May 05, 2024, 02:12:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23924 23925 23926 23927 23928 23929 23930 23931 23932 23933 23934 23935 23936 23937 23938 23939 23940 23941 23942 23943 23944 23945 23946 23947 23948 23949 23950 23951 23952 23953 23954 23955 23956 23957 23958 23959 23960 23961 23962 23963 23964 23965 23966 23967 23968 23969 23970 23971 23972 23973 [23974] 23975 23976 23977 23978 23979 23980 23981 23982 23983 23984 23985 23986 23987 23988 23989 23990 23991 23992 23993 23994 23995 23996 23997 23998 23999 24000 24001 24002 24003 24004 24005 24006 24007 24008 24009 24010 24011 24012 24013 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372383 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 10:43:36 PM

Yeah look. The internet is not going anywhere and electricity is not going anywhere. The only way bitcoin could realistically die is through a global nuclear war with multi-century lasting aftereffects. and at that point we have far bigger problems.

Basically block roach.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 10:49:26 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2019, 11:02:10 PM by realr0ach

The only way bitcoin could realistically die

It dies simply from having garbage fundamentals compared to physical metals.  As I already explained, there is no plausible outcome Bitcoin becomes the world reserve currency.  None.  You need a very low IQ to not understand that the base of Exter's pyramid is determined by whatever asset removes the most risk and counterparties, and Bitcoin has built-in middlemen and counterparty risk, can die from an unfathomably large amount of black swans, while metals require a black hole hitting the earth to be destroyed and actually do remove counterparty risk where Bitcoin doesn't.

Risk is objectively higher for any digital shitcoin over metals period.  Not 'a little' higher, retardedly higher.  It's not possible for digital shitcoins to defeat metals on Exter's Pyramid.  Only a fool lies to himself thinking telling himself lies is going to help him make money.  You're getting high on your own supply.  The only two possible outcomes for US currency and/or world reserve currency after the dollar implodes are as I already explained below:

1)  If the system goes bust, the state loses control, mass chaos everywhere and disruption in power, water, and other facets of normal life, odds of going back to metals as money are 100%

2)  If the banking system goes bust and the state maintains power, they will either be revaluing metals to recapitalize the system or launching a new fiat/digital currency slavery system they freshly print out of thin air.  The US govt has an extreme shortfall in gold but (through JP Morgan) owns at least 1/3rd of all physical silver on the planet and will revalue that stack to the moon.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:02:01 PM

I think we all can agree that the dollar can't continue any further. But BTC taking over, right now I would say is a 50% chance.
50% chance?  More like 0%.

50% chance for BTC and 50% for another fiat currency to be the world reserve currency.

Russia and China aren't stacking imaginary, valueless, digital shitcoins you fools:

https://russia-insider.com/en/economics/putin-dollar-threat-russian-security-does-not-deserve-be-world-reserve-currency/ri27241

Gee, I wonder what possible replacement to the dollar could be he's talking about?  Could it be?  Physical metals???

It is true that Russia and China are stacking gold. But it's mostly likely a hedge against the dollar or to make the Chinese Yuan the next reserve currency. Therefore 50% chance for BTC and 50% chance for a Yuan backed by gold Grin

People can then write out gold and silver certificates to transact with or also do it digitally, so metal's so called 'weakness' doesn't even exist when most people are going to be storing their wealth in a bank no matter if it's bitcoin, metals, or anything else being used as the unit of account.

Lol it starts off as gold and silver certificates and slowly becomes fiat backed by gold, and then repeat of bretton woods. So the cycle continues... and nothing changes.
btcbeliever

Activity: 232
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:04:59 PM

It dies simply from having garbage fundamentals compared to physical metals.  As I already explained, there is no plausible outcome Bitcoin becomes the world reserve currency.  None.  You need a very low IQ to not understand that the base of Exter's pyramid is determined by whatever asset removes the most risk and counterparties, and Bitcoin has built-in middlemen and counterparty risk, can die from an unfathomably large amount of black swans, while metals require a black hole hitting the earth to be destroyed.  

Risk is objectively higher for any digital shitcoin over metals period.  Not 'a little' higher, retardedly higher.  It's not possible for digital shitcoins to defeat metals on Exter's Pyramid.  Only a fool lies to himself thinking telling himself lies is going to help him make money.  You're getting high on your own supply.  The only two possible outcomes for US currency and/or world reserve currency after the dollar implodes are as I already explained below:

1)  If the system goes bust, the state loses control, mass chaos everywhere and disruption in power, water, and other facets of normal life, odds of going back to metals as money are 100%

2)  If the banking system goes bust and the state maintains power, they will either be revaluing metals to recapitalize the system or launching a new fiat/digital currency slavery system they freshly print out of thin air.  The US govt has an extreme shortfall in gold but (through JP Morgan) owns at least 1/3rd of all physical silver on the planet and will revalue that stack to the moon.

Roach, why are you even on this bitcoin speculation forum?  What's the point of picking arguments with us about precious metals being safer than bitcoin?  Life is too short.  Why don't you find points of agreement with others, instead of typing insults?  Bitcoin is not a shitcoin.

Bitcoin single-handedly enabled my early retirement.  It's done alot more for me personally (and that is an unerstatement!) than my gold/silver investments ever did.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:08:09 PM

Lol it starts off as gold and silver certificates and slowly becomes fiat backed by gold, and then repeat of bretton woods. So the cycle continues... and nothing changes.

^You are the full spectrum autism portion of shitcoiners who actually believe Bitcoin gets rid of banks.  It doesn't matter if the unit of account is metals, bitcoins, or anything else, most people will outsource security and liability for it to a 3rd party bank.  Whether we're talking about metals, bitcoins, or anything else, nothing removes the ability of banks to commit fraud because nothing actually gets rid of banks.  In other words, you're either not very smart or lying on purpose.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:09:20 PM

It dies simply from having garbage fundamentals compared to physical metals.  As I already explained, there is no plausible outcome Bitcoin becomes the world reserve currency.  None:

• More fungible than metals
 • More divisible than metals
 • More portable than metals
 • More storable than metals
 • More tradeable than metals (In fact you can trade the good itself across the world and not some "ticket" for the good)
 • More bearable than metals (You can "hold" it rather than holding some "ticket" to a safe in which the metal may or may not be)
 • More spendable than metals. (Try getting change on a stick of gum from a bar of gold)
 • More durable than metals (Try recovering your gold bar that sank to the bottom of the sea, got raided, took a detour during delivery or otherwise went AWOL. Bitcoin private keys are decoupled from the asset that enables redundant storage while the world's most powerful computing network looks after your public keys. With gold, the private and public keys are welded together making such sophistication impossible)

Bitcoin only has "garbage" fundamentals in the way that synthetic antibiotics have "garbage fundamentals" compared to garlic. But feel free to chomp on 20 raw cloves of garlic per day the next time you get tonsillitis.

It doesn't matter. What matters is the fundamentals relative to the prevailing market platform which over the last 150 years has been electronic. States and central banks invest in gold because they have to, not because it has "better fundamentals". It's regulated tier 1 capital. They can also benefit from a 1% change in the gold price whereas that gain on the average joe's savings would just about get you a dinner for one Wink
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:13:46 PM

Insanely dishonest Toknormal strikes again.  Bitcoin is not fungible and the dumbest of fools knows it.  Why even make believe you can get away with garbage like this?  You're the guy who shilled for Darkcoin for YEARS AND YEARS claiming "Darkcoin is teh best because it's fungible", then one day out of the blue all of sudden you say "fungibility doesn't matter, Bitcoin is better".  I'm so fucking sick of you dishonest millenial scammer scumbags.  I don't even need to go over the rest of your points because they're equally full of shit garbage.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4475

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:23:52 PM

I couldn't quite figure out what was going on there, whether it was quasi ironic or not. You'd think someone who'd been around that long would be unphased by the same thing panning out again. Then again who am I to guess anyone else's triggers?

I'm totally reading between the lines here, I have no actual knowledge, totally guessing;

My impression is that he over invested, FOMOing in with assets necessary for life support, then held through the peak.

I don't know if his losses were purely of unrealized gains or of the actual sort, but regardless it hit him pretty hard as he had to sell to make RL commitments.

About this time he also started experiencing health problems.  I am totally speculating here, but would not be at all surprised if these were exacerbated by his level of stress and worry over the above.

It is my earnest hope that he was able to reclaim at least part of his position near the lows, but if that were so one would think that we would have seen him by now...

I miss him a lot

He had other RL problems besides his celiac issues and was forced to move out of town.

I haven't heard from him in a long time. Hope he's OK.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:39:50 PM

^You are the full spectrum autism portion of shitcoiners who actually believe Bitcoin gets rid of banks.  It doesn't matter if the unit of account is metals, bitcoins, or anything else, most people will outsource security and liability for it to a 3rd party bank.  Whether we're talking about metals, bitcoins, or anything else, nothing removes the ability of banks to commit fraud because nothing actually gets rid of banks.  In other words, you're either not very smart or lying on purpose.

Do you have autism? If so, it's nothing to be ashamed of... However you seem to be projecting it onto others, maybe something for you to talk about when you visit your therapist again.

Bitcoin single-handedly enabled my early retirement.  It's done alot more for me personally (and that is an unerstatement!) than my gold/silver investments ever did.

That's amazing! I bet when we see 100k, many will join you with early retirement.

On topic: BTC still holding above OVER 9000!
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:48:08 PM

Why am I on the internet in the middle of the night instead of in bed reading a book?
I always end up buying some styling stuff for my 30 year old 740, just bought handle covers 760 style.
Really don't need it, but what the heck, I like the stuff.
Cant wait until BTC hits 100k, that's when I cash out a substantial sum of money and buy a lightyear one among other things. https://lightyear.one
Well, going to bed and cuddle with the cats now. You all have a good one.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:53:16 PM

.... I'm so fucking sick of you dishonest millenial scammer scumbags.  I don't even need to go over the rest of your points because they're equally full of shit garbage.

Ever heard of "synthesis" roach ?

It's all around you. Synthetic sound, synthetic vision, synthetic building materials and synthetic medicines.

Cryptos are more fungible simply because it was DESIGNED into them. Crypto is synthetic money. Gold is a naturally occuring mineral. You need a handy furnace to make it fungible. You need a handy Ocean Liner to make it transportable and you need a handy safe to make it storable.

All of these properties were designed into Bitcoin which is why is has better fundamentals than gold and which is why it's doing what gold SHOULD have been doing during the last 10 years of fiat supply explosion, but didn't due (contrary to your demented rantings) to it's p*ss poor fundamentals when it comes to functioning as a commodity based monetary unit in modern markets. Medieval markets - you might have had a point.

Are you one of these guys by any chance ?
FUD conference 2019
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:15:59 AM

Last of the V8s moving a part of his stash (and scaring us):

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:20:11 AM

hehe, that guy made "little" $500Million of BTC "packs" and now decided to take them for a walk. How cute.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 12:58:33 AM

hehe, that guy made "little" $500Million of BTC "packs" and now decided to take them for a walk. How cute.

So... Is Last of the V8s planning to just give away those $500 Million BTC candies to Wall Observers? Is he really that rich (and kind)? Shocked
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:41:28 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), bones261 (2), xhomerx10 (1)

Good evening Observers

I hope you all had a excellent Fathers Day and reached out to family and friends. I sure did, a beautiful breakfast with french toast, garden fresh quiche and mimosas...glorious.

Feeling truly blessed.

--------
bitcoin

#dyor
1h

4h

D

#stronghands'19
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:47:12 AM

Doubt this would get dumped on the open market. They want to pump the open market and then sell to institutions.
Retina

Activity: 252
Merit: 59

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:50:20 AM
Merited by bones261 (2)

More Evidence For Bitcoin To EXPLODE Toward My Target!

Yesterday I showed you why I believe that we could be heading to the 13500 level. Today, I'm going to show you why that could happen in a matter of days, or just a few weeks. If we look at "Move A," you can see that it has two distinct peaks, and then a hard rally that follows. That rally was 83.16%. At the time, I thought that move A would most likely roll over into a head and shoulders pattern, but that turned out to be incorrect. Now, I see that there is a similarity, between what move A looked like, and what Move B is looking like. Move B also has two distinct peaks, followed by what appears to be the beginning stages of a powerful rally higher.

Here is the insanely interesting part. If we look at the percentage gain from the low after the second peak of Move A, to the peak of Move B, we can see that it was about 83%. If we take see a similar rally (based on the similarity of the pattern, it takes us EXACTLY to the 61.8% retrace at 13,500, which is the target for the downtrend channel breakout that I posted about on the last analysis. Oh yeah, did I mention that it's also an 83% rise? It all looks good on paper, but nothing is certain. Bitcoin could crash and burn tomorrow for all we know. However, based on the data on the charts, I see a very real possibility that we could explode higher, particularly if BTC starts to trade above the 9100 high from May 30th. That's actually the condition that this analysis is based on. Obviously, we have to surpass that overhead resistance, for the market to start moving in the direction projected by this analysis. If we don't surpass 9100, then we obviously aren't going to 13500. Furthermore, there are several big resistance levels before 13500, and any one of them could act as resistance — particularly up to 10000.

With that said, it is extremely likely that if we surpass 10000, BTC is going to absolutely RIP higher. There are virtually no sell orders above 10K. The sky is the limit from there, but I think a rally above 10K will likely be capped off around 13500. At that point, the NVT will probably initiate a nuclear core meltdown in Bitcoin . But let's take it one step at a time. For now, support is being held above the downtrend channel . Price is rallying higher. We are staying above the EMA ribbon. The NVT has retreated from the sell signal. Momentum is beginning to curl up on the ADX and DI . Money flow is increasing, and the MACD has printed a bullish crossover. The stars are aligning for a really big move here, and the technicals say that it's going to be to the upside.

I'm The Master of The Charts, The Professor, The Legend, The King, and I go by the name of Magic! Au revoir.

***This information is not a recommendation to buy or sell. It is to be used for educational purposes only.***

-JD-

Source: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/0Ctr4B0v-More-Evidence-For-Bitcoin-To-EXPLODE-Toward-My-Target/
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:51:14 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2019, 02:09:42 AM by HI-TEC99
Merited by infofront (1)

Good evening Observers

I hope you all had a excellent Fathers Day and reached out to family and friends. I sure did, a beautiful breakfast with french toast, garden fresh quiche and mimosas...glorious.

Feeling truly blessed.

I had a greasy fry up breakfast.

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 02:53:57 AM

No signs of FOMO yet. This is fine.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 02:59:21 AM

I don't even need to go over the rest of your points because ...

He can't debate beyond saying the same words over and over and expecting a different response.

Exter's pyramid is outdated and defunct. He lived in a different era than today.
Pages: « 1 ... 23924 23925 23926 23927 23928 23929 23930 23931 23932 23933 23934 23935 23936 23937 23938 23939 23940 23941 23942 23943 23944 23945 23946 23947 23948 23949 23950 23951 23952 23953 23954 23955 23956 23957 23958 23959 23960 23961 23962 23963 23964 23965 23966 23967 23968 23969 23970 23971 23972 23973 [23974] 23975 23976 23977 23978 23979 23980 23981 23982 23983 23984 23985 23986 23987 23988 23989 23990 23991 23992 23993 23994 23995 23996 23997 23998 23999 24000 24001 24002 24003 24004 24005 24006 24007 24008 24009 24010 24011 24012 24013 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: