Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is trading just educated guessing?  (Read 22844 times)
lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:22:56 AM

Trading is unpredictable, this mostly just relies on your luck. But there are also some traders relying on their skill to trade by analyzing and choosing a good coin to invest.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Celine Ariola

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:51:37 AM

Good trading is educated guessing, meaning you've educated yourself about certain facets of market behavior and are prepared to act when the conditions are met.

Most people have about the same chance of winning at trading as they do at winning the lotto. The reason why is very simple in that they do not know what they are doing and take heed of endless rubbish as if they were the only real truths. In doing so they fail to see the real truth and thus end up playing the lotto instead of playing to win.
ashfer

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:27:36 AM

Trading on bitcoins are not something which done on some random guess work infact we will have to follow the graph and how the market is moving or else we will end up on loss if we try a random guess and do something on trading.Trading on btc is not like a game .It can be partially said as more like a gambling because it is high risk to do trading if you are not much aware of the market.To do trading one should be aware on how the market price will move for particular currency a good trader is someone with lot of market knowledge and the one who has lost and won the market.The once who has lost in trading get to learn more about the market .It is always better to do trading after studying the market deeply.

zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:37:22 AM

For me no, need to study and do intensive research in the flow of the price before you go into trading. We all aware that the price is fluctuating, to be able to get the right timing so we need to do the best technique, knowledge and analysis for us to be profitable. Trading is like gambling we are not sure what we are getting into but i guess if you are knowledgeable enough you can be productive. We cannot predict when the price goes up and its sudden goes down, so need to have more patient and more money to be more profitable as well.
Donceng

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:38:17 AM

trading not only educated guesses, but must have the ability to analyze and predict prices in the future. and we also have to have the courage to bear the risk that will occur in the trading process and it is usually not much owned by people because many people are afraid to lose if trading
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:05:51 AM

Can you really be sure you will profit unless you have insider info?
probably most of the trading is the result of guesswork, but in addition to guessing you can also find out from the current price in the year that has been passed and you can find info-info that is considered accurate from the internet or people who know more about the world of trading. Although in fact whatever happens later is a very gray matter and does not always match the forecast...

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
anitayui

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:14:26 AM

No, trading need to learn how to analyze market not just guessing but sometime also depending on your luck, but in trading need knowledge and skills. So If we just guessed without calculation and without any knowledge of course it would be like the same with gambling.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:24:38 AM

No, trading need to learn how to analyze market not just guessing but sometime also depending on your luck, but in trading need knowledge and skills. So If we just guessed without calculation and without any knowledge of course it would be like the same with gambling.
Bitcoin is educated guessing in the sense that you just need to study the market and also some of the technical analysis because that will become your foundation in predicting the market or guessing the market because if you have good knowledge in technical analysis and in the market then your chance of winning from guessing will be higher and higher.
buggy

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:33:24 AM

In trading we need to analyze and study the flow of the of the stock market to make us profitable. Guessing for me is very risky because trading involves money and the purpose why you trade because you want to earn so i guess we need to study and make some research first.
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

For me no, need to study and do intensive research in the flow of the price before you go into trading. We all aware that the price is fluctuating, to be able to get the right timing so we need to do the best technique, knowledge and analysis for us to be profitable. Trading is like gambling we are not sure what we are getting into but i guess if you are knowledgeable enough you can be productive. We cannot predict when the price goes up and its sudden goes down, so need to have more patient and more money to be more profitable as well.
Educated guessing can be very costly and many people regret they ever started to educate themselves about anything related to trading.Previous price movements in no way guarantee the direction of future price movements.

Zanrrio20

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:00:38 PM

I thought I had already commented on a post like this that talks about the issue of investments ... I want to share the following information that is quite useful:

# 1 Prepare budgets.

When investing our money it is important to plan what we are going to spend throughout the investment period and, at the same time, what we expect to obtain in return as a benefit. We can not start spending without knowing exactly what the total costs will be. It must be borne in mind that many investments involve management, maintenance, etc. expenses. what must be foreseen in advance. Mainly, to not carry surprises.

# 2 Study in advance what you can lose and what you can earn.

With an example we will understand it better. If investing € 50 can lose them or earn a maximum of 50 others, it may not be worth the investment, since the probability of loss or profit is similar. You can lose as much as win. On the other hand, if investing 50 you can earn 500 or more, things change. You can lose little but earn a lot. There it interests.

# 3 Dispense with debts (if possible).

The debts must be returned. That's why they are debts, because they are owed. To me, in principle, I do not like to be forced. If I can do without borrowing, I prefer it. And if there is no alternative, I do it, provided that there are great possibilities for leverage, that is, if assuming a minimum risk I can multiply the investment considerably, as we have seen in the previous point.

But in principle, as I say, I keep in debt, no, thank you.

# 4 Create separate accounts.

If we manage money from different origins it is preferable to keep separate accounts. For example, we can have money that comes from our personal work, from our partner's work, from the joint fund we have created for household expenses, from a company of which we are owners or partners ...

It is advisable, in my opinion, to keep the money organized and not to touch where it is not due. Thus, we will not be lacking and we will know at all times what is for investment and what is not.

# 5 Passive income.

One of my favorite keys Create a diversified passive income system that allows constant and recurring cash flows. First step, set the income. Next step, perceive the benefits. While doing other things, while you keep other jobs, while you are traveling ... The magic of passive income is that you can earn money while you sleep.

# 6 Diversification.

Investing with head and minimizing risks requires diversifying our actions. We will always choose different alternatives to maximize the chances of success (and minimize those of non-success).

# 7 Invest in everything that can grow indefinitely.

It will always be better to opt for something that does not have a predetermined and short life cycle and if instead it may be growing indefinitely or, at least, for a long period of time.

That quality is very important: the ability to grow indefinitely. Always choose what has no limits. Among other things, because you will need it when you retire (yes, you have to think about retirement).

# 8 Leverage.

And finally, a classic investment: leverage.

Leverage means getting more with less, that is, using the mechanism of the levers: push yourself to earn more, to achieve more, to get more.

There are many forms of leverage in business and investment, but it would be long to expose here. It is enough to indicate the idea to have it present.

In any case, with leverage you have to use your head a lot. We can not get excited easily and lose the criteria.

These are, in short, the 8 keys that I consider fundamental to achieve good investments successfully. By doing so, you will strengthen your future and you will be freer in personal and financial terms, and that, no doubt, will bring you a better quality of life.
ultraminer11

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:02:31 PM

Trading is an arts and science. If you are only guessing then most probably you lost lots of money already in Crypto. If you will only devote yourself in trading then chances of good trades also improve.
Trading can be view as educated guessing especially when you trade just with one asset(such as Bitcoin). You solely depend on the estimation of how the currency is gonna evolve. It is not just a means of guessing rather it is also a matter of taking a risk. A risk that you take it can be for your own credit or to the others. But while your taking that risk you should have that think of all the possible outcome that can be happened, but you would take that risk in favor to your side.
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:05:21 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 03:58:06 PM by Rascar Capac

I think that on the contrary, trading is rather a matter of experience. It is inevitably necessary to learn theoretical bases to invest, but nothing will replace experience: the presentiment that one can have in front of certain charts configurations... The best traders are often the oldest ones on the stock exchange!
Dimon888

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:00:07 PM

B тpeйдингe нeoбxoдимo oблaдaть caмoкoнтpoлeм (кpeпкими яйцaми), быть диcциплиниpoвaнным и caмoyвepeнным. Ecли пpиcлyшивaтьcя к мнeнию co cтopoны и иcпoльзoвaть вceвoзмoжныe индикaтopы, тo и peзyльтaты бyдyт тaкиe кaк и y тex ктo пpидyмывaeт эти индикaтopы и зaнимaeтcя нaпиcaниeм cвoeгo мнeния и пpoгнoзa. Toлькo caмopaзвитиe дacт peзyльтaты, пo нaчaлy "вoзмoжнo"  oтpицaтeльный.
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:11:51 PM

Price is always changing and people who in trading for a long time just can predict different ways of changing that's why they have money. Easy.

otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:57:19 PM

The Law of supply and demand determines its price. If most of the traders hold their coins, it will become rare in the trading scene thus making those available demand for higher prices.  If most were put it trade, price can be lowered because of its availability.
marzyyy

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:29:47 PM

Opposed to most replies in this thread, TS has some little point in there. But specifically, trading is a TECHNICAL guessing. You are guessing because the market is unpredictable right? But you are guessing technically because you have the tools and knowledge to do so, like reading, trends, and applying ideologies.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:38:22 AM

It is a bit of guessing, but there are expertise needed also in doing so. Experience would tell you when there is any possibilty for gain or probably a loss when trading. So its a matter of looking at the graphs and looking for current events in the whole bitcoin world.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
khayecee13

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:05:27 AM

I think it is more than Educated guessing because when you say educated guess, it might imply as a well-informed guess or an  estimate based on experience or theoretical knowledge. Maybe I can specify it as strategic planning wherein it involves mathematical knowledge to predict the fluctuation of the market.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:00:15 AM

Trading is an arts and science. If you are only guessing then most probably you lost lots of money already in Crypto. If you will only devote yourself in trading then chances of good trades also improve.

I suppose we can affirm even that trading now has become both some mixture of art and science even. Good trader is also a good psychologist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: