May 11, 2024, 02:39:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28255 28256 28257 28258 28259 28260 28261 28262 28263 28264 28265 28266 28267 28268 28269 28270 28271 28272 28273 28274 28275 28276 28277 28278 28279 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 [28305] 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 28314 28315 28316 28317 28318 28319 28320 28321 28322 28323 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 28330 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 28338 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 28350 28351 28352 28353 28354 28355 ... 33341 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381792 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12091

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:54:29 PM

under 60k USD.. poor again

anyone what to go in on a pallet of ramen noodles?

Had some pad thai.... know the feeling again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 09:04:09 PM

Here's another. Color me a Saylor fanboy. He gets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkkXCoAVnX8

So I watched the whole hour plus video because it was a good talk...you're right he gets it.

I'm not criticising his view but I am certainly in disagreement on some of his points.

I think one of his major points is that all of the billionaires in the world will be moving their wealth to bitcoin due to its excellent ability as a store of wealth. I won't jump into the "store of value" vs "currency" debate as that has been fought tirelessly, I have always seen it as both but if people are ok with it being a store of value without the ability to use it as a currency then that's all good. I always assumed that it would not be seen as valuable without the ability to spend it easily. Hence my interest in the lightning network and making it easy to spend your wealth.

He also focuses on the fact that corporations, billionaires, etc. won't really care if they have to follow KYC/AML guidelines if they are placed on Bitcoin because they're already doing that for all of their assets and they don't really care. Adding that it may even make Bitcoin even more valuable as it gets more regulated.

Of course, that's where it rubs me the wrong way. Though I am open about my bitcoin spending and have nothing to hide, if you look at history there are several examples where being able to hide wealth and what you do with it from the government. I use the example of...what if the jews had bitcoin under Hitler's reign. They could have used OpenBazaar to order weapons, radios, their families that escaped could have sent them funds from overseas, etc. To blindly trust that governments having full knowledge of your finances should be ok over the next 100 years requires ignoring the past 100 years. Of course, the technology of Bitcoin is moving toward full privacy of transactions so that's a good thing. Get all of the money into Bitcoin then make it a privacy coin. Too late for the tyrants to put the genie back in the bottle at that point.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:05:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmmN1bGulfU

Skip to 56:10 , there is no such Brotherhood/Friendship in Crypto.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:07:46 PM

bitcoin down over $1000! is this the start of a bear market?

Quick search of post history & I can see the username matches (I’m not sure if you belong with elite gentlemen in the WO. The Altcoin sub called, it’s missing its brokedummy).

I’ve seen many of your kind come & go over the years. Trolling in this thread won’t make you happy after messing up the opportunity of the century by selling all your bitcoin too cheap & ending up as a sad, brokedummy.

Well I hope ya'll are proud of yourselves. down $5000 in 6 hours, of course one more tweet and you're all rekt again. we'll see tomorrow

I sold too early on the last bull run and never got to buy the coins back....

Hi guys I also need a loan of 500$ right now through paypal

Good find, LFC, good find. Observing those weak hands that sold their coins so low, coming over to WO to troll and play smart and know-it-all wise guys, is sad and amusing at the same time. That's why my Ignore List is, and always will be, empty. Guys like brokedummy, proudhon, r0ach, STRF, gembitz, are kind of like little clowns that cheer us up when corn is going sideways and things get a little boring.

I'd say, let them troll and enjoy the show. Just don't feed them, 'cause they're going to shit on you.

I mean I'm still hodling the second half of my stack after all these years. Yeah I sold early to make sure I was playing with house money and lost half my bitcoins that I'll never get back but I just posted that I sold puts and bought out of the money calls for this week. It's a bullish play. Why the hate?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:10:26 PM

Nice Torque.

I am very, very, very happy (similar to joyful) that you have not given up on numerological framenings.

Wink

Tongue Tongue Tongue

I am quite happy to be wrong about the price going down over the next few years.

I have no buying or selling to do for several years anyway so I am just watching with joy the higher it goes.

Looking forward to $100k for easier conversions of sats.

Surely, it is a good thing that you are happy (another word for "joy") about such an outcome that seems to have quite decent chances of playing out.. rather than your nonsensical vision of a $50k top that fucks up the cycle into 3 years rather than 4, and not that such craziness could not happen, your assertion of such a scenario seems like almost pure fantasy land given a variety of other macro and even institutional FOMO factors that you are either failing to account for or downplaying way to much in your presumption of a $50k top for this cycle.

I factored in $50k as the top about 3 years ago when I put my sell order in.

Yes.. I understood that part..

So I went from about 99.9% BTC to about 95% BTC at that price.

Fair enough.

When you know the bitcoin price is going to the moon and all you have is bitcoin but the price is $6-7k and you have rent due or you're borrowing someone else's car because you don't want to sell multiple bitcoins to buy your own car knowing that those bitcoins are going to be worth so much more very soon...it kinda sucks. Now I have enough for the next cycle so I'm good.

Another fair point.. cannot argue with that.

I like Saylor's talk about borrowing against your bitcoins so you never have to sell. I'm going to work on that over the next couple of years to be ready for any big purchase I may want in the future.

Sure, there might be some scenarios in which that is useful, but I don't think that it is necessary for everyone, and surely not opposed to having options.. so in that regard, not bad to know about the option in order that such option can be weighed and considered.

Unfortunately I'll be paying the capital gains for this year's sale. I really hate paying taxes, I've been able to avoid it by only selling under the zero tax rate per year but I think borrowing will be a good way to do it from now on.

Sure avoiding or minimizing taxes is not a bad goal.. currently or even on an ongoing basis.

So, overall Elwar, I was criticizing the way that you were calling the top and being a bit boastful about it, and not really your various mitigating strategies or shaving off profits..  .. I shave profits all time, but I am not suggesting that any of those places are the top.. and I give few shits if it is or not, even though when we are in a bull market and including having our three currently valid BTC prediction models along with macro considerations as I have already mentioned in my earlier post, it seems quite out of touch to be asserting with any degree of confidence that $50k might be the top, even if the rationale for a $50k top may well have been better 3 years ago, but currently, we are not three years ago, so we cannot lock ourselves into plans from our thinkenings three years ago, even though maybe in your case (it seems) you were still convinced by such three years ago logic and perhaps even accounting for subsequent (and current) happenings.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 09:11:35 PM

under 60k USD.. poor again

anyone what to go in on a pallet of ramen noodles?

Had some pad thai.... know the feeling again.

I have been intending to open a new topic about my patent-pending invention of The Bitcoin Diet™:  Bitcoin’s deflationary nature helps disgusting fat “people” to spend less on food, so that they can slim down.

In the Bitstamp dataset that I have handy, the very first transaction from 13 September 2011 was a 1.0 BTC purchase for $5.80.  A Big Mac costs somewhere around $5.80, if I understand correctly (though I don’t really know; I don’t eat that stuff).  Therefore, if you are a fat slob who stuffed his face with a Big Mac 9½ years ago instead of buying Bitcoin, that Big Mac cost you the current equivalent of $60k!

Seriously.  Stop eating.  Start saving!  Slim down by stacking the sats.

Will make a real thread about this... sometime.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 09:12:42 PM

I like Adam Driver more.

https://youtu.be/v_z48pRBjSY?t=766
brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:16:43 PM

I'm the brokedummy because I started with no capital when everyone said it was too late to get rich. The most BTC I ever held was under 13
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 09:16:49 PM

Quick search of post history & I can see the username matches (I’m not sure if you belong with elite gentlemen in the WO. The Altcoin sub called, it’s missing its brokedummy).

I’ve seen many of your kind come & go over the years. Trolling in this thread won’t make you happy after messing up the opportunity of the century by selling all your bitcoin too cheap & ending up as a sad, brokedummy.

Well I hope ya'll are proud of yourselves. down $5000 in 6 hours, of course one more tweet and you're all rekt again. we'll see tomorrow

Good find, LFC, good find. Observing those weak hands that sold their coins so low, coming over to WO to troll and play smart and know-it-all wise guys, is sad and amusing at the same time. That's why my Ignore List is, and always will be, empty. Guys like brokedummy, proudhon, r0ach, STRF, gembitz, are kind of like little clowns that cheer us up when corn is going sideways and things get a little boring.

I'd say, let them troll and enjoy the show. Just don't feed them, 'cause they're going to shit on you.

I mean I'm still hodling the second half of my stack after all these years. Yeah I sold early to make sure I was playing with house money and lost half my bitcoins that I'll never get back but I just posted that I sold puts and bought out of the money calls for this week. It's a bullish play. Why the hate?

Good for you, but frankly speaking was it really a half? Or perhaps 90%? Or otherwise why would you apply for a $500 loan while still having half of your stash?  Grin  
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:19:32 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2021, 09:29:39 PM by wxa7115

Saylor gets extra awesomeness points for inadvertently trolling the hell out of Wilhelm.  LOL.
And you know what it is the worst part? He is not even making the symbol.

Instead of using his index finger he is using his middle finger, which means that an honest reading of the symbol will be ‘VB’ or at worst ‘VPL’, is Saylor an old school coder and uses Visual Basic? I do not know but one thing is for sure he is not using the symbol.

BTW this is one way I use to troll the thought police, instead of using your right hand use your left and to make the OK symbol, when someone points out that you are crimethinking which is doubleplusungood and you are about to become an unperson make the point that it is in fact a different symbol which actually reads ‘QW’, if someone still tries to make the point of reading from right to left instead of left to right calmly point out that in that case it reads ‘WQ’, the dumb will just accept your explanation and think of you as enlightened the smart will realize you are trolling but from that moment on I make the point to make the OK symbol whenever they are within sight just to troll them.

And if you want to use your right hand then do what Saylor is doing and use any of your fingers but your index to make the sign and troll them that way too.

Edit1: BTW to me the OK symbol is just that but if someone else wants to read more into that then they are free to do so but I will make a point of trolling them in real life when they do.

Edit2: Typos
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:25:06 PM

Soon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckV2ogbt8W4
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:26:41 PM

I like Adam Driver more.

https://youtu.be/v_z48pRBjSY?t=766

Heh they look like they are brothers, when i first introduced Gold Rush to a friend he said : When did Kylo Ren start mining Gold  Cheesy
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:26:50 PM

Edit: BTW to me the OK symbol is just that but if someone else wants to read more into that then they are free to do so but i will make a point of trolling them in real life when they do.

Yes, the whole OK symbol thing was a hoax from 4chan to troll the soft-headed. And as you say, he's not doing it anyway. Fortunately, Wilhelm admitted to raging TDS so we can just pretend it never happened.
brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:32:21 PM

Good for you, but frankly speaking was it really a half? Or perhaps 90%? Or otherwise why would you apply for a $500 loan while still having half of your stash?  Grin  

That was just a sarcastic comment taken out of context. Somebody was asking for money pretending they were gonna pay it back and I just hopped on and said I also want free money.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:53:31 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2021, 10:14:54 PM by Wilhelm
Merited by wxa7115 (1)

Edit: BTW to me the OK symbol is just that but if someone else wants to read more into that then they are free to do so but i will make a point of trolling them in real life when they do.

Yes, the whole OK symbol thing was a hoax from 4chan to troll the soft-headed. And as you say, he's not doing it anyway. Fortunately, Wilhelm admitted to raging TDS so we can just pretend it never happened.

I just noted what I saw with a "Huh" and it wasn't that thank God.

But I'm ok with getting beaten over the head for making that observation.
So keep the bashing going... Have a sucky day already.... Kiss
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2793
Merit: 1820

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 10:15:03 PM

Let's see:

Sodled half the stash at $1200 ✔
Dived into shitcoins ✔
31337 traded to a lower BTC stash ✔
Now selling BTC upside for premium (covered calls) ✔
Hodled 𐄂

Pretty much typical "trader"

Edit: No hate, just underlying lessons for other noobs "traders"
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4181

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 10:18:55 PM

There's no hate. Just try to read your own posts that LFC has dug out... I've gotta tell you man, posting that you sold a good chunk of your BTC for $1200 and you put it all on shitcoins (and calling them shitcoins yourself) sounds like Bozo the Clown Amusement Park material. But no, there's no hate here in WO, I can assure you of that.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 10:19:00 PM

So keep the bashing going... Have a sucky day already....
It is not your fault, just as some are seeing ghosts now thanks to that hoax there are some people using the OK symbol with that intention, which is why I shared my techniques to keep making it and keep yourself safe or troll people if you want, I am sorry lets just forget about it, this has been a bad day for everyone as bitcoin is now barely above 60k.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 10:21:58 PM

Think I've been seeing too many Trump Supporters on TV throwing out that symbol.

Damn.  You liberals managed to steal the 2020 U.S. election with massive ballot fraud, and you’ve still got TDS!

Saylor gets extra awesomeness points for inadvertently trolling the hell out of Wilhelm.  LOL.
And you know what it is the worst part? He is not even making the symbol.

Instead of using his index finger he is using his middle finger, which means that an honest reading of the symbol will be ‘VB’ or at worst

“VB”?  The initials of Vitalik Buterin!

Nooooooo!  Saylor is dogwhistling a pump for ETH!  Bitcoin is dead.  SELL!!!!!!!

Here I thought that he was only a domestic terrorist.  :-(

[...] ‘VPL’, is Saylor an old school coder and uses Visual Basic? I do not know but one thing is for sure he is not using the symbol.

BTW this is one way I use to troll the thought police, instead of using your right hand use your left and to make the OK symbol, when someone points out that you are crimethinking which is doubleplusungood and you are about to become an unperson make the point that it is in fact a different symbol which actually reads ‘QW’, if someone still tries to make the point of reading from right to left instead of left to right calmly point out that in that case it reads ‘WQ’, the dumb will just accept your explanation and think of you as enlightened the smart will realize you are trolling but from that moment on I make the point to make the OK symbol whenever they are within sight just to troll them.

And if you want to use your right hand then do what Saylor is doing and use any of your fingers but your index to make the sign and troll them that way too.

Edit1: BTW to me the OK symbol is just that but if someone else wants to read more into that then they are free to do so but I will make a point of trolling them in real life when they do.

👌  ←  There, did I get it right?

This is funny to me, because I’m not even white.  I just think that white people are collectively committing suicide, because even the ones who aren’t brain-damaged ultrawoke liberals are usually moral cowards.  The latter don’t have the balls to stand up to the former.  —Well, I guess this means I must be guilty of “multiracial whiteness”.  LOL.  👌

Free speech.  Use it, or lose it.

Fortunately, Wilhelm admitted to raging TDS so we can just pretend it never happened.

OK, you beat me to it.  I take too long to assemble posts.

So keep the bashing going... Have a sucky day already....

Oh, you poor victim!  Just full of victimhood, you are.

You have perfected the anti-art of liberalism.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12091

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 10:32:44 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Pages: « 1 ... 28255 28256 28257 28258 28259 28260 28261 28262 28263 28264 28265 28266 28267 28268 28269 28270 28271 28272 28273 28274 28275 28276 28277 28278 28279 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 [28305] 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 28314 28315 28316 28317 28318 28319 28320 28321 28322 28323 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 28330 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 28338 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 28350 28351 28352 28353 28354 28355 ... 33341 »
  Print  

Jump to: