May 01, 2024, 05:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28397 28398 28399 28400 28401 28402 28403 28404 28405 28406 28407 28408 28409 28410 28411 28412 28413 28414 28415 28416 28417 28418 28419 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 [28447] 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 ... 33310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370075 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 01:01:39 AM

Never mind the weekend, boys. Let the kids have the playground until daddy comes back from the bank on Monday. Let's see if they keep putting corns on sale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2021, 01:30:08 AM

There was not 10 years available to test the new mRNA vaccine, however 100s millions have taken the risk with a new technology and been vaccinated, with few side effects other than not one single vaccinated person has died from Covid.

If you think nobody has died from the vaccine or COVID after the vaccine you're really going to be shocked by the VAERS data (over 2300 deaths so far, while this Harvard study estimates only about 1% of people report to VAERS).

Or the nunnery where all 35 sisters were never in contact with anyone, they got the vaccine then 2 days later they had a COVID outbreak that killed 2 of the sisters with 28 of them testing positive.
Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 02:18:51 AM

......I had gone for about 5 years w out missing reading a single page of comments....

Yeah right.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You have barely been registered here for 2.5 years and your participation has largely been sporadic and shit-stirring... but of course, whatever, you do like to exaggerate a weeeee bit.  AmiNOTrite?

We could maybe speculate that your nym's tendency to exaggerate is a feature rather than a bug, no?

Im a stupid text wall bot and like to pretend I dont know all about Slayer being on this forum since 2015 when his original account was banned from posting bc he doxxed the Financial Times blogger Izabella Kaminska and finished her days of trolling. Good riddens to her and thanks so much Slayer!

No problem GayJuanGee, it was the least I could do to slay and get rid of the second biggest troll on this forum after you.  Cheesy

And yes my first account was from 2015 and I kept up with every page till summer of 2020 when I didnt have the spare time. I def dont miss scrolling past and largely skipping your walls of redundant gibberesh though.
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2021, 02:26:34 AM
Merited by julian071 (1)

Hm, I bought a 2008 Toyota Tacoma today, to replace my 1993 Toyota. Thank you, BTC. Living large...
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 02:41:28 AM

people can do what they want but im with the science on this one. ive got comorbidities so ill let the deniers take the chance of long term organ system damage from catching covid.
I see it as a double-edged sword, but one of them is a choice while the other is just a possibility.

I am still waiting until the vaccine is studied more. I think it's fair to say that some of us are here, on BTCTalk, specifically because they don't like having to trust. I'm one of those guys.

At this point, I have a few friends who've received either their first dose or both. While some of them have had a few days of fever and other mild side effects, one thing I know for sure is that they all did need at least a few days free from their work due to how bad the side effects were. I have a few of them who've had quite bad ones though - they were never against the virus/vaccine, yet they said very loud and clear that "they thought they wouldn't be able to go through the side effects and it was just the first dose, so I shouldn't be surprised if they won't be able to go through the second anymore".

On the other hand, one of them was infected with the virus after taking the shot.

Something I don't know is what the longer term side effects are. Right now, we're comparing the chances of having bad adverse effects + the possibility of still being infected with the virus vs not taking the vaccine, which still has the possibility of being infected. But the difference is that the vaccine is a choice, and you're choosing to possibly have adverse effects through a substance that possibly protects you from the virus. Makes sense?

As you said, the virus is mutant. It means that even if I take it and everyone else in .. say Europe does, there will still be someone in India who might get another variant and it's going to still spread across the globe. The fear that, once vaxxed, you are going to receive a new variant from someone non-vaxxed does not make much sense in my opinion specifically due to the fact that this is quite uncontrollable and invisible.

At this point, the only thing I really wish is that the vaccine does not become mandatory because while you fear the long-term virus effects, I fear the long-term effects the vaccine plus the virus might have on my body. I don't trust those corps making vaccines, at least some of them. Especially J&J, which is known for their quite ugly lawsuit.

Right now, it's a complicated scenario where everything is pretty uncertain. We don't know what kind of other variants of the virus will appear, we don't know what the long-term effects are post-infection but we don't know those of the vaccine either.. it's all just an uncertainty and I think the worst thing I can do right now is take rushed choices..

My wife got her second shot (Pfizer) a couple days ago.  She has not taken any time off work.  Her arm is a bit sore but otherwise she is fine. 

I will get my first shot soon.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:09:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I don't like chartbuddy, I just find it irritating.

But make a poll and we will see, if it comes out positive, then make another one after a month and see if people still like it.
I think a lot of new people in here have no idea what it is and how annoying it was.

.... typical fucking old norwegian curmudgeon troll... How many times a day do you yell "get off my lawn"? Grin

bring back chartbuddy richy, caveat being you don't use it as leverage to insert irritating "flat tyres" conversations into the thread
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:12:49 AM

Me? I'll be dead before all that Armageddon stuff happens, so I really DGAF...

The schedule's been updated. You might be in for a surprise.

Lol, what good luck, what bad luck, the last 3 decades of sir-azimuth's life is coinciding with a 1 in 2000 apocalypse/armageddon before the alien-arrival, messiah-returns, galactic-federation peace Epoch begins.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7821

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2021, 03:25:22 AM

Personally I had 4 people I know die of this shit. I would say five, but B blew his brains out when he was sick enough that he needed to go to the hospital. So I guess that was a suicide. So far I seem to have no other effects from shot 1 other than feeling sleepy that afternoon and kind of punky the next day with arm hurting when I pressed on it till day 3.

i personally know one person who died of covid from my church. they had a family gathering. basically the whole family caught covid but just one died.

next week is my 2nd pfizer shot. 1st shot side effects were sore arm, mild headache and fatigue. cleared in a couple days.

people can do what they want but im with the science on this one. ive got comorbidities so ill let the deniers take the chance of long term damage from getting it.

couple of my friends will not get the shot. ive not tried to talk them into it aside from correcting some misinformation (like its a live virus thats injected etc). their choice. once im immunized we can hang out so it works out i guess. except for the part the virus now has willing hosts it can practice mutating in to become even better killers instead of dying.

I am 64 I get my first shot on Tues the 13th like you it is Pfizer.

Of 75-80 relatives going to holiday parties from Nov 2019 to New Years 2019 8 or 9 of us got it.

3 Went to hospital my wife included.
All survived.
But here we are 1 year and 4 months later with both me and my wife suffering from damage from having it.
Since you can get it  a second time and we had it early We do not want a variant. So we are getting the shots.

We found out my wife had a hidden issue which is why the disease was so hard on her.
She is finally having her lungs heal after more than 1 year of treatment.
I have type 2 diabetes which I can control with keto diet. I am a bit overweight 6 ft 195 lbs.

So frankly we are not taking chances.

Now we BTC taking off and me being well positioned to mine it for the next few years. We could do really well $$ or BTC BTC wise. So I want to be able to travel and have a bit of fun.

So Pfizer it is.

Yes, good choice, imho.
It is not clear how long the "natural" protection lasts.
I had 2 Pfizer shots already-first one arm was sore for a couple of days, but mostly if I pressed on it, second-the same, but even milder.
The side effects were so small that I am not even sure that a correct dose was administered (especially second time), so will check for antibodies soon.
6ft? How you even fit on a ship? I thought that navy always looks for smaller people to ease the personnel in. 6ft and above is a marine corps type situation.
I am close in height and weight, a bit younger, not by much...wicked.

I was skinny 6 foot 165 pounds and wirey flexible but that was a long time ago 1978-1983
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:27:03 AM

I see we've broken 60k again. Let's make it stick this time

I'm hoping my little offering to Karhu gives us the momentum to finally break through solidly to $61k (fingers crossed)

Likely going to bed with blueballs tonight, tho...

EDIT: Fully executed. Have 100% of the liquidity I need to build out Phase I entirely. The tax payment this quarter is going to be fucking obscene.

Congrats dude, truly Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10193

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 04:06:13 AM

[edited out]

No problem GayJuanGee, it was the least I could do to slay and get rid of the second biggest troll on this forum after you.  Cheesy

Even if your little fantasy of "getting rid" of a member were to be true, you're not implying any ability to get rid of me, are you?  you fly-by-night but wanna-be treated like a regular...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And yes my first account was from 2015 and I kept up with every page till summer of 2020 when I didnt have the spare time.

Even if true.. who fucking cares, besides you?

I def dont miss scrolling past and largely skipping your walls of redundant gibberesh though.

No problem.  I would not expect you to understand anything that might cause you to have to concentrate for more than 10 seconds, anyhow.  So, no problema. 
do you what you can.   Wink
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2114

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 04:35:39 AM

bring back chartbuddy richy, caveat being you don't use it as leverage to insert irritating "flat tyres" conversations into the thread

Haha. Well, I'll certainly be removing the "block free capacity" indicators as redundant.

Well, bedtime soon. Am I gonna be rich or poor when I wake up?
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 05:45:27 AM

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/321647-300-nvidia-mining-gpus-seized-after-high-speed-boat-chase

" Hong Kong customs officials are chasing smugglers in speed boats to crack down on illicit GPU sales."

savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 06:16:47 AM

WO Thread now..

-You called top..
-You sold!!
-Nah.. you sold first!!

Why? I'm not aware of anyone here on WO who has actually sold recently. Perhaps that savetherainsforest guy if it actually happened. Because if you don't have BTC you can't sell BTC...  Grin

Oh gawd... going back to these posts... Seeing how I was f^cking with you guys! <3 ... lovely! ... (PS. Btw... I always buy back... ROFL! ) Cheesy Cheesy

*edit(): Yesterday I was like... Oh look... 61.200 !!! ... LETS SELL! Cheesy Cheesy

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 06:36:33 AM
Merited by heslo (1)

people can do what they want but im with the science on this one. ive got comorbidities so ill let the deniers take the chance of long term organ system damage from catching covid.
I see it as a double-edged sword, but one of them is a choice while the other is just a possibility.

I am still waiting until the vaccine is studied more. I think it's fair to say that some of us are here, on BTCTalk, specifically because they don't like having to trust. I'm one of those guys.

At this point, I have a few friends who've received either their first dose or both. While some of them have had a few days of fever and other mild side effects, one thing I know for sure is that they all did need at least a few days free from their work due to how bad the side effects were. I have a few of them who've had quite bad ones though - they were never against the virus/vaccine, yet they said very loud and clear that "they thought they wouldn't be able to go through the side effects and it was just the first dose, so I shouldn't be surprised if they won't be able to go through the second anymore".

On the other hand, one of them was infected with the virus after taking the shot.

Something I don't know is what the longer term side effects are. Right now, we're comparing the chances of having bad adverse effects + the possibility of still being infected with the virus vs not taking the vaccine, which still has the possibility of being infected. But the difference is that the vaccine is a choice, and you're choosing to possibly have adverse effects through a substance that possibly protects you from the virus. Makes sense?

As you said, the virus is mutant. It means that even if I take it and everyone else in .. say Europe does, there will still be someone in India who might get another variant and it's going to still spread across the globe. The fear that, once vaxxed, you are going to receive a new variant from someone non-vaxxed does not make much sense in my opinion specifically due to the fact that this is quite uncontrollable and invisible.

At this point, the only thing I really wish is that the vaccine does not become mandatory because while you fear the long-term virus effects, I fear the long-term effects the vaccine plus the virus might have on my body. I don't trust those corps making vaccines, at least some of them. Especially J&J, which is known for their quite ugly lawsuit.

Right now, it's a complicated scenario where everything is pretty uncertain. We don't know what kind of other variants of the virus will appear, we don't know what the long-term effects are post-infection but we don't know those of the vaccine either.. it's all just an uncertainty and I think the worst thing I can do right now is take rushed choices..

My wife got her second shot (Pfizer) a couple days ago.  She has not taken any time off work.  Her arm is a bit sore but otherwise she is fine. 

I’ve had my first dose - AZ - no side effects at all.
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 07:01:48 AM

Can you answer phone calls with your new 5G chip? Cheesy
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 07:16:39 AM

Can you answer phone calls with your new 5G chip? Cheesy

No, it’s rubbish ... all it does is set off car alarms ... Wink
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2021, 08:14:54 AM

Good morning WO!
Observing @ $59,760

I know I am early today 😂
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 08:29:15 AM

For anyone on the fence or curious regarding the gene therapy injections, this article may be helpful.  https://www.deconstructingconventional.com/post/18-reason-i-won-t-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 08:45:02 AM

Good morning WO... check this amazing BTC scam...

I was going to post it here on WO .. but post was getting too long... so created a separate topic.

have a look guys...  I'm 100% sure it's a scam but as of now I got free 0.00010992 BTC ~ $6.5.... tomorrow when BTC will be 1 million dollars, it will be $109.92

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5329841.msg56757063#msg56757063
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2711

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2021, 08:47:40 AM
Merited by heslo (1)

For anyone on the fence or curious regarding the gene therapy injections, this article may be helpful.  https://www.deconstructingconventional.com/post/18-reason-i-won-t-be-getting-a-covid-vaccine

#10: PEOPLE ARE CATCHING COVID AFTER BEING FULLY VACCINATED
You are vaccinated does not mean that you are immune 100%. No vaccine can immune you 100%. A vaccine just stimulate the production of antibodies for the particular diseases or group of diseases. It's said that once you have chickenpox then you will not have it any more but there are people who had it more than once, the danger is lesser after your body had antibody.

With corona vaccine no matter which company is producing it as long as they are tested and approved one should be taking it. You may get the virus and feel sick even after taking the vaccine but the risk of losing your life become very low if you take the vaccine.
Pages: « 1 ... 28397 28398 28399 28400 28401 28402 28403 28404 28405 28406 28407 28408 28409 28410 28411 28412 28413 28414 28415 28416 28417 28418 28419 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 28425 28426 28427 28428 28429 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 [28447] 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 ... 33310 »
  Print  

Jump to: