Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:56:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 465 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MOBILEGO Crowdfund [$53 Million] - Decentralized Mobile Gaming Solutions  (Read 406955 times)
Jack Kuveke (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:36:40 PM

I agree with this. First have your product ready then start throwing money into marketing.

@Jack I have a question though. Did you keep the ICO money in cryptos or did you cash it out to fiat? I presume/hope that you left a big part in cryptos. If yes, how much is that worth now? An estimate would do, just so that investors know your book value and can compare it to your marketcap...

Marketing products before they come out is standard for companies like google and microsoft. But we're not that big. These are products that for the most part have never really existed. A crypto wagering app, crypto betting app for tournaments, mobile store that uses cryptocurrency, etc. None of these exist. So to promote them before they exist, get potentially hundreds of thousands of people to get ready for release, and then release only to have some design or aspect that people hate is terrible. Then it will cost 5 times more just to correct a bad taste in peoples mouths because we didn't take the proper time to beta test and get user feedback, and more gradually and consistently grow our userbase. And this decision of ours wasn't just made by a bunch of people who have never released tech projects. Not only did our team members (with collective dozens of years of experience building companies) come to this decision, but many outside professionals and friends agreed.

We sold a number of the coins like most of our ETH and ANS (now NEO) not too long after we distributed the funds. We hold our bitcoin, waves, and game. Estimated it's around 100 million or so. We didn't grab NEO at the top, but we got ETH pretty close to the top I believe. Like we said at the beginning, regardless of what are funds are ever worth we will use them for what we promised.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jack Kuveke (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:38:27 PM

Marketing products before they come out is standard for companies like google and microsoft. But we're not that big. These are products that for the most part have never really existed. A crypto wagering app, crypto betting app for tournaments, mobile store that uses cryptocurrency, etc. None of these exist. So to promote them before they exist, get potentially hundreds of thousands of people to get ready for release, and then release only to have some design or aspect that people hate is terrible. Then it will cost 5 times more just to correct a bad taste in peoples mouths because we didn't take the proper time to beta test and get user feedback, and more gradually and consistently grow our userbase. And this decision of ours wasn't just made by a bunch of people who have never released tech projects. Not only did our team members (with collective dozens of years of experience building companies) come to this decision, but many outside professionals and friends agreed.

do you have any release milestones?

Release milestones without dates? Yes. A couple of our upcoming milestones are a major store update, the release of our wagering app, the release of our unity SDK, a couple partnerships, and the public release of our betting app. Some milestones are not public yet.
the-bitcoiner

Activity: 153
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 04:46:16 PM

Keep up great work!
davemonney

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:53:01 PM

great project looking forward to it Smiley
the-bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 05:29:21 PM

Release milestones without dates? Yes. A couple of our upcoming milestones are a major store update, the release of our wagering app, the release of our unity SDK, a couple partnerships, and the public release of our betting app. Some milestones are not public yet.
Thanks for answers!
A few more questions:

1.Looks like there is no progress for developing/promoting Pixel Wars. Any plans for this game? Or it's not strategical for you?
2. What is the difference between wagering and betting apps?
Jack Kuveke (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:16:30 PM

Thanks for answers!
A few more questions:

1.Looks like there is no progress for developing/promoting Pixel Wars. Any plans for this game? Or it's not strategical for you?

There has been plenty of progress on Pixel Wars. New versions of the app have been released as frequently as twice a week. And I've actually been working with a twitch marketing platform called PowerSpike to promote Pixel Wars in areas of soft launch (the app is soft launch in Scandinavian countries like Sweden, Norway, and Finland available on the app store). Using PowerSpike we will be getting feedback from unbiased and a diverse set of gamers and a couple twitch influencers to see at what parts of the game users are more likely to engage. We may have not been publicly advertising updates like these, but major development with pixel wars is happening. Sergey and our guys at Datcroft put cumulative years of work into that. But you'll hear more in the future.

Betting and wagering are quite different. Most crypto projects involved in esports are focusing on betting. Meaning you bet on the outcome of an ESL match or another esports tournament. That means you're viewing the match. Wagering on the otherhand is buying in to a tournament and earning money based on winning or coming in lead in the tournament. You can also wager on the outcome of a single match. For example, in the future 100 players may participate in a Pixel Wars tournament. They each put 5 MGO into a contract to enter the tournament, and the winner of the tournament is awarded 500 MGO. Wagering in essence opens up the world of esports to millions of more people who aren't just professional gamers.
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:48:26 PM

Did they started to spend/selling the 50 million raised?

The 50 million what they collected is a lot more worth atm.
Of course they spend some of that funds. Developers don't work for free.
MobileGo's developers still working, I have see they still update announcement every month. MobileGo and GameCredit are partner, so I think this project for long term will be good than for short term. Of course, current price of this token can make some investors disappointed.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
the-bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:53:21 PM

There has been plenty of progress on Pixel Wars. New versions of the app have been released as frequently as twice a week. And I've actually been working with a twitch marketing platform called PowerSpike to promote Pixel Wars in areas of soft launch (the app is soft launch in Scandinavian countries like Sweden, Norway, and Finland available on the app store). Using PowerSpike we will be getting feedback from unbiased and a diverse set of gamers and a couple twitch influencers to see at what parts of the game users are more likely to engage. We may have not been publicly advertising updates like these, but major development with pixel wars is happening. Sergey and our guys at Datcroft put cumulative years of work into that. But you'll hear more in the future.

Betting and wagering are quite different. Most crypto projects involved in esports are focusing on betting. Meaning you bet on the outcome of an ESL match or another esports tournament. That means you're viewing the match. Wagering on the otherhand is buying in to a tournament and earning money based on winning or coming in lead in the tournament. You can also wager on the outcome of a single match. For example, in the future 100 players may participate in a Pixel Wars tournament. They each put 5 MGO into a contract to enter the tournament, and the winner of the tournament is awarded 500 MGO. Wagering in essence opens up the world of esports to millions of more people who aren't just professional gamers.

OMG, this is just incredible.

P.S. By the way, I could volunteerly help gnation market itself and move forward.
Do you have any work for folks like me?
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:31:08 PM

Thanks for answers!
A few more questions:

Hello Jack. Tell me please - Construct and the games created on it will be in the project? Or is it fiction and not even worth hoping for?

someonesomeone

Activity: 933

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:10:25 PM

Thanks Jack! Looking forward to seeing you guys hit those milestones that you mentioned in the other post. Those apps could be huge!

I agree with this. First have your product ready then start throwing money into marketing.

@Jack I have a question though. Did you keep the ICO money in cryptos or did you cash it out to fiat? I presume/hope that you left a big part in cryptos. If yes, how much is that worth now? An estimate would do, just so that investors know your book value and can compare it to your marketcap...

We sold a number of the coins like most of our ETH and ANS (now NEO) not too long after we distributed the funds. We hold our bitcoin, waves, and game. Estimated it's around 100 million or so. We didn't grab NEO at the top, but we got ETH pretty close to the top I believe. Like we said at the beginning, regardless of what are funds are ever worth we will use them for what we promised.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:10:35 AM

well, I suppose that this coin always holds for $ 1, but seeing the current low price makes me think that it is getting worse. I always hope that the price of this MGO will rise above $ 1. well, I guess many expect it to happen if we see from the success of this project.
12inchMom

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

I am Joe Blow, the lover man! You should pay me.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:23:33 AM

seriously WTF. My 2BTC investment is worth 2600. That's 12gs i could have had in my pocket. i still love the platform. actually it's amazing but WTF, i can feed my kids with your beautiful platform. am jk but really WTF.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
12inchMom

Activity: 322

I am Joe Blow, the lover man! You should pay me.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:29:14 AM

By the way, why can't we just swap this coin to ERC-20. make life easier on everyone. If we had gotten into Bittrex as intended, life would probably be great in MGO sphere right about now.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Jack Kuveke (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:41:23 AM

By the way, why can't we just swap this coin to ERC-20. make life easier on everyone. If we had gotten into Bittrex as intended, life would probably be great in MGO sphere right about now.

As we've explained in the past, Bittrex upgraded to ERC223. So moving to ERC20 (which would mean redistributing all tokens to all holders, which I assure you would not make anyone's life easier) makes no sense. What has delayed us are the recent SEC regulations and the increased difficulty to list on US exchanges. We're working with our legal team, speaking with bittrex as frequently as possible, to figure out what we can do to expedite exchange listing. Although we have no public ETA.
Chiraag001

Activity: 264

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:23:46 AM

As we've explained in the past, Bittrex upgraded to ERC223. So moving to ERC20 (which would mean redistributing all tokens to all holders, which I assure you would not make anyone's life easier) makes no sense. What has delayed us are the recent SEC regulations and the increased difficulty to list on US exchanges. We're working with our legal team, speaking with bittrex as frequently as possible, to figure out what we can do to expedite exchange listing. Although we have no public ETA.

Is the buy-back angle the problem here?
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:47:24 AM

Is the buy-back angle the problem here?
most likely but its important to alot of people who own this coin long term that the buyback stays. But ya id like to hear if this is the main concern from trex side

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:07:45 AM

Readed that the audit of the esports application is almost done, when it is released is it also useable to test and try the application.

oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:51:03 AM

Readed that the audit of the esports application is almost done, when it is released is it also useable to test and try the application.
id like to see once this esports app is usable and you can place bets, the team pay one of those twitch gamers using the app to place bets on gamers in a tournament some of those twitch users have like a million followers, that would be some good marketing in my opinion.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
jpdorn

Activity: 429
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:39:25 PM

I asked about the money, because with BCH and BTG forks, the amount of assets must have increased a lot in value. Can you weigh in @Jack Kuveke?
2andahalfBTC

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:12:55 PM

Thank you for the answer. Unity seems very big. Shocked

Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 465 »
  Print  

Jump to: