April 26, 2024, 09:50:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 28305 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 28314 28315 28316 28317 28318 28319 28320 28321 28322 28323 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 28330 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 [28338] 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 28350 28351 28352 28353 28354 28355 28356 28357 28358 28359 28360 28361 28362 28363 28364 28365 28366 28367 28368 28369 28370 28371 28372 28373 28374 28375 28376 28377 28378 28379 28380 28381 28382 28383 28384 28385 28386 28387 28388 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368092 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 05:29:40 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Yeah, I was discussing this with my gf the other day. She has family members that have told loads of other family members. It’s really irritating, I don’t want to be having to face questions like -

‘So how many bitcoin do you have’
‘What are they all worth’
‘When will you sell’

Mind your own damn business. I don’t ask to see your wages or bank statements, assholes.

Tell them to learn how to use a block explorer. Cheesy

Let's assume, just for the sake of argument that LFC gf name is Elizabeth (I have no idea).
Instead of saying anything about bitcoin, retort by saying "Liz and I are thinking about splitting".
They would leave you alone and converge on a "poor Liz".
A risky proposition, perhaps, as some "retaliation" and sad face might follow, but maybe needed for the future opsec.
Otherwise, things would go out of hand shortly.

Thankfully, my wife is very discreet about it. We never tell anything even to our children.
Eventually, they would know, but not yet, although there could be some debate about this as their life path could be different (or not).
My worry is that knowing anticipation of the future 'reward' might result in the current passivity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 05:41:42 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Price going down yo!

Every time we get anything close to clear of $59,100.

Hmmmm.

Patience.
We had that before, in February.
Just wait out for the higher magnitude pump that breaks through and lifts the price to around $65k, before we get another little correction.
We're still oh-so-early  Wink

Not very early, but 'midterm', maybe, like AMZN from 2008-2010.

I meant early within the scope of this year.

That's a pretty whimpy reply, OOM.

You really believe that it is going to take much more than a week or two to get up to $65k?

Oh?

I see that you twos seem to be attempting to refer to a kind of estimation of when the top of this particular peak might be?  Or maybe you might be referring to early as in we are going to be having a few peaks before bitcoin might start to level off.

Oh now I am confused.

The fact of the matter does seem to be that even if a lot of normies continue to consider that they are late to bitcoin because it had peaked several times, and it is being bid up by institutions and other kinds of early adopter front runners, normies are still going to likely profit considerably even if they wait for supra $150k, they buy in at $500k or even higher prices.  Sure, none of these matters are really guaranteed, and of course, if normies buy in at the top of a cycle, then they might end up feeling a decent amount of pain for three years or perhaps even longer.. maybe even 3-7 years?  There is no guarantee that our ability to profit in every single damned 4 year period is going to continue, but just imagine if folks like Saylor, Musk, and some of the relatively BIGGER institutional players end up overhyping this particular cycle into the $1million to $3million range, which surely could cause decent chances for a longer bear market - especially because during the hype cycle (referring to our current one) a bunch of folks start to believe the nonsense about a supercycle and the end of bear markets and blah blah blah.. a lot of that other likely to be shown bullshit, then yeah, the resulting bear market could end up dragging out longer than our previously experienced bear markets that had caused no one to ever lose money so long as they at least held for 3.6 years or something like that.

~58k USD

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

need to rest a bit for that next big run up.

ramen noodle reserves: 67% so looking ok

What do you mean by "rest" vapourminer?

Are you suggesting a decently large price correction from here?

Or are you suggesting some kind of consolidation at the upper end of the price range?''

Could we at least agree upon some kind of parameters?  In recent times, I have kind of been considering that any BTC prices that are about within 15% of the most recent local top (in these times, referring to most recent ATH) would be kind of at the top (or damned near) the top of the range.

So in this case, as I type, our most recent top/ATH is $61,782 from about a week ago, which would cause top of the range to be about $52,515 (that's about a 15% correction).  I am not exactly caught up upon exact numbers in regards to many of us largely recognizing that our lil fiend can have a broad array of behaviors in terms of depth of correction and how long such corrections might last.. while at the same time each of us are likely better served in appreciating that each cycle is quite likely to play out in slightly different (if not greatly different) ways from previous cycles...

Anyhow, part of my inquisition does seem to try to get your assessment of what you are considering to be "rest" potentialities in terms of the place that our price is at, currently?

By the way, who the hell knows whether your past irresponsibilities are going to allow you to get removed from ramen status in each and every one of these seemingly wee lil price corrections.  You seem to be a god damned walking moral hazard, whether you are having boating accidents, losing your keys due to irresponsibility or whatever it is.  I am hoping that some day you are able to learn from your mistakes and perhaps acquire enough wee lil fiends to amount to something in life.. beyond ramen.  Remember folks, lessons might be learned from vapourminer.  Try to strive to accumulate a number of BTC that is in within your grasp... whether that is a fraction of a BTC (these days) are getting up to 1 BTC or even the mindrust example of having had supposedly achieve 10BTC for a few hours before supposedly panic (gambling on down) selling all of them. And, then once you are able to reach your BTC accumulation goals, attempt to safeguard your keys and learn practices that will help you to improve your quality of life, because surely with such great BTC price appreciations in recent times, including our recent 5-6X price appreciations we should be ready willing and able to eat more than ramen.  Surely I understand that vapourminer may well be exaggerating a wee tiny bit with his relativism of the ramen example, but still it may well take time to transition into a kind of larger consumption status, and historically bitcoin seems to have allowed many of us to transition into greater consumption abilities, even if there still might be some feelings of needing to conserve some of our consumption inclinations during BTC price dippenings.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 06:24:01 PM
Merited by Biodom (1)

Unfortunately, some people who know I have bitcoin seem not to care for my opsec and will happily discuss the fact that I hold btc with anyone they feel like. Which is annoying, since I don't go around talking about anyone else's finances. So I am wondering how to address this issue. It didn't seem to matter many years ago that I had told a few of my friends about my btc holdings but now, at these prices, it's something I wish I hadn't done.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Pretty much everyone...     

Yeah, I was discussing this with my gf the other day. She has family members that have told loads of other family members. It’s really irritating, I don’t want to be having to face questions like -

‘When will you sell’

Mind your own damn business. I don’t ask to see your wages or bank statements, assholes.

This is why I made the decision from my very first purchase, to never tell any friends, family members, or colleagues that I own bitcoin.

I realized right away that nothing good would come of it: either they would spend the early years laughing at you because they think it's a scam, or spend later years pissed at you that you became rich (on a scam asset in their minds) and won't share the wealth with them.

Either way, you won't be admired for your brilliant investment, like you deserve to be.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 06:45:06 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4), Torque (1)

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 06:54:35 PM

WO! How are we doing?

It's been busy three days in my end. Too tired, need long rest.

Observing @ $58,520

Coinbase Settles With CFTC for $6.5M Over Old Trading Practices

https://coindesk.com/coinbase-settles-with-cftc-for-6-5m-over-old-trading-practices

That is a good and recent link, even though the picture contains a 2019 date, the article is from yesterday (March 19). 

Many of us have love hate relations with Coinbase and part of those love hate feelings seem to relate to some of the underlying shenanigans that were the basis of the CFTC investigation that resulted in the $6.5 million settlement.

Surely some of Coinbase's egregiousness was felt by members here. 

Personally, just from overall personal experience memory, I recall some kind of situation in late 2017 in which Coinbase started out in late July 2017, by saying that it was not going to recognize the August 2017 bcash fork, so if its customers wanted to get their bcash forked coins, they needed to withdraw before the anticipated August 1 forkening.  Then later, like around the time that the segwit2x shenanigans failed, Coinbase said that they were going to give the bcash coins to its account holders on January 1, 2018 or soon thereafter due to tax considerations or some other bullshit  blah blah blah.  And, then right around the December 2017 bitcoin peak, maybe it was like December 17 or within some days of that, all of a sudden, Coinbase announced that they were going to give the bcash coins to their account holders in accordance with how many BTC that they had on the Coinbase exchange on august 1 and also to allow for trading of those bcash.  Trading then opened up within a few days or something like that (very short notice), then trading got stuck (supposedly), and the bcash price got stuck on their platform at some stupid ass ridiculous price of $9k+ while bitcoin was trading around $14k-ish and bcash was gravitating upwards on other exchanges from $2k-ish to even $4k-ish or whatever.

I recall personally wanting to get rid of the bcash that I had been then issued in my coinbase account as quickly as I could.. and I set up orders to attempt to achieve sales of my bcash that I had on their exchange at sporadic times that trading was being allowed.

What a bunch of fucking bullshit in terms of Coinbase's behaviors, and surely we can understand that sometimes governmental agencies are quite reluctant to find intentionality or even to be able to feel that they are able to bargain a settlement agreement that gets prosecuted companies to agree that they were intentional in their shenanigans.. Yet many of us who actually watched or had personal experiences in connection with Coinbase's then behaviors can surely recognize that their behavior adds up to intentional shenanigans and manipulation rather than honest behaviors, and many of us would not even have access to some of the information that likely even show more and worse shenanigans and manipulation than we had been able to see, such as likely insider trading that was also going on.. so whatever, I am not going to really get caught up on any of this psychologically, even though I can attempt to appreciate some of the history of the matter.... even though with the passage of time some of the details might get forgotten, too.. by yours truly and others who witnessed the matter from their own situations.

My goodness, apparently wo bros are very enamored with bunny storyboards.
I'd better work on making my childhood fart stories into one...

We (royal we, of course) need proof of work.

You fuck.  #nohomo

It sunk in that Apple made 1/86th of the world's money by selling overpriced crap.
We're a very special species, aren't we? 

For some strange reason, I have been using Apple products for about 30 years and getting quite a bit of pleasure from them, even though I do happen to understand as well, that over the years, some peeps have been repelled by Apple's practice of employing closed source systems over the years.
Agapios

Activity: 135
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:02:08 PM

Can someone point me to articles, sites or people who cover how much of USD united states prints per year/decade. How is that printing discowered? Is that official from United States goverment?
This is very unfair to people around the world who owns USD because no1 country by wealth uses its wealth to to make free money for themself.

Its like i have rare car, only 1 on the world, anyone want to buy it? Sold for 1 mil...now hold...i just recall i have another one...there were twoo...sold...actualy, i found 5 more of them, onyl one on the world...until i sell them
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4136

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:20:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Can someone point me to articles, sites or people who cover how much of USD united states prints per year/decade. How is that printing discowered? Is that official from United States goverment?
This is very unfair to people around the world who owns USD because no1 country by wealth uses its wealth to to make free money for themself.

Its like i have rare car, only 1 on the world, anyone want to buy it? Sold for 1 mil...now hold...i just recall i have another one...there were twoo...sold...actualy, i found 5 more of them, onyl one on the world...until i sell them

Some links:

The Federal Reserve System — Currency and Coin Services / Currency in Circulation
The Federal Reserve System — 2021 Federal Reserve Note Print Order
U.S. Department of the Treasury — Bureau of Engraving and Printing / Annual Production Reports

The last URL is www.moneyfactory.gov <--- Nice name!
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:21:24 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)

-multisnips-

Coinbase Settles With CFTC for $6.5M Over Old Trading Practices

https://coindesk.com/coinbase-settles-with-cftc-for-6-5m-over-old-trading-practices

That is a good and recent link, even though the picture contains a 2019 date, the article is from yesterday (March 19).

Many of us have love hate relations with Coinbase and part of those love hate feelings seem to relate to some of the underlying shenanigans that were the basis of the CFTC investigation that resulted in the $6.5 million settlement.

Surely some of Coinbase's egregiousness was felt by members here. 

If they have their way with the IPO, the company will be valued around 100 billion dollars. 6.5 mil is just peanuts, "cost of doing business". At the hypothetical valuation of 100 billion, it's ~0.0065% of the projected market cap. That's 6.5 dollars each 10k. Pretty cheap, I'd say.

There will be no justice until fines for companies are measured as a fraction of total value or yearly income.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:22:31 PM
Merited by shahzadafzal (1)

Yesterday, a neighbour asked me if I know anything about "cryptocurrencies". A couple of years ago I would jump at the opportunity to explain to him all about it, teach him how to set up a wallet, open a Kraken account, etc. Now, I just replied "I've been reading about it, seems to be a thing. Don't know much more than that though, sorry..."

Can't be bothered anymore. It's the same old story, the more others know about you and what you can do, the more work and trouble will fall on you, because, in the end, it comes down to human nature. Everyone's looking for a free lunch, a pill they can swallow and suddenly solve their lives' problems. Well, I say "fuck you, get on your bike and work for it."

I suppose that how you react in part depends upon how much interaction that you have been having with such neighbor and the extent to which you might be ready, willing and/or able to spend some time with such neighbor to engage in such topic... and perhaps even a history that you have had with such neighbor in terms of other topics.

I have some neighbors that I am more than willing to share information, and other neighbors who just seem to go on some kind of nonsense and irrelevant tangent no matter what the topic, and surely I have learned that spending much if any time with such digressing neighbors is hardly worth any efforts.

Another scenario, surely, is someone with whom we may have already discussed bitcoin, and if they bring up the topic again, we might consider are they just curious for academic sake or has something actually changed in their lives in order for them to be more likely to act rather than just asking about the topic just to find out information about us rather than actually taking any meaningful and/or substantive actions.

Yesterday, a neighbour asked me if I know anything about "cryptocurrencies". A couple of years ago I would jump at the opportunity to explain to him all about it, teach him how to set up a wallet, open a Kraken account, etc. Now, I just replied "I've been reading about it, seems to be a thing. Don't know much more than that though, sorry..."

Can't be bothered anymore. It's the same old story, the more others know about you and what you can do, the more work and trouble will fall on you, because, in the end, it comes down to human nature. Everyone's looking for a free lunch, a pill the can swallow and suddenly solve their lives' problems. Well, I say "fuck you, get on your bike and work for it."

Wow I thought I’m alone in this... trust me I used to sit down with pen and paper to explain this to my seniors and peers. And most of the time it would end like “oh that’s a big bubble”...or “I didn’t get it, prove to me how Bitcoin is worth $6,000”.... “there are only 21 million bitcoins, that’s not how money works”.... and most of the time usually will stop here when they will hear “yes uncle, you need internet all the time”.

I just keep everything to myself or put it here on WO Smiley

Yup, I've definitely stopped tying to explain btc to anyone these days. It's not as if there isn't enough info on the interweb now for anbody with sufficient motivation to go and find out for themselves.

I introduced several friends to bitcoin in 2013. One invested almost immediately and hodled for a few years, cashing out most of their stash near the 2017 top. They made a tidy sum but their stash is now very small and they've largely missed out on this run.  Another friend left it far too late to buy in, and did so near the 2017 top and also bought a load of shitcoins because they "couldn't afford bitcoin".  Roll Eyes They then panic sold everything during the following bear market and made a huge loss. The other day I was disheartened to hear that the same person is now buying shitcoins again. They did at least admit that they should have listened to me properly in 2013.

So I feel like I was half successful with the first friend and completely unsuccessful with the second friend, even though the info I explained to them was identical. So my conclusion was that some people are just not ready for this and I can spend my time in better ways.

As the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."

Unfortunately, some people who know I have bitcoin seem not to care for my opsec and will happily discuss the fact that I hold btc with anyone they feel like. Which is annoying, since I don't go around talking about anyone else's finances. So I am wondering how to address this issue. It didn't seem to matter many years ago that I had told a few of my friends about my btc holdings but now, at these prices, it's something I wish I hadn't done.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I agree that it can be a bit difficult to deal with some of the rumorings that might go on in regards to either your bitcoin involvement or your bitcoin stash, and surely there could be ways to put out some disinformation or just deny that you had ever had much if any kind of stash or that mistakes have been made along the way.. none of which would be false, because likely any of us could make some proclamations regarding various kinds of mistakes that we have made along the way... a quite common one also is that many of us will tend to have fewer bitcoins than we used to have, except of course those who are in a more focused accumulation phase.. which (if you do happen to have more BTC now than you had earlier) still could be characterized as a kind of situation that you wished that you would have bought more at lower prices (which is also not a lie and could be considered a kind of mistake).

Another possible approach is to talk about the stashes of some other persons that you might know (even if you might not name such person specifically), and to maybe suggest that person has done x, y or z in regards to his/her bitcoin stash which had proven to be a) profitable, b) less than ideal c) a dumb move d) purely genius, e) lucky as fuck or f) some other characterization that you would like to give to such "person I know" or "would like to know" situation.

And, when such acquaintance says:  "but I am asking about uie pooie" then you can engage with them more directly and ask them if they would like it that you ask them about their financial situation.  If they say: "oh I would not mind at all, I am an open book."  Then you can tell them that either they are dumb as fuck for failing or refusing to engage in such discretion or that what they have likely amounts to nothing or nearly nothing and that is the reason that they are so willing to share such information, so in that regard, maybe they should figure out some strategies to try to accumulate some wealth so that they might be able to understand why they more wealth that you end up accumulating the less likely you will be (or should be) willing to advertise such wealth that you may or may have not accumulated.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:31:14 PM

You know, I just realized I could buy a thousand dollar bill on Ebay. Son came by and looked over my shoulder:

"Hey Dad, what'cha looking at buying"
"Thousand dollar bill"
"How much does it cost?"
"About $3,000".

"I think you're getting shafted" says my son...

Yeah, he's a little bitcoiner too....

Is that a true story lightfoot?  

Yes. Literally we had the exchange and I realized it was so insane I had to write it down verbatim.

And technically speaking if you spend it the bank *will* credit your account the value (it is still monetized currency) however when they send it in the Fed will note the SN and remove it from circulation. Unless someone at the bank coughs up the cash to replace it (I wonder if that is legal, possibly).

I suppose one could also take a 1oz $20 gold coin from 1910 to the bank and get $20 credited to one's account. Wonder what the Fed would do with that.

P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:37:32 PM

I realized right away that nothing good would come of it: either they would spend the early years laughing at you because they think it's a scam, or spend later years pissed at you that you became rich (on a scam asset in their minds) and won't share the wealth with them.

Those are the only two options? Do you only know shitty people?
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:43:58 PM

Price going down yo!

Every time we get anything close to clear of $59,100.

Hmmmm.

Patience.
We had that before, in February.
Just wait out for the higher magnitude pump that breaks through and lifts the price to around $65k, before we get another little correction.
We're still oh-so-early  Wink

Not very early, but 'midterm', maybe, like AMZN from 2008-2010.

I meant early within the scope of this year.

That's a pretty whimpy reply, OOM.

You really believe that it is going to take much more than a week or two to get up to $65k?

Oh?

I see that you twos seem to be attempting to refer to a kind of estimation of when the top of this particular peak might be?  Or maybe you might be referring to early as in we are going to be having a few peaks before bitcoin might start to level off.

Oh now I am confused.

Not more than i usually am  Cheesy
BUT
nevertheless, i just said we're still early (in whatever "cycle") for high hops in price that frequently. I am not awaiting daily $5k pumps, more like weekly (at best) or twice a month. Later, when the FOMO kicks in like mad, the peaks will move closer together, until that point of no daily correction/dip happening on the way up, regardless how high we might get.
I am not expert enough to time the top or start of bear market in any way.

The fact of the matter does seem to be that even if a lot of normies continue to consider that they are late to bitcoin because it had peaked several times, and it is being bid up by institutions and other kinds of early adopter front runners, normies are still going to likely profit considerably even if they wait for supra $150k, they buy in at $500k or even higher prices.  Sure, none of these matters are really guaranteed, and of course, if normies buy in at the top of a cycle, then they might end up feeling a decent amount of pain for three years or perhaps even longer.. maybe even 3-7 years?  There is no guarantee that our ability to profit in every single damned 4 year period is going to continue, but just imagine if folks like Saylor, Musk, and some of the relatively BIGGER institutional players end up overhyping this particular cycle into the $1million to $3million range, which surely could cause decent chances for a longer bear market - especially because during the hype cycle (referring to our current one) a bunch of folks start to believe the nonsense about a supercycle and the end of bear markets and blah blah blah.. a lot of that other likely to be shown bullshit, then yeah, the resulting bear market could end up dragging out longer than our previously experienced bear markets that had caused no one to ever lose money so long as they at least held for 3.6 years or something like that.

Thoughts in non linear manner, which i basically like the most, are way better than their linear counterparts, which are normal.
You should have an edge with this type of multi-dimensional thinking, since economy is a complex system, where linear thinking usually doesn't work well.
We surely will have some stories to tell about bitcoin in the next years/decades  Grin Cool
Slot Kid

Activity: 72
Merit: 57

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:47:01 PM

Massive pump to 75000 coming before April, you heard it here first. Once we break 60000 comfortably we will move to new highs. 2021 is the shit!
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4136

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:50:08 PM

Massive pump to 75000 coming before April, you heard it here first. Once we break 60000 comfortably we will move to new highs. 2021 is the sheeeeeit!

FTFY.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:50:32 PM

$60,000 still seemingly too tough a nut to crack. It’ll break soon enough but I wonder how long we’ll have to wait.

My lines and science and math are telling me: this weekend.
We may dump a lil under $50k $60k afterwards for a short while, though.

Nah, it's only SOMA, but it really feels like it will happen this way.

9000 all over again, told you.

Yeah.
I remember the time as "the time when my brother in law said that bitcoin will never go over $10k again"  Cheesy Cheesy
To be fair, maybe he was meaning €10k, but whatever. I was thinking somethink like HFSP!, but in a more mercyful way.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:51:42 PM

bit of a fat finger or somthing on bitstamp. I missed seeing it live but chart looks interesting.

It looks like some guy market bought by mistake 150BTC, then realizing his 'mistake' he market sold incurring a loss of appr. $300K.

And that's in essence how the daily trading works  Grin

Looks exactly like that, pretty odd.

Sometimes it can be quite difficult to really know with any kind of certainty, and surely instead of a fat thumb, it could have been a pumpening attempt that failed.., but I agree that the fat thumb explanation does seem to be more likely of a scenario because such a thing does happen from time to time and sometimes is later admitted to or described as a factual scenario surrounding "large" price movements that more frequently happen on less liquid exchanges... but also sometimes happen on more influential and liquid exchanges, too.

when i worked back around 2011 on i told people at work about bitcoin. ......

.... but then again maybe not. bitcoin was too important not to spread the word.

This is a good point, vapourminer.

No matter the circumstances, there is a balancing that is needed to be considered, and in some sense, some of us might feel some kinds of obligations to have had spread the word, whether we are talking about 2011, some later date, or even now, and all of a sudden because we may have become rich as fuck or relatively richer than some of our neighbors because we move above and beyond ramen, we still might have some balancing obligations (surely, personal discretion in terms of how much of any kind of obligation that might be felt) in terms of sharing with others but maybe not getting too caught up into personal details.

I continue to frequently tell people (strangers and even people that I might only know superficially as well as persons that I know in more intimate and ongoing ways) that bitcoin is likely to be serving as one of the greatest wealth transfers that we have ever known or that the world has ever known, and sure you can remain stupid about it or unaware, but in some sense you are lucky that I am even mentioning such a thing to you and going into some details about my having had studied the space.  Sure, you have the right to do whatever the fuck you want in terms of "looking into the matter" or taking some kind of meaningful action or even ignoring whatever I have said to you about the topic.  I am not necessarily going to attempt to teach you anything beyond some informed questions that you might ask, but in a considerable sense you have been put on notice, and it is up to you regarding what to do, if anything.

Surely, my going into the idea of "the greatest wealth transfer in history" is going to vary and is quite likely to come out differently, and maybe at some point I might hone in upon some better formulaic ways of saying such things and to differ the pitch a wee bit depending on my assessment of the receptiveness of my audience.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 07:51:42 PM

Massive pump to 75000 coming before April, you heard it here first. Once we break 60000 comfortably we will move to new highs. 2021 is the shit!

Yes, we heard it here first, but IIRC already some weeks ago  Wink

EDIT: I see support building in the low to mid €49k's. We could break $60k (€50k) comfortably today, but this would be clearly a very optimistic view.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 08:18:56 PM

Breaking 60k this weekend would be a semi-major event, given the temporary cooling off climate. I say: we wait until next week, padawans.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 08:22:54 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

This is our time

Our time to watch the institutional investors stampeding over each other for the last BTC spread across hundreds of exchanges. Microstrategy and Tesla have started this snowball where every fund or corporation is now shaking in their boots, thinking: What if our competitors are buying BTC ? They will start with a conservative 10% treasury allocation and once they'll fully understand blockchain, they will start fomo-ing in larger percentages.

This is what we've been expecting since the early 2010's. We fucking did it!

Good point.. you fucking used-to-be bear troll.  #nohomo

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

when i worked back around 2011 on i told people at work about bitcoin. there were some smart people most with multiple degrees in their fields. also told the tech support guys whom i really thought would understand it. but everyone of them except one pretty much politely blew it off. that one person? one of the billers (the youngest one), who instantly knew there was something interesting there. i gave her a paper wallet with like 5 bucks or something.

[...]

2011... $5 worth of corn... Where is that goddess now? I'd like to sit next to her in her throne!

i gave her some homework (how to find and check the official hashes of downloaded files, check pgp sigs and such) along with the wallet and she was a pretty smart cookie, so hopefully not working there (or anywhere else) any more, and just enjoying the ride.

Whoaza!!!!!!

Just imagining how much MOAR smartie-pants peeps needed to be back in the good ole days that were MOAR oldie than when I got in to BTC, in 2013.

My first purchases and fucking around with bitcoin were on: 1) local bitcoins, 2) blockchain.com wallet, 3) Coinbase, 4) BTC-e, 5) later Circle, 6) and surely there were some others that were added with more and more passage of time and my various increases in my bitcoin exposures, but really I cannot remember too many of my earlier days to have been very technical in nature..

It does seem that I have learned a few "technical" matters along the way, but my technical skill levels still seem to remain, relatively speaking, quite a bit not very technical, even though sometimes I appreciate that learning some more technical aspects in relation to bitcoin would have been helpful in the past, could be helpful now and is likely to continue to be helpful, even though more and more with the passage of time, there are becoming greater and greater abilities to interact with bitcoin, gain exposure and even hold your own keys without having very many technical skills (however those "technical skills" are defined).

This is our time

Our time to watch the institutional investors stampeding over each other for the last BTC spread across hundreds of exchanges. Microstrategy and Tesla have started this snowball where every fund or corporation is now shaking in their boots, thinking: What if our competitors are buying BTC ? They will start with a conservative 10% treasury allocation and once they'll fully understand blockchain, they will start fomo-ing in larger percentages.

no not yet but close.

once we crest over 100k and simply stay there with sideways and slowing upwards trends we will be there.

Even if I give your mother a rough time, it seems to me that he is largely correct with an assessment that "we have already made it."

Yeah, there are ways to continue to proclaim that some additional mile markers need to be reached and/or surpassed.. but even though nothing is guaranteed, especially in bitcoinlandia, there is a certain kind of sense that the odds of x, y or z... are really high in favor of richie status.. .... so whatever, even though I hate really suggesting that some of these matters are "inevitable" but golly gee whiz, not very easy to find better places to put some money.. and not even suggesting to increase allocations.. because even small stakes in bitcoin is likely to end up being quite rewarding and surely more meaningful stakes might be the more prudent way forward, even with folks who are having trouble getting or maintaining a "pot to piss in" (meaning that theys don't gots much).

The 2001 to 2008 DowJones was all bull a 7 year run.  I have zero idea how long this bull run will be but maybe just maybe we can see a real long run here 2+ years so sideways and slowly upwards would mean a maturing of the market.

Have you ever heard of dee 1) stock-to-flow model or the four-year fractal?  Why the fuck reinvent the wheel when we already have some pretty decent ideas of timelines, and yeah, I am not even saying that we might not burst a bit outside of those models, but golly-gee-whiz, until we get some kind of better model, it seems that we should not be making up some new shit when we already have some decent timeline frameworks for what might happen and when it might happen.... Yeah, we have the exponential s-curve adoption based on metcalfe principles and networking effects too, but that 3rd model does not really need to be emphasized in this context because the stock to flow and the 4-year fractal already give ideas of timing that are not even contrary to the exponential s-curve adoption aspect.

I can still see 7-11 trillion as the longterm goal as BTC becomes the new gold.

Haven't many of us already logically and evidentiarily established that it is quite likely that BTC is way the fuck more valuable than gold - so who the fuck cares about gold's market cap beyond the fact that it is a place that bitcoin is going and then going to surpass.. .so it is just a kind of stop or a passing through place along the way.. nothing to really target as a meaningful stopping point, even though it is quite possible that bitcoin might consolidate there or find resistance there or find support there or whatever...  

And space mined gold is simply a far more common useful metal.

Not sure about what this here last point has to do anything with the price of tea in China?   Tongue

This is our time

no not yet but close.

once we crest over 100k and simply stay there with sideways and slowing upwards trends we will be there.

The 2001 to 2008 DowJones was all bull a 7 year run.  I have zero idea how long this bull run will be but maybe just maybe we can see a real long run here 2+ years so sideways and slowly upwards would mean a maturing of the market.

I can still see 7-11 trillion as the longterm goal as BTC becomes the new gold.

And space mined gold is simply a far more common useful metal.

"no not yet but close.

once we crest over 100k and simply stay there"

You make little sense. I'm talking about fundamentals and the institutional stampede that is happening right now and you're countering me with some magical number that "you" think will bring maturity to the market. Huh ? Huh The market cap relative to other markets and commodities is what counts, not some rounded price that you think it's sounding good

How did you become so smartie-pants, your mother?

I can remember the days when you used to say a lot of stupid shit, and now, all of a sudden, you are making senses.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 08:26:10 PM

‘When will you sell’

I really think this is because of social media, I know that people have always been a little bit of a gossip and they love to find out whatever they can about everyone, and we know this is true because people have love to find whatever they can about their favorite stars since forever and they could read about that for eternity if time permitted it, however with the advent of social media that behavior that in the past was reserved for stars now applies to everyone.

I don't know if you guys are still dating but that is precisely one of the things that bothers me, people ask you financial information as if it is nothing on the first five minutes of the interaction and then they get offended when you don't answer or evade the question, they do not realize that if you never see each other again you have given this person very valuable information about how much you earn, how much money you have in your bank account and similar stuff, I do not want strangers with that information on their head because you do not know who they can share that information with and that's dangerous, social media has created a world which went from "share whatever you wanted to share with the world" to "you have to share everything and if you don't you're suspicious".
Pages: « 1 ... 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 28305 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 28314 28315 28316 28317 28318 28319 28320 28321 28322 28323 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 28330 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 [28338] 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 28350 28351 28352 28353 28354 28355 28356 28357 28358 28359 28360 28361 28362 28363 28364 28365 28366 28367 28368 28369 28370 28371 28372 28373 28374 28375 28376 28377 28378 28379 28380 28381 28382 28383 28384 28385 28386 28387 28388 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: