Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:59:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375656 times)
meditations1

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:19:49 AM

The web app interface looks pretty good for a DEX or DEX like app which Bancor is. However, how come there is only Metamask, Parity, and Mist available? I don't mean only really but there should be MEW too no? Because I don't see it I must ask is implementation coming soon for MyEtherWallet?

You can simply import MEW into Metamask. Actually it is recommended by MEW to access through MetaMask because it is safer.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stormfold

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:39:45 AM

Grab a seat in Tron Foundation's Telegram group for a live AMA with Bancor Co-founder Eyal Hertzog TODAY (Feb. 13) at 8:00am PST / 12:00am (midnight) CST

https://t.me/joinchat/GW8P8EK7dhkzOwFmxnuwqA
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:41:04 AM

New wallet UI on the Web App looks great. Really love how the default Display Currency now appears above the token amount. Bancor UX just keeps getting better! :trophy:
BancorAmbassador

Activity: 242
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:02:14 PM

I just use Bancor for the first time to trade some tokens.

I heard that the gas fees are now bearable, ant it is true.

So, I went and buy 5 TaaS with ETH.
Transaction fee was 0.002622635 ETH. A bit high, but bearable.

My problem is that I did not get 5 TaaS, I only get 4.999971 TaaS!
Why is that? What is this fee that was never announced? I thought I only pay gas for the ETH network to process the transaction!

With each token purchased/sold the price of the token itself moves as it is recalculated by the Bancor Protocol. Also, relays with lower liquidity experience greater price slippage.

Bancor is moving to demonstrate more clearly in the UX when a user can expect more or less price slippage.

As tokens join and understand the utility of Bancor, liquidity will increase throughout the network and in individual relays.

We are also continuously working on lowering gas consumption, which will keep making Bancor prices competitive with exchanges where users pay conversion fees and tokens pay listing fees.

Did not understand...

Are you saying that the 4.999971 TaaS instead of 5 TaaS was due to the price move?

Yes. This is due to "price slippage" related to the amount of liquidity in the relay.

Also, it may not be advisable to convert Taas at the moment. Although it appears in the conversion widget, you cannot see the liquidity depth like other tokens that are listed on the front page of the Web App directory.
BancorAmbassador

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:06:27 PM

Updates:

2,500 Free BNT for whoever can hack this wallet! - https://app.demo.bancor.network/discover?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hackme

REMINDER: LIVE AMA w/Bancor Co-founder Eyal Hertzog in TRON Telegram TODAY (Feb. 13) @ 8:00am PST / 12:00am (midnight) CST: https://t.me/joinchat/GW8P8EK7dhkzOwFmxnu
JanuaryN

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:09:11 PM

At the same time three updates have been dropped in here so it is kind hard to check them all at once. I will take them one by one first of all watching video will be suitable to understand what is all about. Then checking the Bancor Web App next of my list. Bancor still sleeping giant and undervalued token of the time.

Thanks for your support, Pumz! Feel free to ask any questions you have, or drop in to https://t.me/bancor to join the chat.
BancorAmbassador

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:05:54 PM

The web app interface looks pretty good for a DEX or DEX like app which Bancor is. However, how come there is only Metamask, Parity, and Mist available? I don't mean only really but there should be MEW too no? Because I don't see it I must ask is implementation coming soon for MyEtherWallet?

Unfortunately, MEW does not yet support Web3. You can only hold your BNT there, but not use it to convert to other tokens via the Web App.
Check out this blog post that explains how to connect your MEW to MetaMask:
https://blog.bancor.network/connecting-myetherwallet-to-metamask-e7f3f28fddc8
obsbtc

Activity: 1330
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:18:31 PM

SHP Token (Sharpe Capital) now LIVE in the Bancor Network:

https://www.bancor.network/communities/5a37b35d4f1311000100bc1e/currency

The Cryptoclast

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:39:43 PM

The Bancor’s Sinks Or How To Lose 4600 Dollars in a Single Transaction

Hi all,

First of all, I have been a strong supporter of the Bancor project since its beginning in June 2017. The Bancor team has indeed conducted a very good job by developing their partnerships and launching new features every month. However, I wanted to share my recent and unfortunate experience using the new Bancor Webapp.

On January 15th, I decided to jump on the opportunity of seeing the Binance Coin (BNB) joining the Bancor Network through a new Token Relay that connect BNB with BNT (Bancor’s token). I had previously bought 3 206.27 BNT (28 400 dollars based on the January 15th average exchange rate). That first transaction went very well through the Bancor Webapp. I indeed converted my ethers (ETH) into BNT in a simple click for only 8 dollars of gas price. At that time, my 23 ETH I had converted into BNT were still worthing 23 ETH once converted into 3206,27 BNT a few seconds after. Back on January 15th, I used the same process to have my total BNT balance converted into BNB. I was confident that the webapp would run perfectly well and the exchange rate announced on the Bancor webapp confirmation screen was matching the market based rate of the BNB/ETH on the Binance exchange website. I thought that it would be more efficient to use my BNT to buy BNB rather than going through an exchange. Indeed, it is the fundamental purpose of the Bancor Network to allow any smart Token to be converted into any other Token connected through Token Relays and the BNT connector. I proceeded the transaction after checking the advanced settings with a BNB default price limit of 5% which I confirmed.

Once the transaction confirmed on etherscan.io, I checked my new balance of 1 215.37 BNB in exchange for my 3 206.27 BNT. At that moment, I was really amazed by how fast and how easy it was to convert my BNT tokens into another Smart Token thanks to the ‘magic’ of the Bancor Protocol. BUT I checked how much my 1215.37 BNB worthed based on the current market price… only 23 830 dollars ! It took me like 30 seconds to accept that idea that my 28 400 dollars of BNT became 23 830 dollars once converted into BNB. I just lost 4 600 dollars in a single transaction (16,2% of the initial amount !) …
I can tell you that was of course extremely painful. I am a student that invested a good part of his savings and I just lost 4600 dollars not on a market dump, but due to the Bancor Protocol.

Here is my transaction concerned on etherscan.io:
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x81e18be561a076f392ec10bbd309ac6647f54df6a0a7636c3e4e180568a2e829

I spent hours understanding how I just ended up with that loss. My first thought was to check how it would cost me to have my 1 215.37 BNB converted back into BNT through the same Bancor webapp. I checked again the exchange rate proposed by the webapp. It seemed again OK to me compared to the Binance market price. But when I typed the amount of BNB I wanted to transfer, I then saw that the exchange rate changed a bit. However, that small price change was enough to lose another 3500 dollars in the transaction. If I had proceeded the second transaction, I would have lost a total amount of roughly 7 100 dollars (based on the January 15th market prices)… The worst transaction cost you could ever imagine.

It took me a while to investigate on my own and understand how the Bancor Procotol made me lose 4 600 dollars and how I escaped from suffering another 3 500 dollars loss.
Actually, the Bancor team is releasing every week new partnerships and Token Relays to develop the Bancor network. That is indeed a good thing to sustain the project on the long run. However, when a brand new Token Relay  is put online, the Bancor Protocol price discovery is not reacting in the same way that we can experience it when we trade BNT with the same Bancor Procotol. In the situation of a new Token Relay smart contract, the “connectors”, which means the Tokens balance backing the Token Relay is at a far lower level that the amount of ETH backing the BNT. When you proceed a transaction, the more token you send to the new Token Relay smart contract and the more the exchange rate is rising up sharply in one single transaction. The price volatility in one single transaction is barely seen when people are sending for example ETH to get BNT because the amount of ETH backing the BNT is huge (currently 45 000 ETH ). It would require a huge amount of BNT or ETH to have the same price volatility in one transaction.

Maybe all that mechanism is very familiar when you read the Bancor whitepaper and you thoroughly understood the deep implications of the Bancor Protocol. But even for an enlightened user who got the Big idea from the Bancor project, you can easily be fooled by the Bancor webapp.

My unfortunate experience made me remember a blog post from the Ethereum founder, Vitalik Buterin, tackling the token price discovery issue (https://vitalik.ca/general/2017/10/17/moe.html). According to him, if a token does not have any sinks, meaning a way to hold a part of the Token total balance in order to make it disappear, the Token value may be extremely unstable. The Bancor Protocol is using the connector (previously called Reserve Token) as a sink. However, the Bancor type of sink is much more pernicious than any other type of sinks. The Binance team is for example cash burning every quarter a part of the total BNB supply to keep the token value rising up. In the case of the Bancor Protocol, we can find the equivalent of the cash burn in its price discovery mechanism.
If you send for example 3000 BNT to get BNB tokens, the Bancor Protocol will divide the 3000 BNT balance in an infinite quantity of transactions. It means that each of those transaction will be traded at a slightly different price. On the buyer side, it means that you will get in each transaction less BNB for 1 BNT. And the less the Token reserve balance of the smartcontract is important, the less you will get BNB for each BNT you are selling in my example.
The Bancor sinks are the cost of a constant token liquidity. There is no magic solution. It is a just a way to deal with the Token valuation issue and the double coincidence of wants.

My main feedback on the Bancor Protocol and webapp :

-   The Bancor Protocol clearly disincentivizes people from trading big amounts of tokens relatively to the Token Reserve/connector balance. It also disincentivizes Bancor users from exchanging different tokens on a daily basis to limit their total loss due to the Bancor sinks taxing each of their transactions. It is maybe another explanation of the poor BNT performance since its last ICO in last June ?
-   The Bancor webapp should CLEARLY warn the user when the exchange rate volatility is very high to avoid any huge loss compared to the current market price (specifically if the token is traded on a public exchange).
-    The Bancor webapp user should be warned that the default settings for the price limit in the Bancor webapp is not the real one. The default price limit is 5% in the webapp. But the price considered for these settings is the final price, AFTER the Bancor Protocol impacted it. Indeed, the price computed by the Bancor Protocol is based on the amount of Token you want to trade, the Reserve Token balance or "connector" and the Token Relay balance. You cannot put a limit price on it by definition. The webapp only allow you to fix a price limit for the price already processed by the Bancor Protocol. It is indeed another way to be fooled by the webapp...And it made me lose 4600 dollars. Because if it was a real 5% limit price like on an exchange, I would not have lost all that money (16% of the initial amount !)
-    The webapp is not transparent about all the different factors that can impact the exchange rate of your transaction. If a common user has to fight to get all the information needed (Reserve Token balance, Token Relay Balance etc.), have the ability to correctly understand it and not directly rely on the 5% default price limit in the webapp settings, all that is not in favor of the Bancor network democratization that the Bancor team is claiming to look for.
-   The Bancor team should create a real typology of Tokens connected to the Bancor network. It is indeed important to differentiate the tokens that are already traded on crypto exchanges from the one which are only available using the Bancor Protocol. The Webapp users would see easily if they can accept to lose money from the Bancor sinks (the cost of the liquidity) because the tokens are not or rarely traded anywhere else. It would be like an arbitrage facilitator feature in the webapp.
-   The Bancor project is aiming at emerging the long tail of the local currencies/tokens. In the white paper, they compare it with Youtube that enabled millions of people to share their video production to the rest of the world. The comparison is interesting but they seemed to forget that the Bancor sinks are actually another hidden cost that can be very painful for poorly funded smartcontract’s Tokens reserve. And the thousands of local tokens in the cryptoworld are by definition poorly funded, which implies a huge price volatility with inflated transactions costs if they are traded with the Bancor Protocol. The Bancor Protocol mastered the liquidity and the double coincidence of wants issues but not the transaction cost like Youtube did for its users. The entry barriers are still there.
-   I contacted the Bancor team right after my unfortunate experience on January 15th. They answered me back the following day writing “First of all, thank you for your support! Let us look into this and we will get back to you as soon as possible.” It seems that they did not find it interesting because they never answered me back, even after I emailed them again multiple times on that issue… I lost several months of intern compensation, I just desired at least to have their own opinion on these Bancor sinks to help them on their project. Very sad.

Sorry for the long post, I had a lot to share. I hope it will help the Bancor Project to really take off and scale.

Why would you have to apologize for your long post? We should be thankful to your long post since it has outlined a problem that nobody is probably aware of, so your experience can be very helpful to many others. I think it would be in the best interest of the Bancor project if the Bancor team would become aware of such problems existing in connection with their protocol. If the "discovery of the price" mechanism is discovering a price which is so much different from the market price, I'd say that there could be a little problem.

Yes it is a problem that should be tackled quickly. I just read another post on r/bancor with another Bancor user facing a huge loss when trading his tokens with the Bancor Web App. Fortunately, he saw the problem before proceeding the transaction and decided to send his tokens on an exchange to avoid Bancor Protocol sinks.
Let's hope the Bancor team will react soon.

It looks like the Bancor team doesn't care at all to address this issue with the community. Time has passed and no statement has been done on this regard. This is not good. It looks like a serious issue and the team's silence on this is not a good sign.

BancorAmbassador

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:46:37 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 12:19:09 PM by BancorAmbassador

Sharpe Capital (SHP) is now live on the Bancor Network - https://www.bancor.network/communities/5a37b35d4f1311000100bc1e/currency
Manur_0223

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:48:31 PM

How can we be sure the system is protected from hackers?
kosaet
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:22:11 PM

I think ledger and trezor support in the near future is a must: people are inevitably (even though Bancor is not a DEX) gonna compare it to kyber and other projects of that sort.
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:55:04 PM

I think ledger and trezor support in the near future is a must: people are inevitably (even though Bancor is not a DEX) gonna compare it to kyber and other projects of that sort.

The difference is always there, but for the bancor should be more than that, I've been following the bancor for a long time and this is the time for them to show it.
jnet1.co

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:45:05 PM

It seems that the price of Bancor will continue to rise and there is no reason to sell, instead I will continue to buy BNT because it will be a profitable coin. Good luck!
vladivostokom

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:47:10 AM

I would like to know more about this project, and waiting for some info the most accurate one!thanks;ill folow Wink
BancorAmbassador

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:31:54 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 11:45:56 AM by BancorAmbassador

The Bancor’s Sinks Or How To Lose 4600 Dollars in a Single Transaction

Hi all,

First of all, I have been a strong supporter of the Bancor project since its beginning in June 2017. The Bancor team has indeed conducted a very good job by developing their partnerships and launching new features every month. However, I wanted to share my recent and unfortunate experience using the new Bancor Webapp.

On January 15th, I decided to jump on the opportunity of seeing the Binance Coin (BNB) joining the Bancor Network through a new Token Relay that connect BNB with BNT (Bancor’s token). I had previously bought 3 206.27 BNT (28 400 dollars based on the January 15th average exchange rate). That first transaction went very well through the Bancor Webapp. I indeed converted my ethers (ETH) into BNT in a simple click for only 8 dollars of gas price. At that time, my 23 ETH I had converted into BNT were still worthing 23 ETH once converted into 3206,27 BNT a few seconds after. Back on January 15th, I used the same process to have my total BNT balance converted into BNB. I was confident that the webapp would run perfectly well and the exchange rate announced on the Bancor webapp confirmation screen was matching the market based rate of the BNB/ETH on the Binance exchange website. I thought that it would be more efficient to use my BNT to buy BNB rather than going through an exchange. Indeed, it is the fundamental purpose of the Bancor Network to allow any smart Token to be converted into any other Token connected through Token Relays and the BNT connector. I proceeded the transaction after checking the advanced settings with a BNB default price limit of 5% which I confirmed.

Once the transaction confirmed on etherscan.io, I checked my new balance of 1 215.37 BNB in exchange for my 3 206.27 BNT. At that moment, I was really amazed by how fast and how easy it was to convert my BNT tokens into another Smart Token thanks to the ‘magic’ of the Bancor Protocol. BUT I checked how much my 1215.37 BNB worthed based on the current market price… only 23 830 dollars ! It took me like 30 seconds to accept that idea that my 28 400 dollars of BNT became 23 830 dollars once converted into BNB. I just lost 4 600 dollars in a single transaction (16,2% of the initial amount !) …
I can tell you that was of course extremely painful. I am a student that invested a good part of his savings and I just lost 4600 dollars not on a market dump, but due to the Bancor Protocol.

Here is my transaction concerned on etherscan.io:
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x81e18be561a076f392ec10bbd309ac6647f54df6a0a7636c3e4e180568a2e829

I spent hours understanding how I just ended up with that loss. My first thought was to check how it would cost me to have my 1 215.37 BNB converted back into BNT through the same Bancor webapp. I checked again the exchange rate proposed by the webapp. It seemed again OK to me compared to the Binance market price. But when I typed the amount of BNB I wanted to transfer, I then saw that the exchange rate changed a bit. However, that small price change was enough to lose another 3500 dollars in the transaction. If I had proceeded the second transaction, I would have lost a total amount of roughly 7 100 dollars (based on the January 15th market prices)… The worst transaction cost you could ever imagine.

It took me a while to investigate on my own and understand how the Bancor Procotol made me lose 4 600 dollars and how I escaped from suffering another 3 500 dollars loss.
Actually, the Bancor team is releasing every week new partnerships and Token Relays to develop the Bancor network. That is indeed a good thing to sustain the project on the long run. However, when a brand new Token Relay  is put online, the Bancor Protocol price discovery is not reacting in the same way that we can experience it when we trade BNT with the same Bancor Procotol. In the situation of a new Token Relay smart contract, the “connectors”, which means the Tokens balance backing the Token Relay is at a far lower level that the amount of ETH backing the BNT. When you proceed a transaction, the more token you send to the new Token Relay smart contract and the more the exchange rate is rising up sharply in one single transaction. The price volatility in one single transaction is barely seen when people are sending for example ETH to get BNT because the amount of ETH backing the BNT is huge (currently 45 000 ETH ). It would require a huge amount of BNT or ETH to have the same price volatility in one transaction.

Maybe all that mechanism is very familiar when you read the Bancor whitepaper and you thoroughly understood the deep implications of the Bancor Protocol. But even for an enlightened user who got the Big idea from the Bancor project, you can easily be fooled by the Bancor webapp.

My unfortunate experience made me remember a blog post from the Ethereum founder, Vitalik Buterin, tackling the token price discovery issue (https://vitalik.ca/general/2017/10/17/moe.html). According to him, if a token does not have any sinks, meaning a way to hold a part of the Token total balance in order to make it disappear, the Token value may be extremely unstable. The Bancor Protocol is using the connector (previously called Reserve Token) as a sink. However, the Bancor type of sink is much more pernicious than any other type of sinks. The Binance team is for example cash burning every quarter a part of the total BNB supply to keep the token value rising up. In the case of the Bancor Protocol, we can find the equivalent of the cash burn in its price discovery mechanism.
If you send for example 3000 BNT to get BNB tokens, the Bancor Protocol will divide the 3000 BNT balance in an infinite quantity of transactions. It means that each of those transaction will be traded at a slightly different price. On the buyer side, it means that you will get in each transaction less BNB for 1 BNT. And the less the Token reserve balance of the smartcontract is important, the less you will get BNB for each BNT you are selling in my example.
The Bancor sinks are the cost of a constant token liquidity. There is no magic solution. It is a just a way to deal with the Token valuation issue and the double coincidence of wants.

My main feedback on the Bancor Protocol and webapp :

-   The Bancor Protocol clearly disincentivizes people from trading big amounts of tokens relatively to the Token Reserve/connector balance. It also disincentivizes Bancor users from exchanging different tokens on a daily basis to limit their total loss due to the Bancor sinks taxing each of their transactions. It is maybe another explanation of the poor BNT performance since its last ICO in last June ?
-   The Bancor webapp should CLEARLY warn the user when the exchange rate volatility is very high to avoid any huge loss compared to the current market price (specifically if the token is traded on a public exchange).
-    The Bancor webapp user should be warned that the default settings for the price limit in the Bancor webapp is not the real one. The default price limit is 5% in the webapp. But the price considered for these settings is the final price, AFTER the Bancor Protocol impacted it. Indeed, the price computed by the Bancor Protocol is based on the amount of Token you want to trade, the Reserve Token balance or "connector" and the Token Relay balance. You cannot put a limit price on it by definition. The webapp only allow you to fix a price limit for the price already processed by the Bancor Protocol. It is indeed another way to be fooled by the webapp...And it made me lose 4600 dollars. Because if it was a real 5% limit price like on an exchange, I would not have lost all that money (16% of the initial amount !)
-    The webapp is not transparent about all the different factors that can impact the exchange rate of your transaction. If a common user has to fight to get all the information needed (Reserve Token balance, Token Relay Balance etc.), have the ability to correctly understand it and not directly rely on the 5% default price limit in the webapp settings, all that is not in favor of the Bancor network democratization that the Bancor team is claiming to look for.
-   The Bancor team should create a real typology of Tokens connected to the Bancor network. It is indeed important to differentiate the tokens that are already traded on crypto exchanges from the one which are only available using the Bancor Protocol. The Webapp users would see easily if they can accept to lose money from the Bancor sinks (the cost of the liquidity) because the tokens are not or rarely traded anywhere else. It would be like an arbitrage facilitator feature in the webapp.
-   The Bancor project is aiming at emerging the long tail of the local currencies/tokens. In the white paper, they compare it with Youtube that enabled millions of people to share their video production to the rest of the world. The comparison is interesting but they seemed to forget that the Bancor sinks are actually another hidden cost that can be very painful for poorly funded smartcontract’s Tokens reserve. And the thousands of local tokens in the cryptoworld are by definition poorly funded, which implies a huge price volatility with inflated transactions costs if they are traded with the Bancor Protocol. The Bancor Protocol mastered the liquidity and the double coincidence of wants issues but not the transaction cost like Youtube did for its users. The entry barriers are still there.
-   I contacted the Bancor team right after my unfortunate experience on January 15th. They answered me back the following day writing “First of all, thank you for your support! Let us look into this and we will get back to you as soon as possible.” It seems that they did not find it interesting because they never answered me back, even after I emailed them again multiple times on that issue… I lost several months of intern compensation, I just desired at least to have their own opinion on these Bancor sinks to help them on their project. Very sad.

Sorry for the long post, I had a lot to share. I hope it will help the Bancor Project to really take off and scale.

Why would you have to apologize for your long post? We should be thankful to your long post since it has outlined a problem that nobody is probably aware of, so your experience can be very helpful to many others. I think it would be in the best interest of the Bancor project if the Bancor team would become aware of such problems existing in connection with their protocol. If the "discovery of the price" mechanism is discovering a price which is so much different from the market price, I'd say that there could be a little problem.

Yes it is a problem that should be tackled quickly. I just read another post on r/bancor with another Bancor user facing a huge loss when trading his tokens with the Bancor Web App. Fortunately, he saw the problem before proceeding the transaction and decided to send his tokens on an exchange to avoid Bancor Protocol sinks.
Let's hope the Bancor team will react soon.

It looks like the Bancor team doesn't care at all to address this issue with the community. Time has passed and no statement has been done on this regard. This is not good. It looks like a serious issue and the team's silence on this is not a good sign.

We take this matter very seriously, have addressed it and took the following action:

— Immediately contacted this user and resolved things directly with them.
 — Updated our Web App to include liquidity depth on the discover page to give a better sense of potential price slippage before any transaction is made.
 — Implemented a new ticketing system to improve our support response times and efficiency. This will ensure that no emails get left behind.
 — Initiated plans to add even more language and clarity to the transaction confirmation page with potential price slippage estimates.

Thanks for your concern and continued support!
BancorAmbassador

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:47:39 AM

UPDATES:

Subscribe to Bancor's Newsletter to get updates before anyone else: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScr-5XCQ0xrCTEepC5F_-mt6lWGa-BY7xlylIGmm6V9Ui36PQ/viewform

Amulet Announces Adoption of the Bancor Protocol for Decentralized Token Liquidity: https://medium.com/@amuletplatform/amulet-announces-adoption-of-the-bancor-protocol-for-decentralized-token-liquidity-9d13bc562304
BancorAmbassador

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:55:53 AM

I would like to know more about this project, and waiting for some info the most accurate one!thanks;ill folow Wink

Hey vladivostokom, Bancor is actually a Decentralized Liquidity Network, which enables seamless automated conversion of tokens without an exchange.

You can check out the Bancor Web App here: https://www.bancor.network/discover

... and follow these tutorials on how to buy/sell and convert tokens on Bancor with Metamask here:

https://steemit.com/bancor/@bancor-network/4gurrp-how-to-use-the-bancor-web-app
https://youtu.be/VVX9BhFFvtI

We also encourage you to join our Telegram channels:

https://t.me/bancor - main channel
https://t.me/bancornews - official announcements
https://t.me/bancortraders - trading discussion

Here are some more useful resources:

Medium https://blog.bancor.network/
Twitter https://twitter.com/Bancor
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bancor/
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/BancorProtocol
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/bancornetwork/
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/17986744/
Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Bancor/
Steemit https://steemit.com/@bancor-network
GitHub https://github.com/bancorprotocol/contracts

Please let us know if you have any specific questions.
BancorAmbassador

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:04:24 PM

How can we be sure the system is protected from hackers?

Security is our #1 priority at Bancor. We are currently completing the final security audit of our upcoming Bancor Wallet that will enable simple token conversions with no additional external software.

We have encouraged the community to take part in the HackMe Bounty Challenge to see what insights we receive on remaining vulnerabilities, in parallel with our final external security audit.

Check out the HackMe challenge in the Bancor demo environment here: https://app.demo.bancor.network/discover

mexi.db

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:25:04 PM

Yet another project to join the Bancor Network: Amulet is an easy-to-use crypto trading platform that teaches you how to trade. Read the full press releasehttp://bit.ly/AmuletBancor
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: