March 19, 2024, 11:17:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 21854 21855 21856 21857 21858 21859 21860 21861 21862 21863 21864 21865 21866 21867 21868 21869 21870 21871 21872 21873 21874 21875 21876 21877 21878 21879 21880 21881 21882 21883 21884 21885 21886 21887 21888 21889 21890 21891 21892 21893 21894 21895 21896 21897 21898 21899 21900 21901 21902 21903 [21904] 21905 21906 21907 21908 21909 21910 21911 21912 21913 21914 21915 21916 21917 21918 21919 21920 21921 21922 21923 21924 21925 21926 21927 21928 21929 21930 21931 21932 21933 21934 21935 21936 21937 21938 21939 21940 21941 21942 21943 21944 21945 21946 21947 21948 21949 21950 21951 21952 21953 21954 ... 33174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26330663 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2827

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:10:31 AM

Of course, bought some when the price dropped from $6k to nearly $3k... and buying small amounts during flat periods, too.  Also, have to keeps some dry power, in case there are more drops.
I guess you, too, have some powder you hope you never have to fire.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9982

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:13:30 AM

What about you mic? You are one of the most positive people on Bitcoin and for sure a convinced hodler but... are you BUYING right now?

i play for the coins .... my way for accumulation long term, and till now my fastest way as well, if any of my friends would sell for cash i buy instantly, as my good friend has sent FIAT as well to exchanges to BUY....

my last session of little more as a month ago was a sizeable amount that i did won so increased my stash right there....
this last two weeks i didn't buy any FIAT into BTC
but i'm looking to buy some between now and lower as well cause prices are just becoming a to big of opportunity.

also know i can play with people for fiat (poker) but just always playing for BTC cause it has been my best way to accumulate and as long that i'm doing good i will keep doing this as my main way to increase, also what i have on the cold storage is not leaving anymore, so if i would lose on this low prices, then i would absolute transfer FIAT to buy cheap BTC's and pay them out....

will be looking to transfer FIAT as well cause not many that i know are selling now for cash..... Roll Eyes

Good busy.

I'm waiting for fiat to buy more, should be before the end of the month.

Also daytrading some alts on order to accumulate more.

Really necessary, because I sold a great part of my stash to buy the Ducati and lost a lot on a long during this crash, no longer a member of the 21-club, by far. Will take a lot to get to be a member again.

Interesting... for some reason I assumed that when you bought that BEAUTIFUL Ducatti you did with a minor instead of a major part of your stash.

julian071 is an example of someone who dos not have enough patience to exercise deferred gratifications.

He did the same thing in around the $700 territory.  Bought a Ducatti and then crashed it... yet perhaps insurance money might have allowed him some pay off on the first one.  Likely, the second one came, as julian071 seems to admit, based on overextending himself in terms of maintaining an adequate and reasonable BTC stash.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:18:16 AM
Merited by infofront (1)

Totally unrelated. But just one click further: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSjsNzffUGQ
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:21:14 AM

I'm buying physical, small but regular purchases. Have been since a couple of months.

choo choo wee wee

@bitserve, @kingcolex
He can't be helped. I choose to embrace it. Positivity yields positivity. Wee.

Of course, bought some when the price dropped from $6k to nearly $3k... and buying small amounts during flat periods, too.  Also, have to keeps some dry power, in case there are more drops.

Weeeeeee.

https://www.treehugger.com/energy-efficiency/good-news-bitcoin-becoming-worthless.html

Cool

NEWS!===> BITCOIN BECOMING WORTHLESS!!  Shocked #TREEHUGGERZZZ LOLLL
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:28:04 AM

@Last of the V8s, you lost your Interceptor hat!
BobLabrador stole it.

NUH UH !!! I SAW YOU PUT ON ONE OF YOUR MANY HATS FIRST, SO THEN I PUT MY HAT BACK ON !!!

I take capitulation seriously, brother.

Because he Maybe has many personality’s
Thats why the different HAT’s  Roll Eyes

With me jjg would say always a diffrent Guy of my BIG team that works around the clock on my payroll to just be here.... i don’t know giving what info thats worth being paid for, but thats just he’s thoughts Cheesy
Thats why my different hat’s

I am not sure whether your misreading me is on purpose or not, especially when you attempt to add more specifics in a way that seems to distract my assertion into a kind of strawman argument about me, and not about you, and surely, there may be some speaking in riddles coming from me, but as I have repeated several times, the essence of the "team" thing is merely to suggest that your story does not add up, so the details of what I am asserting likely just does not matter about what is your "team" exactly.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:32:25 AM

It's one of the few places left where you can spend your bitcoins online.

Unfortunately.

I'm to the point of considering ordering a credit card. My Amex was supposed to be only for emergencies but I've racked up plenty of useless sky miles over the past year with it.

Two words: Shift card.

More words: spend your Bitcoin at any place that takes Visa.

Goal of Bcash shills - attempt to get bitcoiners to spend their bitcoins, and trick BTC hodlers into thinking that they are doing some kind of public service (or at least service to the bitcoin infrastructure) by spending their bitcoins.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Many people realize that spending bitcoin is the same as selling, and frequently for accounting and tax purposes the systems in place, right now, are not very friendly times towards spending BTC - and likely there is a need to replace any spent bitcoins, especially at these prices.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:34:35 AM

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/12/11/exclusive-samsung-bitcoin-app-cold-wallet-cryptocurrencies/

Theorising here that the next Samsung generation will have hybrid cold/ hot wallet built into it.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 02:38:43 AM

Unfortunately.

I'm to the point of considering ordering a credit card. My Amex was supposed to be only for emergencies but I've racked up plenty of useless sky miles over the past year with it.

Goal of Bcash shills - attempt to get bitcoiners to spend their bitcoins, and trick BTC hodlers into thinking that they are doing some kind of public service (or at least service to the bitcoin infrastructure) by spending their bitcoins.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Many people realize that spending bitcoin is the same as selling, and frequently for accounting and tax purposes the systems in place, right now, are not very friendly times towards spending BTC - and likely there is a need to replace any spent bitcoins, especially at these prices.

By getting into the habit of spending your bitcoins it means you need to hold less fiat.

If you're not spending your bitcoins...what do you have that you can spend?
gembitz

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:44:00 AM

Unfortunately.

Goal of Bcash shills - attempt to get bitcoiners to spend their bitcoins, and trick BTC hodlers into thinking that they are doing some kind of public service (or at least service to the bitcoin infrastructure) by spending their bitcoins.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

By getting into the habit of spending your bitcoins it means you need to hold less fiat.

bags of fizzy bath salts?...tide pods? Wink yeeee
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:57:52 AM

... who are you that you go trawling through everybody else's business, IRS??

Money is a zero sum game system of control to replace the law of the jungle, so technically it's everyone's business since you have the option to choose whether it's a legit or remotely fair or beneficial system, or a rigged system that does not benefit you, then you can fall back to the law of the jungle and simply take from those who attempt to enslave you.
Great post

I welcome a collapse where money means nothing and all the paper property ownership means nothing.  Money is a way for weak and old people to stay in charge.  Can't believe so many people are brainwashed into thinking it has actual value.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:03:29 AM

Of course, bought some when the price dropped from $6k to nearly $3k... and buying small amounts during flat periods, too.  Also, have to keeps some dry power, in case there are more drops.
I guess you, too, have some powder you hope you never have to fire.

Sometimes, it can become confusing regarding how much is "new money" versus money from earlier sales, and I think that I have always been injecting a bit of new money into my whole available BTC dry powder.  Sometimes, also, there is money that becomes needed in real life, and there can be questions about the extent to which that  money is taken from the fiat funds that are supposed to be dedicated to rebuying BTC... .Of course, with the passage of time, fiat cash flow can be used to replenish any of the fiat used sources - but also, large BTC price movements in one direction or another might take a bit of time to figure out what kind of prudent measures might be taken to ensure dry powder being available (and how much)... for example, do I attempt to set buy orders all the way down to 3 digits, or do I believe that $2k is sufficient for extreme scenario?  Three digits would have been "crazy" when BTC prices were largely stuck above $6k, but now those kinds of 3 digit extremes are NOT as extreme... so they have perhaps moved from less than 3% to a probability level that comes much closer to 10%, though 10% does seem high for that kind of extreme, too.

Better would be if we could just reverse from here, but there just seems to be too much ongoing drag that to me, seems to be coming from some of the various valueless altcoins that still have billions of dollars in market cap but hardly any reasonable use case.

Earlier, I did believe that chances were pretty high that altcoins are coming for at least one more upwards ride with bitcoin, but there just seems to be so much ongoing desire to purge a bit more of the froth from those various projects, and cannot really blame "the market" for that, even while bitcoin cannot help but to suffer along with them and the ongoing pulling of the froth from several of the shitcoins..

Top twenty goes down to $244 million in market cap, and top 50 goes to $78 million in market cap.  It is possible that they have been purged enough, but at this point, I am just in an ongoing bewilderment stage that it could take at least 3 months or more (and even 6 months is not unreasonable) to figure out.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:18:51 AM

Unfortunately.

Just seems like over-investment into bitcoin to me, and bitcoin seems to volatile to invest that much of your wealth into...  but of course, everyone has to figure out his/her own balance level.

Before I came to bitcoin, I had more than 25 years of investing, which also created some kinds of tying into fiat that I was not really willing to tie into bitcoin.  So, even though my initial target was to dedicate about 10% of my quasi-liquid investment (at least how I was evaluating my other investments) into bitcoin, I ended up in the 13% or more territory, in part due to bitcoin's longer than anticipated bear market in 2014 and 2015.. so when BTC prices started to go up, my BTC value allocation went way up, but I still maintained the various fiat investments that generate income.

What I am trying to say, in part, is kind of along the gresham's law lines in that spending fiat related money first seems to be more prudent, to the extent those kinds of cashflows exist. 

I mean, I still feel that I am heavily invested into bitcoin (because of BTC's appreciation), but I have not really felt any real and meaningful needs to dip into BTC cash flows, because I already had established various fiat cashflows that I tend to spend first (which is also largely enough to address all of my ongoing needs).

Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to spending BTC, and there will likely be some time in the future that I just begin some kind of ongoing practice of regularly cashing out BTC, too... and so in that regard, maybe just some of my luxury is going to go up too... while I understand that there is a certain need to spend money rather than to die with it, so there are going to be those kinds of cashing out desires that continue to provide cashing out justification, too.

I hear people talking about living off of pure bitcoin, and maybe for some people that works, but seems quite volatile and premature for a large number of people, unless you are holding in the 1,000 btc territory... and of course, depends on standard of living too... at these prices, 1,000 BTC is only getting you $3.35 million , so seems like borderline low to be attempting to live off of that in a passive way, especially in western lifestyle, even though I understand that less than a third of that would be passive income functional in other parts of the world (if you are not planning on having some western style expenses from time to time).
gembitz

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:46:37 AM

... who are you that you go trawling through everybody else's business, IRS??

Money is a zero sum game system of control to replace the law of the jungle, so technically it's everyone's business since you have the option to choose whether it's a legit or remotely fair or beneficial system, or a rigged system that does not benefit you, then you can fall back to the law of the jungle and simply take from those who attempt to enslave you.
Great post

I welcome a collapse where money means nothing and all the paper property ownership means nothing.  Money is a way for weak and old people to stay in charge.  Can't believe so many people are brainwashed into thinking it has actual value.

in bitcoin weeeee™ trust //;)\\ choochoo™ all abraod!!
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:47:34 AM

Unfortunately.

Goal of Bcash shills - attempt to get bitcoiners to spend their bitcoins, and trick BTC hodlers ...

JJG, you're an autistic knee-jerker. Mind the context, mofo.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:19:30 AM

Unfortunately.

Goal of Bcash shills - attempt to get bitcoiners to spend their bitcoins, and trick BTC hodlers ...

My response seems appropriate, yet I am surprised by your level of hostility.

PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:23:53 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2018, 04:37:08 AM by PoolMinor

If no one is buying how the fuck the price stay there? Manipulation?

I am serious (this time), no one here seems to be buying right now, much less the "regular" people, so... who is buying to support the price?

No matter what it 'seems', for every seller of a Bitcoin, there is a buyer of a Bitcoin. Sometimes, this fundamental principle seems to escape attention.

What I find most vexatious is how someone is only concerned about price manipulation when it is being held down and not when the price is rising.

Down = Manipulation

Up = Adoption/FOMO/Accumulation.

Roll Eyes
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3782

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:43:51 AM

If no one is buying how the fuck the price stay there? Manipulation?

I am serious (this time), no one here seems to be buying right now, much less the "regular" people, so... who is buying to support the price?

No matter what it 'seems', for every seller of a Bitcoin, there is a buyer of a Bitcoin. Sometimes, this fundamental principle seems to escape attention.

What I find most vexatious is how someone is only concerned about price manipulation when it is being held down and not when the price is rising.

Down = Manipulation

Up = Adoption/FOMO/Accumulation.

Roll Eyes

Oh, that's easy to explain: because the majority is long, not short.
Shorting is psychologically hard for most people. It's the same on the stock market.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2754

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:50:37 AM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

Unfortunately.

We're pairing you two up together for third shift at the WO McDonald's.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:50:54 AM

Lack of enthusiasm / bounce at bottom of flag.   Not with a bang but a whimper.   

infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2754

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:51:13 AM
Merited by JimboToronto (1)

Pages: « 1 ... 21854 21855 21856 21857 21858 21859 21860 21861 21862 21863 21864 21865 21866 21867 21868 21869 21870 21871 21872 21873 21874 21875 21876 21877 21878 21879 21880 21881 21882 21883 21884 21885 21886 21887 21888 21889 21890 21891 21892 21893 21894 21895 21896 21897 21898 21899 21900 21901 21902 21903 [21904] 21905 21906 21907 21908 21909 21910 21911 21912 21913 21914 21915 21916 21917 21918 21919 21920 21921 21922 21923 21924 21925 21926 21927 21928 21929 21930 21931 21932 21933 21934 21935 21936 21937 21938 21939 21940 21941 21942 21943 21944 21945 21946 21947 21948 21949 21950 21951 21952 21953 21954 ... 33174 »
  Print  

Jump to: