April 27, 2024, 07:41:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 32571 32572 32573 32574 32575 32576 32577 32578 32579 32580 32581 32582 32583 32584 32585 32586 32587 32588 32589 32590 32591 32592 32593 32594 32595 32596 32597 32598 32599 32600 32601 32602 32603 32604 32605 32606 32607 32608 32609 32610 32611 32612 32613 32614 32615 32616 32617 32618 32619 32620 [32621] 32622 32623 32624 32625 32626 32627 32628 32629 32630 32631 32632 32633 32634 32635 32636 32637 32638 32639 32640 32641 32642 32643 32644 32645 32646 32647 32648 32649 32650 32651 32652 32653 32654 32655 32656 32657 32658 32659 32660 32661 32662 32663 32664 32665 32666 32667 32668 32669 32670 32671 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 12:25:26 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2023, 02:21:08 PM by Torque
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Gachapin (1)

Well, if that dev Bob cited is right, then Lightning is apparently cooked unless a fix is possible.
If so, Phil has a solid argument as you cannot accommodate coffee buying on bitcoin (without Lightning).

Do I care? Not much as my infrequent txs can still be posted, but it (bitcoin) cannot be a medium of exchange for the planet.
Is BitVM any better? I have no clue, maybe it is too new.

Perplexed.

Last time I'd check, Bitcoin and Lightning was still being developed and improvements are being sort and worked through...

am I missing something?.... the narrative over the last a few pages make it seem like, that is it! we are fucked! nothing can be done to solve buying a coffee!

stop being a BTC maxer and let LTC/Doge do the lite work.

BTW I will be driving to the mine and dropping in 550th of BTC miners and zero Scrypt miners.

+2 sMerit for the 550th

-1 sMerit for the LTC/Doge statement!

Look I am a satoshi guy which means am a POW guy

So 3100 watts an hour with a s19xp means 141 x 0.0622 cents or $8.77 a day
and 3100 watts hour with an L7 means  9 x 1.31 usd or $11.79 a day

so we can argue all you want.  but my L7's are paid off and make $3.02 a day more

Which if you go back a bit on this thread you will read I cashed LTC and Doge in in order to buy more BTC.

So I ask you is spending 3100 watts an hour to get $11.79 in btc better than spending
3100 watts an hour to get $8.77 a day in btc?

I have earn more value with Scrypt  mining since 2018 than I have with BTC mining .

And I am far more invested in BTC gear and power  than scrypt .

The difference is my Doge mine and hodl was really really really really really good.

At the moment I am not holding my LTC or my Doge profits I am cashing them and setting up BTC DCA buys.

So if you read this you will see I am a BTC 85% person and 15% Scrypt

and it has worked well since 2018

Philipma, there is a HUGE difference between "I mine the shitcoins ltc/doge and immediately dump them for btc" versus "Buy ltc or doge and hodl it to buy coffees, guys!! They will take over street commerce!"

Like a giant, galaxy-size difference.  Roll Eyes

So quit espousing the latter, when you only mean the former. It's tedious and annoying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3513

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 12:57:48 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ivomm (1)

Well friends, my DCA days are over. It's time to start selling. I'm a little sad to spoil my stash, but it's about something important. For years I was not satisfied with the city and the institution where I work. I was recently invited to a prestigious institution with better pay and less working hours. For opsec reasons, I don't want to say what I work, I'll just say that it's a very good position, and only 1 month of working days is required per year. My work is a hobby and there is no question of retiring, because that's what I'll be doing anyway.

The city is large, with a rich history and culture, with many places for entertainment, recreation and restaurants. The people are good, cordial and I feel very well there for 1 year now. So I decided to buy an apartment. I'm putting off the idea of a house for now because I don't have that many bitcoins. My plan for the apartment is to use a mortgage, paying only 20% of the price now. It's a small percentage of my bitcoins, so I'll be able to swallow it. When the price reaches some level, I have decided to repay the entire loan by selling bitcoins, and my goal is to sell no more than 10% for the purpose. It's all worth it, because it's how I drastically change my lifestyle in the right direction. And I'm insured with my bitcoins, in case of financial difficulties to sell some more and not lose the apartment.

congrats!

a while back i sold a respectable chunk of my corn to retire early. best decision ever. bitcoin is a tool and there are many ways to use it. so dont second guess yourself and enjoy the benefits bitcoin brings.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 01:04:54 PM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 02:03:27 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 03:01:28 PM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 03:46:11 PM

Thanks for the warning... I get the sense that now I am going to be better prepared to be able to panic in the future when "we" bitcoiners have continued to fail/refuse to sufficiently build and prepare like you would like to happen in these here parts.

What do you suggest?  BIGGER blocks?  A change in BTC's governance? Or something else?

I've already said everything pertinent to the subject. Do you expect me to repeat myself? I try to avoid discussions that go around in circles these days. I know your MO is to use a hundred words when three would do but some of us have other things to do.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 03:49:43 PM

Philipma, there is a HUGE difference between "I mine the shitcoins ltc/doge and immediately dump them for btc" versus "Buy ltc or doge and hodl it to buy coffees, guys!! They will take over street commerce!"

Like a giant, galaxy-size difference.  Roll Eyes

So quit espousing the latter, when you only mean the former. It's tedious and annoying.

There's also the option of exchanging a chunk BTC for LTC from time to time to make small purchases more feasible. I still have some LTC hanging around from long, long ago and a couple of years I used some because it was a lot cheaper at the time than spending BTC. I hate LTC but I hate what's been done to BTC more.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 04:01:20 PM

Explanation
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 04:04:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

There's also the option of exchanging a chunk BTC for LTC from time to time to make small purchases more feasible.

Not in America, when the IRS will charge you capital gains for just doing that exchange.

Plus the fact that still to this day, almost no merchants in the U.S. where most people shop (or buy coffee) take ANY crypto directly as payment.

Over the years, I've grown extremely weary of conversations of the "theory of using cryptos for daily purchases" vs. the reality. The practicality of it is non-existent. The practicality of using fiat for daily transactions is still INFINITELY better and easier in every conceivable way.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 04:11:50 PM

Over the years, I've grown extremely weary of conversations of the "theory of using cryptos for daily purchases" vs. the reality. The practicality of it is non-existent. The practicality of using fiat for daily transactions is still INFINITELY better and easier in every conceivable way.

Unfortunately so.
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2023, 04:17:04 PM

Hello WO guys lately shared but share a short history in my life and family.
share your opinion ...

Thanks @satoshi & @theymos To give me a chance,

Thanks to bitcointalk and all other members because we found bitcointalk at a critical time in our life.

Please everyone pray for my family.

Full topic & more images to go: "Bitcointalk" is part of my family living life & my "Baby birthday celebration"
Out of mind

Activity: 434
Merit: 208

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 04:27:34 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2023, 04:40:28 PM by Out of mind

Hello WO guys lately shared but share a short history in my life and family.
share your opinion ...

Thanks @satoshi & @theymos To give me a chance,

Thanks to bitcointalk and all other members because we found bitcointalk at a critical time in our life.

Please everyone pray for my family.

Full topic & more images to go: "Bitcointalk" is part of my family living life & my "Baby birthday celebration"
Wow Nice,,, !!! Buddy  Roll Eyes

,I turned my phone upside down to see all of the few photos you posted here. Grin
Hahaha,,,!!! Grin

Ex: Grin

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 05:01:21 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 06:05:00 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10178

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 06:13:46 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2023, 06:38:01 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Paashaas (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

As discussed before Bitcoin price has broken the upper channel trend line resistance. Must confirm it as a support to see more upward price movement. If confirmed, the channel breakout target is $47k this will not happen in one shot but eventually.

I doubt that there is any one agreed-to channel, and personally I am sticking with $25k to $35k as the don't wake me up zone, even though many of the folks (including yours truly) may well have been quite woken up by how much time we were spending at the lower end of such zone... It was getting scary for a while so even though technically the BTC price did not really end up falling outside of the zone (except a few wee bitty DOWNity wicks), we ended up in some scary times...

so if we might be considering $25k to $35k as a kind of zone.. then we have returned to the middle of such zone.. why get excited when in the middle of a zone. even though surely it feels better than being in the lower end of such price zone.... at the end of the day, it is still  more or less the middle.. Yawn, yawn.

Well friends, my DCA days are over. It's time to start selling. I'm a little sad to spoil my stash, but it's about something important. For years I was not satisfied with the city and the institution where I work. I was recently invited to a prestigious institution with better pay and less working hours. For opsec reasons, I don't want to say what I work, I'll just say that it's a very good position, and only 1 month of working days is required per year. My work is a hobby and there is no question of retiring, because that's what I'll be doing anyway.

The city is large, with a rich history and culture, with many places for entertainment, recreation and restaurants. The people are good, cordial and I feel very well there for 1 year now. So I decided to buy an apartment. I'm putting off the idea of a house for now because I don't have that many bitcoins. My plan for the apartment is to use a mortgage, paying only 20% of the price now. It's a small percentage of my bitcoins, so I'll be able to swallow it. When the price reaches some level, I have decided to repay the entire loan by selling bitcoins, and my goal is to sell no more than 10% for the purpose. It's all worth it, because it's how I drastically change my lifestyle in the right direction. And I'm insured with my bitcoins, in case of financial difficulties to sell some more and not lose the apartment.

In the way, that you started the post, I had presumed that you were selling larger percentages, but whatever you are doing seems somewhat reasonable even though you do seem to be contradicting some of your earlier posts, but I think that part of the reason for some of the contradictions did end up being due to some of your mistakes in regards to how you had been managing your BTC stash... so how can any of us judge what others are doing with any real conviction.. and sure through the years I have seen quit a few bitcoiners taking profits way too much and too soon.. and sometimes they do continue to post and other times they get arrogant about it and other times they just end up fading away.. and surely, it can be difficult to know how to minimize the use of such BTC especially during periods like this in which the BTC price might be up a wee bit, but really it is still ONLY less than 10% of the distance away from the 200-week moving average which is currently right around $28,254.... so historically, who could really imagine selling much if any BTC at or around the 200week moving average and not regretting it.  maybe this time is different and BTC prices will not go up from here?. .but I still have my doubts.

Nobody should feel sad buying a home with bitcoin. I bought my house with fiat from selling bitcoin in the last bull run. Isn’t that why we got into bitcoin, to make life better? What do we gain by HODLING until death, not enjoying some of the fruits of our labor?

I will sell more bitcoin in 2025 and buy multiple rental properties also.

It surely is a good thing to have some diversification in assets and/or income, and even though there can be some pain in the ass aspects to both residential property and also rental property, I could think of worse investments (and/or ways to diversify) to the extent that we are actually choosing to invest with our bitcoin proceeds rather than consuming on the well known iconic items of HLB.

Well friends, my DCA days are over. It's time to start selling. I'm a little sad to spoil my stash, but it's about something important. For years I was not satisfied with the city and the institution where I work. I was recently invited to a prestigious institution with better pay and less working hours. For opsec reasons, I don't want to say what I work, I'll just say that it's a very prestigious position, and only 1 month of working days is required per year. My work is a hobby and there is no question of retiring, because that's what I'll be doing anyway.

Best of luck in your new home/location/work. I can fully relate, as I'm in a very similar situation. Will almost mirror your moves, but not just yet... It's not related to the price of Bitcoin, it's just not the right time for me. But it's close, and the price of Bitcoin will hopefully almost certainly be much higher by that time, which will make things much smoother and the decisions much easier to make.

We only live once, there's likely no afterlife, so we'd better make the most of it while we can. Our stash will be worth nothing to us if we end up old, sick and unable to enjoy it.

+1 WOsMerit.

Even though BTC prices are not guaranteed to go up from here, it is most likely better to be selling on the way up rather than either on the way down or in kind of forced situations.

Surely selling at around $30k is much better than it would have been to be selling anywhere below $22k in May/June 2022 and for nearly 8 months thereafter... and surely even though the BTC price has not really gotten that much above the 200 week moving average it still seems to be better to be attempting to take the 200-week moving average into account and also attempting to time such sells in ways that are likely to create the need to have to sell fewer cornz.. but again, as we know there are no guarantees in any of this.. so a plan to sell "later rather than now" could end up blowing up in our faces.. so none of us can really know for sure... even though I have not yet published my ideas (in the form of a chart) about various ways to consider how much BTC to potentially be able to sell in accordance with the 200-week moving average, we likely have some pretty decent ideas that having BTC prices even within 30% to 50% of the 200-week moving average might still be a bit bottom-ish-y.. and currently we are less than 10% away from the 200-week moving average, so for me it seems difficult to get too overly excited about selling BTC in this price arena.. even though surely for some folks it may well end up being practical in terms of not getting too greedy about the profits that they ight already be in and also the place in which they might be in their lives..

Seller exhaustion?

Let’s hope so and we start to rally as the halving approaches.

@Pentoshi
Pretty key update today as I've tracked this for some time

Stable coin bleed stopped as discussed earlier in October, and has not made a new low now in over 3 months. It's even essentially had a very small uptick

It could be a sign that capital is finally done exiting. Another positive development

https://x.com/pentosh1/status/1715847424982360176
Pretty much all up from here. Any dips at this point are a massive buy. Next year, and the following, will be pretty damn awesome. Actual big money will be coming in this time, the events of the world are now aligning for the greatest BTC bull run of all.
Sometimes things are simple and play linearly, but bitcoin typically goes up the most when nobody 'expected' it, like a $12 to $250 surge (20X) in the first four moths of 2013 or $1k to $20K in the last 8-9 months of 2017 (20X again). Now, there is a lot of expectation, which is bullish, of course, but not unexpected. I don't expect more than 140-150K during this cycle, call me conservative.
If you add following low/high after 2017 that would be from $3k to $69k is another 20x. Current low is $15k x20 = ~$300k range.

Will it happen again? Probability is plausible because all those ETF's coming is a powerfull pump force to be reckoned with.

Of course the more X in our expectations the more difficult it is to count upon it.. so start with 2x (we are here now), there are several possibilities prior to getting to 20x.. including 3x, 5x, 10x and 15x, but then there are also possibilities of going higher such as 30x, 50x 80x, 100x and more, and maybe no matter what we do, there are likely ways to not get too dependent (or excited) upon any one of the specific Xs playing out, but I could also imagine having various BTC sales amounts already planned for at each of the different stages along the possible X-way -  including  but not limited to 3x, 5x, 10x, 15x, 20x,  30x, 50x 80x, 100x and more - and still not be worried about running out of BTC because maybe even if BTC prices get to 100x or more, I still might have more than 60% (or maybe even more than 80%) of my BTC and I will still be happy of having had made some shavenings of BTC from my BTC holdings along the way.  If we know how much BTC that we have at this particular time, we likely already are able to project out our various BTC sales amounts at any of those various X-ening BTC price points along the way (if such BTC price threshold passings were to end up playing out).
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7708

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2023, 06:35:05 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Cyrus (1)

Bitcoin drone show in lugano (after the Lugano Plan BTC conf) Cool

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4138

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 06:36:51 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Another ant pump,
Like a dog without a bone,
Riders on the storm.

We've been there before.
Seen it rise, then seen it fall.
Now, when ATH?

Anything lower,
Is price manipulation,
By cute Saylorettes.

Respected are those,
Who are in it for the tech.
You know who you are.

And then there are those,
Who are in it for the fun.
Lambos, hookers, blow.

What's up with Lightning?
Is the god damned thing broken?
It looked promising...

No r0ach, no proudhon...
Just merit whores and newbies.
Where's Carolina?

#7wodigestsundayhaikus
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 06:45:23 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2023, 08:57:03 PM by Biodom
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Dollar buys half of RE in comparison with 2020:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/real-estate/home-prices-high-mortgage-rates-how-much-money-to-afford-rcna120801

That said...
..If you had $324K (worth an average house price) on Jan 1 2020 in the bank, you could buy only about 3/4 of a house (if you are buying in "cash" and with current average house prices at $446 thou), but
..if you had $324K in SP500, you can still buy that house as SP500 went proportionally up (SPY from 321.7 to 421.19, roughly matching the rise in house prices)
...if you had $324K in bitcoin back then (34.5 btc), you can buy two averagely priced houses right now with no mortgage (if you want 'em) and have about $100K leftover (0.34 house).

Bottom line is that in this case you would be essentially unaffected by the affordability crisis described in the link.
Just FYI and another description of why it "pays" to be in bitcoin, long term.

I kind of like your set up Biodom - but still from where are you getting your numbers for BTC?  

When I look at January 2020, I see BTC prices around $8k, so if I put $324k into BTC I get right around 40.5 BTC, and so if I look at current BTC prices, $1.215 million (which is about a 3.75x price appreciation.. .which is quite a bit more than double appreciation for BTC prices.

Ps. Even if I calculate from your numbers of 34.5 BTC (which is a BTC price of about $9,400 in January 2020), yet at the time that I type this post, that 34.5 BTC is still valued at more than $1 million which would still be more than 3x the value of $324k rather merely a doubling of value... and of course, we might not need to be so selective about the time frames that we attempt to compare, because we also likely realize that the longer time frame that we use to look back at BTC versus real estate, BTC prices are greatly outperforming real estate price appreciations... which could put any bitcoiner (hodler and/or accumulator) in a decently good position if they are trying to figure out how to save up for being able to get into a home purchase.

I don't know, i just got a price off of some long term chart, it could be either 8K or 9K.
Re about tripling vs doubling-I got doubling plus 1/3 of the price of the average house in US, not the $$ number.
It is of course, more in $$ because houses appreciated about 30% (at least).
Yes...bitcoiners did better than real estate..that was the point.

Nobody should feel sad buying a home with bitcoin. I bought my house with fiat from selling bitcoin in the last bull run. Isn’t that why we got into bitcoin, to make life better? What do we gain by HODLING until death, not enjoying some of the fruits of our labor?

I will sell more bitcoin in 2025 and buy multiple rental properties also.

I am angling to buy another property too in 2025, but not for renting.
The idea is to "escape" hot summers here.
Potential areas: Canada, New Hampshire or Michigan (from more to less expensive, typically).
Some water view is a must, got tired of not seeing water on a daily basis (river, lake or ocean-whichever will do just fine).
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 07:01:57 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

what is bitcoin price
when held to "maturity"?
much more than now, lol

# Sunday haiku
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 07:03:28 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 32571 32572 32573 32574 32575 32576 32577 32578 32579 32580 32581 32582 32583 32584 32585 32586 32587 32588 32589 32590 32591 32592 32593 32594 32595 32596 32597 32598 32599 32600 32601 32602 32603 32604 32605 32606 32607 32608 32609 32610 32611 32612 32613 32614 32615 32616 32617 32618 32619 32620 [32621] 32622 32623 32624 32625 32626 32627 32628 32629 32630 32631 32632 32633 32634 32635 32636 32637 32638 32639 32640 32641 32642 32643 32644 32645 32646 32647 32648 32649 32650 32651 32652 32653 32654 32655 32656 32657 32658 32659 32660 32661 32662 32663 32664 32665 32666 32667 32668 32669 32670 32671 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: