May 05, 2024, 11:27:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 28235 28236 28237 28238 28239 28240 28241 28242 28243 28244 28245 28246 28247 28248 28249 28250 28251 [28252] 28253 28254 28255 28256 28257 28258 28259 28260 28261 28262 28263 28264 28265 28266 28267 28268 28269 28270 28271 28272 28273 28274 28275 28276 28277 28278 28279 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372597 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
GbitG

Activity: 756
Merit: 312

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2021, 08:31:06 AM

Good Morning Bitcoiners we have some crazy moments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2021, 08:32:15 AM

Good morning WOvians ... The next dump after a tremendous sunday. So cheap coins for you. I have sadly no fiat ...

Whose fault is it for this resistance? All coins are cheap coins  Grin
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 08:35:57 AM

Space elevator: the noob Newtonian dabbler in me has a question.

Won't a sufficiently high/massive elevator slow down this mudball's rotation? As in, longer days? Conservation of angular momentum and all that. Please make me feel safe again. Thanks.

If it was that heavy, what do you propose to anchor it to?  A large tent peg?

No because the space elevator is rotating the earth at the same speed as the earth. Also the material came from earth so it's still conservation of energy and mass.

It's mass doesn't matter because it's hanging from space.
You don't need to tether it because it's hanging down from space so you just need some concrete block at the bottom that weighs more than the counter weight in space.

Until you learn gravity always win in the long run.
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 08:39:02 AM
Merited by Parazyd (1)

Good morning WOvians ... The next dump after a tremendous sunday. So cheap coins for you. I have sadly no fiat ...

Whose fault is it for this resistance? All coins are cheap coins  Grin

Yeah ... But some of them are a little cheaper then the others Cheesy
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 09:20:10 AM
Merited by bitebits (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), Karartma1 (1)

very good post. now do the same thing with "blockchain" and i rain merits on you.

Blockchain that should be easy one...

Blockchain is fairly new concept too but older than cryptocurrency for sure. Even the WikiPedia page of the Blockchain it self was created on 9 October 2014‎ . But as far as Bitcoin and Satoshi Nakamoto is concerned he never mentioned his transaction ledger as blockchain (not in his whitepaper at least). So this claim of the Wikipedia page isn't so true "The blockchain was invented by a person (or group of people) using the name Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008". Yes he did presented the idea of "blocks" and "chains" but he never called it a "Blockchain". He mentioned it as "chain of digital signatures", "proof-of-work chain" and he did mention it one time as "chain of blocks" but that's too in totally different context.

Oxford University added the word "Blockchain" to it's dictionary in 2015 as a noun and defined it as "A digital ledger in which transactions made in bitcoin or another cryptocurrency are recorded chronologically and publicly."

But since I want to keep my discussion around Bitcoin so here you go, the domain name https://www.blockchain.com  was created on: 2011-03-08 and it was created by a founding member of Coinbase, no not Satoshi Nakamoto but someone named "Ben Reeves".

What google trends says about "blockchian"? as expected almost zero results before the creation of Wikipedia page and that was in 2014.

More strange google have only 179 results for the word "blockchain".

Enough about the word blockchain lets get back to the concept, yes Satoshi Nakamoto did invent this concept and he did mention the word "block chain" in his posts here on bitciontalk too

I think it would be possible for BitDNS to be a completely separate network and separate block chain, yet share CPU power with Bitcoin.  The only overlap is to make it so miners can search for proof-of-work for both networks simultaneously.

In such discussions many seniors have been using the term "blockchain" as one word, that includes "Hal Finney" and "theymos" too.. to my search i found this user "MoonShadow" who used this term in the way we know

(there are no actual cryptocoins in your wallet, they exist only as a series of entries into an encrypted ledger we call the blockchain, more like writing a check than actual coins)

Conclusion:
- Satoshi Nakamoto is indeed the inventor of the concept "blockchain".
- Originally it was "block chain" later became one word as a noun we know today "blockchain".
- Satoshi Nakamoto invented the concept "block chain" in 31 October 2008
- Birth of the word "blockchain" happened on this forum bitcointalk around 2010

that was quick delivery. thank you.

keep in mind that the "chain of blocks" that satoshi referred to is just a chain of blocks. one could also say "block chain" and even making it only one word "blockchain" is not a crime. to satoshi and to bitcoinMaxis this chain of blocks is the transaction history of the bitcoin protocol.
a transaction history is needed for the protocol to check if an UTXO is really an UnspendTXO. that is it. it is no technology, and - god forbid - not an invention at all.

just because everyone and there grandma is parroting "blockchain is the technology behind bitcoin" does not make it a technology. it is not. satoshi did not try to find a tech that made lying and cheating impossible. he tried to solve a problem in computer science - the double spend problem and by knitting together a handful of established cryptographic tools he was able to eliminate trust in a special p2p network without central authority. the bitcoin protocol is a pre-set closed system.

no btc token can be taken out of the protocol or added to it. (the ones that are not mined yet are already in the system, but not released yet. the release rate is known and also fixed from the get go.)

since it is a closed system, no "actual" input is necessary nor even possible. if you have keys to UTXO`s the bitcoin protocol let´s you choose how many you wish to send to another address. but that is it. that is no input from "outside", that is just an option to slice the UTXO. since there is no input possible, no one can cheat. everyone agrees on the same ledger, trust is eliminated, and since no owner or central authority is protecting the protocol satoshi set game theoretic rules that make it profitable to sell electric energy to the network in order to protect the network. the protectors get paid in fresh (but pre-set) UTXO sets. it is always more profitable to play with the rules of this closed system than working against it.

all this complicated cryptography, the consensus rules, the UTXO set, etc , etc created a closed system of ledger entries, that no one ever can fuck around with. great, but of what use is such a pre-set protocol that can´t do anything but sending around fractions of its native data entries back and forth?

it is utterly useless. it does not "communicate" or react with the outside world. you can´t use it for anything. only for one thing: a globaly monetary network. since money is the most important economic good and tool this very very special technology with only one use case "cant be fucked around with/manipulated or stopped" has such an impact.

lots of folks were hit by the impact - wtf - the dirty cheating lying monster that we call internet, that we all know, cannot be trusted one second, gave birth to a technology where no one can cheat???  how the fuck does this work?  and when others started explaining: look, there is this chain of blocks...  blockchain became a buzzword and then came the banks with the "blockchain-not-bitcoin" narrative.

blockchain does not magically enforce honesty in any way. it cant. as soon as you have data entries made by humans, those humans can lie or cheat and the software will never be able to tell because the real world is not the same as the digital realm. only bitcointechnology is able to connect both worlds.

after several years of this nonsense no other "blockchain" is used to solve any real world problem. blockchain is semantic wasteland as nic carter put it. it is nothing. an communication error.  in the same way that shitcoins are all scams by default since they are just digital tokens that can represent something but cannot enforce anything in a trustless manner as long as they have companies that issue them or control them. no shitcoin is decentralized. they are all pyrit. the only viable thing to represent is money. and the digital money token problem is solved by the bitcoin protocol.

blockchains/shitcoins are often said to enhance/proof/establish property rights/ownership of whatever. but they cannot. you cannot tie real world stuff into the digital realm in a trustless but enforcable manner. the bitcoin protocol can do this but only with pre-set tokens and that invention is already done and running and that is why it is worth almost a trillion USD.

BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 09:29:26 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

https://e24.no/boers-og-finans/i/aP3qQO/aker-satser-en-halv-milliard-paa-bitcoin-med-nytt-selskap

"Aker is investing half a billion in bitcoin with a new company
Aker launches the company Seetee, which will focus on cryptocurrency, and has already bought bitcoin for NOK 500 million."
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12041

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 09:47:22 AM

A friend just bought this one..... cool isn’t it
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3006

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 09:50:39 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2021, 10:02:34 AM by OutOfMemory
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Won't a sufficiently high/massive elevator slow down this mudball's rotation? As in, longer days? Conservation of angular momentum and all that. Please make me feel safe again. Thanks.

If it was that heavy, what do you propose to anchor it to?  A large tent peg?

No because the space elevator is rotating the earth at the same speed as the earth. Also the material came from earth so it's still conservation of energy and mass.

You don't need to tether it because it's hanging down from space so you just need some concrete block at the bottom that weighs more than the counter weight in space.

Still some things that seem not right to me...

1. Gravity vs. weight.

Weight is a gravitational-realtive unit.

Questions:
Isn't the counterweight in space much lighter because of the distance?

2. Mass vs rotation.

As an example: When doing a flip/backflip you pull arms and legs to the body, to speed up the rotation (or you would just land on your head). There is no mass added/reduced and still extending arms and legs slows down the rotation. Since there is extended mass (but little, in relation to the planet), it has to have some effect on rotational speed too. Maybe the weight/distance problem from (1) adds to it, because you'd need greater mass in space to act as counterweight, which leads to

3. counter"weight" vs. payload:

The counterweight in space is lighter than the weight (payload) on the ground, because of the distance and lack of gravity, right? How would it be even possible to send the space-weight down and at the same time pull the ground-weight up?

These are the main aspects that just don't add up for me.
Or is there a very basic error i'm making in my assumptions?

What google trends says about "blockchian"? as expected almost zero results before the creation of Wikipedia page and that was in 2014.

More strange google have only 179 results for the word "blockchain".

Google didn't invent the blockchain. Otherwise, a search for "encryption" would deliver tens of thousands of results featuring the term "blockchain", along with some blockchain ads. Internet politics. Shitty as everything political.

A word on yesterday's rise in BTC price:

All my friends like tits. Me too, but i like shoulders even more. Preferably with heads in between  Cool
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 10:09:06 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Still some things that seem not right to me...

1. Gravity vs. weight.

Weight is a gravitational-realtive unit.

Questions:
Isn't the counterweight in space much lighter because of the distance?

2. Mass vs rotation.

As an example: When doing a flip/backflip you pull arms and legs to the body, to speed up the rotation (or you would just land on your head). There is no mass added/reduced and still extending arms and legs slows down the rotation. Since there is extended mass (but little, in relation to the planet), it has to have some effect on rotational speed too. Maybe the weight/distance problem from (1) adds to it, because you'd need greater mass in space to act as counterweight, which leads to

3. counter"weight" vs. payload:

The counterweight in space is lighter than the weight (payload) on the ground, because of the distance and lack of gravity, right? How would it be even possible to send the space-weight down and at the same time pull the ground-weight up?

These are the main aspects that just don't add up for me.
Or is there a very basic error i'm making in my assumptions?

Good points an just for the record I’m not a physicist so I’m trying  Wink

1. Yes the counter weight has negative acceleration in reference to us because the rotation is pushing it away from earth. So negative artificial gravity.
The mass needs to be further out than geostationary orbit. So mass and/or distance into space need to be adjusted.
Too high and you overload the tether. Too low and it comes crashing to earth.
This all can be calculated. It’s safe to say you need a significant mass 10000km higher than geostationary orbit. The weight needs to be able to move in or move out to compensate for the mass going up and down the tether.

Great point but this is based on the percentage mass you displace.
The tether will have the mass in the order of magnitude of 10000kg initially then beef it up 1000fold.
10,000,000kg is not a lot relative to the mass of the earth (5,972*10^24 kg).
Arms of a person I would estimate to be 5-10% of the total body mass.

P.S. launching a rocket doesn’t push earth out of the solar system based on Newton’s law. Nor can we stop earth rotating by walking on the surface. It does apply a force but negligible based on mass difference Tongue
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 10:21:10 AM

Wow! I like it ... I am no cat type, but I like it...
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 10:48:01 AM

So long as he keeps being a corn #strongcat, I see no problem putting that on a wall or on the WO.
Is your friend having fun staying irrelevant or is he unlocking corn full potential?
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 11:03:29 AM

Yes, yes it is.
Where did he buy it?
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 11:44:44 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

-several snip snips-

2. Mass vs rotation.

The tether will have the mass in the order of magnitude of 10000kg initially then beef it up 1000fold.

This is the angular momentum issue I had. if the mass ratio between the outstretched "arm" and the main body is in the order of 1e-17, the slowing down should be around 1e-12 sec/day. Quite tolerable. We'd need to buiild a thousand billion such elevators before the day slows by 1 second.

Another issue I had but left unvoiced was about the displacement of the earth+elevator system's center of mass, leading to rotation that is not only slowed down, but also somewhat eccentric wrt the "center of the earth". Given these back of the envelope calculations, the displacement/eccentricity are negligible too.

I'm feeling safe again. Thanks.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 11:56:21 AM

2. Mass vs rotation.

This is the angular momentum issue I had. if the mass ratio between the outstretched "arm" and the main body is in the order of 1e-17, the slowing down should be around 1e-12 sec/day. Quite tolerable. We'd need to buiild a thousand billion such elevators before the day slows by 1 second.

I'm feeling safe again. Thanks.

Not much earth would be left because we made space elevators out of it Wink
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 12:06:37 PM

Not much earth would be left because we made space elevators out of it Wink

Well, mass wise there would still be ~5.97199e+24 kg out of 5.972. That's kind of the point I guess  Cheesy
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 12:33:14 PM

Bearz rekt time again.

Sorry for the off-topic. Grin
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 01:04:16 PM

Very cool.

Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 01:35:47 PM

homer, my man, this bulldog ain't got laser eyes on his hat yet, yo. Kiss Kiss Wink Wink Kiss
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 01:46:51 PM
Merited by Cryptotourist (3)

homer, my man, this bulldog ain't got laser eyes on his hat yet, yo. Kiss Kiss Wink Wink Kiss

eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 02:08:40 PM

Retsus 5000 Years of Martial Arts eyes Cheesy

Introduction :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r98dzGkpA1o
Pages: « 1 ... 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 28235 28236 28237 28238 28239 28240 28241 28242 28243 28244 28245 28246 28247 28248 28249 28250 28251 [28252] 28253 28254 28255 28256 28257 28258 28259 28260 28261 28262 28263 28264 28265 28266 28267 28268 28269 28270 28271 28272 28273 28274 28275 28276 28277 28278 28279 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: