Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:53:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8175 times)
Gwen101

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:48:09 PM

Bitcoin is not related with any currency like the FIATs of dollars,hence is not related with any goverment at all. Bitcoin only depends on demand/offer and the social things it involves (reputation). If an important "leader" or a billionaire point at bitcoin as insecure or else the price drops. If there is a scandal, price drop, too. But if there is global war, depends on what kind of war. Nuclear war, no money can be safe, you would not be safe, either. If USA declares war, Bitcoin does not depend on dollars. Internet collapse, definitely it affects. So, it depends on.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:12:11 AM

The bitcoin world is running by people. No people, no bitcoin. Therefore, if the disaster hit the earth, people would be gone, thus so would the bitcoin. Added to that statement, what do you mean by big wars? Nuclear wars? If so, people would cease to exist. So no bitcoin.

So, basically, whatever happens to the earth will decide whether the users of bitcoin will still run it or not.
That is just the plain case here. When we are talking about a global disaster, then obviously everyone on earth has been cleared out. In that case, there is no fiat, there is no asset, there is no cryptocurrency and there is even no internet. More like a total black out.
Whatever happens to bitcoin will happen to every other thing else. Moreover, who is even going to buy your bitcoin or anything else in such scenario when everyone is struggling to survive ?
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:52:23 AM

The bitcoin world is running by people. No people, no bitcoin. Therefore, if the disaster hit the earth, people would be gone, thus so would the bitcoin. Added to that statement, what do you mean by big wars? Nuclear wars? If so, people would cease to exist. So no bitcoin.

So, basically, whatever happens to the earth will decide whether the users of bitcoin will still run it or not.
That is just the plain case here. When we are talking about a global disaster, then obviously everyone on earth has been cleared out. In that case, there is no fiat, there is no asset, there is no cryptocurrency and there is even no internet. More like a total black out.
Whatever happens to bitcoin will happen to every other thing else. Moreover, who is even going to buy your bitcoin or anything else in such scenario when everyone is struggling to survive ?

Well, i think it might be decreases the value of bitcoin since people will need more money to buy a lot of supplies for there they will sell the bitcoin and thus it affect the price.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:22:08 AM

I don’t think that it has got to do anything with the bitcoin or any other asset in the world.

I mean why anyone would think about the money when it is big war going on. There might be military division or government who will have to fill up their treasures for such bad time as they will have to mass produce the weapons and stand up big man rivalry.

I mean I’m sure what we will do with our money? Im sure that we won’t go outside the house and ask for the beer can when there will be fear of nuclear bomb falling your head. Lolz!

Im sure there won’t be any trades everything will be drained up in few days and we will die soon because this time every country has advanced weaponry and thats aint good.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:04:37 PM

Well, i think it might be decreases the value of bitcoin since people will need more money to buy a lot of supplies for there they will sell the bitcoin and thus it affect the price.

Probably bitcoin would  decrease its value because we people tend to think first how to survive in any case if big disaster will happen. In times of trouble we naturally help each other, thus this would likely affect the value of bitcoin.
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:42:34 PM

Probably bitcoin would  decrease its value because we people tend to think first how to survive in any case if big disaster will happen. In times of trouble we naturally help each other, thus this would likely affect the value of bitcoin.
The worldwide debacles impact numerous financial things that is the reason there are some shot of impacts however don't be stressed over it on the grounds that the fiascos won't influence Bitcoin for all time it will have some briefly minor impacts that is the reason try not to be stressed over the misfortune in Bitcoin.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
BitPlace

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:17:05 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

If in that kind of disaster maybe the price of bitcoin will drop because people will not think about earning bitcoin but they will be more focus on saving their lives before thinking about bitcoin. Maybe after the war or the great disaster is gone, they will back to their normal mindset and they will be going to invest more and then the price of bitcoin will rise again. So both decreasing and increasing of bitcoin's value will happen.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:40:39 AM

global disaster mean this is happened to almost all of the countries in the world and i think yes possibly it will decrease the value of cryptocurrency because when global disaster happened most of people only concern how to save their own life without care for their wealth and if it is so then bitcoin will being worthless and lack of interest also the damage effect is there's no internet connections which being the main thing to use bitcoin

Global disaster would eventually lead to a decrease in the value of bitcoins. This is because the value is entirely dependent upon the rate of investment and buying and selling of shares in the international market in terms of cryptocurrency.

And if there would be some kind of war between the countries or the whole world afflicted with the Btcs then obviously the market would crash leading to a decrease in the value of this digital asset.
I am really trying to see how that would really play out. Let us not forget this is not a centralized currency and that means we are talking about a huge war here that affects everyone globally.

It is normal in scenarios like this that people will want to cash out to be able to at least have food to eat, knowing that your currency in your wallet will be worthless if you cannot even see food to buy during a situation like this.

Still, I am trying to see how there can really be a global disaster that would really warrant to something like that and everywhere worldwide would be totally affected ? That would be like Armageddon. If it has to do with just some few places, then I doubt if it can affect the value of bitcoin.
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:49:33 AM

I don’t think that it has got to do anything with the bitcoin or any other asset in the world.

I mean why anyone would think about the money when it is big war going on. There might be military division or government who will have to fill up their treasures for such bad time as they will have to mass produce the weapons and stand up big man rivalry.

I mean I’m sure what we will do with our money? Im sure that we won’t go outside the house and ask for the beer can when there will be fear of nuclear bomb falling your head. Lolz!

Im sure there won’t be any trades everything will be drained up in few days and we will die soon because this time every country has advanced weaponry and thats aint good.

You’ve got it wrong, there is one thing that controls the value of Bitcoin and that is the people (the community), and there is one thing that enables the community to contribute and invest on Bitcoin growth, and that one thing is money. In a situation whereby there is a disaster (depending on the type of disaster) the community will be forced to withdraw the Investment they have made so far, and thus will it lead to the decrease of value in bitcoin.
explosion

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:15:07 AM

That's a good question. In my opinion no, it won't affect the Bitcoin value. Espacially if something happens in countries where people don't even know anything about BTC
Wexnident

Activity: 2562
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:00:32 AM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

Global disaster? Well bitcoin"s value will not decrease or increase since it won't matter anymore just like ither currencies including regular money. Because it will lead to a total devastation to the point that money will never matter. The thing that will matter will be food and shelter. System such as a money will no longer be used.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:03:20 AM

Not easy to tell but if the disaster would also limit the access to fiat money then probably the Bitcoin value would increase. But that also depends on the way that disaster would impact the Bitcoin infrastructure like internet and electricity. But in the case of global disaster the first thought of every human being on this earth would be how to save the life and then everything else.
When it comes to natural global disasters people wont really mind off on their money or any has value and would rather save their own lives first than on securing all of the assets they do have. Price or value of bitcoin wont really be affected unless if theres no internet which would really cause that there would be no transaction happen which means bitcoin would lost its value.

Any kind of global disaster will have diverse effect on anything and  bitcoin is not anything exceptional . It will also a negative effect on price and volume as people will of course spend if it is anything related to financial disaster.  Lets just hope things keep on running smoothly and there is no disaster type of situation worldwide as this is really will not be good not only for bitcoin but also for the mankind.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:24:56 PM

Not easy to tell but if the disaster would also limit the access to fiat money then probably the Bitcoin value would increase. But that also depends on the way that disaster would impact the Bitcoin infrastructure like internet and electricity. But in the case of global disaster the first thought of every human being on this earth would be how to save the life and then everything else.
When it comes to natural global disasters people wont really mind off on their money or any has value and would rather save their own lives first than on securing all of the assets they do have. Price or value of bitcoin wont really be affected unless if theres no internet which would really cause that there would be no transaction happen which means bitcoin would lost its value.

Any kind of global disaster will have diverse effect on anything and  bitcoin is not anything exceptional . It will also a negative effect on price and volume as people will of course spend if it is anything related to financial disaster.  Lets just hope things keep on running smoothly and there is no disaster type of situation worldwide as this is really will not be good not only for bitcoin but also for the mankind.

A global disaster will have a lot of negative effect on the world and like you said, bitcoin doesn't have any exception because it will get affected too. Bitcoin will have a lot of decrease on value because people will sell it because of the fear of global disaster and all of the businesses and other type of investment will have a huge decline too because global disaster means all of the things will get affected.
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:38:41 PM

Any kind of global disaster will have diverse effect on anything and  bitcoin is not anything exceptional . It will also a negative effect on price and volume as people will of course spend if it is anything related to financial disaster.  Lets just hope things keep on running smoothly and there is no disaster type of situation worldwide as this is really will not be good not only for bitcoin but also for the mankind.

A global disaster will have a lot of negative effect on the world and like you said, bitcoin doesn't have any exception because it will get affected too. Bitcoin will have a lot of decrease on value because people will sell it because of the fear of global disaster and all of the businesses and other type of investment will have a huge decline too because global disaster means all of the things will get affected.
I probably agree with you, and lets just think about when as for example there is a global disaster, i guess people would strive as they can in order for them to survive, in other words it is a survival of the fittest, and as expected that there would be shortage, like basic needs, water, food and shelter, and as of now it would be also a shortage of electricity, and how much more does the internet connection? So i guess it will lead to decreasing rate rather than being driven and be used as a basic need for disasters.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:55:50 PM

I think the opposite of most people here - a global disaster would increase Bitcoin value. Firstly, there would be countries where the local currency becomes worthless and the population turn to Bitcoin (like Venezuala now). Secondly, lots of people would go on the move - refugees - and the easiest way to move money from one country to another is Bitcoin (you certainly don't want to be carrying gold).
Price will get more boost as the time will pass because still many people are out there in underdeveloped countries who are unaware of this coin so as in future years there will be more rise people will rush more to this coin so I am investing into this coin for sake of getting high profit through it and it will deliver me maximum profit and a secure lavish future and an epic living standard also.
At this stage, so many people from other countries who has been willing to buy at a lower price or whales from other countries will see it as a much more buying opportunity if it is only happening to just few countries and before we know it, the value is gradually skyrocketing back and being sustained as long as the demand is there.

But in the case of a global disaster, which to me seems impossible, unless the end is here, there even will be no one bothered about the buying and selling of bitcoin or any other thing as the only thing left at that moment is survival, only if everyone is not gone by then.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:29:33 AM

That's a good question. In my opinion no, it won't affect the Bitcoin value. Espacially if something happens in countries where people don't even know anything about BTC
Yes, you’re very right. If there is a disaster, and it happens to be in a country that doesn’t make use of Bitcoin, then Bitcoin won’t be affected. But I still think even if it happens to be in a country that uses Bitcoin won’t be affected unless the people investing on it decides to withdraw the money they have invested so far, then it will fall. But apart from doing that, everything will still be fine. By the way, I am not praying that a disaster should happen anywhere.
lol1yatme

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:54:48 AM

global disaster mean this is happened to almost all of the countries in the world and i think yes possibly it will decrease the value of cryptocurrency because when global disaster happened most of people only concern how to save their own life without care for their wealth and if it is so then bitcoin will being worthless and lack of interest also the damage effect is there's no internet connections which being the main thing to use bitcoin

Global disaster would eventually lead to a decrease in the value of bitcoins. This is because the value is entirely dependent upon the rate of investment and buying and selling of shares in the international market in terms of cryptocurrency.

And if there would be some kind of war between the countries or the whole world afflicted with the Btcs then obviously the market would crash leading to a decrease in the value of this digital asset.
Bitcoin has proved itself unstoppable and no disaster can affect its value because btc investor are spread all across the world and more to it they will never let it down and as its start dumping people rush toward it and give it a strength again and that will also happen if its prices go down by some incident the investors will play their role and they will surely buy bitcoin to give strength again and in past they did it many time.
Cholo003

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:58:47 AM

terrorism and war is like all year round. what i think that can only affect bitcoin price would be a global disaster but if its only on selective area I hard think it can affect the price of bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:11:24 PM

I don't know if global disaster can affect bitcoins value but maybe it can depends on the situation, the only think that I can think that will affect bitcoins value is if there will be something wrong with the internet. People won't be able to access their bitcoin if that will happen or if government will have a firm decision  about bitcoin to either embrace it or ban it.
That is very right that global disaster can affect the value of bitcoin. I think that global disaster can affect all the aspects of our life. We cannot continue to lead a common life while in war like situation or if there is any other natural disaster, it will certainly effect bitcoin value.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:53:06 PM

Hi ! First message here.

Yes,a big impact to bitcoin will decrease its value if something happen to mother earth,like example  this global dissaster can affect the economy of the country, it can turn to famine and mostly investor withdraw there investment and bitcoin will wipe out  in the mind of the people if there is war on each every country,the economy will affected and most all people become a soldier to defend there country,all internet connection and electricity will down.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: