Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28561 times)
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:07:49 PM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Bitcoin really defeated gold when talking about the value. The value of the bitcoin today is now very high. Many people are now preferring bitcoin than gold because they know the advantages of having bitcoin.

Political events and other factors are what to pay attention to and nothing else. There was no group of investors that were sitting and waiting for this moment to buy.Its the news and the use which has made bitcoin more valuable than the gold. No one who have thoughts 9 years before, when first bitcoin was made that it could reach such new heights.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
esatceza

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:27:14 PM

Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
I think Bitcoin has a lot more elements than gold, so it's easy to beat bitcoin through gold. When it comes to Bitcoin, people will think about decentralization, account information security, and theft prevention. Besides, we can use it for every transaction around the world with just internet connection. Gold does not do that, it's just stable and it's around the world but it's easy to lose and taxed.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
edward9953100

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:40:27 PM

yes bitcoin defeated a gold because the bitcoin price increase daily  Kiss  Undecided
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:42:33 PM

Bitcoin price is volatile and it can even exceed gold's price. It multiplied into 5 times in just short time. And I think it will keep growing till the end of the year.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:43:51 PM

I think Bitcoin has a lot more elements than gold, so it's easy to beat bitcoin through gold. When it comes to Bitcoin, people will think about decentralization, account information security, and theft prevention. Besides, we can use it for every transaction around the world with just internet connection. Gold does not do that, it's just stable and it's around the world but it's easy to lose and taxed.
Yes, bitcoin has varied features that are quite promising to profit the users. But gold as a commodity backing always has high secure nature compared to bitcoin. Also gold can be used as a reserve with its long year history. Bitcoin in terms of price as well profiting has defeated gold.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:47:37 PM

No no no. That is not how you define a defeat. The price of bitcoin might be high but the gold is still more valuable than bitcoin.
It may be on the same field because both are commodities it is just that bitcoin have a "/" which is a currency. But when you see history gold is like currency before. The value of gold have increased so much. That price doesn't tell everything, it is the usage and the demands of gold that makes it expensive and most of all there are still a lot to be mined unlike bitcoin.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:49:24 PM

Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now! Not only gold, soon Bitcoin will beat diamond , ruby , ... or other thing else in the world !
Bitcoin does not have to beat precious stones, precious stones cannot be used as currency because you need to be an expert in order to grade them and that violates one of the most basic characteristics of money, that it needs to be easily interchangeable.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:12:45 PM

No no no. That is not how you define a defeat. The price of bitcoin might be high but the gold is still more valuable than bitcoin.
It may be on the same field because both are commodities it is just that bitcoin have a "/" which is a currency. But when you see history gold is like currency before. The value of gold have increased so much. That price doesn't tell everything, it is the usage and the demands of gold that makes it expensive and most of all there are still a lot to be mined unlike bitcoin.
i think in modern time the interest of the people is now converted from bitcoin into gold, therefore i think that bitcoin is no valuable than gold. i am bsure that bitcoin will continue giving profit for along time,  in fact gold is best option for saving money, if a person want to save their money for a long time then he should invest his money in gold as gold has a very stable price and we can expect a very slight change in the price of gold.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:18:13 PM

Bitcoin currently has defeated gold by a large margin because bitcoin just touched 4600 dollars somedays before (has now dropped to 4100 dollars) beating gold prices. But the only issue I see here is that Bitcoin has bigger fluctuating rate than that of gold. Bitcoin just faced a sudden drop of 400 to 500 dollars in a very short span even gold rates fluctuate but not by that of a big margin. Still I would say it is better to invest in Bitcoin now as speculations are that bitcoin values may even reach higher than 5000 dollars.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:23:04 PM

I don't think that bitcoins has defeated gold as both are different things and are great investment in their own field of interest.Bitcoins are volatile unlike gold which are every stable and keeps on increasing just like bitcoins.Gold is kinda of very safe investment with minimum risk and long term profits whereas dealing with bitcoins you need to know when to buy and have patience.But there are various features with bitcoins but gold have none other then having safe market and is a physical thing.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:37:42 PM

I don't think that bitcoins has defeated gold as both are different things and are great investment in their own field of interest.Bitcoins are volatile unlike gold which are every stable and keeps on increasing just like bitcoins.Gold is kinda of very safe investment with minimum risk and long term profits whereas dealing with bitcoins you need to know when to buy and have patience.But there are various features with bitcoins but gold have none other then having safe market and is a physical thing.
Yea bro as you said bitcoin is bit risky to deal with you gotta have patience and know about when to buy when to sell that is which I absolutely agree with you but when a person knows these things he can deal in bitcoin and 'maybe' able to earn huge profits from bitcoin. And as also you said gold is safer to invest in and deal with, I agree but that low risk low reward. Some people may agree to the gold investment part actually not some but many.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:49:07 PM

I soubt Bitcoin already beat Gold. Indeed, Bitcoin is having a higher market capital and market value compared to Gold, but still Gold has a physical market value and more stable marrket price compared to Bitcoin. Gold can be used in most of the countries while there are still countries wherein Bitcoin is not yet legal as a currency. Maybe in the future it will totally beat Gold but as of now, Gold is still a better investment than Bitcoin.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:15:12 AM

Nothin is impossible in this world. As we see bitcoin already beat the gold. Bitcoin is so popular because of its value and it is easy to earn that a gold. That's why many people wants to earn bitcoin rather than gold because in gold it is really hard to earn while in bitcoin you can just earn through online.
Bitcoin is better than gold in many aspects but gold also has its own charms. If I offer you gold today, obviously you won't deny taking it. That means you still value it. However bitcoins surpasses gold in terms of profits and transactions, no doubt.
You are right. We all value gold even in the present day. I think value of gold id there at its own place. The only difference which we are looking today is this that the value of Bitcoin in comparison to that of gold has been increased very much. This is why people are lie more attracted towards Bitcoin.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:28:07 AM

Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Except when ETF will see a denial traders who are gearing towards even higher price will dump their coins.
Never say never, if you think that we will have $1200 price as a new floor you can be disappointed in two weeks.
In 2013 we had our first ATH and then month later bitcoin dropped to $200. What makes you think that we can't see similar situation in 2017?
I agree nothing can stop bitcoin as far as now but in the future many cryptocurrency will appear so we didnt know what happen in the future. I can say that the value of bitcoin now defeated the gold becuase it will totally increasing compared to gold and bitcoin will useful and profitable.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:24:36 AM

who knows, maybe one day it will surpass the value of an entire apartment

imagine one day seeing online:
"Newly Renovated Four Bedroom Apartment Downtown Manhattan"
Price: 1.5921025 BTC
I want to see this advertisement as soon as possible. I am keeping bitcoins with the same hope of buying such things when bitcoins will increase manifolds in their price as compared to current prices. I believe bitcoins are not going to disappoint me and all other investors who are loyal to bitcoins.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:45:40 AM

I think a 1 single Gold is still much more valuable than 1 single Bitcoin but maybe in terms of the growth through the years the real winner is Bitcoin and no doubt about that because Bitcoin is not yet 10 years in existence.

As Gold is tangible while Bitcoin is not it is in different league but with a certain amount of value you can differentiate them but please never compare them and tell that Bitcoin defeated gold.

Gold has been on the earth since dark ages and the use has gone wild by now that why it is having that much value. But just look at the bitcoin, it not even full grown child and it has got the value competing to gold. This could not be achieved with any other asset and ven if you try to create one another it will fail to do so.

Yeah I know there is no comparison should be done with these two assets which are completely different in nature. One is gold, a precious metal and another is bitcoin which is virtual and bunch of codes over the blockchain. But still we can see the power of advancement and choice of people to invest money. That's for sure digital one and with the advancement it will increase more.

Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:48:34 PM

Yes, bitcoin has varied features that are quite promising to profit the users. But gold as a commodity backing always has high secure nature compared to bitcoin. Also gold can be used as a reserve with its long year history. Bitcoin in terms of price as well profiting has defeated gold.
If you want to compare the value of Bitcoin to the value of Gold now, of course Gold is loser with Bitcoin. But remember, Gold has a long time history than Bitcoin many much, from feudal period we had used Gold for keep safe our money, Gold also a precious jewelry Smiley

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████