Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:23:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8172 times)
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:22:51 PM

I think a global crisis would negatively effect bitcoin and will eventually end it. Bitcoin is a technology and modernity. To let bitcoin be successful we need safety and a peaceful environment. Any kind if war will bring all the negative effects on bitcoin.
we can likens a global disaster like war, but I think the impact is not negative on bitcoin, since bitcoin is not the currency of a country that join to war, so bitcoin will not get inflation, many people will save their money to commodities to avoid risks such as theft, inflation, etc. , I'm sure many people will then choose bitcoin to save their money
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:39:10 PM

I always think about wars as a "beez kneez". Basically, wars wouldn't happen without a party wanting to benefit from it... Now, if there happen to have a world war and the bitcoin price soars, then there must have been somebody who bought it cheap and is behind that war.

Going back to your question, yes, war can possibly pump bitcoins price.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:25:21 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
We would have to consider where the disaster has greatest impact and what it destroys. If it can take away every last source of electricity and internet, them it'll greatly affect Bitcoin. If it also affects the greatest extent in countries where Bitcoin and crypto activities dominate them it'll look really bad
tepakpak

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:10:54 PM

I think if the name of the disaster is going to be bad, here if its impact on the global economy is likely to be too bad for bitcoin. Hope it does not happen because it is definitely the worst.
kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:38:39 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

I even its own site. I do a new way for that matter of money, the future is really a good thing that the market will continue in science, the right to invest, a new comment , the future. The first is that bitcoin and technology, a great mind that bitcoin and technology, right to be true but we should do that for our future
Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:09:59 PM

Hi ! First message here.

The first to be wise cause we have the market will continue. I believe in science, the best way my life God the right now is a start. Cause bitcoin are the market it as an opportunity to invest in cryptocurrency that you can get the market it to new cryptocurrency. I believe the market
win365

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:36:56 PM

Hi ! First message here.

It is hard to answer this question because it can do both in my opinion, if we are speaking about great natural disaster or like big war, I think that it depends on people reaction and thinking about Bitcoin. If people would decide that bit current would help them to recover the price will go up, and vice versa.

❍  buglab ❍     ▬▬[  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ]▬▬ ❍  buglab ❍
████   Cybersecurity Penetration Testing    ████   
▄▄▄  on the Ethereum Blockchain   ▄▄▄
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:42:43 PM

Hi ! First message here.

In my own opinion, global disaster will not affect the prices of bitcoins unless there will be a war that is going to occur in the future, bitcoin prices is volatile so we should be always expecting a drastic changes in the market value.

wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:18:21 PM

Hi ! First message here.

In my own opinion, global disaster will not affect the prices of bitcoins unless there will be a war that is going to occur in the future, bitcoin prices is volatile so we should be always expecting a drastic changes in the market value.
I think ,I will agree with that , the value of bitcoin will not really be affected by  the disaster in a certain place., the bitcoin will only be affected through its transaction especially if the disastervis environmental like earthquakes , floods, storms because we might lost power and internet connection but the value of bitcoin remain in volatility in the coin market index.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:08:13 AM

I don't think so but if that global disaster is attacked the internet connection then it will decrease the bitcoin value because people will be difficult to access bitcoin. I cannot imagine if this is happening and maybe it will make all connection on the internet will disturb and not just bitcoin network but it will attack the whole cryptocurrency and everything that using internet connection. the bitcoin will lose everything and we cannot make money from the cryptocurrency and many people will abandon bitcoin and the other coins.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
KeijiN

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:19:01 AM

The first thing that came into my mind,  that it would distract people's attention from the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency topic, so due to that reason I think price would fall a bit.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:19:27 AM

this is a hard question. if the governments change, if the regime changes, these and other social events become effective. war is a different event. It can be effective for bitcoin.
ernoo

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:03:07 AM

I am pretty sure, the price would drop, just like Bitconnect did, when it was shut down. Not saying it would go to zero, but would fall drastically.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:20:23 AM

I do not agree with people saying, Bitcoin is a ponzi, and has no real value. But if a global disaster happened, the value of it would probably be much lower, than now, and only the real fanatic would stay. Others would try to buy more useful staffs I guess.
This always have been happening that whenever prices are fallen or increased, there was a major reason or event behind it being a cause. As we have all seen the price jumped from nothing to amazingness in December of last year. That was just because of Christmas. This is continuously happening since the first day of development of bitcoin. Events do impact the price of bitcoin.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:28:41 PM

this is a hard question. if the governments change, if the regime changes, these and other social events become effective. war is a different event. It can be effective for bitcoin.

I don't see it that way. Nothing good comes out of a global disaster. War, calamity, all these can affect the basic requirements that we need to even access our wallets. Hopefully none of that happens anytime soon.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
TontomHit

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

Not too difficult to realize, that in most cases, it would effect negatively to the price of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not "global disaster friendly" IMO Cheesy

Cryptoproff

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:50:42 PM

i think it would deccrease it. because bitcoin is still far away to be used as a currency or as a payment method. people would not trust cryptocurrencies in case of any such situation. oppositely they would like to cash out and keep your money in their hands.
Eigig

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:29:01 PM

In my opinion , global disaster does not effect the increase and decrease of bitcoin price value, the price value will not change due to calamity or disaster, but disaster will really effect much the services and transactions of bitcoin.
dafunkizdiz

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:40:18 PM

Bitcoin is currency of the world.

If the disaster strikes one part of the world, Bitcoin can help diffuse the impact instead of damaging one locality. Think of Venezuela. Demand increases value. Definitely seeing this raising the value of Bitcoin
WolkGold

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:45:29 PM

In my opinion , global disaster does not effect the increase and decrease of bitcoin price value, the price value will not change due to calamity or disaster, but disaster will really effect much the services and transactions of bitcoin.

will certainly have an impact. To say that the stock market downturn and rising inflation have created a historic momentum for bitcoin in year 2017. Based on that, if a global catastrophe occurs, it will affect the up / down trend of bitcoin. What would you do if the crisis of work?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: