Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:08:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC at $1,000 by Christmas?  (Read 11630 times)
mayxi865

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 05:54:48 AM

Will we find this gift under our tree?
Unfortunately, down, it is so little. Look forward to next Christmas is $2000
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 06:15:17 AM

Yup... I am sure that by the next X'mas, the exchange rates will be above $2,000 per coin mark. This time we narrowly missed the four digit threshold. The signs are encouraging, although not overly so. For the past many months, I have not heard any reports of exchange sites getting hacked and the coins stolen. The user-base is increasing, albeit very slowly.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 07:47:28 AM

Yup... I am sure that by the next X'mas, the exchange rates will be above $2,000 per coin mark. This time we narrowly missed the four digit threshold. The signs are encouraging, although not overly so. For the past many months, I have not heard any reports of exchange sites getting hacked and the coins stolen. The user-base is increasing, albeit very slowly.
We wont still know the possible things that would happen on next 1 year on bitcoins price movement. We cant be assure if the year of 2017 that there is no exchange hack and hopefully there none because i dont like to see bitcoins price to move down. Speculating $1000 price in christmas is fail because we just hit only $900+ but still its not a bad thing.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 09:13:28 AM

don't be so negative with bitcoin price and instead try and look at the bigger picture here instead of looking at 12 hours price.
we are up to the 8 hundreds range from the 7 hundreds price range and in my book that is a pretty big rise and it is keeping up above $800 which is also another good thing.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:10:51 AM

It's normal that the price has gone down as larger traders take this opportunity to secure profits. You can't just expect the price to keep climbing up.

And no, we won't see anything near $2000 prices as from current prices, every $100 increase that we will experience will be a very difficult achievement.

We must be happy that by next year we will sit just above the $1000 mark. If you ask me, that would be my next Christmas gift.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:35:51 AM

It's normal that the price has gone down as larger traders take this opportunity to secure profits. You can't just expect the price to keep climbing up.

And no, we won't see anything near $2000 prices as from current prices, every $100 increase that we will experience will be a very difficult achievement.

We must be happy that by next year we will sit just above the $1000 mark. If you ask me, that would be my next Christmas gift.

It seems that we are now in a serious correction. If price doesn't fall below $800 per coin, that would still be a success for December price. Anyway, this level is a good start for future price growth for the next year if support builds up there. Though I don't think that we could stop by the $1,000 mark by next Christmas. $2,000 prices and above seem difficult to imagine, but this is purely psychological. When we reliably and persistently cross 4 digits, such prices will no longer seem as unreachable and mind boggling.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 11:26:01 AM

Off course, unfortunately bitcoin is going down on Christmas Day. Letter bit, i am not surprised, because i know that, it is not a even of bitcoin. Because it is not a Halving day. Suddenly bitcoin down in this day, than i guess people are using their bitcoin to celebrate the Christmas, may be the reason to going down the price of bitcoin. Otherwise i think within 2 days bitcoin would be grow up. So let see what is happening in the last week of the year. 
tee-rex

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 11:33:35 AM

Off course, unfortunately bitcoin is going down on Christmas Day. Letter bit, i am not surprised, because i know that, it is not a even of bitcoin. Because it is not a Halving day. Suddenly bitcoin down in this day, than i guess people are using their bitcoin to celebrate the Christmas, may be the reason to going down the price of bitcoin. Otherwise i think within 2 days bitcoin would be grow up. So let see what is happening in the last week of the year. 

Basically the same happened before the last halving. People had been expecting the price to go down some time after the event, but it topped about a month before. We can see something similar here. People expect the price to top after some specific date or holiday, Cristmas or New Year, but the trend seemingly changes before the date. The lesson is that we shouldn't follow what the majority of people think or say and should instead act to the contrary, though not mechanically, of course.
Xetonica

Activity: 706

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:03:52 AM

Basically the same happened before the last halving. People had been expecting the price to go down some time after the event, but it topped about a month before. We can see something similar here. People expect the price to top after some specific date or holiday, Cristmas or New Year, but the trend seemingly changes before the date. The lesson is that we shouldn't follow what the majority of people think or say and should instead act to the contrary, though not mechanically, of course.

The $1000 price was reached just 7 days later. So it is still very good.
Josepino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:09:02 AM

I guess this prediction misses.
No, almost hit. All predictions and speculations are rough estimations and we can not expect 100% accurate price levels. By Christmas eve bitcoin prices was trading around $910 levels which means less than 10% short of speculated $1000 levels. Yes +/-10% differences could be considered as accurate speculations  Smiley.

Yes, That is past gift. Now we can see how much bitcoin will reach in this month? This is new year gift for you .
I expect it will rise up 1,150$ or more in this January.  Buy and hold bitcoin now.
tee-rex

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:33:14 PM

Are you sure about 7 days ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the $1,000 level fell only 3 days ago, on January, 1st. And since then, the price has been rising constantly without any meaningful correction. Right now it is just short of $1,100 mark and will probably shoot higher during next few hours. But it looks more and more like heavy market manipulation, with people long expecting a correction and still failing with the price ever rising. We need at least a week of consolidation at some level to make any reliable conclusion about if it is really an organic growth as some are saying.
Zedmony

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:03:30 PM

Are you sure about 7 days ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the $1,000 level fell only 3 days ago, on January, 1st. And since then, the price has been rising constantly without any meaningful correction. Right now it is just short of $1,100 mark and will probably shoot higher during next few hours. But it looks more and more like heavy market manipulation, with people long expecting a correction and still failing with the price ever rising. We need at least a week of consolidation at some level to make any reliable conclusion about if it is really an organic growth as some are saying.

7 days from Christmas is around January 1.
Ocalebeth

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:05:27 AM

It did not happened but the fact is that it right now happened is also good just in the beginning of the year, what a good begin of this year people!
Evansloin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:22:39 AM

Can happen, its right now around the 1000 dollar what is already nice and pretty insane honestly.
Xetonica

Activity: 706

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:53:07 PM

Can happen, its right now around the 1000 dollar what is already nice and pretty insane honestly.

Haha, the price reached $1200 yesterday and it is still over $1180 now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: