May 07, 2024, 05:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 28235 28236 28237 28238 28239 28240 28241 28242 28243 28244 28245 28246 28247 28248 28249 28250 28251 28252 28253 28254 28255 28256 28257 28258 28259 28260 28261 28262 [28263] 28264 28265 28266 28267 28268 28269 28270 28271 28272 28273 28274 28275 28276 28277 28278 28279 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 28305 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 ... 33329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373280 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
COBRAS

Activity: 850
Merit: 22

$$P2P BTC BRUTE.JOIN NOW ! https://uclck.me/SQPJk

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:02:21 PM

Looks like btc mining plants ? Look a this photo carefully - thy are grow !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:05:54 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2021, 09:12:57 PM by Biodom

1. States that favor private property rights and other freedoms (usually conservative)
2. States that have low or no income taxes
3. States that have low property taxes (this is huge!!)
4. States with moderate climates and a longer growing season
5. States that don't have to deal much, if at all, with natural disasters (i.e., tornadoes, tropical storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, mudslides, etc.)
6. States with low electricity costs
7. States that have lots of available, lost cost land within 10-20 miles of a major city
8. City near where you will live has a decent airport with international flights

If you cross reference all of this criteria, you'll find that it narrows it down to about a half dozen states at most.

Really you narrowed it down to Texas.  Except for #3 which is balanced by #2.
Tennessee was my thought: Texas gets way too many natural disasters which lead to starving mobs. No fun. And I think they have pretty high electricity costs with no ability for solar producers to get the higher prices utilities charge in an emergency. That cap is *nasty* IMO.

But you could build something way out in the sticks, build your own power utility isolated from the Texas grid and provide power to other people. Hm.....

Tennessee had 35 tornados in 2020..as i was saying..there are no 'safe ' places, nature-wise...almost.
I respect the right of people to bear arms, but not interested personally in carrying a loaded weapon in public, although I had seen people with a holster in Tx, not sure licensed or not, but almost 100% chance of being licensed.
That said, if someone shows up with the gun, not holstered, but in their hands in a store, educational setting or in a movie theater, that might look a bit awkward, at least to me.
TX carry laws are complicated, but it seems that the populace made sensible decisions about them. At first, our faculty were very concerned about people running with guns in their hands in a college setting, but all is very sensible in reality.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:10:08 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2021, 01:50:03 AM by Torque
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), El duderino_ (1)

I will add, people really underestimate the importance of low property taxes.

Case in point: I live in a brand new, state-of-the-art, 2500 sq. ft house on many many acres of land. My yearly property taxes are ~$1400/yr., even with all the land.

By contrast, I have a family relative that lives with her husband in Chicago. She's an Anesthesiologist and he's a commercial pilot. They also live in a 2500 sq. ft house, built in 2003, on 1/3rd of an acre of land. Not only did their house cost 2 times as much as mine + my land just to purchase, but they pay a whopping $24,000 per year in property taxes. That's $2000 a month going out the window in just property taxes!! And yet they still complain that they are strapped every month.  Roll Eyes  Tongue And because they are in Illinois, their property taxes are likely to continue going up. Hell, their property taxes could possibly double within just another decade or two.

You know what you can do with an extra $1900/month over thirty years? A fkn lot, that's what. Invest, buybtc.

In 20 years they will still be upper middle class poor, and I will be even more wealthy.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:16:09 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

1. States that favor private property rights and other freedoms (usually conservative)
5. States that don't have to deal much, if at all, with natural disasters (i.e., tornadoes, tropical storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, mudslides, etc.)
7. States that have lots of available, lost cost land within 10-20 miles of a major city
8. City near where you will live has a decent airport with international flights

If you cross reference all of this criteria, you'll find that it narrows it down to about a half dozen states at most.

Tennessee was my thought: Texas gets way too many natural disasters which lead to starving mobs. No fun. And I think they have pretty high electricity costs with no ability for solar producers to get the higher prices utilities charge in an emergency. That cap is *nasty* IMO.

But you could build something way out in the sticks, build your own power utility isolated from the Texas grid and provide power to other people. Hm.....

Texas has absurdly high property tax rates, and high sales tax rates.

Exactly, but our (TX) housing cost is often lower, even in urban areas.
However, it also sucks not to have as large % housing appreciation as left and right coasts.
Our neighborhood prices are at or slightly below those in 2014.
From 2014 to 2016 oil dropped from 112 to 37 within less than 2 years, Houston RE did not "like" that (or maybe it was storm effects).
Maybe we will "pop" this year or the next one, by the looks of it.
BTW, Hawaii has high house prices, but VERY low property taxes, probably one of the lowest in US.
Yes, TX property tax is around 2% of the property value yearly, which is very high, but not the highest.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:28:18 PM

For peeps who carry, it should not be in your hand unless you are about to use it. It should be either concealed or in a proper holster, and not simply tucked in some pocket (unless it's a pocket carry gun.)

I don't mind so much Texas laws... it's probably all the movies and stuff. I actually want to visit it one day due to a certain gym that happens to be there...

Yeah, property taxes are so ... I don't know, I mean, save the $1900 / month and put it to better use. When you have more corns, you can afford to move back to IL, but you may find you don't need to.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:28:48 PM

However, it also sucks not to have as large % housing appreciation as left and right coasts.
From 2014 to 2016 oil dropped from 112 to 37 within less than 2 years, Houston RE did not "like" that (or maybe it was storm effects).
BTW, Hawaii has high house prices, but VERY low property taxes, probably one of the lowest in US.
Yes, TX property tax is around 2% of the property value yearly, which is very high, but not the highest.

I'm actually still considering relocation to Texas. I took a little vacation to South Padre Island before the big catastrophe. I toured the Rio Grande Valley, and found it to actually be much nicer than I expected. The housing is very cheap down there, and the climate is on par with central, coastal FL.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:59:09 PM

I'm actually still considering relocation to Texas. I took a little vacation to South Padre Island before the big catastrophe. I toured the Rio Grande Valley, and found it to actually be much nicer than I expected. The housing is very cheap down there, and the climate is on par with central, coastal FL.

I have lived here for 30 years.  This years disaster was an anomaly.  The property taxes DO suck.  But they and the sales tax are what you get with no state tax. 

Texas is the size of a country.  Has the economy of a country.  And generally aligns with my own political values.  Overall I am happy here.  But there are way cooler places to live than where I do... And some of those places have much more reasonable property taxes as well...  Getting a little out of the metro areas will do much to mitigate that.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 07:06:44 PM

This is my personal list, or choices, of states, in the US: Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, and North Dakota.

If anyone who lives in those states can comment, would be much appreciated. Although I am currently living in another country and bounce around a couple of them, and I will probably not go to the US to live there for a long time even if I can legally. My relatives live in Illinois, but it's not really an issue for me to live elsewhere.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 07:16:32 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

Sounds good...will be taken under consideration when building a custom "dream house".
The only question right now is: where?
Current thinking is to go bi-coastal (a combo of FL/WA-OR-CO; Caribbean/WA-OR or even FL/Canada (Vancouver?)...less likely is one house in US, one in Europe (London or something sunny, like Portugal).
Portugal has something good going with a golden visa, but learning Portuguese might be difficult (or not).

This is something that many of us WOers will seriously need to consider. And by the looks of it, this will need to happen sooner than some may have imagined. Bob is building a ranch, Jimbo is buying a lake (man, that sounds so cool), Elwar is into seasteading (not without its troubles, but still, he's pursuing his dream).

I'm also thinking of different possibilities. It's not easy to be rich. Sometimes not having a choice is much easier than having many choices and not being able to decide (although I'd take the second option anytime).

If you live in the U.S., here's my advice to narrow things down (which I did):

Other areas of the gulf coast may qualify, and perhaps Tennessee.

Of the "other gulf coast states besides TX and FL", Alabama, for instance, has a ~5% income tax, which applies to capital gains AFAIK, but that could be offset by their very low property tax rate. Also, that state will remain red forever, which would be a pro for me.

I like that the Oklahoma house passed a bill saying that the state could decided the constitutionality of any federal law or executive order, as far as wether or not they will enforce it.

OK could be a hidden gem. There's always NH, the free state. But most would be turned off by the cold.

I won't recommend Panama. They displayed their tyranny during the plandemic by locking us all in our homes, only allowing men to go to the grocery store 2 times a week during a 2 hour window each day. They're finally opening up but at a huge cost to the economy. That's another thing to factor in. These places that destroyed their economies...now they need you to fund the government since nobody else has any money.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 07:35:03 PM

Well... with all this sh!tshow snowstorm nonsense "miniiceagewarmup" people will kinda wake up more, they still start to prepare while others laughed of Texas. And they will get rekt when the snow won't melt up North on the next time the snowing will pull a number on everyone. Smiley
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 07:39:07 PM

Our planet has seen no less than 4 or 5 ice ages. It will come again. They say the climate change will make everything melt too. Better be prepared to live at both extremes. I would personally find it nicer to live in a colder country as most homes can be easily insulated and heated.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 07:42:57 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2021, 09:04:12 PM by Elwar

As some may know, I tend to want to be able to spend my bitcoins so I'm always looking at how to do so.

I just found this awesome service that may change everything. https://paywithmoon.com/

It just came out but it's a browser extension (I installed it on Brave) that allows you to pay with bitcoin on US websites that accept Visa payments.

You go through the payment process on the website as usual...shopping cart, checkout, all that. Then you choose to pay with credit card, it gives you your total.

Then you open up your Moon extension which asks you to input your total amount, then takes a Lightning payment (or Coinbase payment if you connect it) and then it gives you a one time prepaid visa card which you can then copy into the credit card payment and you're all set.

No bank required.

However, I did test it out on some obscure clothing store website that my wife has been wanting some clothes from for months but I told her since they don't accept bitcoin we can only shop on Amazon (through purse.io). The website rejected the payment with an error of "High Risk". Fortunately the extension has the option to refund the funds so no big deal. (Edit: This may be due to me signing in from Panama.)

This opens things up quite a bit for the folks asking "but where can I spend my bitcoin?".
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 07:55:59 PM

This is my personal list, or choices, of states, in the US: Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, and North Dakota.

If anyone who lives in those states can comment, would be much appreciated. Although I am currently living in another country and bounce around a couple of them, and I will probably not go to the US to live there for a long time even if I can legally. My relatives live in Illinois, but it's not really an issue for me to live elsewhere.

I've lived in Arizona growing up (in the summers). It's ok...yes, the heat is an issue that you need to get used to. It certainly has its different areas, north in the mountains it can get cool. South near Tucson it's just wide open desert. Phoenix has its rich and poor areas as most cities do. I lived there as a kid so I wouldn't know much about the taxes, gun rights, property rights, etc. The way everyone deals with the heat is they go from their air conditioned house to their air conditioned car to their air conditioned business. You come back to your super hot car where I have literally fogged up the windows from my sweat evaporating from the heat.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 07:56:40 PM

Sounds good...will be taken under consideration when building a custom "dream house".
The only question right now is: where?
Current thinking is to go bi-coastal (a combo of FL/WA-OR-CO; Caribbean/WA-OR or even FL/Canada (Vancouver?)...less likely is one house in US, one in Europe (London or something sunny, like Portugal).
Portugal has something good going with a golden visa, but learning Portuguese might be difficult (or not).

This is something that many of us WOers will seriously need to consider. And by the looks of it, this will need to happen sooner than some may have imagined. Bob is building a ranch, Jimbo is buying a lake (man, that sounds so cool), Elwar is into seasteading (not without its troubles, but still, he's pursuing his dream).

I'm also thinking of different possibilities. It's not easy to be rich. Sometimes not having a choice is much easier than having many choices and not being able to decide (although I'd take the second option anytime).

If you live in the U.S., here's my advice to narrow things down (which I did):

Other areas of the gulf coast may qualify, and perhaps Tennessee.

Of the "other gulf coast states besides TX and FL", Alabama, for instance, has a ~5% income tax, which applies to capital gains AFAIK, but that could be offset by their very low property tax rate. Also, that state will remain red forever, which would be a pro for me.

OK could be a hidden gem. There's always NH, the free state. But most would be turned off by the cold.

FL/NH combo for the win (~6 mo in ea with a yearly winter trip further south to the Caribbean).
I have been to NH during summer-it is extremely nice (especially for a person who likes more moderate climate).
The air alone is worth it, plus other niceties, like plenty of clean fresh water.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 08:17:09 PM

Our planet has seen no less than 4 or 5 ice ages. It will come again. They say the climate change will make everything melt too. Better be prepared to live at both extremes. I would personally find it nicer to live in a colder country as most homes can be easily insulated and heated.

https://21stcenturywire.com/2020/09/05/global-cooling-noaa-confirms-full-blown-grand-solar-minimum/
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 08:42:05 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2021, 08:57:55 PM by Biodom

btc is doing something nice today. Ain't bull market great  Grin.

EDIT: a small info nugget. US sold ~181.4K btc so far for $151 mil (mostly in 2014). Current price: $9.8 bil (~64.8X). Nobody told them to hodl.

OT: For those who got Pfizer and absolutely no side effects-I've got an infrared laser probe from my mining days-it measures within 0.1oC and it shows that the area of injection has 2-2.5C higher temp than slightly above and below on the shoulder. So, something got injected-that's for sure.  Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10219

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 08:53:36 PM

Well, I infer that "Bitcoinbunny" is probably a "she".

Hahahahaha

Never thought about the "bunny" matter like that.. I mean that bunnies would need to be girls.

Maybe, subconsciously, I was thinking about the energizer bunny, and that particular bunny seems to had been a boy bunny, no? 

and there's the easter bunny that seems to be non-gender specific.. and could be either a boy or a girl, even though it is laying eggs, so therefore more girlish ideas as I am thinking out loud about the easter bunny matter.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:01:59 PM

Well, I infer that "Bitcoinbunny" is probably a "she".

Hahahahaha

Never thought about the "bunny" matter like that.. I mean that bunnies would need to be girls.

Maybe, subconsciously, I was thinking about the energizer bunny, and that particular bunny seems to had been a boy bunny, no?  

and there's the easter bunny that seems to be non-gender specific.. and could be either a boy or a girl, even though it is laying eggs, so therefore more girlish ideas as I am thinking out loud about the easter bunny matter.

was it a chicken-rabbit hybrid bunny, since it is "laying" eggs?
good point though, albeit a bunny sounds more like a girl-rabbit vs Jack-rabbit-that one is a "boy" for sure.  Grin
in short: bunny is a "she", bun is a "he", imho and per:
https://www.exoticdirect.co.uk/news/rabbit-names-female-male-funny-famous-rabbit-names
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9547

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:06:27 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), Torque (1)

@Bloqport
BREAKING: JPMorgan has filed a set of documents for a 'Cryptocurrency Exposure Basket' with reference to #Bitcoin .

The filing, which lists 11 reference stocks in the basket includes MicroStrategy, Square, Riot, NVIDIA, Paypal, CME Group and more
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1665650/000121390021014251/s131030-fwp.htm

https://twitter.com/bloqport/status/1369382771089637386?s=21
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 09:15:19 PM

@Bloqport
BREAKING: JPMorgan has filed a set of documents for a 'Cryptocurrency Exposure Basket' with reference to #Bitcoin .

The filing, which lists 11 reference stocks in the basket includes MicroStrategy, Square, Riot, NVIDIA, Paypal, CME Group and more
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1665650/000121390021014251/s131030-fwp.htm

https://twitter.com/bloqport/status/1369382771089637386?s=21

Jamie Dimon is probably spinning in his grave.
Pages: « 1 ... 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 28235 28236 28237 28238 28239 28240 28241 28242 28243 28244 28245 28246 28247 28248 28249 28250 28251 28252 28253 28254 28255 28256 28257 28258 28259 28260 28261 28262 [28263] 28264 28265 28266 28267 28268 28269 28270 28271 28272 28273 28274 28275 28276 28277 28278 28279 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 28305 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 ... 33329 »
  Print  

Jump to: