May 09, 2024, 11:50:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 [28480] 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 ... 33337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381019 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:36:10 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Sorry dear people for the Late reply i was wage slaving, i really do appreciate the Advices given to quit Cigarettes ! Now its only up to me... Thanks guys Smiley

Well, if you were to buy some bitcoin, rather than remaining a disgruntled nocoiner, then you might be inspired to quit smoking because you are inspired to live longer to enjoy your improved life - thanks to bitcoin.

If you remain a nocoiner, then you might not fare as well including remaining disincentivized to quit the bad habits that are likely killing you more quickly than necessary (presuming that you have some value to add to the world, besides whining about NOT having any coins.. MTGOX... blah blah blah).

Time for DCA therapy, i guess.
Dr. Gee, i think this guy should substitute his (bad) health for (good) wealth, don't you agree?

Wink

Hahahahahaha....

He (eXPHorizon) needs to be woodshedded.  Taken to the woodshed and lurned until he actually "gets it", if that is possible?

No time like the present to get started into bitcoin, even if he has been failing/refusing to act (buy) since 2014...

That's a long time to NOT be buying bitcoin, so if anyone, including uie-pooie eXPHorizon, have no coins, the best time to start getting coins would have been yesterday, but the second best time to start getting coins is going to have to be today.  

You will thank us later, even if it takes 10 years or more to get you into a decent place - psychologically and financially...  You are not the ONLY one.  We have some forum members (and even active WO thread participants who have been in this thing for as long as me (7 years plus) who are still working to get to a comfortable place psychologically and financially and just keep plugging away with accumulation of BTC should be helpful, even if some "mistakes have been made" along the way.

Ps: and don't get distracted by shitcoins or listen to Dabs.. unless Dabs snaps out of his shitcoin positive spinnenings (which does not seem likely soon) because trying to weigh positive aspects of shitcoins is just going to get you reckt (sooner or later) rather than putting you in a good place with long term foundations (options).
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:40:34 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Sorry dear people for the Late reply i was wage slaving, i really do appreciate the Advices given to quit Cigarettes ! Now its only up to me... Thanks guys Smiley

Well, if you were to buy some bitcoin, rather than remaining a disgruntled nocoiner, then you might be inspired to quit smoking because you are inspired to live longer to enjoy your improved life - thanks to bitcoin.

If you remain a nocoiner, then you might not fare as well including remaining disincentivized to quit the bad habits that are likely killing you more quickly than necessary (presuming that you have some value to add to the world, besides whining about NOT having any coins.. MTGOX... blah blah blah).

Time for DCA therapy, i guess.
Dr. Gee, i think this guy should substitute his (bad) health for (good) wealth, don't you agree?

Wink

Amazing line, "substitute his (bad) health for (good) wealth"

Hehe, thanks.
I added (bad) later, because "substitute health for wealth" could have been mistaken easily. Then i felt like something was missing. Seconds later,  (good) was introduced.
Amazing, inspiring community, btw.  Cool
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:44:03 PM

just some cool shroom pics, they have an asthetic to them that is alluring ... strictly for safe ID purposes
extremely potent azurescens "azies"

potent cyanescens "wavy caps"
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:51:50 PM

I recognize these (grey-blueish when fully dry).
I agree on the potency, too.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12083

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:08:27 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4178

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:09:46 PM

I wish MMs could be transferred OTA like Bitcoin. I'm sure you guys would send me some.

MMcoin — true hash-powered crypto.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:19:24 PM

I wish MMs could be transferred OTA like Bitcoin. I'm sure you guys would send me some.

The letters of the seed will have to be called "spores" then  Cheesy
I wouldn't even know where to get some these days.

EDIT: Time to take a #hodlnap. Totally forgot it's friday, so still one day of school for the kids ahead this week...

strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:23:02 PM

Ah, I would if I could AlcoHoDL! Maybe one day....

Instead, for now, I can highly recommend a viewing of Paul Stamet's "Fantastic Fungi"  
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/fantasticfungi (other streaming channels are available).

Also, the book "Entangled Life" by the best and most appropriately named author of all time - Merlin Sheldrake!
https://www.amazon.com/Entangled-Life-Worlds-Change-Futures/dp/0525510311/

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8034

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:27:49 PM

vaping can both make it easier and harder to quit cigs. easier because, unlike a cig, it wont stay lit till its done (cigs add chemicals to keep it burning, contrast that with a cigar with no chemicals.. it goes out when you leave it). so, light a cig and you pretty much are forced to smoke the whole thing as its gonna burn down to the filter anyway. plus it coats everything with that nice orange gunk.. (smokers just look at your computer innards and fans.. eeeew man mine were soooo disgusting).

vaping. press the button, inhale or once or twice, put it back in your pocket nice and neat, done. and those subzero mods can put out clouds of vapour of sizes that you have to see to believe. and no ash, no ashtrays that stink, no orange coating in the rooms etc. of course theres maintenance - cleaning, replacing seals, coils etc. but thats was actually an attraction to me.. kinda calming doing coils maintenance and whatnot.

[...]

I'm against smoking in general, but the way you describe vaping makes me want to try it. I see colleagues and friends with these vaping machines that look so high-tech, like some kind of weapon that came out of an alien ship or something. OLED displays, coil resistances, wattage, energy reserves.  Cheesy

I wouldn't touch these with a stick. There are findings that the liquids based on oils containing vitamin-E harm the lung tissue.
Oil based vapor is that thick, white foggy very opaque vapor. In comparison, vaped herbs produce very light, transparent vapor just like when you heat up water on a stove.

I use a mobile vaporizer, very rarely, but it's manually heated with a pocket lighter. A bi-metal cap making a click sound when the right temperature is reached and then the taste/efficiency depends on how strong you draw. Looks like sucking on a crack pipe a little  Cheesy
You can vape tobacco too, but you have to manually clean it quite often.
At home i use the "volcano" table-top vaporizer. It's the best you can get, it's running almost daily for over 15 years now, just had to replace a broken switch two years ago. The best thing is, you can make hash-dope from the debris. Black, oily stuff which knocks you off your socks and also brown, dry hash with a lot of herb fiber.
I also make chocolate with the remaining herb, after vaping it twice, still has plenty of potency.
This way it also becomes three times cheaper to vape mary j.

Enuff with the offtopic now. Y'all know i'm a weed connoisseur, already  Grin

Yupp

A friend of mine from my old job started vaping instead of smoking. He got a cough so severe he had to pull over if he was driving because he was on the verge of blacking out (he's a lorry driver).
When he switched back to cigarettes the cough disappeared.

The cough was his lungs trying to heal themselves.  He blew it.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12083

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:52:54 PM
Merited by Parazyd (1)

free photo to use on website

Outofmemory,
Mufasa doing the dance,
Yeah true it’s Friyay.

HODLsleep.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 11:47:57 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2021, 12:24:59 AM by vapourminer

First you start to smoke to be cool.
Then you recognize smoking isn't really cool.
Then you actually quit.
Then you finally ARE cool.

So put that way, smoking makes you kinda cool, but first you have to quit it Cool

isnt that kinda like being one of those artists who become cool and famous only after theyre dead?

much rather be uncool and wish id never started.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 11:53:00 PM

Cheapest transaction fee now is at least $5 USD. According to many estimators, it's 100 sats per vbyte.

And adding an input to a transaction adds approximately 180 bytes. So 18000 Satoshi fee to add in to a transaction.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 12:09:41 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

If you are bringing up positive facts/logic and failing and refusing to denigrate altcoins (aka shitcoins) at every other sentence, then you are putting a spin on shitcoins that they do not deserve, even if you believe that you are being neutral .. whatever that means..

Ok, fair enough. Eth sucks. And I did not invest in it or buy any more than token (less than 1%) amounts. I don't know how plain numbers stated as facts imply something is positive or negative unless positive means up, and negative means down or below zero. The fact that anyone could have gotten 2k ETH for 1 BTC remains as ... I don't know how else to say it, but it is what it is. Remember again, I did not get any back then. I'm not getting any more now. I did not get any in between except as mentioned earlier token amounts (and by token, I mean it in the sense that it's small enough to ignore, maybe you could say cup of coffee amounts?)

And if that cup of coffee thinking is what got me into trouble in the first place, I may know what is being implied as I have heard it called the "Latte Factor", and I honestly don't think that was my problem.

Without getting into details, I made mistakes unrelated to BTC or shitcoins.

I got paid in BTC and in shitcoins for doing what I did on these forums as escrow, like someone buying hardware or miners or holding funds. I never bought any of those with my own money. You could say it was earned, and maybe the equivalent of buying them with my time. Maybe, maybe, maybe I could have spent more of my time just accumulating corn then? Maybe. If that is what you are getting at, then yes, maybe that contributed to my issues.

I have some shitcoins, and I probably have had some shitcoins since the beginning of my Bitcoin journey in late 2013.

If those shitcoins were "airdropped" to you by forking, I don't consider it something you acquired even if you knew there was going to be a fork and bought some BTC in anticipation of getting the forked shitcoins after.

So, you believe that there is some value to "diversify" into shitcoins beyond token amounts?

No I do not. I'm an admitted BTC maxi, but watch the shitcoins because they do interesting stuff, without further investing into them whatever I have gotten out of them through my other dealings on this forum and other places.

Maybe my memory is failing me because I thought that you admitted to getting reckt pretty badly from shitcoins, and then I recall that you had some ongoing dabbling into shitcoins even after saying that you had gotten reckt.... In any event, I don't feel like looking it up, if it is look upable.

I may have implied something to that effect or I may have attributed my getting reckt to shitcoins, but now I am more aware it is through other issues beyond intentionally dabbling into shitcoins. From 2012 to 2019 I was unemployed and living on BTC and whatever shitcoins I would receive, frequently cashing them out to pay for food. My biggest mistake was believing I could continue doing that and remain unemployed.

I finally got a job and realized it's a good idea to having some sort of stable fiat income for the time being as I rebuild my stash of BTC as well as doing all other things normal fiat people do in preparation for a better future.

I learned about traditional markets too. It's odd because I got into bitcoin with no background and now it seems I know more about traditional investments than plenty of nocoiners after reading plenty of stuff about them. I learned more about keynesian and austrian economics than I ever did in all my years in school. I learned about sound money. I learned that BTC is .. well we mostly know what BTC is.

And, there were some institutions dabbling in shitcoins, so they might have different agendas than me.

It would seem at this point that everyone knows what happened with GME. No need to say more eh... That's probably the agenda of these large institutions getting into shitcoins, or something along those lines.

I am not sure if Maxi is a proper label, but if you are wanting to use the term maxi in a denigrating way.

I use the term on myself as well. It is like using the word "geek" or "nerd" to describe who I am to other people. It's not negative to me and should not be negative to others. However, the origin of the word itself comes from a shitcoiner who wanted to denigrate us bitcoiners. To his credit, he contributed to Bitcoin Magazine a long time ago. My guess is he got emotional about his shitcoin ... we all know he isn't "normal".

I still think he's a genius.. Maybe a misguided one. Strongly opinionated. And if quantifying his current wealth from his creation, worth half a billion dollars, we can't really say anything other than, shitcoins are still shitcoins.

Yes.. have fun staying poor with that kind of thinking.

I kept saying I have not put anything more into them shitcoins than what I got for my saliva or time. But agree, time is money, it should be in money not in shitcoins.

the proof of work in bitcoin and the way that it is iterated is a BIG fucking deal including the almost perfect incentives that are provided in a variety of ways.

Everything about bitcoin is a big deal and the way all of them combine together. All the individual parts are big deals. And the combined total of all of them are greater than the sum of the parts. I was just mentioning that tidbit about hashcash.

I cannot disagree with you here.  Sure it is one thing to make determinations for yourself, but the ability that you might be able to make general or specific recommendations to someone else, then that may depend upon how much time that you are able to spend with them in terms of explaining intricacies or any matter.  Even recommending bitcoin can have quite a few complications, even if you might direct some location for someone to get started.. if that is Swanbitcoin or somewhere else.

My recommendations are general, but to certain specific people I get into detail telling them what exchange to use in their particular situation, and mostly to get only bitcoin. That's about it. Buy, HODL, DCA ... don't touch it for 10 years. Simple.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 12:43:49 AM

I should probably grow some in my basement. Might make up for all my tools which have corroded because of the damp down there.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 12:46:20 AM

1 Million Dodge is equal to 1 Million Dodge... WTF made me say that statement?? Tongue Cheesy Cheesy  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 12:47:55 AM

Like i could do the fucking math and figure out the dollar amount but at that point I rather just pay the fucking TX fee.

I usually just go to https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ , find the lowest amount that'll get the coins there in the timeframe I want and throw that in there. As long as things aren't too volatile, it's usually accurate enough.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 12:49:10 AM

go doggie go...lol
if i was an nft artist, doggie carrying a sled with smiling daddy bitcoin would be a good one.
...and it shows why selling at each penny advance is not a very prudent strategy, sorry @philipma1957.
Of course, packing a stack of cash as a result may show that you were more right than not, but your partner is packing serious dough now.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 12:52:32 AM

And adding an input to a transaction adds approximately 180 bytes. So 18000 Satoshi fee to add in to a transaction.

It's actually trending downward since the peak about 2 months ago.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 12:54:37 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Like i could do the fucking math and figure out the dollar amount but at that point I rather just pay the fucking TX fee.

I usually just go to https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ , find the lowest amount that'll get the coins there in the timeframe I want and throw that in there. As long as things aren't too volatile, it's usually accurate enough.

I used to look at that, but it's been "stuck" at the wrong amounts for awhile now. It tends to be much higher than it needs to be.

These are the "better" ones to use now:

https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#BTC%20(default%20mempool),2h,weight
https://mempool.observer/
https://bitcoinfees.net/

The first one is the most "accurate" for me, you can clearly see how many transactions are at what level, and if you want a next block time, you simply look at the value closest to 1 vMB. It actually does not show the exact number, but you can guess.

Same with the second one. It shows 3 lines right now for 1 vMB, 2 vMB, and 3 vMB. Adjust your fee according to time preference vs cost.

The third one, I just use to double check against the other two.

I keep all 3 sites open, but be sure to refresh them right before you compose your transaction so you get the latest updates. They tend to become stale and not update after a few hours.

BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2494

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 01:02:02 AM

At this rate that dirty dog is going to overtake Polkadot and have XRP in its sights.

I guess it looks cheap to people.
Pages: « 1 ... 28430 28431 28432 28433 28434 28435 28436 28437 28438 28439 28440 28441 28442 28443 28444 28445 28446 28447 28448 28449 28450 28451 28452 28453 28454 28455 28456 28457 28458 28459 28460 28461 28462 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 [28480] 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 ... 33337 »
  Print  

Jump to: