Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] $SPRTS - Download New Sprouts Wallet Release 2.2.2 - Join us on Cryptopia  (Read 75030 times)
dollux

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:49:28 PM

Hi all
Here is an idear instead of doing a coin swap and virtually killing the old coin? could you not convert the wallet to work like NEO.
Keeping sprouts minable and as an asset but the pos produces a new sellable coin.

just a thought don't all shoot me at once have a nice Day.

Hi roadhog,

There is another group currently working on a solution along those lines, we hope to keep Sprouts almost the way it currently is, but with lower staking reward.

Keep on following this thread for updates.

Hi oogone, there is also at least one other coin done this as well (lower staking reward) and things don't seem to be working too well for them either at least not in the short term.

I am not trying to shoot anything down just looking for other possible options other than handing over 40% to an unknown (to put it politely) or going down a road that does not resolve the dilemma (lower staking reward).

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oogone

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:31:56 PM

Hi all
Here is an idear instead of doing a coin swap and virtually killing the old coin? could you not convert the wallet to work like NEO.
Keeping sprouts minable and as an asset but the pos produces a new sellable coin.

Hi roadhog,

There is another group currently working on a solution along those lines, we hope to keep Sprouts almost the way it currently is, but with lower staking reward.

Hi oogone, there is also at least one other coin done this as well (lower staking reward) and things don't seem to be working too well for them either at least not in the short term.

I am not trying to shoot anything down just looking for other possible options other than handing over 40% to an unknown (to put it politely) or going down a road that does not resolve the dilemma (lower staking reward).

Thanks.

Hi Dollux, first thanks for the input. I understand what you say, the big concern is the circulating supply (which causes devaluation) and we are looking at solutions in this regard.

However to mange that we do not have the same situation with a huge supply in the future, one of the first solutions for managing this, that comes to mind, is to reduce the staking reward. But it is not the only solution.

Please keep on sharing your input, it is greatly appreciated.
dollux

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:20:29 PM

Hi oogone, it's me again, I have some ideas but I am reluctant to share them openly for two reasons, if I am talking crap I don't want the whole world to know, if I am not talking crap it would be a good idea if the whole world didn't know at this point.

Would you mind if I sent you through personal message?
oogone

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:07:27 PM

Hi oogone, it's me again, I have some ideas but I am reluctant to share them openly for two reasons, if I am talking crap I don't want the whole world to know, if I am not talking crap it would be a good idea if the whole world didn't know at this point.

Would you mind if I sent you through personal message?

Hi Dollux, you are welcome, every idea and input will be well accepted.

I appreciate your engagement in this regard.

POD5

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

Keep smiling if you're loosing!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:08:26 PM

Is there a way to resolve the problem with the port?
Do I need to open it in the firewall?
oogone

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:39:35 PM

Is there a way to resolve the problem with the port?
Do I need to open it in the firewall?

Yes, you have to permit it in the fire wall for local/private network, when I start a wallet for the first time, a message normally comes up to ask for permission.

You can also add these lines to the top of your sprouts.conf file and see if that help, and I guess change port to an available port.( I am not a dev, just trying to help)

listen=1
port=10092
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

edit: Do you have the correct ver. wallet installed?
v0.1.2.2-gd0cbc83
dollux

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:58:42 PM

Hi oogone, thanks, I will put something together and send it over the next couple of days, sorry for the little wait but I have got a lot of stuff in my head I need to organised it as well as make it coherent, thanks again. 
capadociio

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:01:31 PM

Good evening, I wonder how long it takes to have the stake?

and what is the value to start the stake?
wallet version is v0.1.2.2-gd0cbc83
http://prntscr.com/h4l31r
CryptoFreako

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:23:13 AM

Hey oogone,
Good to hear you are working on a possible successful relaunch of sprouts. I sold about half of my holdings after hearing the moronic idea of the 40% premine....(however the wannabe devs want to classify it  Roll Eyes) It is absurd to think that with all of the possible crypto investments available that any new money would invest in a previously dead coin with a 40% premine at relaunch.
You seem to have a grasp on reality. I am interested in the direction you are headed. Keep us posted.
arcanaFX

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:24:13 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2017, 05:03:44 AM by arcanaFX

Yes, that is the point, I still have NO CONNECTION...

It seem you might have a conflict on your port, I uploaded my sprouts.conf. Replace the one in your App/Roaming/Sprouts folder with this one, I have 8  connections to the network with these nodes.

link below.

Hi,

Yeah, I'm having the same trouble, I downloaded and opened the wallet, copied the address and sent thousands of SPRTS to it and then realized it had no connection/peers duh!

The transaction has been confirmed as verified on Sprouts Blockchain Explorer - CryptoID.

I've tried a few things and still nothing. I cannot find the config file or anything as I've read you can ad IP addresses to the list or something.

Anyway, thanks oogone for that detailed guide Smiley Any further insight anyone can share, that would be great!

Cheers

Replace your current sprouts.conf with this one in c:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/Sprouts

link: https://mega.nz/#!QwRVnBTS!Du3cL2eVk9HftCl7sSeR7042KoiM6NbuL8abhrpV9mA
(copy complete link in browser address bar, right-click and select paste&go.)

Thanks again oogone!

However, after reading your reply, I checked that I had the latest version (v0.1.2.2-gd0cbc83) and added the wallet application to my firewall permissions.

Then downloaded/added the config file to the appdata/sprouts folder and still nothing. Also note that there was not an already existing sprouts.conf in that folder or anywhere else on my computer before downloading from your link, so I was not "replacing" the file, only adding it for the first time... What could that mean??

Then I made those 3-line adjustments to the config file.. played around a bit and I just cannot get any connection.

I'm currently looking on Google to find out how to determine which ports I have available to modify these details and I'm confused as to what IP address I should add here..

listen=1
port=10092
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

Could you please shed a little more light on this, if you feel inclined?

Cheers
oogone

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:48:47 AM

Good evening, I wonder how long it takes to have the stake?

and what is the value to start the stake?
wallet version is v0.1.2.2-gd0cbc83
http://prntscr.com/h4l31r

With the amount of coins you hold I think you are going to wait very long, currently to stake solo you will probably need to hold more than 100 000 000 coins.
Have a look at BTCPop  I think they have a Sprouts Staking pool.
https://btcpop.co
oogone

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:55:27 AM

It seem you might have a conflict on your port, I uploaded my sprouts.conf. Replace the one in your App/Roaming/Sprouts folder with this one, I have 8  connections to the network with these nodes.

link below.

Hi,

Yeah, I'm having the same trouble, I downloaded and opened the wallet, copied the address and sent thousands of SPRTS to it and then realized it had no connection/peers duh!

The transaction has been confirmed as verified on Sprouts Blockchain Explorer - CryptoID.

I've tried a few things and still nothing. I cannot find the config file or anything as I've read you can ad IP addresses to the list or something.

Anyway, thanks oogone for that detailed guide Smiley Any further insight anyone can share, that would be great!

Cheers

Replace your current sprouts.conf with this one in c:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/Sprouts

Thanks again oogone!

However, after reading your reply, I checked that I had the latest version (v0.1.2.2-gd0cbc83) and added the wallet application to my firewall permissions.

Then downloaded/added the config file to the appdata/sprouts folder and still nothing. Also note that there was not an already existing sprouts.conf in that folder or anywhere else on my computer before downloading from your link, so I was not "replacing" the file, only adding it for the first time... What could that mean??

Then I made those 3-line adjustments to the config file.. played around a bit and I just cannot get any connection.

I'm currently looking on Google to find out how to determine which ports I have available to modify these details and I'm confused as to what IP address I should add here..

listen=1
port=10092
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

Cheers

I don't know why you are not connecting, it can also be your router.

I did not even add those three lines, with the same wallet version, and immediately connected, had no problems up to date.

Go to "Help" in your wallet menu, "Debug window", "Console" and type - getinfo - at the bottom. You might get some useful info there.
POD5

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:07:06 AM

Thanks for beeing so patient with us Ogoone.

Can you please answer a few questions:

1 - Is there a way to clean uninstall the SOFTWARE? Delete only the folder at ROAMING, keeping the file wallet.dat in a safe place, in order to restore it?

2 - What would be the procedure in FIREWALL? Create new IN/OUT rule for port 10092? Do we need to open port 10092 in router? Could we use a different port?

Thanks in advance.

oogone

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:22:15 PM

Thanks for beeing so patient with us Ogoone.

Can you please answer a few questions:

1 - Is there a way to clean uninstall the SOFTWARE? Delete only the folder at ROAMING, keeping the file wallet.dat in a safe place, in order to restore it?

2 - What would be the procedure in FIREWALL? Create new IN/OUT rule for port 10092? Do we need to open port 10092 in router? Could we use a different port?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I suggest uninstall and reinstall the wallet as per your point number one, if you like you can also backtrack this thread, there are a number of different posts relating to connection problems.
Follow instructions in this link to download and install the bootstrap: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1798901.msg22934190#msg22934190

Unless you have a network setup which are not specially configured for a specific environment,(which you or your administrator should be familiar with) you should not have any problems with your ports. You can even leave out the three additional lines from the config file and just have the correct nodes which can also be found here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sprts/#  or here: https://www.coinexchange.io/network/peers/SPRTS

arcanaFX

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:28:51 PM

link below.

Hi,

Cheers

Thanks again oogone!

listen=1
port=10092
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

Cheers

I don't know why you are not connecting, it can also be your router.

I did not even add those three lines, with the same wallet version, and immediately connected, had no problems up to date.

Go to "Help" in your wallet menu, "Debug window", "Console" and type - getinfo - at the bottom. You might get some useful info there.

Thanks so much for the help!
After a computer restart it is now connecting and syncing Smiley
POD5

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:42:03 PM

Thanks a lot! It is now working properly... I hope!  Grin
nur1labs

Activity: 868

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:16:38 AM

Used my method...

==MuBdI BlockStream Platform - Future Blockchain Platform==
==Open Hire Developer Using Our Services==
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:40:08 PM

Hi all

Hi roadhog,

I did not take news about Sprout for a while, I am feel a little lost...

Could someone summarise the current situation about the future of the coins and
the plans in actions to make it revive?

thanks in advance

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

POD5

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:12:37 PM

Are you also at YoBit?  Smiley
nur1labs

Activity: 868

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 02:32:18 PM

Are you also at YoBit?  Smiley

No sprouts on yobit

==MuBdI BlockStream Platform - Future Blockchain Platform==
==Open Hire Developer Using Our Services==
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: