April 19, 2024, 07:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29063 29064 29065 29066 29067 29068 29069 29070 29071 29072 29073 29074 29075 29076 29077 29078 29079 29080 29081 29082 29083 29084 29085 29086 29087 29088 29089 29090 29091 29092 29093 29094 29095 29096 29097 29098 29099 29100 29101 29102 29103 29104 29105 29106 29107 29108 29109 29110 29111 29112 [29113] 29114 29115 29116 29117 29118 29119 29120 29121 29122 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 29128 29129 29130 29131 29132 29133 29134 29135 29136 29137 29138 29139 29140 29141 29142 29143 29144 29145 29146 29147 29148 29149 29150 29151 29152 29153 29154 29155 29156 29157 29158 29159 29160 29161 29162 29163 ... 33278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364077 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 01:01:27 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 02:01:26 AM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 02:41:49 AM

Zoom has agreed to pay $85 million to settle claims that it lied about offering end-to-end encryption and gave user data to Facebook and Google without the consent of users.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/08/zoom-to-pay-85m-for-lying-about-encryption-and-sending-data-to-facebook-and-google/

Slap on the wrist, perfect example of the sheeple being the product.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 02:43:51 AM

Sometimes there could be a BIG ass spike down that many people believe that the draconian legislation in the USA  is actually going to keep bad boy bitcoin down..

It's also not necessarily what people think the legislation will do to bitcoin but what people think that other people think the legislation is going to do to the price. These second-order effects are a big part of why I hold and not trade. Long-term, you can have some idea of the value of the technology, short-term your trying to guess the psychology of a bunch of loons.

And psychology is ONLY one likely small aspect of trying to figure out BTC price.. especially when considering the importance of longer term dynamics..

Accordingly, the actual legitimate bitcoin price models do not really give a lot of weight to psychology, and those currently valid price models seemed to be pretty damned accurate in terms of longer term ideas about where dee BTC price is likely to be going... so in other words, careful with putting very much weight into psychology as an investment indicator, boyz and girlz because hard to tell whatever is going on with short term phoney baloney that can flippening in a matter of no time like a flash before ur lil eyes...   

You heard it here first.    Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 02:52:53 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Zoom has agreed to pay $85 million to settle claims that it lied about offering end-to-end encryption and gave user data to Facebook and Google without the consent of users.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/08/zoom-to-pay-85m-for-lying-about-encryption-and-sending-data-to-facebook-and-google/

... it's actually worse than merely just "being the product", the biggest customers for Facebook and Google's troves of personal data are government agencies

... this is a facistic end run around personal liberty and privacy by surveillance state out-sourcing to corporations, who they then light-touch regulate with aforementioned 'slaps on the wrist' so they can spy on their citizens, for a fee to the techno overlords ... no bigger pieces of shit have walked the earth than Zuckerberg, Brin and Sage
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 02:56:51 AM

Sometimes there could be a BIG ass spike down that many people believe that the draconian legislation in the USA  is actually going to keep bad boy bitcoin down..

It's also not necessarily what people think the legislation will do to bitcoin but what people think that other people think the legislation is going to do to the price. These second-order effects are a big part of why I hold and not trade. Long-term, you can have some idea of the value of the technology, short-term your trying to guess the psychology of a bunch of loons.

And psychology is ONLY one likely small aspect of trying to figure out BTC price.. especially when considering the importance of longer term dynamics..

Accordingly, the actual legitimate bitcoin price models do not really give a lot of weight to psychology, and those currently valid price models seemed to be pretty damned accurate in terms of longer term ideas about where dee BTC price is likely to be going... so in other words, careful with putting very much weight into psychology as an investment indicator, boyz and girlz because hard to tell whatever is going on with short term phoney baloney that can flippening in a matter of no time like a flash before ur lil eyes...  

You heard it here first.    Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Are you saying FOMOing into a dump is not a smart thing to do?
I don't think we have to worry about that till 100k+ atm.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2021, 03:00:53 AM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

The solution is to increase the block size to 16 billion exabytes and fill it up with cat videos. I don't think anybody could 51% that.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 03:01:14 AM

... it's actually worse than merely just "being the product", the biggest customers for Facebook and Google's troves of personal data are government agencies

... this is a facistic end run around personal liberty and privacy by surveillance state out-sourcing to corporations, who they then light-touch regulate with aforementioned 'slaps on the wrist' so they can spy on their citizens, for a fee to the techno overlords ... no bigger pieces of shit have walked the earth than Zuckerberg, Brin and Sage

Don't forget the scumbag lawyers complicate in the entire system, they get the biggest part of the payoff from the victims fund and get to play off they are the good guy getting justice while pocketing the lions share.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 03:01:50 AM

Explanation
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 03:36:36 AM

ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1481

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 03:55:52 AM

Kinda Off topic, who else hate their job?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 04:01:33 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 04:14:09 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1), ImThour (1)

Sometimes there could be a BIG ass spike down that many people believe that the draconian legislation in the USA  is actually going to keep bad boy bitcoin down..

You heard it here first.    Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Are you saying FOMOing into a dump is not a smart thing to do?
I don't think we have to worry about that till 100k+ atm.

Well maybe I am saying that, and I am also saying that there are all kinds of short-term indicators that tend to be all over the place, so sure, we can see momentum in one direction then we can see it in the opposite direction, and then we can attempt to analyze whether we might still be in a bull market or not, and that has been part of the question for this whole most recent correction that is going on 2.5 months now..

Have we snapped out of the bull market yet - and I have a tendency to believe that we have not (of course, I am not the ONLY one who believes such), so even if the BTC price has been going down a lot in the past 2.5 months, we should be feeling a decent amount of insecurity to rely upon the BTC price continuing to go down or considering that the BTC price is going to go down, unless we have snapped out of our previous bull market.  

Bet either way, if you happen to be a betting man, and I still believe that the odds are that we are still in a bull market...  

As far as FOMOing goes, I do not recommend FOMOing - except if you happened to have fail and refuse to prepare, so really, if we have a BTC price adjustment that goes from the $50ks an d $60ks a few months ago, but largely we have been in the $30ks for a decently large amount of time of 2.5 months, so perhaps that should be enough time to settle down some emotions.. but of course, how emotional a person might be will depend in part on the various strategies that s/he has created and the follow through with those strategies, and consolidation period do seem like good times to be attempting to create and follow through with strategies in order to lessen the likelihood of FOMOing...

Anyone here FOMOing currently?

You, Hueristic, have been here long enough in order that you should not be feeling any inclinations to FOMO, right?

The solution is to increase the block size to 16 billion exabytes and fill it up with cat videos. I don't think anybody could 51% that.

Oh?  Cat videos are better than weather data?

I see what you did there, trying to increase the level of controversy in the data in order to better secure the chain.. you sneaky devil, suchmoon.   Wink

That's not off topic, at all.  

If you had not noticed, we (royal, of course) talk about getting to entry-level fuck you status all of the time... and having bitcoin to help a guy/gal to get to such entry-level fuck you status seems to fit the topic quite well... it's a common theme in these here parts.

No reason to hate your job.. do stuff that you like, and hopefully make those experiences memorable while you have them, even if they might be a short-time of doing various kinds of work, relatively speaking.. not flipping burgers like the dude was doing, right?  The dude has / (had) a not very great job, but maybe even burger-flipping can have fun moments, perhaps?  I never did that for a living, but even less prestigous jobs can be made into funzies and interesting, no? or there might be abilities to develop other talents, no?

Anyhow if you are a relatively young wipper-snapper, then seems to me that a lot of jobs can have their level of stepping ladder-ness in order to build skills to do other jobs and to have aspirations to do other jobs, unless you are in a kind of dead end job..   We might need more info?

To me, it seems that if you are investing into bitcoin you might be able to get out of your job in your 50s or 60s rather than staying in the JOB until full retirement age.., sure some folks are able to get out of their job earlier like in their 30s or 40s.. .. but that likely being sure to be really be in fuck you status takes even more capital to assure that you are going to be able to live off the cash flow of your fuck you money for however long that you have for your life expectancy.. so the younger that you are, it seems that the more solidness that you need to make sure that your level of cash is and that it can work for you... anyone for $2 million to reach entry-level fuck you status?.. if you have reached the $250k to $750k.. you may well be in a decently good spot and on your way to reaching entry-level fuck you status, no?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 04:20:57 AM

You, Hueristic, have been here long enough in order that you should not be feeling any inclinations to FOMO, right?

I've never really cared that much for excessive amounts of cake. I realized the things you own end up owning you early in life.

So as long as I'm in profit I'm happy. Smiley

I like I'm sure everyone here has some regrets but being in pure profit is a sweet place to be and getting there definitely has nothing to do with allowing your emotions to make decisions. Wink
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1481

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 04:30:11 AM

If you had not noticed, we (royal, of course) talk about getting to entry-level fuck you status all of the time... and having bitcoin to help a guy/gal to get to such entry-level fuck you status seems to fit the topic quite well... it's a common theme in these here parts.

No reason to hate your job.. do stuff that you like, and hopefully make those experiences memorable while you have them, even if they might be a short-time of doing various kinds of work, relatively speaking.. not flipping burgers like the dude was doing, right?  The dude has / (had) a not very great job, but maybe even burger-flipping can have fun moments, perhaps?  I never did that for a living, but even less prestigous jobs can be made into funzies and interesting, no? or there might be abilities to develop other talents, no?

You are right however the company I am working for is a big MNC however the Job Role is not what I wanted to do.
Don't want to leave the job as the company's name is surely improving my resume.
Let's hope things get good for me and people like me.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 04:56:34 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2021, 05:16:59 AM by JayJuanGee

I've never really cared that much for excessive amounts of cake. I realized the things you own end up owning you early in life.

So as long as I'm in profit I'm happy. Smiley

I like I'm sure everyone here has some regrets but being in pure profit is a sweet place to be and getting there definitely has nothing to do with allowing your emotions to make decisions. Wink

Your only goal is to be in profits?  That does not seem very ambitious.

Aren't you at least trying to build your portfolio with the passage of time, too?

Everyone giving up on reaching fuck you status?

or is bitcoin just a kind of supplement to other investments/preparations that you have going on?

Need some more details regarding why being in profits is merely enough.

Look you have been here around the same amount of time as me... so let's go with the $10 per week DCAing since early 2014.

That's going to get you $3,660 invested and 4.5 BTC ($132,365) and 35x of profits.

Of course you do not need to provide any of your own personal details, and sure mistakes may have been made along the way, but still Hueristic, you gotta have some goals that go beyond merely "being in profits," even if you have ONLY averaged $10 per week of investment into BTC over the past 7.5 years and maybe have lower levels of profits than is shown on the standard DCA technique that I had linked.

Yes.. some of us have not beaten the standard and minimum DCA technique, but it does not matter because we should be able to learn, unless we are moving into a BTC liquidation phase rather than being in either a BTC accumulation or a BTC maintenance stage.

No reason to hate your job.. do stuff that you like, and hopefully make those experiences memorable while you have them, even if they might be a short-time of doing various kinds of work, relatively speaking.. not flipping burgers like the dude was doing, right?  The dude has / (had) a not very great job, but maybe even burger-flipping can have fun moments, perhaps?  I never did that for a living, but even less prestigous jobs can be made into funzies and interesting, no? or there might be abilities to develop other talents, no?

You are right however the company I am working for is a big MNC however the Job Role is not what I wanted to do.
Don't want to leave the job as the company's name is surely improving my resume.
Let's hope things get good for me and people like me.

Yes.. some folks consider there to be prestige and even opportunities in working for a big MNC (multi-national corporation).. and surely there should be transfer opportunities, especially once you are already in the door.. just might take some time to find something suitable, if that is what you might be preferring to accomplish within the company..

Of course, employers can be big fucking assholes sometimes, but they usually like to attempt to match folks up with their skills and their ambitions, when those kinds of moves/transfers might be feasible... but sure, if at some point you are trying to accomplish something more and you are feeling like you are pigeonholed in the company or a division, then it might be time to switch companies rather than attempting to work some kind of a change from the inside of your current company..

and then on another level perhaps continue to work your way to fuck you status.. with bitcoin, we see that it might not even take more than 10 years to reach fuck you status if you might be aggressive with your bitcoin investment strategy..perhaps, depending on how aggressive your BTC investment technique (abilities) might be - of course providing that you got your regular expenses covered and you are not getting ur lil selfie in a financial pickle because you are over-extending your finances and/or your psychology.  

How aggressive can you be? that's for you to decide the balancing of your personal factors.. and hopefully making progress with your strategizing and carrying out your plans with the passage of time.

By the way, I had some pretty difficult jobs, but there had been some times that I had worked in kind of difficult and stressful situations, and I had not really realized that I was stressed and having some extra stresses until after I had been out of the job for quite a while.. so sometimes, there are ways to still make jobs into self-fulfilling kinds of adventures, even if there might be some degrading aspects to them.. Still waiting for some specifics from you or maybe some other guys/gals regarding how much their job might NOT have any redeeming qualities (maybe not making much money, either, perhaps?)...

Oh by the way, if you are working so hard and many hours, and still are not able to buy $50 to $250 per week of bitcoin (with the extra cash), then sure, there might be some questions that the job might not be paying enough.. but you gotta do what you gotta do.. and if it is the best job that you can get, then that might be your own particular thing that you have to grapple with, too.  Some people have claimed to NOT be able to invest $10 week, which seems doable by most people, but of course, every person has their potential income limitations too.. (or how much is left after the expenses)...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 05:01:26 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 06:01:34 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 07:01:26 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 08:01:26 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 29063 29064 29065 29066 29067 29068 29069 29070 29071 29072 29073 29074 29075 29076 29077 29078 29079 29080 29081 29082 29083 29084 29085 29086 29087 29088 29089 29090 29091 29092 29093 29094 29095 29096 29097 29098 29099 29100 29101 29102 29103 29104 29105 29106 29107 29108 29109 29110 29111 29112 [29113] 29114 29115 29116 29117 29118 29119 29120 29121 29122 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 29128 29129 29130 29131 29132 29133 29134 29135 29136 29137 29138 29139 29140 29141 29142 29143 29144 29145 29146 29147 29148 29149 29150 29151 29152 29153 29154 29155 29156 29157 29158 29159 29160 29161 29162 29163 ... 33278 »
  Print  

Jump to: