Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:18:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is trading just educated guessing?  (Read 22844 times)
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:33:40 AM

Can you really be sure you will profit unless you have insider info?

I don't think trading is the same as guessing, one thing is that, in guessing you dont have actual information or observation, you just picked something without any basis. On the other hand, in trading, you put your money on something knowing that it will bring you profit. In trading you kinda have a hint on what is gonna happen because you have information and knowledge about what you are holding.
Yeah you are right. Trading is not like guessing. You don’t just put one value in account and then see if results are based on it or not. But in trading there are no unsure things other than risk. You put your money on stake and then you deeply observe the days and nights, what fluctuation in the market and all that, your results depend on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:09:39 PM

Cool I don't really think there is anything like guessing in trading...well because to trade.. you follow the news, market, price of bitcoins , recent events , and then only you make a deal.

Trading is dependent on luck but it itself is not something based soley on it... Because if you are working towards... Being up to date with news and selling only if the price reaches the top I don't think there is anything like guessing.

Because most people who makes profit from trading are the ones who don't guess but follow the market in a strict manner because if you do hold a good amount then guessing itself is like putting your possession to stake and that only lower stake holders generally do..
Whether you follow the news or not, it still balls down to guessing. A news dropped that there is a possibility of goldmansach announcing entering the bitcoin market and then you stashed up quickly with the prediction or guess that the market will rise.

It is an anticipated guess based on the news and the difference is that the chances may be high of getting your predictions right but that does not mean it may end up being wrong.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:37:35 PM

I don't think trading is the same as guessing, one thing is that, in guessing you dont have actual information or observation, you just picked something without any basis. On the other hand, in trading, you put your money on something knowing that it will bring you profit. In trading you kinda have a hint on what is gonna happen because you have information and knowledge about what you are holding.
Yeah you are right. Trading is not like guessing. You don’t just put one value in account and then see if results are based on it or not. But in trading there are no unsure things other than risk. You put your money on stake and then you deeply observe the days and nights, what fluctuation in the market and all that, your results depend on it.
but did you know that trading on crypto currency has more risk than any other trading like forex/stocks?

yes it is based on a lot of people opinion , they observe everything for long time enough but still get it as a random one. sometimes predictable and mostly have a wild movement. for a newcomer they are usually get frustrated early and call it as an educated guessing or something like that.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:01:56 PM

No, I feel that in the trade there was a revenue you need to keep track of the information, and not depend on luck. Individuals who guess in trade can stay with out income as nicely as in gambling.
Apparently, that is the reason why some people come to this thread to open a topic claiming trading to be the same as gambling since that is how they perceived it in the first place thinking it is all about guessing the best option or place to buy and hoping for profit.
That is just as much as gambling and that is why they end up crying wolf when they lose all.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:03:38 PM

To succeed in trading one needs to analyse and study the crypto market history then you will be able to predict the market situation, some of the traders entering the crypto trading are without basic knowledge on trading with a thought to earn more profits, large portion of traders learn the basics of trading and enter the market and it works for them. Trading is not about guess work but it is skill earned by technical analysis of the crypto market and forecasting the markets.
In fact, this is a must. You cannot do well in trading without knowing how to get some certain information, how to handle them and how to make good predictions using them. And the only way to do this is to learn and to keep learning even while gaining some experience gradually from what you have learnt.

Like a pro trader once said, there are so many things to learn from trading and you cannot learn them all even in a year. More learning and experience while practicing is what will gradually help you.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:32:20 AM

There is no way to predict wich coin will be pumped, from some analyses may tell you a readjust may happen but no one can say when it will happen and if will happen. Someties its pure guessing or lucky, the thing is you should buy and hold, if the coin is good sooner or later it will moove.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:46:46 AM

of course not, if trading only rely on fperasaan to guess you will be a big loss and the possibility of profit was just a coincidence,
do trading must by science, that is knowledge about market price then about things that influence bitcoin price, so I think that trading is not only the origin of guess
satish37

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:39:17 AM

Trading is just a risk/reward ration.   That is up to you how you set it , either you are a swing or day trader, you have to understand management of risk and reward ration .  Risk/Reward means certain level you accept to be out from market accepting loss vice-versa is for profit . Trading is a difficult skill to master and takes a lot of study, time and practice.  At least I will never say it educated guessing. If mathematics is guessing than you can call it guessing, Is technology guessing , no,  than trading is not guessing. 
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:41:04 AM

yes i was get profit not only educated
BTCbengi

Activity: 241

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:15:26 AM

I really do not think so when there are many factors that determine your business success more than guessing. For example, with a real trader, they keep track of the currency's appreciation, keep up with the currency and always choose the right time to invest. That process takes place when you participate in Bitcoin for a long time.

PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:59:11 AM

There is hardly any reason to deny this fact that trading is something more than just an educated guessing. This is a common misconception amongst the people that trading is just an educated guessing. The fact is you need to know many other things other than just educated guessing for becoming a successful trader.
Naruil

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:59:35 AM

Yes it is educated guessing and i believe that that is just gambling because i know i can lose everything and if i lose everything it will be done for me also with trading you do have panic selling and that is also very bad news.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:21:30 AM

There is hardly any reason to deny this fact that trading is something more than just an educated guessing. This is a common misconception amongst the people that trading is just an educated guessing. The fact is you need to know many other things other than just educated guessing for becoming a successful trader.
Educated guessing is the correct thing to describe bitcoin trading or altcoin trading because you need to educate yourself in order to know the things that you will be facing in trading and because of the education or knowledge that you will get from your learning process then you can use it to have a higher chance of successful guessing in trading.
dmbragin

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:45:31 AM

Not genuinely guessing because you want to examine the flow chart of the price.Far more like you are trying to forecast the end result of the cost chart dependent on the existing value cap.Right now, I'm trying to market my shares given that I waited for the value to get up.It really is far more like studying stocks and trade actually.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:01:02 AM

If its guessing then you sure are lucky. Most of the investors in trading do research. Read about an altcoin and check on the trends, then you just have to use that info and analyze whether the coin go up or down. Sometimes it doesnt go your way, you'll just have to hold on to it if you believe it has a future

Anthonyxx

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:28:25 AM

It is interesting how some famous and rich people tend to say "it was all luck" , while the others,just hard work.
Once I stumbled upon a statement which I like and believe is true -"making money is essentially increasing your chances of being lucky,by hard work" ,
so these two are kind of interconnected.The same is with trading.
It's still 'guessing' ,or 'gambling' but by hard work and with being smart you're increasing your chances of being lucky and getting good profits.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:10:54 PM

Somehow it is. But you can always go in blind but be calculativ instead. There are a number of sites that provide a lot og info about bitcoins and their professional analysis. I guess you can say it's an educated guess, but through expert analysis, guesses such as these become as predictable as the sun.
If you are going in blind, then I do not see that as being calculative. Taking a calculative risk is trying to analyze from all angles and seeing that it is worth a try even if at the end the chances may be a bit blurry.As long as it is all about prediction, then it is what it is. The only difference is that with the education, you can minimize the risk by making at least close to 80% guesses of having it as correct.
In the world of trading, the most important factor which makes a difference is your learn ability and skill set. For me, trading is just not an educated guessing. It is something far more than that. In fact, educated guessing is one of the things which you need to learn other than so many other things if you want to excel in trading. You cannot achieve everything just by educated guessing.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:01:20 AM

Somehow it is. But you can always go in blind but be calculativ instead. There are a number of sites that provide a lot og info about bitcoins and their professional analysis. I guess you can say it's an educated guess, but through expert analysis, guesses such as these become as predictable as the sun.
If you are going in blind, then I do not see that as being calculative. Taking a calculative risk is trying to analyze from all angles and seeing that it is worth a try even if at the end the chances may be a bit blurry.As long as it is all about prediction, then it is what it is. The only difference is that with the education, you can minimize the risk by making at least close to 80% guesses of having it as correct.
In the world of trading, the most important factor which makes a difference is your learn ability and skill set. For me, trading is just not an educated guessing. It is something far more than that. In fact, educated guessing is one of the things which you need to learn other than so many other things if you want to excel in trading. You cannot achieve everything just by educated guessing.
In my opinion, educated guessing is the way of trading. Educated means you know something or you are knowledgeable to know something and you already know the things that you don't and need to do. Guessing means you will think for an outcome of something so if you combine those two it is like in trading because you know something about trading but you still need to guess because you cannot look the price in the future.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:50:25 PM

If its guessing then you sure are lucky. Most of the investors in trading do research. Read about an altcoin and check on the trends, then you just have to use that info and analyze whether the coin go up or down. Sometimes it doesnt go your way, you'll just have to hold on to it if you believe it has a future

In the end, you're in a way still guessing because you're not guaranteed with the result of your decision. The difference is that your decision is backed by research and study, therefore your chances are a lot better than just plain guessing

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
jimn

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:03:26 PM

Trading is not only guessing, it is not depending only with luck, like gambling for example. It need some knowledge and studying of the coins to trade, the market and so on. Sometimes you can even make confident decisions and generate good profit.

████████████████
                           ████████████████████████
                    ████████                      ██████
                   █████                █████       ███████
               █████                 █████████            ███
            ████   █████   ██████████████████████           ████
           ████   █████████████████████████████████          ████
         ███      ███████████         █████████████████         ████
         ██       ███████████        ██████████     ████████████  ███
       ███        ████████████████████       ██       ██████████   ███
      ████      █████████       ██████       ████     ███████████   ██
     ████     ████    ██     ███     ██████████████████████████     ███
     ██       ████   ███     ████    ██████    ███    █████████      ███
   ███      ████     ████████████████████████  ███      ████████      ███
   ███   ███████████████     ███████████████████████   ███   ███      ███
  ████ █████████████   ██   ██████████████████ ███████████   ████     ████
  ████ ███████████     ███████████        ████████    ████   ████       ██
  ████ ███████████     █████ ████          ███████    █████  ████       ██
  ████   ██████████  ████████████          ████████████   ██████████    ██
  ████    █████   ██████   ██████          ████  █████    ███████████   ██
  ████     ████    █████   ███████       █████████████     ██████████ ████
   ███     ████    ██████████ ███████████████████  ███    ███████████ ████
   ███      ████   ██    ██████████████████  ██    ████████████████   ███
   ████     █████████    ████████████████████████ ██████    █████     ███
     ██     █████████      ██    ████████ ████████████     ████      ███
      ███   ████████████████████████████  ████     ███    ███       ██
      ████  ██████████████████████   ████████      ███ █████       ███
       ████ ███████████      ███      █████████████████████      ████
         ███████████████     ████    █████   ██████████████      ███
          ████         ███████████████        ██████████████   ████
           ████         ████████████████     ██████████████  ████
              █████         ███████████████████       ██  █████
               █████         █████████████              █████
                   ██████       ██████             ███████
                        ██████████████  ████████████
                            ██████████████████████
Gaze Coin

BLOCKCHAIN-VR/AR TOKEN 

=
  [Facebook][Twitter][Telegram]
[Reddit] [Steemit]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: