Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:50:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28561 times)
iron talon

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:19:35 PM

I still can't say right now which one is the best because I myself haven't tried trading yet but Im planning to trade if I'm ready and know how it works. As of now investing is best for me,ever since I joined in this forum and participated on signature campaigns I invested my bitcoin earnings, and I can see some profits since then which I cash out and use for our daily needs.

We don't have to choose on what's the best between them, gold will always be at the top tier of investments and will be followed by the real property investments.

Diversifying your investment from gold to bitcoin or just have them both and if you still haven't tried to trade, you better try to trade with bitcoin > alt coin.

I can't say that bitcoin has defeated gold, there's no competition for these two beautiful investment.

Exactly because gold has been in existence since  and has withstood the test of time  and we still have good use for it and so i would'n't write off gold at any point because its also a better commodity and bitcoin only surpassed an ounce of gold and not a kilogram
Yes gold has been there since the time of the creation of this world (not to debate about religion) or with the oldest era and civilization time, gold has been treated as a precious one.

We can't compare the old precious one to the new precious one in this modern era. Both has it's respectful characteristics that everyone starts to love it.

I don't know why people keep on comparing it as 1 bitcoin = 1 ounce of gold.

They are comparing because the common units of bitcoin and gold is 1 for each. Like 1 bitcoin and 1 ounce of gold. Very wide units.

We don't need to compare them, they're in different sectors, and comparing them doesn't provide any benefit to the community at all.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:17:07 PM

Also we should note, that everyone always goes back to gold because that was the only choice they had every time when fiat failed. Now humans have 2 choices, when fiat collapses and it's headed that way, they will run to metals(gold and silver) and crypto currencies(bitcoin leading) . So of course people are always going to run back to gold. Now with the internet, the younger generation are a lot more skilled with computers and it will be way easier to purchase bitcoins than gold, the most important, it's way easier to spend bitcoins then spend gold. I looked into gold a couple years ago, but gold was too complicated. Gold is great if i want to change my fiat into gold, but the big problem comes when i want to spend it. Good luck trying to purchase a steam game using gold. Not only that, i can't tell if it is real or not. Gold has too many problems, i understand why gold has never actually been used as money as we got more globalized. It's too heavy, not easy divisible, and hard for average people to know if it is counterfeit. We've hit a jackpot wit Bitcoin, whoever created has brought one of the greatest invention since the internet.
Exactly! Gold is no doubt a god way of investing your money but it will not help you earn a very good amount of profit as compared to that of profit which you can get by investing in Bitcoin. Bitcoin has no doubt defeated the gold. People are taking out their money from gold and are investing in Bitcoin.
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:26:38 PM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Yes it is no longer news for the gap between one Bitcoin and one onc of gold is so wide. Bitcoin has triple the market value of gold in recent time reason been that the demand is so high. Though, in terms of market capitalisation gold is higher because it has been in existence for longer period as compared to Bitcoin.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:13:34 AM

I still can't say right now which one is the best because I myself haven't tried trading yet but Im planning to trade if I'm ready and know how it works. As of now investing is best for me,ever since I joined in this forum and participated on signature campaigns I invested my bitcoin earnings, and I can see some profits since then which I cash out and use for our daily needs.

We don't have to choose on what's the best between them, gold will always be at the top tier of investments and will be followed by the real property investments.

Diversifying your investment from gold to bitcoin or just have them both and if you still haven't tried to trade, you better try to trade with bitcoin > alt coin.

I can't say that bitcoin has defeated gold, there's no competition for these two beautiful investment.

Exactly because gold has been in existence since  and has withstood the test of time  and we still have good use for it and so i would'n't write off gold at any point because its also a better commodity and bitcoin only surpassed an ounce of gold and not a kilogram
Yes gold has been there since the time of the creation of this world (not to debate about religion) or with the oldest era and civilization time, gold has been treated as a precious one.

We can't compare the old precious one to the new precious one in this modern era. Both has it's respectful characteristics that everyone starts to love it.

I don't know why people keep on comparing it as 1 bitcoin = 1 ounce of gold.

They are comparing because the common units of bitcoin and gold is 1 for each. Like 1 bitcoin and 1 ounce of gold. Very wide units.

We don't need to compare them, they're in different sectors, and comparing them doesn't provide any benefit to the community at all.

It's not right to compare 1 bitcoin to 1 ounce of gold they have their very own good characteristics and bad points if you are an investor.

I really can't understand a digital thing being compared to a thing that's literally existing as physical investment. And we know that gold is old but never been old.

Bitcoin is new and still making it's noise in the world.

Mailly

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:26:02 PM

I never recognized the Bitcoin vs. Gold paradigm. In my check out, they are both excellent retailers of value in their own correct.The mining process of Bitcoin virtually resembles the procedure of physical treasured steel mining. Monetary inflation prices are predictable for both, Bitcoin and Gold. Each can not be inflated at will. So I see them as (digital/physical) sisters, not as enemies.
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:32:07 PM

Gold has been and will be most valuable! The first global natural disaster will show you how worthless electronic currency, for the most part tied to electricity... And the centuries accumulating gold was mined and valued;)

In ancient times gold will be proud and very trying to find as many different things with the modern world that is done in technology seems bitcoin will be a dream for all people who have an increasingly binding price every year Wink
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:51:27 PM

Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.

Maybe sooner,bitcoin will defeated gold value,this is my opinion.the only things bitcoin is greater than gold is that bitcoin can use in stock exchange while you cannot barter  gold in the market.bitcoin is visible and you can carry it anytime in your wallet, whenever you wer go, while you cannot carry gold anytime in your pocket because its huge.
There are many aspects in which gold has been defeated by bitcoins and the market of gold is getting destroyed by bitcoins on daily basis.

Many bitcoin investors were previously gold investors and they have left gold for very simple reason and that is its highly stable market price. People want changes on regular basis and they are that why adoring bitcoins.
This is not correct, I do not see gold holders leaving their favorite precious metal and investing in bitcoin at best some of them are getting some bitcoin just in case but they are keeping their holdings of gold intact, if what you said was happening we will see a decrease in the market cap of gold that will be very pronounced and and increase in the market cap of bitcoin.
nelsledma

Activity: 572

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:48:01 AM

Bitcoin may be worth more than gold currently, but I believe gold will eventually rise higher as well. Gold has over 10,000 years of history backing it, it isn't going anywhere.
The price of gold is being suppressed by paper gold, at some point in the future when people are no longer fine with accepting paper gold and want the real thing the value of gold is going to skyrocket and when that happens people will wish that they held gold as well, at least we have bitcoin but many people do not have bitcoin or gold.
I don’t agree with this because gold has its own value in the world market. It is a solid shape of money. On the other hand bitcoin is a new digital currency and most of the people still don’t even know the name. It is not so easy for bitcoin to replace gold because of the trust and acceptance of the people all over the world. In the future the same will continue although bitcoin will be the mainstream.
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:41:27 PM

Gold has been and will be most valuable! The first global natural disaster will show you how worthless electronic currency, for the most part tied to electricity... And the centuries accumulating gold was mined and valued;)
Most valuable? I don't believe that, for the most part, do you think having no electricity will be left unsolved? I don't think so, because almost anything now is dependent on electricity. Every economic related things are now semi-dependent to electricity, we needed it for the transactions of goods from our country to other countries and vice versa. And even if it will happen, gold will not do as good as you think it will be. Since gold is a non-renewable resource, all we consider valuable will not be the same if electricity don't function anymore.
Kikeeping

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

Gold not be invincible by bitcoin. Maybe a bit more value in bitcoin, but gold capitalization is much larger than bitcoin and more trusted as a longterm investment choice since centuries ago.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Mukulislam

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:34:07 PM

Obviously bitcoin defeated gold am so happy that i have some of bitcoin that i buy last year and i stored them to my wallet.Bitcoin price is higher than the gold it is more expensive now.Bitcoin will grow more as the time passing.Currently bitcoin price is pump ($4854.50).   
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:50:00 PM

yes bitcoin will crossed  the gold market but as we know from the history it has no stability so its good news for now that the market value of bitcoin is higher than gold but we should look ahead for this it has strongly defeated gold and it will defeat other currencies as well.

xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:57:21 PM

i can't believe that bitcoin prices are really higher than gold now that it had become a safe haven asset for investors, if SEC approve it to be on the list of assets bitcoin price will really soar more than just gold and more investors will really profit from it and it will attract many more users such as investors when bitcoin currently circulating the market
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:54:48 PM

Bitcoin may be worth more than gold currently, but I believe gold will eventually rise higher as well. Gold has over 10,000 years of history backing it, it isn't going anywhere.
The price of gold is being suppressed by paper gold, at some point in the future when people are no longer fine with accepting paper gold and want the real thing the value of gold is going to skyrocket and when that happens people will wish that they held gold as well, at least we have bitcoin but many people do not have bitcoin or gold.
I don’t agree with this because gold has its own value in the world market. It is a solid shape of money. On the other hand bitcoin is a new digital currency and most of the people still don’t even know the name. It is not so easy for bitcoin to replace gold because of the trust and acceptance of the people all over the world. In the future the same will continue although bitcoin will be the mainstream.
value are important indeed , but bitcoin are more than just about value , we can see that the current rate between gold and bitcoin are so contrast , bitcoin leading with huge value but it is just make people keep speculating about how they consider it as bubble.

bitcoin are a digital money that you can spend it anywhere anytime easily , unfortunately yes only for limited people only while gold are well known already. and that is the big problem.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:58:02 PM

yes bitcoin will crossed  the gold market but as we know from the history it has no stability so its good news for now that the market value of bitcoin is higher than gold but we should look ahead for this it has strongly defeated gold and it will defeat other currencies as well.

that to give up gold today will be very stupid. The fact is that Bitcoin has a certain weight, but only in that society, which today is very limited.
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:36:48 PM

value are important indeed , but bitcoin are more than just about value , we can see that the current rate between gold and bitcoin are so contrast , bitcoin leading with huge value but it is just make people keep speculating about how they consider it as bubble.

bitcoin are a digital money that you can spend it anywhere anytime easily , unfortunately yes only for limited people only while gold are well known already. and that is the big problem.
But soon, people will know about bitcoin just like what they did to gold. When the first human was born, I do not think that he did know what gold is and how to use it. Therefore, bitcoin still has many years to prove that it can become gold and replace gold in the future. Bitcoin is better than gold in many ways. It is digital, so basically it cannot be harmed by natural elements like gold. And people right now tend to hold bitcoin just like other are holding gold Wink
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:28:00 AM

Nothin is impossible in this world. As we see bitcoin already beat the gold. Bitcoin is so popular because of its value and it is easy to earn that a gold. That's why many people wants to earn bitcoin rather than gold because in gold it is really hard to earn while in bitcoin you can just earn through online.
Bitcoin is better than gold in many aspects but gold also has its own charms. If I offer you gold today, obviously you won't deny taking it. That means you still value it. However bitcoins surpasses gold in terms of profits and transactions, no doubt.
You are right. We all value gold even in the present day. I think value of gold id there at its own place. The only difference which we are looking today is this that the value of Bitcoin in comparison to that of gold has been increased very much. This is why people are lie more attracted towards Bitcoin.
I also agree with that. Bitcoin has its own place in the market and the gold has its own values. Some people buy gold and hold it for their capital, besides some people have most ambitious about starting investment in some fast growing gaining profitable business like bitcoin in this day.

So I think both have their own values and as good as the people think it would be for their future purposes.
I also the same as you mentioned here. Both have their own values and market cap. People till date believes in gold mostly and because bitcoin is a new digital currency many people still are unaware of it and they will take time to believe, accept and invest in bitcoin. Defeat of other currencies is easy for bitcoin but in case of gold it is not so easy because people want guarantee for their investment.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 05:37:44 AM

But soon, people will know about bitcoin just like what they did to gold. When the first human was born, I do not think that he did know what gold is and how to use it. Therefore, bitcoin still has many years to prove that it can become gold and replace gold in the future. Bitcoin is better than gold in many ways. It is digital, so basically it cannot be harmed by natural elements like gold. And people right now tend to hold bitcoin just like other are holding gold Wink

That depends on your specific purpose

As many have already said (me included), gold and Bitcoin (as well as other cryptocurrencies) are used for different purposes. Gold as coins and bars, on the one hand, is used to store wealth, i.e. as a means of preserving value, while Bitcoin is used for speculation, i.e. for multiplying your wealth (and possibly losing it). As you can see, there is no competition between gold and Bitcoin, and the same investor or speculator can use and keep both without having a lot of cognitive dissonance

robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:01:40 PM

who knows, maybe one day it will surpass the value of an entire apartment

imagine one day seeing online:
"Newly Renovated Four Bedroom Apartment Downtown Manhattan"
Price: 1.5921025 BTC
I want to see this advertisement as soon as possible. I am keeping bitcoins with the same hope of buying such things when bitcoins will increase manifolds in their price as compared to current prices. I believe bitcoins are not going to disappoint me and all other investors who are loyal to bitcoins.
Like you many people have bought bitcoin in the hope that one day it will overcome all the businesses in the world because of the fast growing price. And the holders are anxiously waiting for that time so that they will earn more and more money when the price will go much higher figure. Besides gold market prices are very slow and the investors wait for a long time to take their shares in the profit.
I do think the same. The investors are waiting for that time when bitcoin will take over all the currencies of the world. But one thing is obvious that bitcoin has given a lot of earnings to its investors. They have made a lot of money in the past few years. Although its price decreased to less than 3000 dollars but it regain its price and still going higher and higher and one day it will overcome all the business of the currencies of the world.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:23:26 PM

That depends on your specific purpose

As many have already said (me included), gold and Bitcoin (as well as other cryptocurrencies) are used for different purposes. Gold as coins and bars, on the one hand, is used to store wealth, i.e. as a means of preserving value, while Bitcoin is used for speculation, i.e. for multiplying your wealth (and possibly losing it). As you can see, there is no competition between gold and Bitcoin, and the same investor or speculator can use and keep both without having a lot of cognitive dissonance

Agreed with your post. If you want to preserve your wealth, there can be no asset which is safer than gold. The only thing is that because it is a physical asset, it can be seized by the authorities or stolen by the thieves.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: