Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:44:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8169 times)
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:28:13 PM

It all depends on who's affected and what the extent of the damage would be to said countries.

A big war right now would throw a large portion of the world into shambles for a while, and the longer it goes on the significantly more damaging it will be. As long as the internet is operating, Bitcoin will be able to proliferate, but there are so many individual variables that can affect whether or not Bitcoin would be good that it's next to impossible to determine either way.

A natural calamity or a disaster is one of an example that can decrease the Bitcoin's value. Depends on how many countries affected and where the disaster happens.
It could be a great loss towards people who will suffer on that time. There will be an absence of things needed in order to communicate with each other through social medias. But I know that people will find ways. We innovative anyways.

That is right they have relationship with each other, let us not just worry as things will turn out right this last quarter of the year and everything will be back to normal and the market will be great again, we just need to become intelligent with our decisions if we are going to invest or not.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:36:42 AM

If there is any global disaster, such as the third world war, then even with the Internet, it is unlikely that the crypto currency will have any significance in this changed world. For the time of the war, I think, little will be forgotten about it. When our physical world collapses, things and necessities come to the fore. Paper money is losing its importance, the role of gold and other jewelry is growing. The Crypto currency should lose its value, because it is not part of our physical world and it will not be necessary to anyone in conditions of survival.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:46:55 AM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

of course the price will decrease, no one is able to buy bitcoin in case there are disasters or natural calamities, even wars,  the law on supplies and demand, the demand will decrease so the price automatically drops too, what makes the price increase is not based on how stable the situations are, it is dictated by high demands , reverse it and the prices plunges.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:14:39 AM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

given that financial sector is completely dependent on the internet, I don't think internet would be affected although there would be major disruption in network that may keep people from going online which would result in bitcoin price drop out of fear. There are other things to consider like location of "the great natural disaster" lol.
For influence there may be there, but the effect can be positive and negative in my opinion, the negative may be the electricity will be cut off including the internet connection when a disaster occurs and maybe it will make the market volume decrease, positive if the bank closes due to disaster people will find ways to save money safely namely in bitcoin
Heatherwhite

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:23:39 AM

If it is a disaster for bitcoin then I think it could be just a catastrophic loss of internet or catastrophic global blackout, if we want to make a bitcoin purchase, sale or exchange transaction then it will not be possible if no internet and no electricity. I hope this is just suppose.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:06:51 AM

If it is a disaster for bitcoin then I think it could be just a catastrophic loss of internet or catastrophic global blackout, if we want to make a bitcoin purchase, sale or exchange transaction then it will not be possible if no internet and no electricity. I hope this is just suppose.
If that happens I think it’s almost the end of the world I know that some companies don’t blackout  because they need their operation running 24/7 so that goes to show it is also possible to not blackout in servers, etc.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SamanthaPhillips

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:28:08 AM

Definitely global disasters will affect the market value of Bitcoin because as we all know Bitcoin and cryptocurrency value fluctuations is determined by the demand and supply and at the same time technical issues.
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:22:54 PM

It would surely mean the end of Bitcoin, as we would not be able to trade. But other negative effect would exist, so Bitcoin may wouldn't be our main concerne Smiley
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:38:43 PM

In my opinion some things are direct and some things are indirectly involved. Bitcoin is indirectly involved in this.The disaster has been working indirectly. But I do not think that the price of Bitcoin is rising.

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:54:06 PM

Of course, all the value and bitcoin demand would have dropped to zero, because people would taking all the money which was invested in bitcoin, whether it's fiat or cryptocurrency, if the whole world catches a global disaster, then everything will suffer completely, bitcoin does not go away from this, because bitcoin has no support for what to hold on.
lebrone08

Activity: 142
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:53:14 AM

Hi ! First message here.

It will definately affect the world market cap. Because instead of spending their money buying crypto currency, they would prefer to use it for their needs. Example the country have experience any types of disaster ofcourse people would prefer to buy the things that they really need instead of buying bitcoin. In this case if their is a huge volume of bitcoin then the price would decrease because bitcoin demand is very low. Thats how disaster affect the value of bitcoin.
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:24:43 AM

Well I guess it depends on the degree of damage or its effect to the country the most, I think yes there is indeed effect on the value of bitcoin..we have already been experience major and minor crisis but still bitcoin mangae to survive.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
Ycekezuv

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:52:31 AM

I think the massive natural disasters will have a negative impact on the price of bitcoin, and it will fall!
hildacitra

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:21:38 AM

It think that global disaster potentially to decrease the price of Bitcoin, as it has broken down the world and buildings. So, people needs massive funds to recover anything. In this case, many people need to sell bitcoin for its funds.

West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:31:49 AM

If a global disaster occur. I think noone can ever use bitcoin. Because its a global disaster and all of us will be affected. So we all we need is hold our bitcoin. And we don't know if its price will increase or decrease.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
SanSanTar

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:54:25 PM

Ask for me, I will tell you that if there is a global disaster, the value of bitcoin will increase. Because in this time, people can not move with fiat, they need time to save their lives and can not keep all of fiat. At this time, people will take advantage of digital currency to keep their asset.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:17:38 PM

If a global disaster occur. I think noone can ever use bitcoin. Because its a global disaster and all of us will be affected. So we all we need is hold our bitcoin. And we don't know if its price will increase or decrease.
Well are yet to experience any sort of global disaster so I will not give that verdict yet.But from what I know from history, is that in the face of global disasters, Gold is the only commodity who's value seems to increase.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
realBitcoiner

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:24:12 AM

Well are yet to experience any sort of global disaster so I will not give that verdict yet.But from what I know from history, is that in the face of global disasters, Gold is the only commodity who's value seems to increase.
Definitely global disaster will decrease the bitcoin value because at that time people would have no extra money to put in bitcoin and when bitcoin receives no investment the value will go down and so will be price. In time of disaster people would think only to save their selves and you are talking about the value of bitcoin. May there be no internet and no cryptocurrency.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
Assface16678

Activity: 1358
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:05:05 AM

War would see an increase in bitcoins price but a natural disaster? I'm not sure. It depends how many places it affects since if it's just a small country or a few islands it wouldn't affect the price at all even if the people there had to spend all of their bitcoins.

It has a point. People today did not really give attention to bitcoin, some people ises but not all therefore we can conclude that it would not be affected because of the high population a specific location a disaster will come. With this we can say that the market as a whole will not be affected.

yitzjoe

Activity: 390
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 09:12:32 AM

global disasters will provide a decrease in crypto and bitcoin values because many people will try to meet their basic needs of eating, drinking and treatment rather than having to think about investment and others, with a decrease in trading volume due to this global disaster the market will experience a decline in purchasing power which ultimately causing crypto prices to also decline
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: