May 05, 2024, 05:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 29771 29772 29773 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 29780 29781 29782 29783 29784 29785 [29786] 29787 29788 29789 29790 29791 29792 29793 29794 29795 29796 29797 29798 29799 29800 29801 29802 29803 29804 29805 29806 29807 29808 29809 29810 29811 29812 29813 29814 29815 29816 29817 29818 29819 29820 29821 29822 29823 29824 29825 29826 29827 29828 29829 29830 29831 29832 29833 29834 29835 29836 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372242 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 06:54:51 PM

This Michael Saylor Tucker Carlson interview might be more important than we might think...

Perhaps, but I am always sus on timing of such MSM displays.

The bigger question is why now?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 06:58:59 PM

Haven't looked at the dominance for a little while, was hoping for better.

Yes.. some of us like to distract our lil selfies with irrelevancies...

hahahahahaha

#nohomo

THAT time of the year is approaching so why don't we support king Daddy with our gay xmas cards early?  Grin

Though I appreciate your nostalgia for a kind of "grounding in" tradition.. but a bit much for this here cat.

[edited out]

Why I'm suspicious of Ethereum:

• No specific supply limit set, only now that the devs / Vitalik can see what a limit has meant for BTC and Eth competitors are they wanting to go down the deflationary / burning route. This does not give great confidence in the original idea behind Eth I think. More like a market reaction which puts it more in line with things like stocks (company stock by back stuff etc). This means in future they can just release another trillion Eth if they feel like it. But the devs / Vitalik would sell their own stash first obviously.

I agree with the various points that you mentioned in your post.. but regarding the above snipped part, I still must exclaim: "Holy shit BBunny!"

Doesn't the obfuscation and confusion go way the fuck beyond merely trying to show that they are "more responsible" and reserving capacities to do whatever they want in the future?  It seems to me that another very problematic area is that no one has hardly any clue (except perhaps some of those same insiders like Vitalik) regarding what the supply was in the first place.  So how the hell are we going to know if their cutting of any of the supply has any kind of actual physical impact or whatever because we have no clue about the starting off number.... In other words, they could burn 2 billion ethereum, and if they still have another 4 billion in reserves beyond the actual known supply then what difference would their burning make beyond just the creation of a ploy or an appearance.[/list]
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:01:27 PM

Explanation
naim027

Activity: 476
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:02:46 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5)

One word of advice.

Be careful digging into and exposing the personal details of the people in this thread.  As in avoiding it.  It is not good etiquette as most of us want to remain anonymous, and safe. Luckily... I don't mind terribly.  My opsec is fairly well blown here, and as you have discovered there is a lot of personal info about me on this forum.

I did offer bitcoin as payment at my business, and none of my clients ever went to the trouble to use it.  Even with a 20% discount.

I still live in Dallas.

Sadly for me, I was around for the beginning of bitcoin, but as a starving artist I never really accumulated very much of it... so no buying of islands for me.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

To be honest, I had a headache after this incident, And I feel shy to reply to you about why I did. I doubt I don't have a sense of humor or basic common sense. To be honest, I thought you would appreciate me just because I remembered some golden old days. But, I forget that every coin has two sides. This is a good lesson for me. I forget to say sorry. I am really "SORRY" and apologize.

I also Noticed maybe The JayJuanGee Put me on his ignore list just because of my common sense. Sad
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:29:45 PM

One word of advice.

Be careful digging into and exposing the personal details of the people in this thread.  As in avoiding it.  It is not good etiquette as most of us want to remain anonymous, and safe. Luckily... I don't mind terribly.  My opsec is fairly well blown here, and as you have discovered there is a lot of personal info about me on this forum.

I did offer bitcoin as payment at my business, and none of my clients ever went to the trouble to use it.  Even with a 20% discount.

I still live in Dallas.

Sadly for me, I was around for the beginning of bitcoin, but as a starving artist I never really accumulated very much of it... so no buying of islands for me.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

To be honest, I had a headache after this incident, And I feel shy to reply to you about why I did. I doubt I don't have a sense of humor or basic common sense. To be honest, I thought you would appreciate me just because I remembered some golden old days. But, I forget that every coin has two sides. This is a good lesson for me. I forget to say sorry. I am really "SORRY" and apologize.

I also Noticed maybe The JayJuanGee Put me on his ignore list just because of my common sense. Sad

Don't worry about it.  It's ok.  But it's a good lesson to learn.  Someone who has been around bitcoin since 2011, but is perhaps smarter than me, could be wealthy now.  And therefore he and his family could be a target for people who expect to threaten him.  Things like his history, the city in which he lives.  Those are details that could be dangerous for a person like that.

First of all, I am not rich, thanks to my lack of wisdom, as well as money back in 2011, and until now. 

Bitcoin will have to go up many orders of magnitude more before i could possibly retire.

You were clever to go and look.  But it is impossible for me to know your motives.  So, out here I am going to let you know... one person to another.

So, no hard feelings.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:32:18 PM

TL;DR poo-pooing eth is justifiable, but it is a strong competitor that is not to be dismissed.

It is not.

Do you want to actually debate this statement, or like everyone else do you want to make a blanket generalized statement without evidence to support it?

Momentum in price is not evidence that ETH contributes anything.

since I am in favor of btc and NOT in favor of eth, what is there to debate?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:36:07 PM

This Michael Saylor Tucker Carlson interview might be more important than we might think...

Well it is interesting.  I would not think Tucker would be the place the puppeteers would want to have Saylor.  Unless they were trying to draw his audience in before xxxxx.  But that seems pretty paranoid.

That show has viewers in the millions a day.  I am not one of them, but I have no doubt some who are will get orange pilled by it, so to speak.

The question is how many... and how many will it take?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhEa8vuP6U
naim027

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:43:50 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2021, 10:26:07 PM by naim027

Someone who has been around bitcoin since 2011, but is perhaps smarter than me, could be wealthy now.  And therefore he and his family could be a target for people who expect to threaten him.  Things like his history, the city in which he lives.  Those are details that could be dangerous for a person like that.
I never thought this way. I was positive and tried to remember the golden old days.

You were clever to go and look.  But it is impossible for me to know your motives.  So, out here I am going to let you know... one person to another.
So, no hard feelings.

To be honest, I am still learning from old members and trying to find out what is key to their success. You are a Legendary Member. And I always try to follow Legendary members and take a look at how many threads they created. how much affords they gave. So, I was looking at your account and I was just Surprised that you created only 5 threads. (I hope you won't mind just because I shared this info) So, I learned another lesson from your account that you don't have to create threads to rank up. You can contribute to the forum even without creating a thread.

I appreciate you didn't mind terribly.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:44:29 PM

However, what do I know?

Likely you do not know too much.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

TL;DR poo-pooing eth is justifiable, but it is a strong competitor that is not to be dismissed.

It is not.

Do you want to actually debate this statement, or like everyone else do you want to make a blanket generalized statement without evidence to support it?

Hahahahaha

Along with providing some humour... Torque saved me from: 1) a potentially wordy postening, 2) further devolving into bullshit/irrelevant shitcoins and 3) causing pains upon my brains.

Thanks torquey porkey.   Wink
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:45:51 PM

It is not.

We don't have to like it or acknowledge the existence of ETH, but I can tell you that while BTC will go to $100k or higher soon, in the same time frame we are also going to see ETH go to $10k or higher.

I too, saw it from the beginning, but decided not to buy any of it, or even mine it because I did not understand what it was supposed to do, or what it could achieve. What I do understand is that it is a platform for some smart contracts and all sorts of other things, and while I do not like the monetary issuance of supply and all sorts of other things about it, I know it's going to stick around for awhile, quite possibly long enough for many of us here to die of old age.

The "smart" thing to consider now is if you want to or can you make profits out of this or not, or are you willing to.

The maxi's inside of us (and around us) are going to stick to the "safety" of bitcoin, or that's actually the smart thing to do, stick to bitcoin. Don't bother with anything else no matter what their numbers say. No one understands them, and the guys who think they do, a lot of them lose money anyway.

About the only thing even considered smarter than this, is to simply buy and hold them if you want to play with different allocations among shitcoins. Buy and hold some BTC. Buy and hold some ETH. Hold for 5 years. Do not day trade or whatever. With the understanding that there is the possibility you will lose whatever you put into any shitcoins, including ETH, but you will most likely profit from just holding bitcoin for longer than 5 years.
naim027

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 07:58:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV5QlSgq7lg

have you guys Watched this video made by Bizonacci?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 08:01:27 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 08:07:41 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), vapourminer (2), HeRetiK (1)

It is not.

We don't have to like it or acknowledge the existence of ETH, but I can tell you that while BTC will go to $100k or higher soon, in the same time frame we are also going to see ETH go to $10k or higher.

I too, saw it from the beginning, but decided not to buy any of it, or even mine it because I did not understand what it was supposed to do, or what it could achieve. What I do understand is that it is a platform for some smart contracts and all sorts of other things, and while I do not like the monetary issuance of supply and all sorts of other things about it, I know it's going to stick around for awhile, quite possibly long enough for many of us here to die of old age.

The "smart" thing to consider now is if you want to or can you make profits out of this or not, or are you willing to.

The maxi's inside of us (and around us) are going to stick to the "safety" of bitcoin, or that's actually the smart thing to do, stick to bitcoin. Don't bother with anything else no matter what their numbers say. No one understands them, and the guys who think they do, a lot of them lose money anyway.

About the only thing even considered smarter than this, is to simply buy and hold them if you want to play with different allocations among shitcoins. Buy and hold some BTC. Buy and hold some ETH. Hold for 5 years. Do not day trade or whatever. With the understanding that there is the possibility you will lose whatever you put into any shitcoins, including ETH, but you will most likely profit from just holding bitcoin for longer than 5 years.
I agree with your premise that ETH has interesting properties that make it worth studying in spite of it's flaws which are many and quite great.

The biggest one, in my opinion, is the SAME one that all the big block chains will try to do.  And that is to cram the entire operative data-set onto the blockchain.

If ETH continues to be relevant, or even successful then it is destined to centralize.  By the looks of it we will see it centralize both by miner centralization (eventually blockchain centralization ) as well as stake centralization.

This is dangerous because it will attract the folks who recognize that this can be exploited, and therefore make certain people rich at the expense of those who will not be.  This could include governments, and the super wealthy business folks.

In fact it's very genesis is anchored in that reality.  And ALL the changes since inception have enforces that. Pre-mines Chain splits.  Edicts. Changes to issuance.  All of these things "justified" by the leaders.  This will CONTINUE to go on, and fool the fools until ... well forever.

So the biggest most "feature rich" centralized chain will be the ultimate enemy of bitcoin.  Whether that is ETH, a CDBC, or God forbit some sort of combination.

Bitcoin's biggest problem is it is not well understood by not only the masses, but even it's faithful.  It is misunderstood why it is important.  And why ETH is fundamentally NOTHING LIKE IT.  in fact it's opposite ultimately.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 08:18:20 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2021, 08:33:49 PM by Torque
Merited by JayJuanGee (3)

It is not.

Well I mean, I've seen your prior posts, so I figured you were. But then why did you say that about eth?

We've had sooooo many accounts come into the WO thread over the years, that make a blanket statement about how ETH is better, how it could "flippen" BTC, or how it is a valid competitor to BTC. But whenever I've challenged them on those statements and asked for a point-by-point debate, they've all tucked tail and vanished. Because they can't even believe their own bullshit.

So you'll have to forgive my bluntness about it. But bluntness and debate is the only way to confront and dispel the delusions about ETH having any value to it at all. The emperor has no clothes. All the ETH adherents care about is its price and number go up. That's it. Which is evidenced by their disappearing act when confronted with reality.

The biggest statement I can make about ETH is that, if it were to disappear tomorrow, mankind would lose absolutely nothing. There would be no regression. That's why it has no value.

You could not say the same for Bitcoin.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 08:55:35 PM

ah cmon... we all know Boobs make BTC rise Cheesy Tongue

WATCH

60k By 2mrw

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 09:01:35 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 09:08:18 PM

@jjg..whatever..."sticks and stones may break my bones, but..."
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 09:39:51 PM

Wow just wow... that was the first time that I saw Saylor dancing around the topic of Bitcoin's peer to peer capabilities,  and surely it is amazing that either Saylor believes that Bitcoin's peer to peer capabilities can meaningfully be regulated away or challenged in such a way that is NOT going to cause a lot of backlash from individuals who are either wanting to use bitcoin in peer to peer ways or those people who are developing systems around bitcoin's peer to peer powers.

Look at the video starting at about minute 56 that leads up to Saylor's squirminess in terms of talking about bitcoin's peer to peer capabilities (which kind of peeks around the 1 hour mark) and also presuming that bitcoin's peer to peer can meaningfully/substantially get regulated away.... It is kind of funny that TuckerC is trying to get into some of the nitty gritty of talking about peer to peer capabilities of bitcoin and even asserts that he is not so excited about every single human activity (referring to financial transactions, too) should be monitored or captured by some government.  Saylor responds by outlining bitcoin's peer to peer capabilities as if it were some after-thought use case when in fact bitcoin is intrinsically (hesitant to use that word) capable to be used peer to peer by directly saying to another person.,. Hey, I got some bitcoin in this phone, usb stick, other device, piece of paper, memorized by these words, blah blah blah.. would you give me that chicken if I send you those bitcoins (same as saying satoshis or whatever)... so yeah, any of us can do it once we have the capability which various forms of accomplishing such direct transferrnces are increasing with the passage of time and within various creative imaginations in which such varying user interfaces might not have yet been completely imagined, yet.. such as, the 6,913 sats are contained in that picture that I am carrying and you can check it when you get home... since we are neighbors, we are o.k. with making such transfer on the spot...and I get the chicken..and you get the picture.

https://youtu.be/ax7LRJz7VnA?t=3347

Same thing is true when TuckerC makes the humorous comment about putting money laundering and terrorism in air quotes, and they both get a chuckle out of it while Saylor diverts into some way of talking that is likely less risky... (he's been decently well briefed by his lawyers top be careful with those kinds of topics - outside of talking over a beer in which no one is recording the conversation)...

Back to peer to peer power of our lilie fiend (aka honey badger, aka king daddy, aka you know what I am talking about Willis) course, each of us are entitled to develop and maintain our differing preferences regarding bitcoin's varying use cases and also regarding what we believe makes bitcoin valuable.. and for sure, Saylor remains amongst the better of the articulate public advocates regarding varying bitcoin value propositions.... yet it still remains interesting regarding how he actually squirms regarding the peer to peer nature of bitcoin, and maybe his lack of anonymity and his heading of a public company and even his ongoing aggressiveness in his company's use of debt to invest in bitcoin (a kind of attack on the dollar) contributes to his having to be careful regarding how far he is ready, willing and able to go in terms of talking about (or emphasizing) various aspects of bitcoin's ongoing peer to peer powers.. that are not going to go away even if guys like Saylor avoid it, squirm about it or divert into other areas (like spinning the subject matter differently).

By the way, if you really listen to Saylor he is still proclaiming bitcoin to be powerful in the peer to peer transferring capabilities, he is just refusing to frame it in the kind of peer to peer language that we all know bitcoin is capable of doing, so in the end, we should give few shits that Saylor is avoiding talking about direct transfer of bitcoin between individuals because such presumption that we are able to do that cannot be removed from bitcoin merely because someone like Saylor does not want to talk about bitcoin that way.. and likely he stays out of jail by NOT talking about bitcoin in that kind of way.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 09:42:49 PM

It is not.

<clipped>
So the biggest most "feature rich" centralized chain will be the ultimate enemy of bitcoin.  Whether that is ETH, a CDBC, or God forbit some sort of combination.

Bitcoin's biggest problem is it is not well understood by not only the masses, but even it's faithful.  It is misunderstood why it is important.  And why ETH is fundamentally NOTHING LIKE IT.  in fact it's opposite ultimately.

Exactly, so we need to study it and possibly improve bitcoin (if it is possible) to counteract centralization.
Also, you are right; it NOT the eth per se that is important as the opponent, it is the ideas of arbitrary tweaking that are completely not-bitcoin.
For crying out loud, they made a brand new chain that is FASTER (no other worthy features and super-centralized) and, already, it has the monetary size of 10% of bitcoin with VCs pushing it.
As far as how to do this "fight", I am not sure. Probably, mostly via increased usage and improvements in the ease of use.
BTW, I respect the cashing-out, but the talk about it does not really help bitcoin's case, since then the ultimate goal is fiat accumulation.

Bitcoin has one feature that is very similar to gold and is REALLY detested by financiers: it has NO yield.
Of course, it has been so far an appreciating asset, so the yield might be unnecessary.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 09:47:02 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), JayJuanGee (1)

With inflation through the roof, why not now?
Pages: « 1 ... 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 29771 29772 29773 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 29780 29781 29782 29783 29784 29785 [29786] 29787 29788 29789 29790 29791 29792 29793 29794 29795 29796 29797 29798 29799 29800 29801 29802 29803 29804 29805 29806 29807 29808 29809 29810 29811 29812 29813 29814 29815 29816 29817 29818 29819 29820 29821 29822 29823 29824 29825 29826 29827 29828 29829 29830 29831 29832 29833 29834 29835 29836 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: