April 19, 2024, 03:10:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31002 31003 31004 31005 31006 31007 31008 31009 31010 31011 31012 31013 31014 31015 31016 31017 31018 31019 31020 31021 31022 31023 31024 31025 31026 31027 31028 31029 31030 31031 31032 31033 31034 31035 31036 31037 31038 31039 31040 31041 31042 31043 31044 31045 31046 31047 31048 31049 31050 31051 [31052] 31053 31054 31055 31056 31057 31058 31059 31060 31061 31062 31063 31064 31065 31066 31067 31068 31069 31070 31071 31072 31073 31074 31075 31076 31077 31078 31079 31080 31081 31082 31083 31084 31085 31086 31087 31088 31089 31090 31091 31092 31093 31094 31095 31096 31097 31098 31099 31100 31101 31102 ... 33277 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26363942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 11:21:07 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

I was watching ZuTV and this Charlie Puth video came on in which he buys $100 worth of bitcoin and gets a thumbs up from the trainer.  The only reason I watched it long enough to see it was that I was trying to figure out if the "trainer" was Billy Banks from the Tae Bo craze.  (it is and he's still in pretty good shape - I'm thinking about taking up Tae Bo now)

Yes that is Billy Blanks of Tae Bo workout fame.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 11:33:17 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (10)

BlackRock hops on bitcoin bandwagon with new Coinbase tie-up.

After years of resisting, the world’s largest asset manager has finally taken the plunge into crypto in a substantial way. BlackRock, which oversees $10 trillion in assets, is partnering with publicly traded Coinbase to provide its institutional clients with access to cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin is the first digital asset being offered through the partnership, according to a blog post Coinbase, the most popular crypto exchange in the U.S., released on the matter today. BlackRock’s Aladdin investment management platform will offer connectivity to Coinbase Prime to offer crypto trading, custody, prime brokerage and reporting capabilities to shared clients.

“Common clients of Aladdin and Coinbase will be able to manage their bitcoin exposures alongside their public and private investments for a whole-portfolio view of risk,” BlackRock wrote in an announcement.

Holy goodness.  That either means we are the new rich elite, or that we are totally fucked.

I am leaning towards fucked, but...  (or should it read "but, fucked?")

At the behest of the Fed, Larry Fink and BlackRock have bailed out the entire world....twice now.

BlackRock buys MBS, zombie corp bonds, and other toxic non-performing assets from the Fed, and the Fed in turn buys BlackRock ETFs and pumps their stock.

And Larry Fink has a hard on for ESG. All of BlackRock's slave clients have to adhere to bullshit ESG policies in order to get loans. It's the #1 reason why "wokeness" has permeated every facet of our society now.

This deal stinks. I smell a bait and switch coming in the future.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2964

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 11:39:57 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2022, 11:57:23 AM by OutOfMemory
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

ooooo

oooooo

oooooo

[raises hand]

.. I have a question.

question.. .

question

question

me, me, me..

hahahaha

Earlier you mentioned that there might be ways to geolocate your location based on your pictures.  Do you still fear that sort of thing, or is it adequately sufficient to attempt to protect ur lil selfie by merely NOT disclosing the time that your photos were taken?.. presumptively the ban of your longitude might be easier to figure out than your latitude.. not that I am trying to break your opsec.. and if you want me to delete this post prior to anyone citing my profound insights, then please let me know if I have gone too far..  with my level of geniusness and giving hints to bad guys..   Cry Cry

Maybe we could give the solving of such problem over to fillippone since he seems to have a kind of knack for figuring out locations based on seemingly random pics provided by peeps (unless it is an inside job?) in these here parts?

The "Deep Sky" pictures aren't a problem. You'd need zillions of more megapixels to compute axis offsets and get rough geolocation results out of angular differencies when you shoot pictures of bright objects many lightyears apart, almost on the same axis of view. Superman isn't a member on this board, so the chances are quite zero.
What's more sensitive in terms od OpSec are wide angle pictures of the milky way or zodiac signs, including a horizon with some possible details.
One could calculate roughly when he knows the exact time of day and timezone, because elevation and direction, also angle of objects relative to the ground and horizon are given over the course of a year, even more so if solar planets are included in the pics. Basic astronomy knowledge wouldn't be enough, but if someone knows someone, you know, you can never know...

Next one?  Wink

EDIT: Well, on second thought, if i would have set up the camera mounted exactly level on the viewing axis of the scope, one could guess geolocation roughly by the angling of the deep sky objects in the picture frame, if he knows which hemisphere i'm on. Just because one axis (polar) is fixed and doesn't need to be guessed/computed.

After capturing the North America Nebula, i pointed the scope to a random region high up in the sky, which was suggested in my astronomy software.
The bad thing is, there is a bug in the software: When you change target, all the images are named after the old target (NGC7000 in this case), so i have no idea which object i was recording.

EDIT: This is why the color balancing is not really good. If i knew the object code, i could correct colors automatically. I'm not really skilled at this.

I'm satisfied with the scope. Seems to be the perfect hobby for bear markets  Grin Cool

Beautiful pics and I hope they have an update soon.
Would love to have a scope like that to gaze at the stars  Smiley

Even if you had a telescope like OOM, knowing how to use it does not seem to be any kind of walk in the park.. that's for sure.

Yes, that was what i though when i bought my first telescope eight years ago, just to sell it again a few months later. You have to put in some good effort to get results that keep you going at it  Roll Eyes
Gachapin

Activity: 896
Merit: 1835

bitcoin retard

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 11:53:11 AM

After years of resisting, the world’s largest asset manager has finally taken the plunge into crypto in a substantial way. BlackRock, which oversees $10 trillion in assets, is partnering with publicly traded Coinbase to provide its institutional clients with access to cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin is the first digital asset being offered through the partnership, according to a blog post Coinbase, the most popular crypto exchange in the U.S., released on the matter today. BlackRock’s Aladdin investment management platform will offer connectivity to Coinbase Prime to offer crypto trading, custody, prime brokerage and reporting capabilities to shared clients.

“Common clients of Aladdin and Coinbase will be able to manage their bitcoin exposures alongside their public and private investments for a whole-portfolio view of risk,” BlackRock wrote in an announcement.

Holy goodness.  That either means we are the new rich elite, or that we are totally fucked.

At the behest of the Fed, Larry Fink and BlackRock have bailed out the entire world....twice now.

BlackRock buys MBS, zombie corp bonds, and other toxic non-performing assets from the Fed, and the Fed in turn buys BlackRock ETFs and pumps their stock.

And Larry Fink has a hard on for ESG. All of BlackRock's slave clients have to adhere to bullshit ESG policies in order to get loans. It's the #1 reason why "wokeness" has permeated every facet of our society now.

You mean they will suddenly "find out" that BTC causes gLObAL wARmiNg and crash the market using MSM propaganda?
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 11:56:17 AM

You mean they will suddenly "find out" that BTC causes gLObAL wARmiNg and crash the market using MSM propaganda?

Most likely. And switch the narrative over to promoting "more sustainable, ESG-based crypto coins".  Roll Eyes

The thing about future market rug pulls, is that the establishment always set them up way in advance before the next bull run. They always need a plausible "reason" at the ready to crash the market.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 12:01:38 PM

Explanation
Gachapin

Activity: 896
Merit: 1835

bitcoin retard

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 12:25:19 PM
Merited by Torque (1)

Most likely. And switch the narrative over to promoting "more sustainable, ESG-based crypto coins".  Roll Eyes

The thing about future market rug pulls, is that the establishment always set them up way in advance before the next bull run. They always need a plausible "reason" at the ready to crash the market.

Sounds quite possible.
Maybe the last "Musk's environmental concerns" crash was a pre-run
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 01:01:21 PM

Explanation
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 01:17:43 PM

SNIP

Ah, You are that Nutildah? I saw a thread about you leaving Bitcointalk. A few months ago, you logged in again, and someone noticed. I heard you are very genius. But, My question is, Are you promoting Shitcoins? DogerMint? GoldenShibe? WTF?

Good sh!tcoins, that will remain 4ever, are good for/and will help BTCiTcoin grow and be more stable.    Cool   Cool
It shouldn't bother you of people promoting limited supply coins that have some kind of proof of work.

If no one would take interest in paying attention to BTCiTcoin, but they pay to shibes or wtf because they like dogs or some nonsense like that. Then it is free publicity and advertisement, because eventually all the sh!tcoins go pegged against BTCiTcoin and the value of sh!tcoins is funneled, attached, pegged, distorted, merged with the value of BTCiTcoin and that created added value and stability.     Shocked     Shocked     Shocked

In my view, the less BTCiTcoin is traded against fiat currencies and more against sh!tcoins, then it forces those that want to have control over BTCiTcoin to want to have control over sh!tcoins as well. And so basically it forces them to also invest in sh!tcoins to try to reach 'dominance' or control so they can dump on BTCiTcoin after. But the problem is that sh!tcoins appear and grow like mushrooms when it "rains with money" from the FEDs and banksters or any other dumb billionaire that tries to think of a scheme.      Cheesy    Cheesy

*edit(): So they basically need to keep throwing money at the screen into sh!tcoins to keep up with the Simpsons.   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 01:54:14 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1), NotATether (1)

BlackRock is partnering with Coinbase to increase the institutional adoption of bitcoin.
It is not often that you live through the birth and scaling of a new multi-trillion dollar asset class.
Apompliano

"Hurr durr let's turn Bitcorns into paper and fuck the whole thing up hurr durr"
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 02:04:12 PM

I love how the MSM is talking about the latest U.S. job growth report as a bad thing.  Roll Eyes

"We need job losses, not job gains, dammit!"
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 02:04:55 PM

Explanation
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 02:20:59 PM

I was watching ZuTV and this Charlie Puth video came on in which he buys $100 worth of bitcoin and gets a thumbs up from the trainer.  The only reason I watched it long enough to see it was that I was trying to figure out if the "trainer" was Billy Banks from the Tae Bo craze.  (it is and he's still in pretty good shape - I'm thinking about taking up Tae Bo now)

This image is from about 2:02 in the video:

Full video:
https://youtu.be/WFsAon_TWPQ

edit: okay, now I like the video - can't stop watching it.  Help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsc5IWkICE

I can't believe it was possible to make it even better!

At least you are not watching it anymore! Cheesy Cheesy
Now you just have to listen to it in the background. But I remembered it from an older "Club Life with Tiesto episode" ... I didn't knew the original song from Tv. Because Tv is bad and we keep it just to watch Blue Ray movies from USB only.     Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 02:23:54 PM
Merited by Richy_T (1)

BlackRock is partnering with Coinbase to increase the institutional adoption of bitcoin.
It is not often that you live through the birth and scaling of a new multi-trillion dollar asset class.
Apompliano

"Hurr durr let's turn Bitcorns into paper and fuck the whole thing up hurr durr"

This is totally true.  But there is this really weird game theory part that I wonder if they are not seeing.

What happens when they make all their paper fakecorn and then people who have interests counter to theirs decides only to transact on the base layer, or even transparent federated layers?

It could make the game stop thing look like the bunch of kids it was.

Tough part is on the way we have to live through the nonsense.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 02:48:14 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), xhomerx10 (1), Gachapin (1)

OT: Fucking lol

https://rumble.com/v1estvn-alex-jones-mic-drop.html
NotATether
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 6670

bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2022, 02:50:29 PM

Apompliano

This is totally true. But there is this really weird game theory part that I wonder if they are not seeing.

What happens when they make all their paper fakecorn and then people who have interests counter to theirs decides only to transact on the base layer, or even transparent federated layers?

It's not a zero-sum game if they're not playing their cards correctly, because then they're missing out on points Grin
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1029

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2022, 02:51:56 PM

Source

Enjoy dear WOs
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 03:05:00 PM

Explanation
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2022, 03:10:24 PM

BTC-e owner Alexander Vinnik extradited to the US.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/04/politics/russian-bitcoin-extradited-us/index.html

Russian citizen running a Bitcoin exchange in Bulgaria, arrested while on vacation in Greece in 2017, then extradited to France, now extradited to USA.  Roll Eyes
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 05, 2022, 03:23:36 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Not good: Coinbase hit with 2 fresh lawsuits amid SEC probe

In both cases, plaintiffs allege Coinbase made fraudulent and misleading statements about the company's business, operations and compliance efforts throughout the class period.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-hit-with-2-fresh-lawsuits-amid-sec-probe
Pages: « 1 ... 31002 31003 31004 31005 31006 31007 31008 31009 31010 31011 31012 31013 31014 31015 31016 31017 31018 31019 31020 31021 31022 31023 31024 31025 31026 31027 31028 31029 31030 31031 31032 31033 31034 31035 31036 31037 31038 31039 31040 31041 31042 31043 31044 31045 31046 31047 31048 31049 31050 31051 [31052] 31053 31054 31055 31056 31057 31058 31059 31060 31061 31062 31063 31064 31065 31066 31067 31068 31069 31070 31071 31072 31073 31074 31075 31076 31077 31078 31079 31080 31081 31082 31083 31084 31085 31086 31087 31088 31089 31090 31091 31092 31093 31094 31095 31096 31097 31098 31099 31100 31101 31102 ... 33277 »
  Print  

Jump to: