Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:04:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multipool - the pool mining pool (with source code)  (Read 48209 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 01:48:24 AM

Once new rounds start to get confirmed from bitcoinpool (so I know where the brokenness starts/stops), I'll tally up your 'broken' shares and pay out at Deepbit's PPS rate.  Sound fair?

More than fair, since we all know it is a beta project.
I call it generous!

It wont make you rich, but it will earn you the right to think good of yourself.

Quite fair.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 01:50:16 AM

BTW, is Eligius-EU going to the new eligius pool?

nick5429

Activity: 79
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:02:48 AM

Can you update me on what's changing with Eligius (or point me somewhere that summarizes)?

I have on my to-do list: "Something's changing with Eligius??"

:-)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 02:52:20 AM

Can you update me on what's changing with Eligius (or point me somewhere that summarizes)?

I have on my to-do list: "Something's changing with Eligius??"

:-)

Basically, if you're aimed at  http://mining.eligius.st:8337 instead of http://eu.mining.eligius.st:8337 you'll be fine. There's no more us and eu servers from what I've read, and the payout has been revamped so as to be hopper proof - they aim to have efficiency of 1.0 for all comers. As handy a backup as solo I guess.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6667.msg97375#msg97375

nick5429

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 04:44:51 AM

Basically, if you're aimed at  http://mining.eligius.st:8337 instead of http://eu.mining.eligius.st:8337 you'll be fine. There's no more us and eu servers from what I've read, and the payout has been revamped so as to be hopper proof - they aim to have efficiency of 1.0 for all comers. As handy a backup as solo I guess.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6667.msg97375#msg97375

Thanks for the info.  For the time being, I took eligius out of the rotation until I can make sure it's going to work right (and, from the sound of it, adjust the utility function).

It appeared from eligius stats that despite pointing to eligius-eu, the very few shares Multiclone submitted were being routed okay to the new system.
Folax

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 08:12:31 AM

I'll pay out for these bitcoinpool shares from my personal wallet.  Either way, bitcoinpool won't be paying me/the Multiclone pool, but I'll do what I can to make it right.

Once new rounds start to get confirmed from bitcoinpool (so I know where the brokenness starts/stops), I'll tally up your 'broken' shares and pay out at Deepbit's PPS rate.  Sound fair?
I would say that is very generous and would be ok with me if you decide not to do this.

My GF thinks I'm useless, if you think otherwise and can proof it to her, please do so and donate:
14wG6u2bAD9q1nLmLL9MST1ZzbTE9Pt8nG
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:01:15 AM

There's no more us and eu servers from what I've read, and the payout has been revamped so as to be hopper proof
how is it hopper-proof? Why is joining at the beginning of a block NOT going to give you better efficiency under their new system?
rb2k

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

how is it hopper-proof? Why is joining at the beginning of a block NOT going to give you better efficiency under their new system?

You could just read about it on their website: http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Shared_Maximum_PPS
OCedHrt

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 11:11:43 AM

You could just read about it on their website: http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Shared_Maximum_PPS

I don't get how that is hopper-proof. It seems to just compensate for invalid blocks when the pool would not have funds to pay out for shares?

ALL.ME  ●●●  SOCIAL NETWORK OF THE BLOCKCHAIN TIME ●●●
▄▄▄▬▬▄▄▄  Bounty all.me ▶ Jan 29th - May 8th 2018  ▄▄▄▬▬▄▄▄
Facebook   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Telegram
roos

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:10:05 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2011, 12:23:07 PM by roos

Thanks for this great effort. Both for multipool and multiclone.
Looks like it is coming off great, i now have 2000 shares on multiclone with an eff of 1.5 and 10000 more pending after 36h with 430Mh/s. There is still a lot of solo going on though.

Three questions:

1. Can one use more than one worker on the same payoutaddress without issues?

2. All my shares on bitcoins.lc and bitmine are still pending after 36h. Bitcoins.lc pays out immedieatly after a block is found, howcome its so slow on multiclone?

3. How big is multiclone now, is there a way to see the total hash power?

/roos

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nick5429

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:05:45 PM

There is still a lot of solo going on though.
I tried to tweak some things to decrease the amount of solo, but it's hard to tell if it helped.  I'm hesitant to remove solo entirely, as it's used to help prevent 'naughty' miners from trying to launch DOS attacks.  Overall since the pool reboot last night, the total number of shares to solo is only ~1.4% of the shares submitted.  It just looks like a lot in the interface, since it seems like I get just a small handful of solo shares each round, so there are a lot of table rows.  Whereas with the 'real' pools, you tend to get lots of shares for each round Multiclone decides it's profitable to participate in.

I'm not sure about this one. Let's let Multipool reply.

2. All my shares on bitcoins.lc and bitmine are still pending after 36h. Bitcoins.lc pays out immedieatly after a block is found, howcome its so slow on multiclone?

As someone pointed out earlier, Bitcoins.lc doesn't have a rewards function written for it yet, but it's been pretty profitable so I kept it in the rotation.  So all the Bitcoins.lc shares will stay pending until I get around to writing the rewards function Smiley  

It looks like there's an error in the log indicating that Bitmine's rewards function is failing too, so that'll need to be fixed as well.  Hopefully Multipool can help with this when he gets a chance, since bitmine's rewards function looks a little less straightforward than some of the other pools.

No way to see the hash power from the user interface, but we've been ranging from 10-15 GHash/sec for the past day or so with 15-20ish simultaneous users.
gno

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:08:46 PM

Do the pending shares eventually convert on Multiclone?  The 3 pools that I've got the most shares on don't show anything other than pending after mining for about 18 hours.  

nick5429

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:16:59 PM

Do the pending shares eventually convert on Multiclone?  The 3 pools that I've got the most shares on don't show anything other than pending after mining for about 18 hours.  

The rewards scrapers for bitmine and bitcoins.lc are currently inoperational, so stats (and payouts) of these pools will be delayed.  The multiclone pool is earning at them, though, so I promise you'll get your BTC eventually Smiley

All shares here will show 'pending' for about the first 24 hours, then will start converting in the interface (for pools except bitmine and bitcoins.lc) shortly after that.
Folax

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:36:12 PM

I'm mining with 3 GPU's (~1200Mhash/s) on a single payout address, so far so good but don't know if it's bad for results or anything.
Wondered about that too Smiley

My GF thinks I'm useless, if you think otherwise and can proof it to her, please do so and donate:
OCedHrt

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:57:48 PM

Thanks for this great effort. Both for multipool and multiclone.
Looks like it is coming off great, i now have 2000 shares on multiclone with an eff of 1.5 and 10000 more pending after 36h with 430Mh/s. There is still a lot of solo going on though.

Three questions:

/roos

I'm not running with much power but only getting an eff of 0.766 Sad

ALL.ME  ●●●  SOCIAL NETWORK OF THE BLOCKCHAIN TIME ●●●
▄▄▄▬▬▄▄▄  Bounty all.me ▶ Jan 29th - May 8th 2018  ▄▄▄▬▬▄▄▄
Facebook   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Telegram
koopa

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 03:55:04 PM

I've managed to get the Multipool software running on my server to my satisfaction.  After a few spot checks, the accepted share rate from my miner connecting to my Multipool clone is about where I expect it to be.

While Multipool (the user) has graciously made Multipool (the software) open-source, it seems like something a lot of people aren't going to have the patience (or an available server) to set up.  With pool hopping now available fairly easily available to everyone, (IMO) you'd be crazy to mine on a proportional pool without pool hopping.

Since I'm going to be running a Multipool clone anyway for my own personal use, I figured I would offer access to the community for anyone who is interested in using a Multipool clone, but doesn't want to deal with setting it up.  

I'll do what I can to provide good uptime (after all, I'm using this for my personal mining as well), but the only promise I can make is that I'm not going to intentionally screw you over Smiley  I'll make payments as often as is practical.

Server: multiclone.us.to
Mining Port: 18337
Website Port: 18080  (which makes the stats webpage available at http://multiclone.us.to:18080/)

Just like with the original Multipool, there's no need for registration or anything -- you just connect to the pool with a Bitcoin address as the username, and anything for the password.

Example mining command:
Code:
./phoenix.py -u http://17x6iXEGfE94VnDwUMS1E5fii3FEqXLrEf:x@multiclone.us.to:18337 DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT -k phatk

If anyone wants to help test this by throwing some hashes at the server, I would be much obliged.

Interesting... have chucked 320 MH/s your way to test this out. Cheers Multipool & Multiclone  Grin

Grin
nick5429

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 04:37:46 PM

I'm not running with much power but only getting an eff of 0.766 Sad

The cumulative stats at the top can be misleading, particularly if you have a bunch of pending shares still.  And given that two very profitable pools aren't converting pending to confirmed (an issue I will fix, just don't have time for a few days), that could be dragging your average down.

Aside: I'm going to be out of town/busy for the weekend, so please don't panic when I stop responding Smiley
I'm tentatively planning to make the first payout either on Sunday or Monday

If the pool goes down entirely, email me at: nick D0T multipool PLUS alert at gmail and I'll do what I can to bring it back up.

If that alert email address gets abused/overused, it's going to be disabled. So please don't mail me there unless it's critical Smiley
gno

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 08:07:21 PM

looks like multiclone is down at the moment from what I can tell... mining and stats.

edit:  back up now
roos

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 08:11:36 PM

Im mining right now with two workers, looks up to me.

My stats page works too:
http://multiclone.us.to:18080/user/?address=1H36TPKaYcqDUK4CAN9PbaTGNB8ShJtYRN

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Folax

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:26:46 PM

Yes I noticed a smal; disconnect too, up and running now again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: