Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:16:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
excelerator

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:20:46 AM

We are pleased to announce that Dr Dimitris Antoniadis will be joining the project team to focus on pilot delivery and governance.

Dimitris is highly respected within the construction sector, with particular expertise in delivery of complex projects. He has provided a profile summary:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc3ie9q7lwt8gxt/Antoniadis_Publications_v01.pdf?dl=0 ...

@coins101 I was looking at the Helium leadership team at https://heliumchain.org/team/ and I don't see your profile as part of the leadership.  What is your official capacity at Helium?  I see the CCO is responsible for community so don't understand where you fit into the scheme of things (unless you're the CCO and I missed that).  Perhaps you're the CMO as you're making new announcements?

He is the co-founder / CTO

I'm sure that's possible, but I can't establish that from any posts here at BTCTalk or anywhere.  Even on the Helium site everyone on the leadership team has a "mouseover" bio but the "co-founder / CTO" so that role and background is mysterious in itself.  Easy for coins101 to just re-state what you wrote.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:44:50 AM

We are pleased to announce that Dr Dimitris Antoniadis will be joining the project team to focus on pilot delivery and governance.

Dimitris is highly respected within the construction sector, with particular expertise in delivery of complex projects. He has provided a profile summary:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc3ie9q7lwt8gxt/Antoniadis_Publications_v01.pdf?dl=0 ...

@coins101 I was looking at the Helium leadership team at https://heliumchain.org/team/ and I don't see your profile as part of the leadership.  What is your official capacity at Helium?  I see the CCO is responsible for community so don't understand where you fit into the scheme of things (unless you're the CCO and I missed that).  Perhaps you're the CMO as you're making new announcements?

He is the co-founder / CTO

I'm sure that's possible, but I can't establish that from any posts here at BTCTalk or anywhere.  Even on the Helium site everyone on the leadership team has a "mouseover" bio but the "co-founder / CTO" so that role and background is mysterious in itself.  Easy for coins101 to just re-state what you wrote.

coins101's involvement with helium is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, rolled up in a sleeping bag sucking cones through a wizard bong, battered in a year long sickie, deep fried in a lazy Sunday afternoon on the couch. Best to consider him as someone from the past, and not rely on him for anything. If he delivers cool, but don't expect it, and don't expect any explanations. Helium did well without him.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:40:49 PM

Did anyone try a one wallet MN setup, instead of Hot-cold (local-remote) wallet setup as described in the tutorial?

I mean - try to run a masternode and control it using the one single hot wallet. That is a standard setup, which should be the simplest one... and it works on all other MN coins I have setup before.
Yesterday I spent hours trying to make it work - to no avail. It just throws stupid errors, like "Not capable masternode: cannot connect to x.x.x.x:9009", or just "Not capable masternode: " - without error description.
Gave up yesterday. Today moved the controlling part to the remote wallet - boom, it worked immediately.

So I suppose there is either a bug in HLM MN implementation (as the single hot wallet setup works for other MN coins); or an intended security limitation - it this case it should be documented, and the daemon should throw some meaningful error message - like "Not capable masternode: only local-remote setup is supported." or something better...

Just wanted to report this, in case if it's not widely known and discussed in slack/telegram/discord already Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
teela

Activity: 116
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:41:14 PM

Did anyone try a one wallet MN setup, instead of Hot-cold (local-remote) wallet setup as described in the tutorial?

I mean - try to run a masternode and control it using the one single hot wallet. That is a standard setup, which should be the simplest one... and it works on all other MN coins I have setup before.
Yesterday I spent hours trying to make it work - to no avail. It just throws stupid errors, like "Not capable masternode: cannot connect to x.x.x.x:9009", or just "Not capable masternode: " - without error description.
Gave up yesterday. Today moved the controlling part to the remote wallet - boom, it worked immediately.

So I suppose there is either a bug in HLM MN implementation (as the single hot wallet setup works for other MN coins); or an intended security limitation - it this case it should be documented, and the daemon should throw some meaningful error message - like "Not capable masternode: only local-remote setup is supported." or something better...

Just wanted to report this, in case if it's not widely known and discussed in slack/telegram/discord already Smiley

I think this guide does that for windows machines: https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternode-setup-guide-windows-local

Its a setup up for running multiple MNs on one local machine (afaict, never used this set up). I don't think there is anything that prevents you from running a hot node. Haven't been able to test it yet though.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:02:08 PM

I think this guide does that for windows machines: https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternode-setup-guide-windows-local

Its a setup up for running multiple MNs on one local machine (afaict, never used this set up). I don't think there is anything that prevents you from running a hot node. Haven't been able to test it yet though.

That setup uses dedicated controller wallet (albeit local), so it is different. I was using Linux, and. most importantly, I was trying to use a single wallet (single datadir etc) both as MN itself, and as controller. That setup could be interesting for smaller holders only, but well... smaller holders are the most important user category for real decentralization, so having this setup working is important too, IMHO.

RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:21:00 PM

That setup uses dedicated controller wallet (albeit local), so it is different. I was using Linux, and. most importantly, I was trying to use a single wallet (single datadir etc) both as MN itself, and as controller. That setup could be interesting for smaller holders only, but well... smaller holders are the most important user category for real decentralization, so having this setup working is important too, IMHO.

Do you have a static public IP?
MadaraAvenger

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:33:15 PM

More and more decentralized projects are coming into cryptos but it's good to see that the Helium made it with no obstacles and the work for the wallet is really amazing, you have good designers for sure.

drays
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:46:29 PM

Yes, sure, I was doing that on a Linux VPS on Vultr. The "Not capable masternode: cannot connect to x.x.x.x:9009" statement made me wonder the most, as I checked and was able to telnet to that port ("telnet x.x.x.x 9009" on my machine).

DuzyGej

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:27:41 PM

currency without exchange Smiley
When Cryptopia ?

RzeroD

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:40:04 PM

When Cryptopia ?

I didn't know that CREX24 was not considered an exchange: https://crex24.com/exchange/HLM-BTC
teela

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:17:19 PM

Yes, sure, I was doing that on a Linux VPS on Vultr. The "Not capable masternode: cannot connect to x.x.x.x:9009" statement made me wonder the most, as I checked and was able to telnet to that port ("telnet x.x.x.x 9009" on my machine).

As said: nothing keeps you from running a hot node. And I haven't been able to check it. Soon as I can I'll tell you but then again: why run a hot node in the first place.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:25:02 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 12:35:40 PM by drays

How about you you write the fucking guide yourself instead of asking.

Not sure I get what you mean. And looks like you didn't understand what I was telling. I am asking neither for a guide, nor for a help. Neither a new guide for running a single hot wallet is needed (or possible) for me to write, as it doesn't seem to work currently (unless someone re-tests this and reports to be working somehow).
I just reported a possible issue with the MN implementation, which I found while trying to setup a hot MN wallet - just in case if this indeed a bug to be fixed, and just in case if it is interesting for developers and/or community. I do not insist on fixing this, neither am asking for your help or valuable advice, dear Mr. Mrrr (I am still a fan of your brilliant Haiku collection post, regardless of this particular outburst Smiley).

As said: nothing keeps you from running a hot node. And I haven't been able to check it. Soon as I can I'll tell you but then again: why run a hot node in the first place.
So better to tell - nothing but possible bugs Smiley
Regarding the reason for running a hot node... well, that is one of the possible ways to run it, and it is the most resource-friendly way if you run just one node (as you keep just one copy of blockchain + save CPU some power), so I assume there could be users willing to run that way. As to me, I am currently running the controller wallet separately on different PC, as this is the working way.

sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:04:11 PM

@drays @teela

Also doesn't running a cold wallet on VPS require another PC with hot wallet? Some people are unanble to run masternode in cold/hot wallet setup. It would be great if anyone can check if this problem is problem is common.
teela

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:43:18 PM

How about you you write the fucking guide yourself instead of asking.

Not sure I get what you mean. And looks like you didn't understand what I was telling. I am asking neither for a guide, nor for a help. Neither a new guide for running a single hot wallet is needed (or possible) for me to write, as it doesn't seem to work currently (unless someone re-tests this and reports to be working somehow).
I just reported a possible issue with the MN implementation, which I found while trying to setup a hot MN wallet - just in case if this indeed a bug to be fixed, and just in case if it is interesting for developers and/or community. I do not insist on fixing this, neither am asking for your help or valuable advice, dear Mr. Mrrr (I am still a fan of your brilliant Haiku collection post, regardless of this particular outburst Smiley).

So better to tell - nothing but possible bugs Smiley
Regarding the reason for running a hot node... well, that is one of the possible ways to run it, and it is the most resource-friendly way if you run just one node (as you keep just one copy of blockchain + save CPU some power), so I assume there could be users willing to run that way. As to me, I am currently running the controller wallet separately on different PC, as this is the working way.

I've my coins on Cryptopia Smiley Soon as I can I'll test it. As said afaik there is nothing that prevents this set up. But there is only one way to find out Smiley
DuzyGej

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:26:14 PM

When Cryptopia ?

I didn't know that CREX24 was not considered an exchange: https://crex24.com/exchange/HLM-BTC

I have 7834HLM stuck on Cryptopia.
When Cryptopia start?

RzeroD

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:00:14 PM

When Cryptopia ?

When Cryptopia start?

When Cryptopia can, we can't do more
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:42:15 PM

When Cryptopia ?

When Cryptopia start?

When Cryptopia can, we can't do more

until cryptopia staked enough with our coins  Roll Eyes
RzeroD

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:50:29 PM

until cryptopia staked enough with our coins  Roll Eyes

Check it out for yourself: https://heliumchain.info/#/address/SQTstaCXN3vNjSCjJbVA9Z7ecrsYcTjYKn
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:24:04 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 03:09:34 AM by faetos

When Cryptopia ?

tomorrow, trollface - https://twitter.com/cryptopia_nz/status/1052378849017716736?s=21
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 05:49:39 AM

FINALLY!!! I'm excited to fire up my HLM masternode. Hopefully no withdrawal issues with Cryptopia.  Cheesy

KUDOS to the HELIUM team!  Smiley

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: