Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:54:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8179 times)
justdimin

Activity: 3052
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:24:24 AM

In case of  global disaster, price of increasing a currency or commodity is less. In fact price of essentials of life such as food, grains, medicines, water, fuel (petrol, diesel) etc are far more higher. In fact if you check history, recent or old history, one point is observed commonly people cut down expenses and try to keep things as handy as possible.

Thus I don't think there is much chance of increase in bitcoin value.
Yes you have explained every bit I wanted to, though a few more to add from my side.

Actually let's consider there is a major earthquake which is a natural calamity now what would happen is people would be much more restricted to their house and actually on roads which would mean that there is a slight possibility that there are more digital transactions knowing that cash would be hard to get in those conditions.
Really hard to image, anyone up for a practical  Grin ?

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
grandy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:36:37 PM

Value of commodities like food, water, electricity and shelter might increase.

Luxuries like gold, diamonds, paper money & bitcoins might decline.

BTW - If indians really did trade manhattan for $24 worth of beads and trinkets, I could be totally wrong about that.
In the event of a major disaster, electricity is probably been one of the first things is going to disappear since the electric grid is very susceptible to almost any type of disaster we can imagine, like flooding fires, tornadoes or hurricanes.
i think global disaster can not only effect bitcoin, but it can also decrease the value of every thing. in fact global disaster can effect all the aspects of our life.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:26:33 PM

Everything is supply and demand. In case of a major disaster extended demand has food and water. So the prices from these two goods without any doubt will rise. Regarding the bitcoin price will probably not be affected. Maybe if there is no demand then the price is likely to be decreased unless it is used to in order people to purchase the necessary food and water.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:07:32 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
First and foremost I also wish god that this does not happen but actually if this happens means that there would be a immediate crisis of most of the things and people would get back to basic life, where they need a house, food and clothes meaning that it would effect bitcoins in a negative manner of course but not just bitcoins actually all the digital stuff.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:55:53 PM

Everything is supply and demand. In case of a major disaster extended demand has food and water. So the prices from these two goods without any doubt will rise. Regarding the bitcoin price will probably not be affected. Maybe if there is no demand then the price is likely to be decreased unless it is used to in order people to purchase the necessary food and water.

There will be demand for Bitcoin because traveling will be restricted in such disasters and so people will resort to using making online and remote transactions and have them delivered at their door steps rather than go out to get them themselves and since Bitcoin is well suited for such transactions I guess it will be in demand and hence its prices will shoot up.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:28:07 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

I suspect it will increase its value because of how demanding it will become if any disaster should ensue. People might loose their fiats and other valuable items and the only remedy will be to perform online transactions and that's when Bitcoin comes into play.
~Spawn~

Activity: 33
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:30:37 PM

This would depend on the scenario, many events could happen, but I think that in most cases a major disaster would bring great instability to almost all fiat currencies... so I think Bitcoin would benefit in some way.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:25:41 PM

If you are living on a place or community where people are into bitcoins and you are going to be one in the middle of the war/global disaster. Bitcoin's price will be moved depending on many volumes of transactions are happening in your place or if a whale will be affected with it.
I guess a global disaster means one that affects the globe or whole world and hence the area talk you did is pointless.

Basically if a little area or a city is damaged by a disaster then there won't be any effect but if a serene disaster like say world war happens then there for sure would be a crisis of food and shelter, wonder if bitcoins would stop for a certain time because really money won't be the priority that time.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:58:11 PM

Hi ! First message here.

Definitely, it will affect bitcoin an other crypto currencies and even money. I don't pray for disaster like war as many human life will go but we are talks about it infect on bitcoin. Somehow bitcoin prices may increase as many people may like keep their asset in bitcoin so they can access it were ever they are.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:03:44 PM

For sure it will decrease the prices as people will tend to sell their property and get as much cash as they can before everything closes down. Though, the problem is if it comes to worst, then people would prefer to have commodity that is important than having any kind of currency or cryptocurrency.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:06:13 PM

I think if it comes to a global disaster that would affect every nation that would cause us to forget everything else and try to survive, then bitcoin will have no use. So price cannot really be talked about anymore since no one will value it. If the prices go up so high and no one even cares to buy one then what is the point. Value and prices are two distinct concept that we must know. Price is just a numerical representation of the value of something. If no one values it, price is irrelevant.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:10:21 PM

This is an incredibly vague question and every answer is meaningless.
What kind of disaster? Wars between which countries? If Japan and China nuke each other then maybe.

Maybe there's a natural disaster that is so great that Everyone Dies™ and so Bitcoin's value goes 0.
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:47:21 PM

In case of  global disaster, price of increasing a currency or commodity is less. In fact price of essentials of life such as food, grains, medicines, water, fuel (petrol, diesel) etc are far more higher. In fact if you check history, recent or old history, one point is observed commonly people cut down expenses and try to keep things as handy as possible.

Thus I don't think there is much chance of increase in bitcoin value.
Yes you have explained every bit I wanted to, though a few more to add from my side.

Actually let's consider there is a major earthquake which is a natural calamity now what would happen is people would be much more restricted to their house and actually on roads which would mean that there is a slight possibility that there are more digital transactions knowing that cash would be hard to get in those conditions.
Really hard to image, anyone up for a practical  Grin ?
I think it is the other way around, when a disaster happen, ATM don't work so most people need to rely on the cash they had in hand in a disaster since bitcoin is decentralized you will probably have access to it but where are you going to spend it? I don’t think many will be willing to exchange the little they have for a currency they don’t know is going to be useful in the future after the disaster.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:50:38 PM

This is an incredibly vague question and every answer is meaningless.
What kind of disaster? Wars between which countries? If Japan and China nuke each other then maybe.

Maybe there's a natural disaster that is so great that Everyone Dies™ and so Bitcoin's value goes 0.

Thats what Im talking about. It will be as simple as that, the name speaks for itself : " GLOBAL DISASTER ", that means that something very big and very disastrous is coming that would cause a tremendous damage globally. Its not just about the internet and the bitcoin anymore. It is about the lives of every one, its about how you are going to store your bitcoin, it is about how are you going to survive.

whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 10:15:39 PM

i think it will not only put effect on bitcoin but i think it will effect throughout our life. therefore i am hopeful that when everything will come to its normal position then bitcoin will also cover its position and hope bitcoin will again start facilitating people through different ways. therefore i do not think that natural disaster will not decrease the value of bitcoin.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
Gozie51

Activity: 2534
Merit: 624

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:36:06 PM

Hi ! First message here.

Such disaster like wars, earth quakes, huge Mountain slides etc do affect paper money and obviously, anything that will affect paper money will support the alternative to skyrocket. So I think it will increase the value of bitcoin.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
marjoree

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:19:51 PM

From any action there is an equal reaction. Whether its a war or natural phenomena, people will demand for their daily needs like foods, water, clothes, medicines and more. That means that Bitcoin will surely decrease its value because the supply of electricity will be affected so no internet connection for a long while in the particular affected areas. They will use their bitcoins to satisfy them

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:26:34 PM

If we're dealing with some kind of power outage, there'd be less hash and a lower btc price.
But if we're not taking that into account, it's hard to say, what would happen to gold or silver etc?

My guess is everything would plummet when there's a ongoing global disaster.
It's hard for anything to thrive in times like that, people have other things to worry about than the price of their investments.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:53:27 PM

Hard to say. My view is it would decrease the value of Bitcoin as people could not easily get their hands on or transact it. IT requires technology. A global disaster prevents the use of technology, therefore rendering Bitcoin essentially useless.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:30:45 PM

Hi ! First message here.

I do not think so,  however the devotee of bitcoin will keep use bitcoin atleast for trading to get profit. I think if big war or great natural disaster happen it will only effect on bitcoin in short term.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: