt at least with using BANKSTERCASH.

Maybe BANKSTERGOLD NEXT (BTG)
Ivor Biggun

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:15:04 AM

or

Privacy policy doesn't stack up against proton, though usability/features looks good.  No viable payment options either.  I might try  the free one for a gmail replacement.  Can't be worse, right?

If you want privacy you could try this for free.

https://unseen.is/

Alternatively you could pay bitcoin to use this. Satoshi used it, so it's got excellent privacy.

https://www.anonymousspeech.com/
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:15:46 AM

Don't listen to the fools thinking that any coin comes close to Bitcoin. There is no coin that is even close to solving the scalability problem.

Well duh, Lauda.  It's just like Hal Finney says, bitcoin can only function as a settlement network.  You would have people hoarding their life savings in bitcoins and then transferring say, $10k at a time or whatever to a 3rd party centralized service so that they can spend it (oxymoron since bitcoin itself is designed to centralize so both are centralized services in reality).

The problem here is even if you make believe bitcoin is decentralized, you can do the EXACT SAME THING with gold and silver - transfer a small amount at a time to a 3rd party service to spend it, and gold and silver are far superior stores of value while bitcoin isn't a store of value at all.  Metals also actually remove middle men when being spent in native coin format while there's no way possible to remove middlemen (transaction validators) from bitcoin.

As you can see, there's no reason for bitcoin to even exist compared to gold and silver.  It will never defeat metals as the base of Exter's pyramid.  Claiming an imaginary object (bitcoin) can be a superior store of value is the most laughable statement in the entire history of mankind.
Except that metals can be mined indefinitely. And if the price of them increased beyond a certain point people would just research ways to create them in a lab. Meanwhile Bitcoins will never go beyond a given amount.

WRONG.  Earth for all intents and purposes is a CLOSED ECOSYSTEM.  The only difference is bitcoin is FLASH mined while it takes longer to corner all metals on the planet.  And don't give me some sci fi bullshit story about how people are going to live on the moon 2 years from now and mine crap there.  NOT HAPPENING.  People said the same nonsense in the year 1950.  Where's your flying car at?  Only thing that's changed since then is larger televisions and a few electronic gimmicks like iphones.  Even if you did mine in space, the cost of production will be several orders of magnitude higher making it pointless.  You would mine on the fucking ocean floor first before doing that.

And claiming bitcoin is finite isn't even true.  Bitcoin has low scalability, thus small amounts of transactions for high fees.  This means bitcoin has an INVERSE Schelling point.  People are incentivized NOT to use bitcoin and instead use an altcoin in order to avoid usury fees.  There is absolutely no fucking reason in this universe people are all forced to use one chain, NONE.  Advocating people do so is only promoting USURY because it's possible for people to just make a new chain and avoid being extorted.  This action eventually leads to the entire sector dying by dilution.

Gold and silver are the exact opposite.  They have no scaling problem, and they also have no altcoin problem.  It's not possible for you to just invent a new noble metal in your basement like you can an altcoin, so the noble metals actually do have a functional Schelling point instead of bitcoin's inverse Schelling point.  And no, there are not zillions of different metals that can take gold and silver's place.  They belong to a special category of metals called "noble metals" (platinum and a few others as well), and due to the traits of this group of metals such as anti-corrosiveness and scarcity, there are no better alternatives.

It takes two neutron stars to collide to make gold and silver.  It takes an idiot in his basement to create an altcoin.  What's in your safe cucks?
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:16:19 AM

https://twitter.com/YourAnonNews/status/943316822299996160

No way There is another pump after this, I really feel this was the last attempt at least with using BANKSTERCASH.

Maybe BANKSTERGOLD NEXT (BTG)

BITCOINGOD

https://www.bitcoingod.org/
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:17:39 AM

or

If you want privacy you could try this for free.

https://unseen.is/

Alternatively you could pay bitcoin to use this. Satoshi used it, so it's got excellent privacy.

https://www.anonymousspeech.com/
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Zoho wants a valid mobile #.  Die in a Fire, asshats.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8034

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:18:26 AM

Oh man... This dump might have been my fault.  I bought this chocolate train tonight and I was gonna stamp CCMF into it and be all like
 Chew Chew Motherfuckers!
Unfortunately I left it inside the front door while I got the rest of the stuff out of the car and I called my daughter to help me... she didn't see the bag and stomped on the train  Cry

At first it looked like it might be okay -

But then as I tried to extract it from the plastic...

#REKT

I'm going to have to eat it.

roach_lost

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:24:57 AM

The problem here is even if you make believe bitcoin is decentralized, you can do the EXACT SAME THING with gold and silver - transfer a small amount at a time to a 3rd party service to spend it, and gold and silver are far superior stores of value while bitcoin isn't a store of value at all.  Metals also actually remove middle men when being spent in native coin format while there's no way possible to remove middlemen (transaction validators) from bitcoin.  Those transaction validators can also do things like pick and choose which transactions to block so it's not even a permissionless system!

As you can see, there's no reason for bitcoin to even exist compared to gold and silver.  It will never defeat metals as the base of Exter's pyramid.  Claiming an imaginary object (bitcoin) can be a superior store of value is the most laughable statement in the entire history of mankind.

1 - bitcoin is "decentralized", "finite" and set to increase in fiat value by design to attract the herds for tracking purposes. Everyone is doing it and your talk is not as valuable to anyone as incredible fiat value from simply having BTC. Your talk has no value to the herds when compared to the incredible handouts from the "decentralized" bitcoin.

2 - It is a lot easier to believe one is anonymous when transacting BTC than it is with gold and silver. The logic here is the same as the one that leads people to be ok with having their location continuously sent to servers because they can pretend it isn't real.

3 - There is every reason for bitcoin to exist compared to gold and silver for the same reason that there is every reason for garbage to be manufactured in China vs. being quality products of American manufacturing.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:25:28 AM

Oh man... This dump might have been my fault.  I bought this chocolate train tonight and I was gonna stamp CCMF into it and be all like
 Chew Chew Motherfuckers!
Unfortunately I left it inside the front door while I got the rest of the stuff out of the car and I called my daughter to help me... she didn't see the bag and stomped on the train  Cry

#REKT

That's OK.  The next one you will be sure to have enough zeroes on it, hmm?
nikauforest

Activity: 298
Merit: 149

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:26:36 AM

Bitcoin Cash contemplating the next move.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:26:51 AM

Chew Chew Motherfuckers!

https://i.imgur.com/XDm1DbJ.jpg

#REKT

To be fair, it was driving the wrong way (to the left/"down") anyways, so maybe it was for the best that it derailed instead of choochooing the price to $0! Cheesy
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:39:07 AM

I bought at 15815 at bitstamp

]https://i.imgur.com/vIf0lAD.gif?noredirect[/img]
Is that otter holding Bitcoins or corks?

chuck e cheese tokens Wink lol
roach_lost

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:49:37 AM

WRONG.  Earth for all intents and purposes is a CLOSED ECOSYSTEM.  The only difference is bitcoin is FLASH mined while it takes longer to corner all metals on the planet.  And don't give me some sci fi bullshit story about how people are going to live on the moon 2 years from now and mine crap there.  NOT HAPPENING.  People said the same nonsense in the year 1950.  Where's your flying car at?  Only thing that's changed since then is larger televisions and a few electronic gimmicks like iphones.  Even if you did mine in space, the cost of production will be several orders of magnitude higher making it pointless.  You would mine on the fucking ocean floor first before doing that.

And claiming bitcoin is finite isn't even true.  Bitcoin has low scalability, thus small amounts of transactions for high fees.  This means bitcoin has an INVERSE Schelling point.  People are incentivized NOT to use bitcoin and instead use an altcoin in order to avoid usury fees.  There is absolutely no fucking reason in this universe people are all forced to use one chain, NONE.  Advocating people do so is only promoting USURY because it's possible for people to just make a new chain and avoid being extorted.  This action eventually leads to the entire sector dying by dilution.

Gold and silver are the exact opposite.  They have no scaling problem, and they also have no altcoin problem.  It's not possible for you to just invent a new noble metal in your basement like you can an altcoin, so the noble metals actually do have a functional Schelling point instead of bitcoin's inverse Schelling point.  And no, there are not zillions of different metals that can take gold and silver's place.  They belong to a special category of metals called "noble metals" (platinum and a few others as well), and due to the traits of this group of metals such as anti-corrosiveness and scarcity, there are no better alternatives.

It takes two neutron stars to collide to make gold and silver.  It takes an idiot in his basement to create an altcoin.  What's in your safe cucks?

Metals not hoarded will be taken by attrition or force. Metals hoarded will be taken by attrition or force. How exactly do you defend against this unless you can command more force or generate more attrition than them? Both are achieved by issuing fiat and you don't issue it, they do. Neither of you issue metals but their fiat takes it from you. No defense possible over a long enough period. It is their game. They won and your free will is just the totality of possible moves you can make in their game because you had lost before birth.
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:54:36 AM

That was a lot of money. Just gone Cheesy
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:00:05 AM

Whoops. There goes some more.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:02:32 AM

Well duh, Lauda.  It's just like Hal Finney says, bitcoin can only function as a settlement network.

Regarding settlements: The impact of, say, 1 million transactions of 226 bytes (226.000.000 bytes) is different in 1990's, 2000's, 2010's, 2020's, 2030's, 2040's etc as hardware and networks scale.

What is impossible in one decade, becomes feasible in the next, easy in the next decade, and trivial in the decade next to that. Blockchains will scale along with technology. Transactions will perhaps be only the lighter-load type of duty blockchains can perform, by even extending their capacities to hold a plethora of photo or video content. This is the reason why one can never say "never" - because hardware and network scaling is a given and it minimizes the impact of given data storage, data transmission and data processing requirements as time moves forward.

On the other hand, we know for a fact that PMs can't transmit value over the Internet. That's not going to change, because it's their nature as solid objects.

Bitcoin might not be the ultimate store of value, but both PMs and crypto compete against scam-fiat money, and this makes them both better options, suited for different cases. When full blown digitization of the economy takes place, and all fiat transactions become electronic, at that point the sale and purchasing of gold and silver will become a permissioned system. It is at that exact point when cryptocurrencies will become most useful, as they will bypass the digital-fiat-controls barrier and work as parallel money. If you want to buy an ounce of metal without the establishment knowing it, you'll have to go through crypto. In this sense, PMs+crypto will be complementary to each other, and even now they are both diversification against quickly devaluing* fiat scam.

* In some countries, much more than in others - which is reflected in huge BTC premiums, gold-import/gold-purchase restrictions, etc.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:05:50 AM

Ok. I know when the fix is in. Time to think about my future. Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 18691 18692 18693 18694 18695 18696 18697 18698 18699 18700 18701 18702 18703 18704 18705 18706 18707 18708 18709 18710 18711 18712 18713 18714 18715 18716 18717 18718 18719 18720 18721 18722 18723 18724 18725 18726 18727 18728 18729 18730 18731 18732 18733 18734 18735 18736 18737 18738 18739 18740 [18741] 18742 18743 18744 18745 18746 18747 18748 18749 18750 18751 18752 18753 18754 18755 18756 18757 18758 18759 18760 18761 18762 18763 18764 18765 18766 18767 18768 18769 18770 18771 18772 18773 18774 18775 18776 18777 18778 18779 18780 18781 18782 18783 18784 18785 18786 18787 18788 18789 18790 18791 ... 33337 »
  Print  

Jump to: