Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8172 times)
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:48:10 AM

War would see an increase in bitcoins price but a natural disaster? I'm not sure. It depends how many places it affects since if it's just a small country or a few islands it wouldn't affect the price at all even if the people there had to spend all of their bitcoins.

It has a point. People today did not really give attention to bitcoin, some people ises but not all therefore we can conclude that it would not be affected because of the high population a specific location a disaster will come. With this we can say that the market as a whole will not be affected.

The title of this thread says "global disaster" not local or only on a specified country , therfor there is a posibility that the market will decrease because people will expected to sell so that they can have a money to buy foods and other important things in life .

There is also a chance that cryptos can became stable if ever there will be no electricity available due to disaster because people cannot possible cash out .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 09:04:15 PM

It depends on what kind of disaster that the Earth is facing. but I think crypto will not be the primary need when it happened. People will focus on their families, shelter and food. so I think the value of Bitcoin will decrease. and it might be ignored for the meantime but, who knows? maybe I'm wrong about it. I'm hoping that the World will never come to that point.

Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:49:04 AM

It all depends on who's affected and what the extent of the damage would be to said countries.

I agree, it depends on what happened and how wide the impact is. I think that at first, it may decrease the value of bitcoin, but I think that if a global disaster happens, then it could also be the perfect time to use cryptocurrency and the blockchain technology for a good cause by sending donations. Of course, it will be a bit complicated if you are sending donations to a country that does not use or recognize crypto yet, but it could be a good reason to use bitcoin. What do you think?
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:16:11 AM

I would think in the short term it would jump but very soon afterwards it will dump to noting as people realize that bitcoin only lives on the INTERNET and in a major disaster thats global i dont see that platform lasting
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:25:55 AM

If a global disaster occur. I think noone can ever use bitcoin. Because its a global disaster and all of us will be affected. So we all we need is hold our bitcoin. And we don't know if its price will increase or decrease.
Well are yet to experience any sort of global disaster so I will not give that verdict yet.But from what I know from history, is that in the face of global disasters, Gold is the only commodity who's value seems to increase.
Definitely global disaster will decrease the bitcoin value because at that time people would have no extra money to put in bitcoin and when bitcoin receives no investment the value will go down and so will be price. In time of disaster people would think only to save their selves and you are talking about the value of bitcoin. May there be no internet and no cryptocurrency.
nope in my opinion for now there is no direct relationship if a disaster occurs then it make lowers to the price of bitcoin, moreover the
total bitcoin users do not cover everyone, of course people affected by the disaster are not necessarily bitcoin users right?
dowellness

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:01:33 AM

If a global disaster occur. I think noone can ever use bitcoin. Because its a global disaster and all of us will be affected. So we all we need is hold our bitcoin. And we don't know if its price will increase or decrease.
Well are yet to experience any sort of global disaster so I will not give that verdict yet.But from what I know from history, is that in the face of global disasters, Gold is the only commodity who's value seems to increase.
Definitely global disaster will decrease the bitcoin value because at that time people would have no extra money to put in bitcoin and when bitcoin receives no investment the value will go down and so will be price. In time of disaster people would think only to save their selves and you are talking about the value of bitcoin. May there be no internet and no cryptocurrency.
Global destruction is not good for any currency and same is true of bitcoins.  In case of emergency, people will tend to sell bitcoin and also it value will decrease as people will have to save themselves from destruction and will not keep interest in money.
Mespirst

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:50:55 AM

It depends upon the nature of the disaster. If the internet is safe and it is like a global world war sort of emergency, then people will shift their money in bitcoins which is in fact better for the digital currencies as demand will further increase.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:35:08 AM

Hard to predict bitcoin price when global disaster. Bitcoin price increase because demand and supply and i think its not related with dissaster. It could be give effect on the price but i think its temporary

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
hoverdrone

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:11:36 PM

I don't thing that the value will significantly change, if it will change at all. Bitcon and other altcoins are still rather disattached from the society as the adoption is still relatively low, so they won't face heavy fluctuation. Other factors related to Crypto directly, such as Chinese Crypto regulations, have much greater direct influence.
yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:33:18 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
I think the value of btc will decrease, because a global natural disaster will result in the deterioration of infrastructure.
Problems with electricity and the internet will prevent effective use of all digital services.
Fiats and other means of exchange like precious metals, weapons and food will again be the most valued "money" in this post-catastrophe world.

Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:30:22 PM

For me it depends on the place where disaster happened. We all know that bitcoin is run through the use electricity so if the disaster happen on a place where adopters are many maybe it will decrease. But its not for a long time but once the damage repair it will back to normal.
wingsthegreat21

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 11:55:51 AM

For me if this kind of disaster exist maybe the price of bitcoin will drop because people will not think about earning bitcoin but they will be more focus on saving their lives before thinking about bitcoin. Maybe after the war or the great disaster is gone they will back to their normal mindset and they will be going to invest more and then the price of bitcoin will rise again. But it still depends how cryptocurrencies become useful to goods and some products.
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 12:36:47 PM

For me it depends on the place where disaster happened. We all know that bitcoin is run through the use electricity so if the disaster happen on a place where adopters are many maybe it will decrease. But its not for a long time but once the damage repair it will back to normal.
right, the bigger the disaster, the more influence will be on the development of crypto, with the note that the area is a lot of active bitcoiners, especially the big investors, so it will reduce the volume of trade

Rrotess

Activity: 264

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:52:43 PM

It all depends on who's affected and what the extent of the damage would be to said countries.

A big war right now would throw a large portion of the world into shambles for a while, and the longer it goes on the significantly more damaging it will be. As long as the internet is operating, Bitcoin will be able to proliferate, but there are so many individual variables that can affect whether or not Bitcoin would be good that it's next to impossible to determine either way.

A natural calamity or a disaster is one of an example that can decrease the Bitcoin's value. Depends on how many countries affected and where the disaster happens.
It could be a great loss towards people who will suffer on that time. There will be an absence of things needed in order to communicate with each other through social medias. But I know that people will find ways. We innovative anyways.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:16:19 PM

A global disaster will not directly affect the bitcoin value. However, it will still affect bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. Here's why: First, it is because a global natural disaster, if its massive enough, will affect the telecommunications sector of the world. Thus, making the internet, not functional. Second, if its effect would cover the agriculture and the industrial sectors, certainly, people will prioritize their need to eat food and their other physiological needs that they must meet. Lastly, a natural disaster has an effect on the economy, hence, can also affect the bitcoin system. It is just a simple cause-and-effect matter of concern. Everything in this world are mutually-independent with each other, therefore, bitcoin is no exemption.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
zacad

Activity: 396

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:51:14 AM

Usually natural disasters do not affect the cryptocurrency market, and this is not a disaster. If the Earth really suffers from the catastrophe, all the coins will depreciate significantly. Ordinary earthquakes and disasters do not affect the cryptocurrency market.

krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:20:50 AM

I think that a global disaster will bring decrease in the price of crypto because of following reasons:

1) In case of a global disaster we might see businesses and jobs being affected indirectly. At such, spending capacity of the people will reduce as well.

2) Another reason may be that people will get busy securing their basic needs and will thus avoid investing in things like crypto.
tanxpresisit514

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:33:40 AM

global disasters will provide a decrease in crypto and bitcoin values because many people will try to meet their basic needs of eating, drinking and treatment rather than having to think about investment and others, with a decrease in trading volume due to this global disaster the market will experience a decline in purchasing power which ultimately causing crypto prices to also decline
Will reduce the value of bitcoin, because people's purchasing power also goes down. Basic needs will be a priority compared to investment or trading in bitcoin. Usually global disasters will be accompanied by high inflation because state finances are also sucked in to cope with the disasters that occur.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:00:01 AM

Usually natural disasters do not affect the cryptocurrency market, and this is not a disaster. If the Earth really suffers from the catastrophe, all the coins will depreciate significantly. Ordinary earthquakes and disasters do not affect the cryptocurrency market.
earthquakes, will damage the internet network, so that more or less will affect the activities of bitcoin transactions, especially for countries that have a lot of bitcoiners

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:31:38 AM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

I think, if the world would be put to a global disaster  the only thing that could happen or the most likely to happen is that everythig would be affected negatively, if we are talking about bitcoin and the whole crypto system then I think the value of cryptocurrencies would definitely go down, and I think its not only the cryptocurrency but our current currencies would fall as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: