May 03, 2024, 01:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 33163 33164 33165 33166 33167 33168 33169 33170 33171 33172 33173 33174 33175 33176 33177 33178 33179 33180 33181 33182 33183 33184 33185 33186 33187 33188 33189 33190 33191 33192 33193 33194 33195 33196 33197 33198 33199 33200 33201 33202 33203 33204 33205 33206 33207 33208 33209 33210 33211 33212 [33213] 33214 33215 33216 33217 33218 33219 33220 33221 33222 33223 33224 33225 33226 33227 33228 33229 33230 33231 33232 33233 33234 33235 33236 33237 33238 33239 33240 33241 33242 33243 33244 33245 33246 33247 33248 33249 33250 33251 33252 33253 33254 33255 33256 33257 33258 33259 33260 33261 33262 33263 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371152 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 01:49:17 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

First time ever, 7 green months in a row.  Cool Happy Easter.

Green or red for April?

Looks like we are going to achieve the highest EVER weekly and, at the same time, monthly closing... and both even over the previous cycle peak (not closing) ATH.
Nice.
Things feel oddly bullish. It seems like more money is on the way to the market over the next couple of months as well. I feel too comfortable with a $70K BTC price. At the rate accumulation is going though, we should get through all the GBTC coins and mtgox distribution of BTC in about 5 months. It seems like a perfect storm is brewing for the end of the year.
When the FED cuts interest rates, then it will get very interesting....

It's already interesting.. so yeah.. even more interesting.. I hope we are going to be able to handle the level of ongoing interesting.

Partially OT:

Typically, I don't post about s-tcoins, but I want to address one interesting social phenomenon about them this cycle.
A memecoin obviously does not have a value, apart from being just that, a meme.
However, why we see such seemingly outrageous valuations for those: 31bil, 18bil, 4.6bil, 3.6 bil..and on and on.
I think that it represents something, but what is it?
Possibilities:
1. Rejection of traditional monetary values. Something like this: "you, boomers made my life difficult, so to spite you and reject what you think is valuable, I would invest in meme stocks (GME, AMC, etc) and meme coins".
2. Desire to organize into virtual "tribes": the tribe of dog#1, the tribe of dog#2, the tribe of a "dog wif hat" (for f sake!), frog, whatever.
Each tribe has a meme, then probably would have certain rituals, etc.
3. Complete and utter nihilism that translates into "laying flat" and meme coin chasing.

Honestly, this is not what I expected, but it seems where we are.
Certainly, memes have, for now*, the biggest momentum.
I am not buying any, but I am very curious about what it all means going forward.
I also think that it seems that memes distract from the major thesis of bitcoin as being a new form of money.
They are almost a caricature of that important idea.

Bewildered.
* I have a bag of dog#1 from long time ago at zero cost as I took lots of profit during the last super spike.

We have already frequently seen these various kinds of pumps of shitcoins, projects, ICOs, NFTs, stable coins, inscription/ordinals, and now meme coins.

Why do you feel some kind of need to ascribe more meaning to it?  Yeah, a lot of folks are frustrated with various systems and want to say fuck you to the man, and some of them might know about bitcoin and some of them might not.. so they are going to have fun staying poor if they cannot figure out ways to get in and out and maybe to put some of their profits (that is if they actually are able to get any profits) into something solid like bitcoin rather than riding any particular meme coin for too much and for too long.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 02:01:14 AM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7825

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 02:02:41 AM

First time ever, 7 green months in a row.  Cool Happy Easter.

Green or red for April?

Looks like we are going to achieve the highest EVER weekly and, at the same time, monthly closing... and both even over the previous cycle peak (not closing) ATH.
Nice.
Things feel oddly bullish. It seems like more money is on the way to the market over the next couple of months as well. I feel too comfortable with a $70K BTC price. At the rate accumulation is going though, we should get through all the GBTC coins and mtgox distribution of BTC in about 5 months. It seems like a perfect storm is brewing for the end of the year.
When the FED cuts interest rates, then it will get very interesting....

It's already interesting.. so yeah.. even more interesting.. I hope we are going to be able to handle the level of ongoing interesting.

Partially OT:

Typically, I don't post about s-tcoins, but I want to address one interesting social phenomenon about them this cycle.
However, why we see such seemingly outrageous valuations for those: 31bil, 18bil, 4.6bil, 3.6 bil..and on and on.
Possibilities:
1. Rejection of traditional monetary values. Something like this: "you, boomers made my life difficult, so to spite you and reject what you think is valuable, I would invest in meme stocks (GME, AMC, etc) and meme coins".
2. Desire to organize into virtual "tribes": the tribe of dog#1, the tribe of dog#2, the tribe of a "dog wif hat" (for f sake!), frog, whatever.
3. Complete and utter nihilism that translates into "laying flat" and meme coin chasing.

I am not buying any, but I am very curious about what it all means going forward.
I also think that it seems that memes distract from the major thesis of bitcoin as being a new form of money.

Bewildered.
* I have a bag of dog#1 from long time ago at zero cost as I took lots of profit during the last super spike.

We have already frequently seen these various kinds of pumps of shitcoins, projects, ICOs, NFTs, stable coins, inscription/ordinals, and now meme coins.

Why do you feel some kind of need to ascribe more meaning to it?  Yeah, a lot of folks are frustrated with various systems and want to say fuck you to the man, and some of them might know about bitcoin and some of them might not.. so they are going to have fun staying poor if they cannot figure out ways to get in and out and maybe to put some of their profits (that is if they actually are able to get any profits) into something solid like bitcoin rather than riding any particular meme coin for too much and for too long.

Trying to figure out if quoting you will really drop my merits a lot.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 02:09:51 AM

Trying to figure out if quoting you will really drop my merits a lot.

I think that it counts all of the characters that you write, plus any additional ones that you quote from others.  That's my sense of it.  It might take a bit of time to get down to zero and into the negatives.. .. post more and read less.  hahahahaha

I am going to stick with my regular posting style.. . which sometimes I quote and other times I do not.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3853

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 02:11:05 AM

Partially OT:

Possibilities:

Bewildered.

Why? Because this area of the market is still speculative and those "things" have a lot of momentum, and, surprisingly to me, did not completely fade into obscurity in the last bear by losing 99% (as I expected), but, instead, are running like "dogs", pardon the pun.

You seem to not see this as some kind of weird cultural phenomenon (I do). That's fine, but I would hate to be in a situation when those nonsensical plays have ALL of the momentum and we stay flat.
Alas, it would not be catastrophic, but maybe the complete opposite of any expectation from the "serious" market commenters.

That's it about the "dogs" from me...back to the "regular" program.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 02:21:32 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2024, 01:28:07 AM by JayJuanGee

[edited out]
Why? Because this area of the market is still speculative and those "things" have a lot of momentum, and, surprisingly to me, did not completely fade into obscurity in the last bear by losing 99% (as I expected), but, instead, are running like "dogs", pardon the pun.

Many of us likely realize that there are always going to be a certain number and kind of shitcoins, and they sometimes might seem different, and sure they might reflect some kind of current happening in the culture.

You seem to not see this as some kind of weird cultural phenomenon (I do). That's fine, but I would hate to be in a situation when those nonsensical plays have ALL of the momentum and we stay flat.

Who cares?  Let them have their lil funzies.

Why should any of us (including uie-pooie) give any shits if there might be some folks getting rich as fuck off of scams?   Another thing that is likely is that the promoters and the designers of the coins might be getting rich more quickly, but they also might get too greedy, and surely there can be some normies who are able to get early and/or insider information and to get rich before the rug pull. .but again, so what?   Why do you feel some kind of a need to get distracted so easily?  Keep your eye on the prize.. . .and that is why your lil froggie has laser eyes, no?  use those laser eyes to keep ur lil selfie a wee bit MOAR better focused.

Alas, it would not be catastrophic, but maybe the complete opposite of any expectation from the "serious" market commenters.

Who knows which themes are going to take off, and yeah, a lot of normies likely realized that various aspects of the system are against them, and so they love to gamble themselves some crypto.. and hopefully they have some luck from time to time, yet an overwhelming majority is probably putting way more money into those systems than he is getting out, but surely like any degenerate gambler he is likely going to mostly be telling you about his wins rather than his losses.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7978

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:01:14 AM

+1

edit: Hey!  My merit didn't come down at all.   I guess I didn't post enough words in my shitpost?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:01:16 AM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 03:02:30 AM

Partially OT:

Possibilities:

Bewildered.

Quoting these long posts just drop my merit counts very well.

As for the original dog 🐶 i am making bank mining it as I type.

Can’t complain at all.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:03:34 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

Partially OT:

Possibilities:

Bewildered.

Can’t complain at all.
+1

That was easy.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:05:45 AM

Can’t complain at all.

Why would you complain?

I am sure that you are loving your USD I-bonds too, or whatever you were so excited about in late 2022 with the 5% returns or whatever they were supposed to be guaranteeing you after the lock-up period was over.  You've made a killing on them, right?  #nohomo..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:10:21 AM

[edited out]
+1
Thanks JJG Smiley
 Okay, I'm done.

Edit: Oh shit.  One more of those and my merits will go negative!

Are you trying to make me feel bad for how much time I spent on responding to those guys..   

It sometimes starts to feel repetitive - I will tell you.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:11:54 AM

I quoted a recent JJG post 3 times and my merits plummeted!
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 03:12:13 AM

Partially OT:

Possibilities:

Bewildered.

Can’t complain at all.
+1

That was easy.

how did you drop to negative so quickly? I will have to read your posts.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:15:32 AM

You are making me feel famous or something..

And you know your new official title should be full of shit rather than full of hot air.. .wouldn't that be better?

On a personal level, I was just hoping to drop more "organically."
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:18:05 AM

Partially OT:

Possibilities:

Bewildered.

Why do you feel some kind of need to ascribe more meaning to it?  Yeah, a lot of folks are frustrated with various systems and want to say fuck you to the man, and some of them might know about bitcoin and some of them might not.. so they are going to have fun staying poor if they cannot figure out ways to get in and out and maybe to put some of their profits (that is if they actually are able to get any profits) into something solid like bitcoin rather than riding any particular meme coin for too much and for too long.

Can’t complain at all.
+1

That was easy.

You lose merits by the word so I couldn't think of a better person to quote than JJG who, by the way, I appreciate for the time and effort he puts into his posts; sharing his wisdom freely.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:19:55 AM

And you know your new official title should be full of shit rather than full of hot air.. .wouldn't that be better?

I don't have time for organic tonight.  I have to get to bed... I have peeps coming over tomorrow to finish up some interlock and I have to have the saw rented by 8am Smiley
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 03:20:57 AM

Partially OT:

Possibilities:

Bewildered.

Why do you feel some kind of need to ascribe more meaning to it?  Yeah, a lot of folks are frustrated with various systems and want to say fuck you to the man, and some of them might know about bitcoin and some of them might not.. so they are going to have fun staying poor if they cannot figure out ways to get in and out and maybe to put some of their profits (that is if they actually are able to get any profits) into something solid like bitcoin rather than riding any particular meme coin for too much and for too long.

Can’t complain at all.
+1

That was easy.

You lose merits by the word so I couldn't think of a better person to quote than JJG who, by the way, I appreciate for the time and effort he puts into his posts; sharing his wisdom freely.

Yeah I caught on just took me a while. I have a good chance of getting low maybe negative and it is still march 31st in New Jersey.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2024, 03:26:15 AM

I don't have time for organic tonight.  I have to get to bed... I have peeps coming over tomorrow to finish up some interlock and I have to have the saw rented by 8am Smiley

Now I am Death, the Destroyer of Forums.

Edit: I've achieved AI status Smiley
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2024, 03:29:25 AM

I don't have time for organic tonight.  I have to get to bed... I have peeps coming over tomorrow to finish up some interlock and I have to have the saw rented by 8am Smiley

Now I am Death, the Destroyer of Forums.

Edit: I've achieved AI status Smiley

holy shit how are you doing it so quickly.
Pages: « 1 ... 33163 33164 33165 33166 33167 33168 33169 33170 33171 33172 33173 33174 33175 33176 33177 33178 33179 33180 33181 33182 33183 33184 33185 33186 33187 33188 33189 33190 33191 33192 33193 33194 33195 33196 33197 33198 33199 33200 33201 33202 33203 33204 33205 33206 33207 33208 33209 33210 33211 33212 [33213] 33214 33215 33216 33217 33218 33219 33220 33221 33222 33223 33224 33225 33226 33227 33228 33229 33230 33231 33232 33233 33234 33235 33236 33237 33238 33239 33240 33241 33242 33243 33244 33245 33246 33247 33248 33249 33250 33251 33252 33253 33254 33255 33256 33257 33258 33259 33260 33261 33262 33263 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: