Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8175 times)
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:52:46 AM

If such a disaster is not too large in size and caused destruction, then in the zone of such a disaster and the surrounding area should be observed an increase in the rate of the crypto currency. This was noticed during the aggravation of relations between North Korea, on the one hand, and South Korea and the United States, on the other.
However, if the disaster turns out to be truly global and will cover all the continents, the rate of the crypto currency may either fall substantially or be depreciated altogether and become usable, since mankind can be thrown back in its development much backward. In addition, due to such a global disaster, the Internet can simply disappear and all satellites fall. Then mankind can forget about crypto-currency in general.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:34:23 PM

Durin a global war with the involvement of electronic weapons, the price of bitcoin would surely decrease! Cheesy But honestly, the last global desaster was when the earth was hit by an asteroid and the dinosaurs had to say good bye. So your scenario will statistically not happen within the foreseeable future and you can relaxed continue using crypto coins.
The chances of a global disaster caused by some natural reasons are very low, the chances of a global disaster caused by human intervention is very high, you do not need even a war to create huge trouble for humanity just look at what happen in Chernobyl and we got very close to that happening again in Fukushima, if that were to happen again and there is a high chance that will happen again because no system is perfect, we may not be that lucky next time and we may end with a full country or even a whole continent being contaminated by radiation forever.
MendozaCharles

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:18:37 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
A global catastrophe can not reduce Bitcoin's prices for a long time. There are many who want to invest in Bitcoin to profit effectively because they know Bitcoin is a high- If an investor knows the market, Bitcoin is too easy for them to make a profit.

Bitcoin Bull Run is Coming 🌅
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:28:25 PM

I don't see how and why natural disasters and wars can increase value of Bitcoin. It seems to me that humanity will not be at all up to cryptocurrencies.
ArteMixer

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 06:33:52 PM

If you look closely, Bitcoin has no value when it comes to natural needs. And after/during a disaster, the only things needed are the natural needs and Bicoin would just have no use. It would be useful when the economy starts rebuilding.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:40:01 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

Yes depending on the place, let say you are mining on a ethereum coin and the plant of eth coins has been destroyed by a disaster then the prices in the market will decrease drastically because of this occurance.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:41:48 PM

Hi ! First message here.

A global catastrophe can not reduce Bitcoin's prices for a long time. There are many who want to invest in Bitcoin to profit effectively because they know Bitcoin is a high- If an investor knows the market, Bitcoin is too easy for them to make a profit.
Yes a global disaster cannot reduce bitcoin's price rather it can help in any difficult time, if some where any disaster and their people cannot get any help so if they invest their money in bitcoin so they can get help by bitcoin investment and that's why they can move other country and their bitcoin will very helpful for them because bitcoin is a global currency and we can easily use it any where any country.

LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:43:13 PM

If there will be a global disaster the government and even the invironment is affected. Famine, storms, drought, epedimia, conflicts and wars make people and the country poorer. Mai I ask you who is the one who uses Bitcoin? No one except the people of this world. If a global disaster occurs everything is affected, even paper money is affected so does Bitcoin. Bitcoin is useless without it's people. A global disaster can happen if a meteor hits the earth, if the global fault shifted and earthquake creates massive damage or if a nuclear war happens. Bitcoin value will not just decrease, there will be no value at all and I hope that day won't happen because when that happens it's not about cryptocurrencies or government or money. It's about life and death.
Telogodok

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:09:50 PM

Ofcourse it will. And the level of decreasing of bitcoin value is depend on the scale of disaster.

I think It depends how many places are affected because if it's just a small country or some island it will not affect the price at all even if the people there have to spend all their bitcoin.
War will see an increase in bitcoin prices but natural disasters? I am not sure.
PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:17:19 PM

It actually depends on many variables but let's just relate it to the demand and supply to make the deal simpler. I guess in a state of war people will stop buying bitcoin as they won't be sure about the future they will get their money out and try to hide them in "safer places" so the demand will decrease and so is the price of bitcoin.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
jembaba1

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:01:11 PM

ı think bitcoin is very much universal and interchangeable so its very desirable if this situation were too arise. If, as everyone has mentioned, the global affected the entire global network then of course the price would fluctuate towards the negative end..
kuckong

Activity: 184

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:01:40 AM

I think the bitcoin value will go down because natural disasters that occur will disrupt the flow of electricity and internet network. and people are more focused on the necessities of life like water, food and electricity than think of bitcoin. if like this we can do is wait until normal power and internet network is connected again.

FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:28:25 AM

Hi ! First message here.

The basic commodities would increase in  price and not bitcoin. That's what essentially happens in any countries that are suffering in calamities like typhoons and earthquakes. The demand will increase that will surge its price because the stock is limited.
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:47:54 AM

Hi ! First message here.

God forbids, bitcoin and the whole crypto world will be the last thing on your mind if a global disaster do occur. We will not care more whether it would decrease nor increase in value.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:54:48 AM

Hi ! First message here.

A global catastrophe will affect the value of bitcoin. If it is an economic disaster then the bitcoin will be greatly reduced. Some precious assets, such as gold, silver or diamond, will be valuable at that time because it is always valuable and will never be discounted.
So when disaster strikes, buy gold and hold instead of buying bitcoins. Grin

qwirtiii

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:10:38 AM

Hi ! First message here.

Well, It depend on what disaster came in.
I dont really sure if the value of bitcoin will increase or decrease if that will happend on earth. But i hope it will not happend that we got a disaster on earth. OMG thats so scary.
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:23:20 AM

If there is global disaster it would not increase or decrease the value of bitcoin in the market, because of its decentralized that bicoin is independent to government policy , it does not matter bitcoin is circulating with value that depends on the demand of coins in the digital market, not affected by the outside world, like this disaster.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:44:27 AM

I must agree with that. We should consider out safety before doing other things like the profit and other assets that we have, because it's doesn't matter if we will die in that war
gpamfmcq

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:26:06 AM

It depends on the level of disaster. If it is a common disaster that does not have a big impact on bitcoin, if a global disaster leads to a paralysis of the Internet, then bitcoin can be paralyzed, because there is no bit of currency on the Internet.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:08:25 PM

Hi ! First message here.

most likely if there is a disaster that strikes the world then it could also have the potential for bitcoin price enforcement because it is certain that many people need money to make withdrawal of assets that he has.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: