Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:06:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN [CREA] Decentralized Communities that reward creators of digital arts  (Read 116247 times)
laissezfaire

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:10:26 PM

Yep, I'm looking into Swedish-based NovaExchange.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yaroslav195

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:30:35 PM

Dev, what shell we do? Good news Before running your platform. Undecided
Ridjal

Activity: 567
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:48:27 PM

Hi everyone, Cryptopia has not contacted us before making this decision.
We are trying to reach them to get more detailed information about it. Also we are going to offer them fairer and less drastic solutions than delisting the currency straight ahead.

We'll keep you all updated!
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:51:06 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 02:25:10 AM by Rogerdale

We are trying to reach them to get more detailed information about it. Also we are going to offer them fairer and less drastic solutions than delisting the currency straight ahead.

I think your should better switch to PoS or PoS/PoW to fight double spend attacks. Otherwise double spend issues will rise again and again.

And if you are not a scam, please make an effort to list yourself on Bittrex (but you might need to solve your double-spend vulnerability before listing).
laissezfaire

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:38:44 AM

I think your should better switch to PoS or PoS/PoW to fight double spend attacks. Otherwise double spend issues will rise again and again.

And if you are not a scam, please make an effort to list yourself on Bittrex (but you might need to solve your double-spend vulnerability before listing).

The CREA dev team is definitely not scamming anyone.  They are fighting a just cause.  This is one of the very few cryptos I trust and believe in.  However, I do agree with your stance on PoS & PoS/PoW, although, I would like to hear from the team an explanation as to why that change hasn't been made.
digaran2

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:46:46 AM

I am sad to here that the creav will delisted by Cryptopia. after ICO of creative,i hold my coins always and wait the great progress from dev.
I beleive the team can solve the double spend well.
but it should be fast,if not,all the inv will lose interest !
Rogerdale

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:56:03 AM

By the way, why don't you become an asset on Ethereum? Collect all CREA tokens, burn them and issue same amount of new tokens.
Protus

Activity: 383

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:18:34 AM

The CREA dev team is definitely not scamming anyone.  They are fighting a just cause.  This is one of the very few cryptos I trust and believe in.  However, I do agree with your stance on PoS & PoS/PoW, although, I would like to hear from the team an explanation as to why that change hasn't been made.

The update of the core is already developed, new POW with the new algorithm SHA-3 keccak and DigiShield retarget, a technology that already applies robust currencies like z-cash. This update helps distribute hashing power and improves network security.

We need one more day to complete all the tests.

We will continue to report all updates  Wink

Thanks
Ridjal

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:24:16 AM

We have a solution to what happened with Cryptopia with something we have been talking about not officially because it is not finished yet. We will make it public in a few hours and it is about a change in the structure of the core of the coin that will be significant.
Also, the platform is taking shape and honestly, it is even better than what we expected. With its launch, will be destined a marketing plan that we have designed and in which we are going to be 100% involved.
We only hope that you do not feel bad about the situation and continue to trust us because we have things planned to solve it.
We hope to continue counting on your support for our future initiatives. Remember that your CREA are worth a lot!

poiseulle

Activity: 448

Provide high-quality Chinese translation

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:35:09 AM

Feel sorry about what happened in Crypto... The team should make some formal announcement about what had happened and what solutions they have. For a long-term investor, who wants to check back every few months or even years, he will be very confused and panic

BTW, I also think POS or hybrid POS/POW is better
Ridjal

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:01:02 AM

Feel sorry about what happened in Crypto... The team should make some formal announcement about what had happened and what solutions they have. For a long-term investor, who wants to check back every few months or even years, he will be very confused and panic

Thanks poiseulle! We just got an answer from Cryptopia, they say that they receive so many tickets of abuse aimed at their staff (because of the 2000 confirmations), accusing them of being a Scam and now several threats of legal action because of the timeframe it takes for deposits of CREA to confirm.
We answered telling them our new updates in the core, and they said that their team will have to discuss together to consider keeping CREA again in their exchange. They will reach to us back. Cryptopia team is always been professional and effective, we respect and understand their decisions and we really hope they want to keep CREA listed. Let's see Smiley
igba

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:46:35 AM

We have a solution to what happened with Cryptopia with something we have been talking about not officially because it is not finished yet. We will make it public in a few hours and it is about a change in the structure of the core of the coin that will be significant.
Also, the platform is taking shape and honestly, it is even better than what we expected. With its launch, will be destined a marketing plan that we have designed and in which we are going to be 100% involved.
We only hope that you do not feel bad about the situation and continue to trust us because we have things planned to solve it.
We hope to continue counting on your support for our future initiatives. Remember that your CREA are worth a lot!

great! I recently saw the french presentation on YouTube, love the concept of how remixes can easily tie back to the ownership of the original owner so payments can flow, could even see it being tied into IOTA
Rogerdale

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:33:57 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 10:50:04 AM by Rogerdale

Obviously delisting from Cryptopia is the rock bottom and we want more active steps. I don't really believe that you didn't tell the community about new hashing algorithm in advance just because it was not tested. My understanding is that for developers it is better to announce changes in advance because it promotes the coin. So I guess that you came up with the solution only after the coin was delisted. And as far as I understand introducing new algorithm requires a hardfork. Is it already scheduled?

Also, do you have any plans to list CREA on Bittrex (once you improve the core)? At least that will be some kind of confirmation that the code is safe.
OnTheMoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:54:36 PM

Thanks poiseulle! We just got an answer from Cryptopia, they say that they receive so many tickets of abuse aimed at their staff (because of the 2000 confirmations), accusing them of being a Scam and now several threats of legal action because of the timeframe it takes for deposits of CREA to confirm.
We answered telling them our new updates in the core, and they said that their team will have to discuss together to consider keeping CREA again in their exchange. They will reach to us back. Cryptopia team is always been professional and effective, we respect and understand their decisions and we really hope they want to keep CREA listed. Let's see Smiley

Hope that Cryptopia team will leave Crea on the exchange and all problems will be successfully solved. But we need another big exchange for Crea and i think that Bittrex will be excellent solutuion. Waiting for a good time for this coin.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Protus

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:30:17 PM

Obviously delisting from Cryptopia is the rock bottom and we want more active steps. I don't really believe that you didn't tell the community about new hashing algorithm in advance just because it was not tested. My understanding is that for developers it is better to announce changes in advance because it promotes the coin. So I guess that you came up with the solution only after the coin was delisted. And as far as I understand introducing new algorithm requires a hardfork. Is it already scheduled?

Also, do you have any plans to list CREA on Bittrex (once you improve the core)? At least that will be some kind of confirmation that the code is safe.

Thank you for your contribution. 1 week ago we announced in bitcointalk the new algorithm. You can see it in the thread.

Of course, we want CREA to be in the best quality exchanges as this project deserves. With this update the currency will be much more robust and sophisticated.
Thanks  Wink
laissezfaire

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:40:07 PM

Thank you for your contribution. 1 week ago we announced in bitcointalk the new algorithm. You can see it in the thread.

Of course, we want CREA to be in the best quality exchanges as this project deserves. With this update the currency will be much more robust and sophisticated.
Thanks  Wink

Thanks for being so attentive to this ANN thread. I've invested in other projects in the past where the devs disappear for weeks at a time.  Keep up the great work! Cheesy
Rogerdale

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:41:54 PM

Thanks  Wink

Ok, I see. We all are waiting for the update. Will Digishield protect the coin against double spend attacks that can go from large GPU mining farms? I know that Digibyte uses multi-algo to protect against 51% attacks, other small coins are using PoS or hybrid PoS/PoW.
Protus

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:11:44 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 07:40:30 PM by Protus

Details of next CREA CORE update

In order to improve the core of Creativechain, we have developed some implementations that will give greater robustness to the blockchain of the project.
In this update we have focused on solutions to secure the network more efficiently, achieve greater decentralization of the network and protect itself from the power of multiple mining pools and its asymmetric hashing power.

DigiShield

It is a technology that implements a more dynamic recalculation of the mining difficulty.

Currently any cryptocurrency may have problems with large mining pools and high hashing power, once large pools increase the difficulty they automatically stop mining the coin, deposit the coins into the market, and they leave leaving the rest of the more dedicated miners with a very high difficulty and very few new coins to be mined. This situation discourages some miners as it would not be profitable to mine and eventually abandon mining. This scenario can lead to double-spending attempts or 51% attacks. At the same time it can slow down the blockchain until the next recalculation is reached.

DigiShield protects CREA against this threat and helps ensure greater confidence in any currency that implements it, allowing the difficulty to rise and fall almost perfectly synchronized with increases or decreases in the net hash of a currency.
DigiShield is an asymmetric approach to re-targeting difficulty. With DigiShield, it is possible to decrease the difficulty in movements larger than allowed to increase from block to block. This prevents a blockchain from being "stuck", that is, it does not find the next block for several hours after a significant drop in the net currency hash. It's all about balance. It should allow the difficulty to increase enough between blocks to achieve a sudden increase in the net hash, but not enough to accidentally send the difficulty to very high levels. The same happens when the difficulty decreases. Since it takes much longer to find the next block, you need to allow it to drop faster than it increases.
Currently the difficulty is recalculated every 720 blocks; with this implementation the recalculation will happen to be made each block (120 seconds).

Some projects such as DigiByte, Dogecoin, Z-Cash have recently successfully implemented DigiShield, providing robustness and protection to their coins.
Without a doubt, it will be a system that will give greater security to the ecosystem of the network of Creativechain.
+ info https://www.reddit.com/r/DigibyteBlockchain/comments/5n7fhv/what_is_digishield_how_it_works_to_retarget/

New SHA-3  KECCAK algorithm (POW)

The SHA-3 Keccak is an algorithm approved and certified by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). They have literally called it a next-generation tool for securing the integrity of electronic information. The SHA-3 algorithm Keccak has been the winner of several cryptographic contests becoming one of the algorithms best appreciated by experts. It is the improved evolution of the SHA-2 algorithm and has been developed as a safe-conduct to anticipate a possible future weakness that might appear in the SHA-2 algorithm.

The reason for changing the current algorithm (Scrypt) to SHA-3 is not only to increase security and modernize CREA technology. The implementation of this algorithm also brings other qualities to the POW as the possibility of mining with CPU or GPU to the detriment of ASIC. The possibility of mining with GPU and CPU will increase the distribution of hashing power in more workers and it will reduce the energy expenditure to secure the network.
At the same time, the option of mining with CPU allows the coin to be mined from any computer, opening the possibility of integrating in the platform client a mining software so that users can participate in securing the network while they earn CREA.

+ info: https://github.com/creativechain/creativechain-core/tree/keccak

To develop the core update in order to add these new implementations, a fork of the CREA blockchain has to be made.

The change is simple, it will only be necessary for the exchanges and the users to update the wallet to operate in the new fork.

This update has already been tested by the CREA team during the last weeks. Soon we will publish a new article indicating the exact day and time in which this update will occur.

If the implementation of these advances could be a nuisance for the users, they should think that any improvement that we make is for the good functioning and to reach new successes in the history of Creativechain.

Thanks!  Wink
AaronD

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:08:00 PM

Can someone link me to a list of mining pools that are actually active? Also, the block explorer, if there is one? I'm looking for the pool with the highest hashrate. The ones linked in the first post are dead.
Ridjal

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:35:16 PM

Can someone link me to a list of mining pools that are actually active? Also, the block explorer, if there is one? I'm looking for the pool with the highest hashrate. The ones linked in the first post are dead.
Hi Aaron, the official pool is: https://miner.creativechain.net/
Block explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/crea/#
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: