May 08, 2024, 02:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27594 27595 27596 27597 27598 27599 27600 27601 27602 27603 27604 27605 27606 27607 27608 27609 27610 27611 27612 27613 27614 27615 27616 27617 27618 27619 27620 27621 27622 27623 27624 27625 27626 27627 27628 27629 27630 27631 27632 27633 27634 27635 27636 27637 27638 27639 27640 27641 27642 27643 [27644] 27645 27646 27647 27648 27649 27650 27651 27652 27653 27654 27655 27656 27657 27658 27659 27660 27661 27662 27663 27664 27665 27666 27667 27668 27669 27670 27671 27672 27673 27674 27675 27676 27677 27678 27679 27680 27681 27682 27683 27684 27685 27686 27687 27688 27689 27690 27691 27692 27693 27694 ... 33333 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26376519 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12066

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 09:30:12 AM
Merited by HairyMaclairy (1)

2 4, 7 7 7.
A three year old game, .2 5
Could be won... soon-ish....

Do you have a link to the old game buddy?

Yes it’s on one of the last pages here .... (the full list of participants somewhere on page 18937 I think)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg26767496;topicseen#msg26767496
^
This is the real start of that game

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 09:31:30 AM

A hacker is dumping the Ledger database for free on forums.. emails, phone numbers, addresses etc.. Shocked

Expect huge spam and phishing waves for people owning a Ledger.

Click on this link if you think your data has been compromised.

I have gotten at least 20 spam emails.  /yawn

What this hacker is doing is putting people at serious risk of physical extortion attacks! People may be be kidnapped, tortured and even killed because of his actions. This is a criminal act, and I really hope this hacker is found, arrested and put to jail for life.

That's not even a hacker. It's a troll.
If ledger doesnt grant my "right to be forgotten" as an EU company, to an EU citizen, they're gonna get into trouble, i swear.
They have to send me a proof of deletion. I soon will issue an ultimatum, otherwise my lawyers phone will ring my tune.
News coverage of ledger trying to escape the law would be candy.
[/angry mode]

I'm with you on this. I was not affected, purely out of luck (purchased a Ledger from those jokers in 2017—one year before the leaked data), but I'm pretty sure they still have my details.

I'm an EU citizen too. If there is a law or other legal/official info I can use to threaten them in the email I'm going to send them, please let me know, either publicly (maybe here, for the benefit of all), or via PM. I also want to make sure they completely erase my data from their servers.

And I do hope they go bankrupt—I think they will, given that their blunder directly negates their sales pitch for their h/w wallets. Who, in their right mind, would buy a Ledger, or use their online services, after what happened? The Ledger may be a solid product, but I prefer the mafia way of dealing with such issues: "When in doubt, kill 'em all!"

I was lucky too, not affected.
I also browsed and searched the leaked content, and there are surprisingly more customers in my area (within 50km) than i thought.
However, to every name i was visualizing a face getting smashed with a hammer, so i quit sniffing in the file.

Here's your pointer:

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 09:33:08 AM

i got old ledger wallets cheap! Wink harhar
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 09:34:21 AM

Im not stupid enough to type my details into any internet "have I been hacked" search engine.

But had no spam so far.

No need. You can download the leaked files and search yourself using a text editor. That's what I did.

yeah but its not much different from a list of people who brought expensive hot tubs.

Sure some may be rich, some might just like hot tubs.

There are much easier ways for crooks to find rich people.

The paranoia level here is like a feedback loop.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4172

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 09:36:26 AM

I'm with you on this. I was not affected, purely out of luck (purchased a Ledger from those jokers in 2017—one year before the leaked data), but I'm pretty sure they still have my details.

I'm an EU citizen too. If there is a law or other legal/official info I can use to threaten them in the email I'm going to send them, please let me know, either publicly (maybe here, for the benefit of all), or via PM. I also want to make sure they completely erase my data from their servers.

And I do hope they go bankrupt—I think they will, given that their blunder directly negates their sales pitch for their h/w wallets. Who, in their right mind, would buy a Ledger, or use their online services, after what happened? The Ledger may be a solid product, but I prefer the mafia way of dealing with such issues: "When in doubt, kill 'em all!"

I was lucky too, not affected.
I also browsed and searched the leaked content, and there are surprisingly more customers in my area (within 50km) than i thought.
However, to every name i was visualizing a face getting smashed with a hammer, so i quit sniffing in the file.

Here's your pointer:

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/

Fixed your link above. Need to remove the extra "http://" and all quotes from the BBCode.

Thanks for this.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 09:45:46 AM

Im not stupid enough to type my details into any internet "have I been hacked" search engine.

But had no spam so far.

No need. You can download the leaked files and search yourself using a text editor. That's what I did.

yeah but its not much different from a list of people who brought expensive hot tubs.

I just suggested a secure way to check if you're on the list...

I think the more immediate threat for those affected is the spam/phishing flooding of their email accounts. But it is possible that some (hopefully none) could face physical harassment too.
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 09:56:45 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (2)

Anyone else feel that this $22.5k - $23.5k somewhat sideways movement is similar to the time spent bouncing around 19k a few weeks back?  Up a bit, down a bit but always returning to some form of equilibrium at a similar level.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:08:56 AM
Merited by 600watt (1)

But had no spam so far.

I think the more immediate threat for those affected is the spam/phishing flooding of their email accounts. But it is possible that some (hopefully none) could face physical harassment too.

There are 273K customers on the list. That's not a partial database. You bought from them before the leak and you should be there. With whatever data you provided to them. The "persona" I provided to them is in fact there.

This is something that "happens" but at the same time it is something that should not have happened. What angers me the most is that they lied in saying it was only a very partial list with only 9K customers when it is indeed the whole list.

Many, if not most, of the addresses in the list look like real home addresses (maybe not their own though) no P.O. boxes or business.

The only good thing is that the list is so big (in fact there is way more people in some zones than I would have ever guessed) that it "dilutes" the focus of any potential "attacker". Also, like Globb0 said it doesn't mean those do have a big amount of BTC (maybe not even BTC, just worthless shitcoins) nor that they do still have anything anymore.

Not a dull day in Bitcoinland....

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:11:59 AM

I am glad those ledger suckers only have my email.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:20:40 AM

But had no spam so far.

There are 273K customers on the list. That's not a partial database. You bought from them before the leak and you should be there. With whatever data you provided to them. The "persona" I provided to them is in fact there.

This is something that "happens" but at the same time it is something that should not have happened. What angers me the most is that they lied in saying it was only a very partial list with only 9K customers when it is indeed the whole list.

Many, if not most, of the addresses in the list look like real home addresses (maybe not their own though) no P.O. boxes or business.

The only good thing is that the list is so big (in fact there is way more people in some zones than I would have ever guessed) that it "dilutes" the focus of any potential "attacker". Also, like Globb0 said it doesn't mean those do have a big amount of BTC (maybe not even BTC, just worthless shitcoins) nor that they do still have anything anymore.

Nope. They clear their e-commerce database from time to time, iirc once a year.
This one got leaked, with data from a certain timespan.
They outsourced their shop and the shop software was vulnerable.
It's not the customer database, which is not accessible from the internet, where all customer data is stored.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:31:37 AM

But had no spam so far.

Nope. They clear their e-commerce database from time to time, iirc once a year.
This one got leaked, with data from a certain timespan.
They outsourced their shop and the shop software was vulnerable.
It's not the customer database, which is not accessible from the internet, where all customer data is stored.

Then it is the full database since they outsourced the shop till June 2020 (if they are not lying again). 273K customers is a lot of customers and way more than the 9K they initially said had been compromised.

Do we know the dates from and to of the data compromised?
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:38:21 AM

[...]

272,853 customers to be exact. I have the file open in front of me now, and, no, I'm not in the list (fortunately)!

It's a kind of weird feeling to see in front of me so many emails, full names, addresses, phone numbers... Several of them in my own neighbourhood. The list is so large, that anyone anywhere could possibly find a Ledger owner close by...

This should make us all aware of the implications of submitting our personal details to different sites on the net. We should not take this lightly.

Do we know the dates from and to of the data compromised?

The leaked files do not contain date information. They are in this format:

File 1: Just email addresses (those in Ledger's mailing list)
File 2: Email | Full Name | Address 1 | Address 2 | State/Country | Telephone Number
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2020, 10:46:14 AM

[...]

272,853 customers to be exact. I have the file open in front of me now, and, no, I'm not in the list (fortunately)!

It's a kind of weird feeling to see in front of me so many emails, full names, addresses, phone numbers... Several of them in my own neighbourhood. The list is so large, that anyone anywhere could possibly find a Ledger owner close by...

This should make us all aware of the implications of submitting our personal details to different sites on the net. We should not take this lightly.

Did I miss something? Where can I see the list?  Shocked
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:47:39 AM

[...]

Did I miss something? Where can I see the list?  Shocked

I don't want to post a link to leaked data... Just Google it. Very easy to find. <--- That's the scary part!
Dead_M

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

Crypto is the next evolution of mankind

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:48:20 AM

true bitcoin got decent price movement hope the price will start to grow again
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:58:49 AM

But had no spam so far.

Can't help feeling possessing such data is perhaps a little naughty.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 11:03:40 AM

But had no spam so far.

It is, but if you've purchased a Ledger before June 2020 (or ever, really), you are entitled to peek inside and check if your data is in there.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 11:22:24 AM

But had no spam so far.

It is, but if you've purchased a Ledger before June 2020 (or ever, really), you are entitled to peek inside and check if your data is in there.

I was lucky, too.
But, i apologize because i was thinking about the old, hacked dataset.

This one is new.
F*ckers!

EDIT: Just read their apologies on titter. "Alerted the authorities" Huh LOL
Help, police!!! HEeeeelp!! What a bunch of losers.
They should consolidate and wipe their data every day. What's so hard about that?
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 11:22:45 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Great, now I need Bitcoin to moon so I can buy a new house in order to feel safe again. THANKS, LEDGER!

And I only bought the stupid thing for its novelty value and to keep some loose change on it...
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 12:18:35 PM

wtf?

https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/musk-tesla-bitcoin-101.html

Classically this means, you should sell. At least it's the case on stocks.

Tagesschau is the official (semi state owned) TV news source in Germany. like BBC in GB. they report about elon musks tweet conversation with micheal saylor. like it is relevant news.  Cool

we are winning. billionaires tweeting about converting billions of USD into BTC is hitting prime time news. wow.
Pages: « 1 ... 27594 27595 27596 27597 27598 27599 27600 27601 27602 27603 27604 27605 27606 27607 27608 27609 27610 27611 27612 27613 27614 27615 27616 27617 27618 27619 27620 27621 27622 27623 27624 27625 27626 27627 27628 27629 27630 27631 27632 27633 27634 27635 27636 27637 27638 27639 27640 27641 27642 27643 [27644] 27645 27646 27647 27648 27649 27650 27651 27652 27653 27654 27655 27656 27657 27658 27659 27660 27661 27662 27663 27664 27665 27666 27667 27668 27669 27670 27671 27672 27673 27674 27675 27676 27677 27678 27679 27680 27681 27682 27683 27684 27685 27686 27687 27688 27689 27690 27691 27692 27693 27694 ... 33333 »
  Print  

Jump to: