June 25, 2024, 02:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 10223 10224 10225 10226 10227 10228 10229 10230 10231 10232 10233 10234 10235 10236 10237 10238 10239 10240 10241 10242 10243 10244 10245 10246 10247 10248 10249 10250 10251 10252 10253 10254 10255 10256 10257 10258 10259 10260 10261 10262 10263 10264 10265 10266 10267 10268 10269 10270 10271 10272 [10273] 10274 10275 10276 10277 10278 10279 10280 10281 10282 10283 10284 10285 10286 10287 10288 10289 10290 10291 10292 10293 10294 10295 10296 10297 10298 10299 10300 10301 10302 10303 10304 10305 10306 10307 10308 10309 10310 10311 10312 10313 10314 10315 10316 10317 10318 10319 10320 10321 10322 10323 ... 33481 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26406523 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:32:34 PM

Disregard short squeeze. People are not incorrectly reading bad news as though it were good news like they normally do. Bring on the end of the world.

haha
I was waiting for someone to try and spin this further delay and uncertainty surrounding the ETF as good news, but it seems not to be happening. I think they've spotted the snipers in the bushes  Grin

You sir are trying to do the spinning  Roll Eyes

No sir , just calling it how it is  Wink
If I am spinning, please explain to me how further delay of something that people are eagerly anticipating for a boost in prices is positive. Clearly their last submission was not approved or they would not need to submit another one. Clearly this pushes back the timeline.
At best it's neutral if you were not expecting an imminent launch.  

The whole news article was complete misrepresentation and omitted most of the facts. That is spinning ... or just piss poor journalism  Wink

+1

I almost took the author's word for it. Thankfully others took the time to do some proper research.

Bingo! There was a quick spike before people figured out what the news really was. Fortunately, nobody appears to have gotten caught too far out on that limb.
cryyptc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:33:03 PM

//^$500!!!GOGOGOGOO+
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:34:10 PM

Bitcoin bull to the moon in 2015

Aww.. The poor bull thought he's finally going to the moon... He didn't know he wouldn't be able to put his helmet on
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:34:42 PM

please explain to me how further delay of something that people are eagerly anticipating for a boost in prices is positive. Clearly their last submission was not approved or they would not need to submit another one. Clearly this pushes back the timeline.  At best it's neutral if you were not expecting an imminent launch.  

The whole news article was complete misrepresentation and omitted most of the facts. That is spinning ... or just piss poor journalism, probably the latter  Wink

Here is a diff of this latest amended proposal (version 5) and the previous one (version 4):
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2qxgah/diff_of_the_newest_winklevoss_filing_here/

They update some data about the state of bitcoin (e.g. adoption) and change the State where the fund is incorporated, from New York to Delaware.  Would this change improve the chances of approval?

The plan is still to trade the fund on NASDAQ anyway.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:38:10 PM

Aww.. The poor bull thought he's finally going to the moon... He didn't know he wouldn't be able to put his helmet on

B-bull don´t need no helmet for space.

It´s just there for photographic effect.
jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:44:00 PM

Space helmets are for wimps?
Newbie1022

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:46:09 PM

please explain to me how further delay of something that people are eagerly anticipating for a boost in prices is positive. Clearly their last submission was not approved or they would not need to submit another one. Clearly this pushes back the timeline.  At best it's neutral if you were not expecting an imminent launch.  

The whole news article was complete misrepresentation and omitted most of the facts. That is spinning ... or just piss poor journalism, probably the latter  Wink

Here is a diff of this latest amended proposal (version 5) and the previous one (version 4):
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2qxgah/diff_of_the_newest_winklevoss_filing_here/

They update some data about the state of bitcoin (e.g. adoption) and change the State where the fund is incorporated, from New York to Delaware.  Would this change improve the chances of approval?

Could the state change be tied to the licensing issue. Delaware is the traditional state for incorporation so that would normally be neutral, but the fact that they changed it this late in the game suggests something is the matter.
indiemax

Activity: 722

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:49:08 PM

Could the state change be tied to the licensing issue. Delaware is the traditional state for incorporation so that would normally be neutral, but the fact that they changed it this late in the game suggests something is the matter.

yup,they don't like it atm,changes required before approval
Newbie1022

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:51:50 PM

Yea, and that is not a small change at all. That is a structural change, not just shifting a little bit of wording around. Tough to know because we aren't prevue to the discussions, but just my two cents as a lawyer.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:00:18 PM

Explanation
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:01:50 PM

Excellent, top trolling!

Happy New Year, I hope we see a bull run sometime soon. I think there may be one in the second half of 2015.
akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:15:09 PM

indiemax

Activity: 722

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:18:54 PM

Yea, and that is not a small change at all. That is a structural change, not just shifting a little bit of wording around. Tough to know because we aren't prevue to the discussions, but just my two cents as a lawyer.

as you know a couple of words mean a lot,crossing the t's etc, i'm sure they want it to proceed but with what limitations
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:30:01 PM

as you know a couple of words mean a lot,crossing the t's etc, i'm sure they want it to proceed but with what limitations

IMO this change proves the ETF will be approved sooner or later.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:39:00 PM

jertsy

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:39:34 PM

Is the change likely to delay things considerably? The approval process seems to have moved at a glacial pace to date.
Newbie1022

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

How the f--- did you come to that conclusion, exactly? They've fundamentally changed their filing -- they didn't just cross a "t" or dot an "i." No, they subjected themselves to an entirely different state of incorporation at the umpteenth hour. Logical reasoning is not a core criterion for becoming a Bitcoiner, is it?
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:55:44 PM

please explain to me how further delay of something that people are eagerly anticipating for a boost in prices is positive. Clearly their last submission was not approved or they would not need to submit another one. Clearly this pushes back the timeline.  At best it's neutral if you were not expecting an imminent launch.  

They update some data about the state of bitcoin (e.g. adoption) and change the State where the fund is incorporated, from New York to Delaware.  Would this change improve the chances of approval?

How the f--- did you come to that conclusion, exactly? They've fundamentally changed their filing -- they didn't just cross a "t" or dot an "i." No, they subjected themselves to an entirely different state of incorporation at the umpteenth hour. Logical reasoning is not a core criterion for becoming a Bitcoiner, is it?

If the SEC had decided they wouldn't approve a math-based assets ETF they would've made it clear to the Winklevoss instead of suggesting corrections to their filings.

Logic would suggest that no amount of countless lawyers hours at a hefty price should be spent further pursuing a hopeless goal. Clearly the Winks have some indications that following due process their project has a chance and will ultimately be approved.
KFR

Activity: 560

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

Happy New Year everyone.   Cool
jertsy

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:58:51 PM

please explain to me how further delay of something that people are eagerly anticipating for a boost in prices is positive. Clearly their last submission was not approved or they would not need to submit another one. Clearly this pushes back the timeline.  At best it's neutral if you were not expecting an imminent launch.  

They update some data about the state of bitcoin (e.g. adoption) and change the State where the fund is incorporated, from New York to Delaware.  Would this change improve the chances of approval?

If the SEC had decided they wouldn't approve a math-based assets ETF they would've made it clear to the Winklevoss instead of suggesting corrections to their filings.

Logic would suggest that no amount of countless lawyers hours at a hefty price should be spent further pursuing a hopeless goal. Clearly the Winks have some indications that following due process their project has a chance and will ultimately be approved.

I don't like the timing of the revision. Christmas is a good time to bury bad news. I'll wait to find out the reasons behind the revision before making up my mind about its implications.
Pages: « 1 ... 10223 10224 10225 10226 10227 10228 10229 10230 10231 10232 10233 10234 10235 10236 10237 10238 10239 10240 10241 10242 10243 10244 10245 10246 10247 10248 10249 10250 10251 10252 10253 10254 10255 10256 10257 10258 10259 10260 10261 10262 10263 10264 10265 10266 10267 10268 10269 10270 10271 10272 [10273] 10274 10275 10276 10277 10278 10279 10280 10281 10282 10283 10284 10285 10286 10287 10288 10289 10290 10291 10292 10293 10294 10295 10296 10297 10298 10299 10300 10301 10302 10303 10304 10305 10306 10307 10308 10309 10310 10311 10312 10313 10314 10315 10316 10317 10318 10319 10320 10321 10322 10323 ... 33481 »
  Print  

Jump to: