May 10, 2024, 10:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 [2312] 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 ... 33338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381174 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:44:10 PM

$900 to $400 is a bubble pop. Period. It's not a healthy correction. It's not a consolidation. It is exactly what I've been talking about. The WORST thing that can happen to Bitcoin. I posted on FB the other day "Bitcoin on the rise about to break $800" huge amount of comments all similar to "wow, awesome, congrats". Then the emails start pouring in. Questions, thoughts, what, how, where. Today I wake up to those same people saying "man I'm glad I sat that out, dude do you want to cut your wrists or what, glad I didn't throw any money in is lose half and still be losing"  

The people on this forum are bitcoiners. The people in the real world are not. They don't give a shit about the technology, they don't believe bitcoins will replace their fiat currency, the only thing they see it as is something they can invest in and every time we start to see some solid new money come in everyone starts speculating and the whales start taking advantage. The only thing people currently see and are talking about "Bitcoin crashes yet again, and costs investors billions".

Wake up people. For people who are so smart, your pretty dumb to try and fool yourself and others that this is healthy and just a nice correction/consolidation.

As always, I greatly respect your opinion and determination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:44:44 PM

You don't know how bad this is going to get. Double digits by next week.

Please, sub-$100 is dreaming.
plasticAiredale

Activity: 207
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:45:21 PM

I get what you are implying.  Wink
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:47:07 PM

Coinbase is out of daily coins now by 7AM Eastern time, 4AM Pacific

dude, i just heard Bill Handel pumping bitcoin on the radio!!! WTF!!!  Grin UNREAL!!!

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/billhandel.html

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/616/09/616_1348611573.jpg
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:47:59 PM

IMO it in everyone's best interest (including manipulators, not including April-style conspiracy theories or 2011-stype Ponzi fears) that we had this major correction, but not for it to be seen as a bubble-pop, in order to make even better profits if/when it really pops once well into the 4-figures. Whether you prefer fiat or BTC, it's surely more beneficial for the correction to end around about the current price, give or take.

You think new money is going to come in after they saw the clear crash that just happened? That, and uncertain dodgy exchanges that hold no certainty in regards to regulatory and legal issues. I think we just need a better platform to trade bitcoins on, that holds no uncertainty in regards to regulation and law, and is operated by reputable people.

Sure, some new money will be more careful after stamp's pitfall, but if this is perceived as a correction, not a crash/pop, I expect a huge influx of new money nonetheless

$900 to $400 is a bubble pop. Period. It's not a healthy correction. It's not a consolidation. It is exactly what I've been talking about. The WORST thing that can happen to Bitcoin. I posted on FB the other day "Bitcoin on the rise about to break $800" huge amount of comments all similar to "wow, awesome, congrats". Then the emails start pouring in. Questions, thoughts, what, how, where. Today I wake up to those same people saying "man I'm glad I sat that out, dude do you want to cut your wrists or what, glad I didn't throw any money in is lose half and still be losing"  

The people on this forum are bitcoiners. The people in the real world are not. They don't give a shit about the technology, they don't believe bitcoins will replace their fiat currency, the only thing they see it as is something they can invest in and every time we start to see some solid new money come in everyone starts speculating and the whales start taking advantage. The only thing people currently see and are talking about "Bitcoin crashes yet again, and costs investors billions".

Wake up people. For people who are so smart, your pretty dumb to try and fool yourself and others that this is healthy and just a nice correction/consolidation.

How is it any worse than the other two times? Also, when it gets much higher your friends will reverse their opinions again, yet probably not buy in, then it will 'crash' again, and the process will repeat over and over just as it always does with Bitcoin.

Its funny because i see this as the opposite. When the price rises so fast, it deters new money (or at least smart money). Investors dont want to buy high. They will do analysis and wait for a dip. This is a perfect time for them to buy right now. Thats why its healthy than ever. Bitcoins being moved from old hands to new hands.

Without these "crashes", ppl would cry ..."unfair hoarders, early adopters are too rich"
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:50:11 PM

IMO it in everyone's best interest (including manipulators, not including April-style conspiracy theories or 2011-stype Ponzi fears) that we had this major correction, but not for it to be seen as a bubble-pop, in order to make even better profits if/when it really pops once well into the 4-figures. Whether you prefer fiat or BTC, it's surely more beneficial for the correction to end around about the current price, give or take.

You think new money is going to come in after they saw the clear crash that just happened? That, and uncertain dodgy exchanges that hold no certainty in regards to regulatory and legal issues. I think we just need a better platform to trade bitcoins on, that holds no uncertainty in regards to regulation and law, and is operated by reputable people.

Sure, some new money will be more careful after stamp's pitfall, but if this is perceived as a correction, not a crash/pop, I expect a huge influx of new money nonetheless

Thanks for the bullshit. I'm going to quote this one for posterity, let's see in a few days how silly you look right now. $900 to $400 (or $453 whatever) is a perfectly normal correction after a crazy double exponential rise from $440 to $900 in only 2 days. That was just insane, and we needed to be put back down on earth. So a retracement to those levels or even a bit lower is perfectly normal. There are still many people waiting on the sidelines to get in but didn't want to buy during this crazy run up, now after this correction they are finally taking their positions to get in so fasten your seatbelts because this ride is far from over yet. Smiley
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:52:18 PM

Thanks for the bullshit. I'm going to quote this one for posterity, let's see in a few days how silly you look right now. $900 to $400 (or $453 whatever) is a perfectly normal correction after a crazy double exponential rise from $440 to $900 in only 2 days. That was just insane, and we needed to be put back down on earth. So a retracement to those levels or even a bit lower is perfectly normal. There are still many people waiting on the sidelines to get in but didn't want to buy during this crazy run up, now after this correction they are finally taking their positions to get in so fasten your seatbelts because this ride is far from over yet. Smiley

We've only been above $400 for a few short days. The correction isn't over.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:54:13 PM

Predictable vs unpredictable.

Predictable because lots of new suckers have entered the market. Like in April. So they are likely going to bleed the same way.
Unpredictable because most people can see the resemblance to April. So they will try to profit from that knowledge, likely generating a different result this time.
Miz4r
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

We've only been above $400 for a few short days. The correction isn't over.

Doesn't change a thing to what I wrote above, $453 could have been the bottom or we could visit $400 support within the next couple of days. Same story.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:56:59 PM

I smell 2011.
It's really too bad for people who can't imagine how 2013 could possibly be like 2011 because they weren't here at the time.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:01:26 PM

micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:02:41 PM

I smell 2011.
It's really too bad for people who can't imagine how 2013 could possibly be like 2011 because they weren't here at the time.

One would have to write a long comparative essay to convey this though    Tongue
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:05:37 PM

I have also increased the odds that we are in a bubble correction to about 75%. That said, I expect the following things happen:

- Lowest recorded trade will be in $2XX range, bigger volume around $300.
- It will take only 3-6 months to regain the old highs.
- Volume will all the time be lower than in previous situations, there is no widespread panic or general capitulation

Two bubbles in 2013  Cheesy Who could have thought...

Beating the yesterday's intraday high (BS: $640, Gox: $750, BTCC: $1000) makes me increase the odds that this is just a weekly consolidation. Every day in declining trend erodes the new investor confidence and induces more and more sales from the earlier investor community.
Miz4r
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:06:41 PM

I smell 2011.

Yes you're so smart Blitz you were there back in 2011 and you know exactly how history will repeat itself right now in November 2013. Even though you thought the same thing after the April 2013 crash, but this time it will really really be just like 2011. It has to be.  Roll Eyes
Nightowlace

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 02:09:04 PM

How is it any worse than the other two times? Also, when it gets much higher your friends will reverse their opinions again, yet probably not buy in, then it will 'crash' again, and the process will repeat over and over just as it always does with Bitcoin.

Every time it's a bigger bubble, bigger losses, and more negative publicity. Which is why they won't buy in.
Which is why they will never buy. Which is why there will never be mass adoption. Which is why Bitcoin will never become all of the things we had hoped it would.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:09:34 PM

I have also increased the odds that we are in a bubble correction to about 75%. That said, I expect the following things happen:

Are you sure this isn't just because of that dude who keeps putting up and pulling his 1500BTC wall on Gox?
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

wow YOU TOUCHED MY WALL!!!!

Yup that was my wall, i use bot to pull it. Suckers who sold b4 my walls gonna hate me now.

Edit: see noobs? this is how you can get manipulated..
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:13:37 PM

Yup that was my wall, i use bot to pull it. Suckers who sold b4 my walls gonna hate me now.

Edit: see noobs? this is how you can get manipulated..

you are not the owner of that wall so stop your BS
micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

lol   Cheesy
gambitv

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:14:46 PM

Interesting how sentiment quickly changes in this thread. Seems to me people forget we have reached double the ATH time and again.

So if you are a believer in bitcoin but would still like your fiat back, just hang on, and jump out at $1510. ( 2 * ath is 2 * 755.0 for bitstamp ).

For Gox you have to put your sell order at $1801.96 ( 2 * 900.98  ).
Pages: « 1 ... 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 [2312] 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 ... 33338 »
  Print  

Jump to: