June 19, 2024, 05:12:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18668 18669 18670 18671 18672 18673 18674 18675 18676 18677 18678 18679 18680 18681 18682 18683 18684 18685 18686 18687 18688 18689 18690 18691 18692 18693 18694 18695 18696 18697 18698 18699 18700 18701 18702 18703 18704 18705 18706 18707 18708 18709 18710 18711 18712 18713 18714 18715 18716 18717 [18718] 18719 18720 18721 18722 18723 18724 18725 18726 18727 18728 18729 18730 18731 18732 18733 18734 18735 18736 18737 18738 18739 18740 18741 18742 18743 18744 18745 18746 18747 18748 18749 18750 18751 18752 18753 18754 18755 18756 18757 18758 18759 18760 18761 18762 18763 18764 18765 18766 18767 18768 ... 33459 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26402986 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10415

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:02:49 AM

I like to think of Bitcoin as the AOL of Blockchain tech. Wow, AOL was awesome in the 1990's when everyone logged in with a modem.(AOL was also a darling of the market for some time. )  I am just saying Bitcoin is not a religion for me. Bitcoin prices will continue higher and blow most peoples minds. As an investor I try to keep an open mind. As hard as AOL tried to maintain dominance it eventually became less relevant.

Don't get me wrong I am a HODLer 'for now'.

You are coming off as a bit of a corporate shill with all your mainstream (and altcoin pumper) nonsensical and superficial talking points. 

Many of us in this thread seem to get annoyed with that kind of repetitive dribble that tends to come from trolls, newbies, and/or posters who don't know what the fuck they are talking about that gets caught up with faulty historical analogies, attempts to portray some kind of supposed deep understanding and wisdom of bitcoin, and tries to suggest that there is some kind of ongoing looming threat that is going to replace bitcoin. 

Why don't we cross one step at a time rather than getting caught up in hypothetical doom and gloom for bitcoin, alt coin pumping nonsense?  Do you even understand bitcoin and the fact that bitcoin is the dog wagging the tail rather than the other way around?  We do not have a bunch of equals out there, at least not currently and nothing even looming, even though there are attacks on bitcoin and there are regular ongoing nonsensical FUD spreading talking points.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:06:52 AM

Post-CME action incoming? Let's hit $20k once again!

my husband and I still had some coins swiped a few weeks ago just trying to move them onto Coinbase to sell using Bitcoin QT.  We double and triple checked the address we were sending them to as well (never had a single problem) but the address was totally changed behind the scenes somehow.  We decided to do everything we could to protect what coins we have remaining.

Wow. Cautionary tale.

It's not new, I remember many cases were reported like that before. It's because the device with which these actions were being performed, was somehow "hacked". All of us should be very careful with such stuff and try to make our everything as secure as possible. Really, we've put our lives in cryptos, we should be very careful now with these things.
nikauforest

Activity: 298
Merit: 149

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:15:08 AM

I like to think of Bitcoin as the AOL of Blockchain tech. Wow, AOL was awesome in the 1990's when everyone logged in with a modem.(AOL was also a darling of the market for some time. )  I am just saying Bitcoin is not a religion for me. Bitcoin prices will continue higher and blow most peoples minds. As an investor I try to keep an open mind. As hard as AOL tried to maintain dominance it eventually became less relevant.

You are coming off as a bit of a corporate shill with all your mainstream (and altcoin pumper) nonsensical and superficial talking points. 

Many of us in this thread seem to get annoyed with that kind of repetitive dribble that tends to come from trolls, newbies, and/or posters who don't know what the fuck they are talking about that gets caught up with faulty historical analogies, attempts to portray some kind of supposed deep understanding and wisdom of bitcoin, and tries to suggest that there is some kind of ongoing looming threat that is going to replace bitcoin. 

Why don't we cross one step at a time rather than getting caught up in hypothetical doom and gloom for bitcoin, alt coin pumping nonsense?  Do you even understand bitcoin and the fact that bitcoin is the dog wagging the tail rather than the other way around?  We do not have a bunch of equals out there, at least not currently and nothing even looming, even though there are attacks on bitcoin and there are regular ongoing nonsensical FUD spreading talking points.

I am the furthest thing from a corporate shill. I am just saying everything has a life cycle.
Mick Jagger and AOL
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:15:58 AM

I am the furthest thing from a corporate shill. I am just saying everything has a life cycle.
Mick Jagger and AOL

But Mick's still busy impregnating people.
nikauforest

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:16:51 AM

Mick Jagger and AOL

But Mick's still busy impregnating people.
How true! Smiley
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:17:33 AM

Why I am sort of kicking myself is that it already occurred to me a month ago with my ISP e-mail that I use for everything is a single point of failure. I had already used Thunderbird on my local computer to download my e-mail and then went to my ISP and deleted all the e-mail. I did this so if someone got access, they couldn't just view my inbox and gather what other sights they can now reset my password with. Naturally, I don't do this everyday; however, so stuff still accumulates in the inbox.I'm still debating whether or not it is worth it to now create upteen different e-mails and assign them to my upteen different accounts. What a hassle. Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:20:34 AM

Mick Jagger and AOL

Sure everything has a life cycle, but so what? 

Bitcoin's life cycle could take hundreds of years to play out, and then why the fuck would it matter to many of us?  Some of us might have 100 years left on this planet, but likely the average is less than 50 years for folks participating in this thread, even if some of us happen to be more younger whipper snappers than others.
nikauforest

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:25:01 AM

Mick Jagger and AOL

Bitcoin's life cycle could take hundreds of years to play out, and then why the fuck would it matter to many of us?  Some of us might have 100 years left on this planet, but likely the average is less than 50 years for folks participating in this thread, even if some of us happen to be more younger whipper snappers than others.

Fair enough. I will not argue with that. BTW I joined this forum 3 weeks after you. I just don't post as much as you. Number of posts do not equal knowledge.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:29:09 AM

I think it may be time for some retaliation attacks against Wu and Antpool who have demonstrably become malicious miners, attacking the bitcoin network.

They are withholding blocks, spamming the network to drive up fees and being a general nuisance to the point that if they were excluded from the mining network it would do more good than harm to bitcoin. They are doing everything in their power to subvert the network, without performing the 51% attack which they may actually be capable of.

https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/

In short, someone needs to fuck these guys over seriously. It's well past time.
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:29:57 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 01:42:13 AM by deepcolderwallet

As soon as the alts start to ease the tide will swing back to Bitcoin. But it will be a flood.

Same as it ever was.

Let's hope that tide swings back soon.

Bitcoin Dominance compared to all cryptos is in a bear market. There is a firm downtrend line.

Image?

Chart for Bitcoin Dominance. Scroll Down to the bottom of the page. Shows the down trend. I am not saying that alts have performed better. ( They have NOT!) What I am saying is that over time Bitcoin will become less important overall relative to all the improvements this tech will bring humanity.
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Oh come on!
Back in the beginning of the year BTC dominance was less than 30%!
Soon there will be no alts.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:31:24 AM

I think it may be time for some retaliation attacks against Wu and Antpool who have demonstrably become malicious miners, attacking the bitcoin network.

They are withholding blocks, spamming the network to drive up fees and being a general nuisance to the point that if they were excluded from the mining network it would do more good than harm to bitcoin. They are doing everything in their power to subvert the network, without performing the 51% attack which they may actually be capable of.

I really wouldn't mind seeing that. But the next best thing seems to be the new ASIC providers that are starting up. Would be nice if there were more of them though.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:33:30 AM

Fair enough. I will not argue with that. BTW I joined this forum 3 weeks after you. I just don't post as much as you. Number of posts do not equal knowledge.

2 ears, one mouth.  There's a reason, but many never figure it out.
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:33:54 AM

I really wouldn't mind seeing that. But the next best thing seems to be the new ASIC providers that are starting up. Would be nice if there were more of them though.

asics are dead brah you can't mine corns no more!! Cool  lol
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:37:04 AM

asics are dead brah you can't mine corns no more!! Cool  lol
Does the popcorn just grow straight on the cob now?
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:39:06 AM

Why I am sort of kicking myself is that it already occurred to me a month ago with my ISP e-mail that I use for everything is a single point of failure. I had already used Thunderbird on my local computer to download my e-mail and then went to my ISP and deleted all the e-mail. I did this so if someone got access, they couldn't just view my inbox and gather what other sights they can now reset my password with. Naturally, I don't do this everyday; however, so stuff still accumulates in the inbox.I'm still debating whether or not it is worth it to now create upteen different e-mails and assign them to my upteen different accounts. What a hassle. Roll Eyes

Just register to protonmail.ch and never worry again.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:43:38 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 02:42:29 AM by bitserve

Talking about another related thing... Many people here not only hodl but also frequently trade. For that you have to have some "active" amount permanently available in exchanges.

At the beginning of the year, my trading amount was around 30%, split between several exchanges. As the price has been growing I have been gradually withdrawing coins to cold storage so as to maintain "safe" levels (in fiat valuation) at the -risky- exchanges. Now I would say my active trading amount is less than 10% of the total (whilst several times bigger in fiat valuation than at the beginning of 2017). Also I have been reducing my individual orders in coin amounts (many orders of fractions of btc to be more precise)

Now I think my (relatively reduced) trading is logically starting to have a very small impact on the growth of my stash in coins terms. I am even considering stopping trading altogether and just employ the free time in other more satisfying activities (I am starting to feel a bit burned of it).

Anyone else feels the same or is it just me?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:44:46 AM

Mick Jagger and AOL

I am not claiming to have any kind of knowledge based on my number of posts, and so in the end, I still stick by the substantive assertions of my earlier responses, and if anyone is making assertions that seem to rhyme with troll talking points, then red flags are going to be raised. 

Surely, merely because your earlier post may have raised red flags, it does not mean that you are a troll and perhaps you have elaborated sufficiently in order that some of the guys (and gal) here can get to know you better.

Also, I understand that following this particular thread can be nearly a full time job too, especially if there is a lot of action going on in BTC price movements, and a large number of guys and even gals either do not have that amount of time or they are interested in other topics that take up their time... no problem with that.
nikauforest

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:49:09 AM

Hey JayJuanGee
All good, we are good. You and I are here for the same reasons.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:50:01 AM

2 ears, one mouth.  There's a reason, but many never figure it out.

Depends upon a variety of factors including the purposes of the poster which involves readiness, willingness and ableness to interact.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:57:16 AM

Let's hope, projects like DragonMint can outcompete them. Unfortunately, any efforts to DDOS them or orphan their blocks would probably quickly be mitigated by them.
Pages: « 1 ... 18668 18669 18670 18671 18672 18673 18674 18675 18676 18677 18678 18679 18680 18681 18682 18683 18684 18685 18686 18687 18688 18689 18690 18691 18692 18693 18694 18695 18696 18697 18698 18699 18700 18701 18702 18703 18704 18705 18706 18707 18708 18709 18710 18711 18712 18713 18714 18715 18716 18717 [18718] 18719 18720 18721 18722 18723 18724 18725 18726 18727 18728 18729 18730 18731 18732 18733 18734 18735 18736 18737 18738 18739 18740 18741 18742 18743 18744 18745 18746 18747 18748 18749 18750 18751 18752 18753 18754 18755 18756 18757 18758 18759 18760 18761 18762 18763 18764 18765 18766 18767 18768 ... 33459 »
  Print  

Jump to: