March 19, 2024, 02:24:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 23952 23953 23954 23955 23956 23957 23958 23959 23960 23961 23962 23963 23964 23965 23966 23967 23968 23969 23970 23971 23972 23973 23974 23975 23976 23977 23978 23979 23980 23981 23982 23983 23984 23985 23986 23987 23988 23989 23990 23991 23992 23993 23994 23995 23996 23997 23998 23999 24000 24001 [24002] 24003 24004 24005 24006 24007 24008 24009 24010 24011 24012 24013 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 24052 ... 33172 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26330433 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:12:50 AM
Merited by nutildah (1)

[edited out]
Yes, I am an asshole, and so are you (probably most of us here, whether we admit it or not)........

I am not an asshole.

Now I remember why I stopped coming here....

Hahahahahahahaha.... Good thing that you were able to find some evidence to confirm your previously held beliefs.

Does your above statement mean that you are going to continue to NOT come here into this thread, and then us folks, here, are going to have to go back to trying to get by without your recently valuable contributions?

If so, sucks to be us.  

Seems like we are NOT going to be as fulfilled and satisfied as we could have been.     Cry Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3780

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:17:31 AM

Basically, libra (which would be based only on usd, eur, pounds and yen) would decimate local currencies. If used broadly, why would anyone use local? Binance research suggests something similar, but in a wrong direction.

If you earn USD, why would you want to take (partial) FX risk on yen, pounds and euros?

True, that goes without saying re the dollar.
What I am talking about is the following: if, theoretically, libra becomes popular for exchange in countries outside of the big four currencies represented in the 'basket', I can foresee citizens of those countries abandoning their local currencies.
Why would they still transact in rupee/lira/peso/rand when essentially a basket of stronger currencies is available?

USD is the global reserve currency.  Making it a basket of currencies is very international but unnecessarily complicated things, in a way that a Venezuelan with a grade 3 education will struggle to understand.

Facebook dun goofed.  It should be a USD stable coin only.

it would make no sense to fb to limit only to $$.
here is a reason:
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-06-18/facebook-will-make-the-money-now

For another thing, if Libra gains widespread acceptance, its lack of one-to-one correspondence will give it a tendency to displace national currencies. If you mostly spend dollars, and Libra is always going up and down against the dollar, that will be annoying and you won’t want as many Libras. But if you mostly spend Libras—if Facebook is successful at making this the main currency of the internet—then that dynamic will reverse. If the dollar is always going up and down against the Libra, that will be annoying and you’ll want more Libras. The dollar will start to seem unstable and useless. If you buy most things online, and if everything online is priced in Libras, then you’ll end up living your life denominated in Libras, and only converting your Libras into dollars on your occasional touristic visits to the physical world. 4 The goal is for Libra to be more useful than any national currency, accepted in more places and with fewer complications; pegging it to a single national currency would only hold it back.

However, if zuck would try to displace the dollar...well, let's just say that it won't happen.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:24:21 AM

Sorry - needed to quote a .jpg in order to respond.

I am puzzling over how facebook advertising could possibly violate fair housing laws. Have we really sunk this far from a position of free trade?

Mic

Saw this and thought of you

I need to ask. Why the two satellite antennas oriented towards ground?

Dude that’s seriously funny

Don't make me dig out Maxwell's equations on y'all.

www.calibra.com

Enforced KYC and insured against hacks.

Thats the Libra website if someone is wondering.

Hmm. Sure bout that? May be scam.

Evidence? My spidey senses are tingling.

Also, registrar (1api.net) is different than facebook's (registrarsafe.com). Why?

I think it will be less centralized then SV.

I fail to see what that has to do with whether or not the website listed above is really Libra's official site or rather an impostor, but certainly savor your snide snicker sideswipe.

Full disclosure: as day has worn on, I feel less alarm over the possibility than I did at first encounter.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:35:28 AM

Go on then
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:42:11 AM

Careful with your OpSec kenzawak, my friend. I do enjoy your journeys though, just stay safe Smiley

Checking my ip logs at least twice a day but you're right, you never know, I need to be careful.
Thanks for looking out !

Yeah, 99% of people on this thread are probably absolutely fine. There’s always a couple of cunts everywhere though.

Thats why on the eight day God said "Thou shall provide an ignore button, that is all"

Work on your reading skills Hueristic!!!!!!!!!!!    Angry Angry Angry

Sometimes I get a decent amount of pleasure to boss around other WO peeps, even if they don't listen to me, anyhow.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anywhooo.... If you had read the contents of the posts that you responded to, you should have noticed that they are NOT referring to the kind of "fine" or "NOT fine" that the use of an ignore button will rectify.

They are referring to someone who might be involved in this thread to violate the opsec of privacy of other members - which is not affected by use of the "ignore button."

Actually, I would assert that way more than 99% of the peeps here don't give two shits about attempting to invade the privacy of the personal lives of other members here, but there is an industry that goes around and targets various individuals, and likely they would target the individuals with weaker opsec.. or if they can find any possible exploitable chink in the armor.

Meh, I was trying to make a funny. Anything said in an open forum should be weighed v/s what OpSec level you wish to achieve. There is no way you can change that and actually thinking you could would adversely effect your ability to reach that unattainable goal by giving yourself a false sense of security which inevitably leads to lowering your guard. Now if you feel that someone is plying you for more information than you should be sharing then the ignore button is your friend. Wink

Hahahahahahahaha

Very funny!!!!!!!!!!

NOT.

By the way, this further response comes off as quite fatalistic.

You seem to be arguing that if "bad peeps" gonna get you, then they gonna get you, and there is nothing really meaningful that you can do.

Yeah right...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Of course, there is a certain amount of oversharing that should be avoided to ensure better opsec.  Of course, merely participating in open public forms like this might cause some opsec issues in and of itself... but sometimes, there are ways to help opsec by not sharing too many personal details.

Of course, WO peeps are going to come to differing choices regarding how much personal information to share - and other opsec measures that they might discretionarily decide to take.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:58:26 AM

Jew servant Trump, the man who dodged the draft, getting ready to send the goyim off to die for Israel in style:

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:03:04 AM

They are reinventing the Tether scam. A crypto pegged to FIAT. Nothing to see here.

But one difference with Tether is that Tether is not a scam.  Tether is actually used (and that is why tether get's so much hate in the media, including gov'ts and financial institutions), as contrasted with the vast majority of the other allegedly "stable" coins.

Tether was fully backed by collateral deposits. Until it wasn't.

Tether was so not a scam. Until it was.

In regards to Tether, you are spouting out the mainstream media line too?  For what purpose?  Do you even understand what is going on in regards to the threat that tether seems to pose towards mainstream and that is largely fueling the misinformation and exaggeration campaign regarding it?

Do you work for bitfinex? You've been making excuses for them for years now.

Of course, I don't work for them.

I got kicked off their platform for a couple of years now, so I don't follow them as much as I used to.

Nonetheless, there is a lot of bullshit that is presented about them, on an ongoing basis.

There have been proclamations of their death nearly as many times as the death of bitcoin, and some of the death proclamations overlap.

They don't seem to be as BAD of players as peeps like to make them out to be, including the nonsubstantiated baloney that you assert, too.

They claimed they were fully capitalized. Until they were forced to admit they were not.

Why can't you at least present matters a bit more objectively rather than seeming to be so emotionally attached.  Bitfinex has continued to get by pretty well in the bitcoin space..... and they come up with some interesting solutions, and have not done any exit.. so far.... Yes, there is a lot of negative shit out there on them, but frequently they are able to balance a decent amount of attacks and keep operating with a decent amount of ongoing success and continued support from a decent number of users, too.

Yes, maybe some day they will do an exit scam, but they haven't so far.

It's really not that hard to detect their dishonesty.

Yes, especially when you seem to have some kind of axe to grind with them.

You really buy that they are engaged in shenanigans rather than also being attacked?

I don't believe that they were completely honest in their 2016 hack and how they handled it, but they surely did get through that situation in a very creative way...

They also seem to be putting up a decent fight with the tether shenanigans including some of the loss of funds, including court claims against them too... and they survived several procedural situations in which the government was seeking injunctions against them, and they are getting around the injunctions, so it seems, no?

I really don't need to point out anything more than that.

O.k.. don't then... you bitfinex hating fool.   Tongue Tongue Tongue  (another hat for you to wear).
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 06:03:46 AM

Basically, libra (which would be based only on usd, eur, pounds and yen) would decimate local currencies. If used broadly, why would anyone use local? Binance research suggests something similar, but in a wrong direction.

If you earn USD, why would you want to take (partial) FX risk on yen, pounds and euros?

True, that goes without saying re the dollar.
What I am talking about is the following: if, theoretically, libra becomes popular for exchange in countries outside of the big four currencies represented in the 'basket', I can foresee citizens of those countries abandoning their local currencies.
Why would they still transact in rupee/lira/peso/rand when essentially a basket of stronger currencies is available?

USD is the global reserve currency.  Making it a basket of currencies is very international but unnecessarily complicated things, in a way that a Venezuelan with a grade 3 education will struggle to understand.

Facebook dun goofed.  It should be a USD stable coin only.

it would make no sense to fb to limit only to $$.
here is a reason:
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-06-18/facebook-will-make-the-money-now

For another thing, if Libra gains widespread acceptance, its lack of one-to-one correspondence will give it a tendency to displace national currencies. If you mostly spend dollars, and Libra is always going up and down against the dollar, that will be annoying and you won’t want as many Libras. But if you mostly spend Libras—if Facebook is successful at making this the main currency of the internet—then that dynamic will reverse. If the dollar is always going up and down against the Libra, that will be annoying and you’ll want more Libras. The dollar will start to seem unstable and useless. If you buy most things online, and if everything online is priced in Libras, then you’ll end up living your life denominated in Libras, and only converting your Libras into dollars on your occasional touristic visits to the physical world. 4 The goal is for Libra to be more useful than any national currency, accepted in more places and with fewer complications; pegging it to a single national currency would only hold it back.

However, if zuck would try to displace the dollar...well, let's just say that it won't happen.

wait:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/18/maxine-waters-facebook-hearing-1539475

lol

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:05:23 AM

Your limit buy order for 0.11* BTC at $8,99* has been filled immediately.

72% of the way to owning another full kernel of corn.

#btfd #hodl

I mean, that's cool and all, but I must admit some puzzlement as to why you would be publicly touting minnow activity? I had you pegged for a much larger fish.

s/he/it is internally contradictory.  And unstable, from time to time.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Not rational and sane, like you.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:17:35 AM

Lauda is tired of your shit JayJuanGee.

BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2649

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 06:21:15 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 12:30:03 PM by BitcoinGirl.Club

Good morning WO!
Been away for a short trip last two days.

Observing @ $9,174.

Any update from V8?

When I have these many pages to catch up, I really need JSRAW 🤪

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:36:54 AM

Stahp with your jealousy, roach.  It's unbecoming of a gentleman.... Can only bitcoin HODLers be gentlemen, like the thread?
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3413
Merit: 4319

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:40:24 AM

Automatic Bitcoin micropayments are comming to Lightning Network.

https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-streaming-money-joule-automated-payments/
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 06:40:45 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 12:29:57 PM by BitcoinGirl.Club

Stahp with your jealousy, roach.  It's unbecoming of a gentleman.... Can only bitcoin HODLers be gentlemen, like the thread?

What have I missed LOL

R0ach became BFF of Lauda?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:47:57 AM

Stahp with your jealousy, roach.  It's unbecoming of a gentleman.... Can only bitcoin HODLers be gentlemen, like the thread?

What have I missed LOL

Roach is merely grasping at straws with his usual jibber-jabber, gobbledy-gook doesn't hardly make no sense spoutings...

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:49:29 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 07:02:11 AM by jbreher

Go on then

Won't even have to. Satellite-band TV signals, being electromagnetic waves, are just light that oscillates more slowly. Accordingly, people can understand elements of their behavior by commonly perceived light behavior.

Look at one of those antenna dish assemblies. Picture your eye being where the LNA is. Pointing in the same direction - angled upwards towards the dish. Now envision the dish being a mirror. Whadda ya see? The road? No! You see the sky, silly.

Those dishes are pointing skyward.

Hard to draw mathematical notation in BBCode anyhoo. Plus, it'd run right over most heads.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 06:55:10 AM

They claimed they were fully capitalized. Until they were forced to admit they were not.

Why can't you at least present matters a bit more objectively rather than seeming to be so emotionally attached. 

More objectively!? My statement above is objective fact, you nincompoop.

It's really not that hard to detect their dishonesty.

I don't believe that they were completely honest

'zackly. 'zwhat I'm sayin' They are dishonest. Full stop.

(see how I added an exclamation to my question in order to demonstrate my emotional attachment?)
VanguardVale

Activity: 66
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:08:47 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2019, 01:55:57 AM by VanguardVale
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Now that bullish sentiment as enveloped the crypto market it once again, and Bitcoin inches closer to $10,000 - an important FOMO trigger - Tom Lee is back to making bold calls about the leading crypto by market cap, and believes that the digital asset will trade between $20,000 and $40,000. Once $10,000 is broken above again, Lee expects a similar reaction to what occurred during the highly-publicized meteoric rise of 2017. Around Thanksgiving that year, Bitcoin passed $10,000 as families talked during family dinners.
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 07:32:39 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 12:29:51 PM by BitcoinGirl.Club

Stahp with your jealousy, roach.  It's unbecoming of a gentleman.... Can only bitcoin HODLers be gentlemen, like the thread?

What have I missed LOL

Roach is merely grasping at straws with his usual jibber-jabber, gobbledy-gook doesn't hardly make no sense spoutings...

Well as expected 🤪
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 11715

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:33:24 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1), pawel7777 (1), serveria.com (1), ChinkyEyes (1)

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Goodmorning boys and let the BTC virus spread Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 23952 23953 23954 23955 23956 23957 23958 23959 23960 23961 23962 23963 23964 23965 23966 23967 23968 23969 23970 23971 23972 23973 23974 23975 23976 23977 23978 23979 23980 23981 23982 23983 23984 23985 23986 23987 23988 23989 23990 23991 23992 23993 23994 23995 23996 23997 23998 23999 24000 24001 [24002] 24003 24004 24005 24006 24007 24008 24009 24010 24011 24012 24013 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 24052 ... 33172 »
  Print  

Jump to: