Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin legal? Not according to U.S. government  (Read 7233 times)
Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:29:09 AM

who gives a damn about the US?

Your and everyone else in the world should care if you care about freedom and liberty.

If the US falls, the rest of the world is not far behind.

We citizens of the world are brothers and sisters. We need to unite under freedom and liberty, for that is our true common bond.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:32:00 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about bitcoin, but I think the Feds are not going to be happy.

With all due respect, but... who gives a damn about the US?

I care because I have to live in the same house with the bully.  You should care because he is also known to leave his own house and beat the kids on the next block whenever he starts feeling insecure about himself.  And he carries a damn big stick.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:55:50 AM

Fucking feds.
BenRayfield

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:04:00 AM

Supporters of Bitcoin and moving toward a decentralized society in general, should "give a damn about the US" and all other countries because global politics and power and economics is a very unstable system, ready to collapse into World War 3 much faster than you think, and we should all try to make sure LOCAL CHANGES ARE AVOIDED and GLOBAL CHANGES HAPPEN SMOOTHLY. We should not try to overthrow any government or escalate conflicts, and such governments will feel less need to attack the idea of a decentralized society, giving us flexibility to implement it the right way. Instead we should use things like Bitcoin and Wikileaks to make such changes smoothly and quickly. Anyone who knows calculus knows you can be smooth and fast at the same time. That's why you should give a damn about US and every other country, and less importantly, every Human life is valuable which is something most people say with their mouth but not their actions. If you can't look at the bigger picture, then please let someone else think for you who does think about those things.

CAFxX

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 08:45:10 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2011, 09:14:32 AM by CAFxX

if you care about freedom and liberty.
Yes I do. The thing "the US" doesn't get IMHO is that a person's freedom ends where another's begins. It's too easy building your citizens' freedom at the expense of other peoples'.
Mind you: I'd be equally critic if this were to be the position of the EU or whatever else. It's just that these kind of things generally come always from the US (ACTA, SWIFT, etc.) - so I get started up pretty easily when somebody links "freedom" and "US".

And BTW, I disagree with the primadonna view of the US: no, you're not strictly needed. Simlarly, the EU is not strictly needed, Japan is not strictly needed, China isn't either and so is India. Nobody's strictly needed.
lmlbs

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:51:26 AM

Your and everyone else in the world should care if you care about freedom and liberty.

If the US falls, the rest of the world is not far behind.

We citizens of the world are brothers and sisters. We need to unite under freedom and liberty, for that is our true common bond.

According to the very insightful movie posted above US HAD already fallen - as long ago as 1913 (FRS/IRS creation)

The problem is to bring the original principles US was founded on back. By now, the WHOLE WORLD is ready to REVOLT against the RULE OF BANKSTERS (call them Rotshilds if you wish). It's very sad to see the US being perceived as the Banksters, but it is so - US is totally occupied by them.

I'm into Bitcoin for this reason, as well as because it's a great technology and social phenomena. Are people of the US ready to do their share in establishing of the Fare New World Order? Forget about capitalizm/communism - I want to have MY MONEY BACK. Money is a social phenomana. They belong to the people, not to the Govt, not to any social class (if we use Marxist discourse), not to any nation, not to any corporation.

I don't like Banksterism, I don't like Socializm or Communism. I just want the normal free market back. With taxes on monetary gains ONLY. In other words, nobody should be able to hoard MONEY. If you can spend what you've earned - no taxes. So - majority of people will not pay any taxes. But those - like these Banks now, that have TRILLIONS in reserves, shall pay, and Govt. SHALL put these money back into the economy. Seems simple.

Maybe with Bitcoin and no ability to issue more money when somebody is hoarding them we can demonstrate that it's simple to run the economy and w/o Banksters and corrupt Govt. the Free Market will do what it does - grouth, prosperity and happiness to the people.
CAFxX

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 09:23:36 AM

I care because I have to live in the same house with the bully.  You should care because he is also known to leave his own house and beat the kids on the next block whenever he starts feeling insecure about himself.  And he carries a damn big stick.

All right, I concede that maybe "to care" wasn't the right verb to use. In the proper sense I do care because I strive to do all that's legitimate for a non-US national to do to change this (IMHO) for the better (with the obvious boundary of preserving US nationals' freedoms).
Beside that, I don't care.
Bind

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 10:51:09 AM

if you care about freedom and liberty.
Yes I do. The thing "the US" doesn't get IMHO is that a person's freedom ends where another's begins. It's too easy building your citizens' freedom at the expense of other peoples'.
Mind you: I'd be equally critic if this were to be the position of the EU or whatever else. It's just that these kind of things generally come always from the US (ACTA, SWIFT, etc.) - so I get started up pretty easily when somebody links "freedom" and "US".

And BTW, I disagree with the primadonna view of the US: no, you're not strictly needed. Simlarly, the EU is not strictly needed, Japan is not strictly needed, China isn't either and so is India. Nobody's strictly needed.

You are not speaking about the US.

You are speaking about the insidious influence who puts dupes and minions into power throughout world governments.

Those bastardizing what this country and the rest of the free world were built upon are the ones you should direct your vitriol towards. Not any nation nor its people.

The rest of the world is all bought up with WB/IMF loans they cant even pay the interests on. Europe already fell to the globalists geopolitical and financial power. The asian union and african union are not far off. All it would take is for america to fall completely to start a chain reaction steamrolling to world towards a global police state with centralized executive, legislature, judiciary, and military.

Go read some realy history books, not the ones they give you in school not the information in the media. They are dividing and conquering us by splitting us apart. We are brothers and sisters fighting the same battle in the same war.

There is still time while we have freedom left.

If freedom and liberty were truly gone, we would be arrested for having this discussion and put in re-education camps.

It's not to late... for now.

▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bind

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 11:13:39 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2011, 11:29:31 AM by Bind

According to the very insightful movie posted above US HAD already fallen - as long ago as 1913 (FRS/IRS creation)

The problem is to bring the original principles US was founded on back. By now, the WHOLE WORLD is ready to REVOLT against the RULE OF BANKSTERS (call them Rotshilds if you wish). It's very sad to see the US being perceived as the Banksters, but it is so - US is totally occupied by them.

I'm into Bitcoin for this reason, as well as because it's a great technology and social phenomena. Are people of the US ready to do their share in establishing of the Fare New World Order? Forget about capitalizm/communism - I want to have MY MONEY BACK. Money is a social phenomana. They belong to the people, not to the Govt, not to any social class (if we use Marxist discourse), not to any nation, not to any corporation.

I don't like Banksterism, I don't like Socializm or Communism. I just want the normal free market back. With taxes on monetary gains ONLY. In other words, nobody should be able to hoard MONEY. If you can spend what you've earned - no taxes. So - majority of people will not pay any taxes. But those - like these Banks now, that have TRILLIONS in reserves, shall pay, and Govt. SHALL put these money back into the economy. Seems simple.

Maybe with Bitcoin and no ability to issue more money when somebody is hoarding them we can demonstrate that it's simple to run the economy and w/o Banksters and corrupt Govt. the Free Market will do what it does - grouth, prosperity and happiness to the people.

You are talking about a tool they use. A symptom of the problem.

They own the presses and can print all the money they want.

Its about power and control.

To create a propagandized world where everyone thinks they are happy. Enslaved by debt and obligation, doing their patriotic duty as outlined by indoctination and manipulation. A control grid.

Money gives them that power and control to influence dupes and minions. Put them into office. Using change agents to indoctrinate and manipulate the public into seeing things how they do. Establishment controlled media, establishment controlled schooling, establishment controlled social programs, establishment controlled society. Pressuring people to think in mainstream ways even if deep inside they disagree or question it, they dont want to be different. This is how they steal our wealth and our rights by enacting legislation under public support by that very indoctrination and manipulation that takes more rights and freedom. Using more oppressive and tyrannical leaders and laws.

Why do you think the governemnts frown upon militia, patriots, and constitutionalists and have used media to try and change public perception of them ?

Its all about a few controlling the many. A return to serfdom. So they live like kings with anything they want, while everyone else serves them and gets as little as possible, jsut enough so they wont revolt and kill the king. Its simply rolling back time to the age of Pharohs and Kings whos word was law and no one had any rights.

They biggest tools are war and the money.  If they can kill our resolve and disenfranchise us enough, we may be willing to accept world government as the only saving grace.

The ecnonomy, global warming, the ozone threat, world wars, police actions, the enviromental movement, and many more are all tools used to change the hearts and minds of the people.

they are slamming us from 100 different directions with just as many tools.

they want all land, all wealth, and all resources for themselves.

the manipulation and indoctrination are working for them.

They change agents are gradually changing the hearts and minds of the people.

the divide and conquer strategy is working.

The main problem is the people for our apathy and disinterests in what truly makes us free. Very few citizens feel they ahve the ability and responsibility to protect their own freedom, while many do not even recognise that there is a problem, let along knowing the cause and what they can do to fix it even if they recognised it.

if a few billion armed world citizens stood up to them in unison with an ultimatum, they would run like cowards.

▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TheBlinding

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 11:27:49 AM

it really doesn't matter.
The government is pretty much powerless in tackling a P2P network with no centralized location.
They can try and tackle institutions like Mt Gox but it'll be a cat and mouse game.
freeto (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 02:12:46 PM

Watch this interview with Gavin Anderson bit coin programmer/administrator. It's eye opening, especially what he says about working with the government,  using bitcoin is not anonymous, the exchanges are registered with the government and complying with all laws.  This guy also gave a talk to the CIA this week. You can find the link for that yourself.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7368784n
Auspician

Activity: 126
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:08:26 PM

Sure you can trace every transaction, but it isn't between Person A and Person B, it is between BTC address A and BTC address B.  And if the users of Bitcoin are smart about it, there will be nothing tying them to the account.

Honestly the developers are being smart about this by giving the impression of cooperation with the gov't - or maybe they think they are really cooperating.  Either way, an intelligent userbase can all-but deny oversight into their private transactions.
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:32:47 PM

If a revolution ain't illegal it ain't a revolution.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: