Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:50:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28561 times)
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

bitcoin has defeated gold but the price of bitcoin and the price of gold is unstable so we dont know what we dont know but we  know what we know and that is why we need to believe in bitcoin and the rise of it.
You can’t compare the number of people investing in Bitcoin with that of those Investing in Gold. There are lots of people Investing in Gold from around the world. Yes, you can say that bitcoin is best, because you’re investing in it. Who would say their choice isn’t the best? Lol
People that recognize they have made a mistake perhaps? Gold is very good but lets face the facts gold cannot go up as much as bitcoin for the simple fact that the market cap of gold is huge when you compare it to bitcoin, this is the same thing that happens to altcoins and bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kidsuzudn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:09:54 AM

Also we should note, that everyone always goes back to gold because that was the only choice they had every time when fiat failed. Now humans have 2 choices, when fiat collapses and it's headed that way, they will run to metals(gold and silver) and crypto currencies(bitcoin leading) . So of course people are always going to run back to gold. Now with the internet, the younger generation are a lot more skilled with computers and it will be way easier to purchase bitcoins than gold, the most important, it's way easier to spend bitcoins then spend gold. I looked into gold a couple years ago, but gold was too complicated. Gold is great if i want to change my fiat into gold, but the big problem comes when i want to spend it. Good luck trying to purchase a steam game using gold. Not only that, i can't tell if it is real or not. Gold has too many problems, i understand why gold has never actually been used as money as we got more globalized. It's too heavy, not easy divisible, and hard for average people to know if it is counterfeit. We've hit a jackpot wit Bitcoin, whoever created has brought one of the greatest invention since the internet.
Mailly

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:49:00 PM

I not fond of evaluating the price of gold in opposition to bitcoin. Of course they have the very same similarities like store of price, but I do not think that price is a single of the very best device to evaluate them the two. Gold has been with us for 1000's of many years and been employed as hedge by a lot of nations all through centuries. There are no wars that isn't going to involved gold as hedge or payments for other countries in trade of components utilized in war or even meals. While bitcoin is nonetheless youthful and its a digital forex, and not even acknowledged by a whole lot of nations yet. So we will not know how it could be helpful in the course of economic collapse or war which gold experienced already established through time. It really is great to see the price tag of bitcoin is above gold now, but we never require to evaluate them. IMHO.
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:50:28 AM

Yes Bitcoin has defeated Gold. I believe that near future Bitcoin will become the best among any other form.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
CheeseZineSlash

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:38:41 AM

This is bitcoin. Digital currencies are in fantastic demand from customers among various circles, which can beat the price tag of gold, bitcoin commenced to be attractive bitcoin holders in the coming yr bitcoin can skyrocket considerably in current charges. you do not imagine. Then you will regret for getting overlooked bitcoin for now.
joshua10

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:51:03 AM

I think maybe bitcoin can beat the gold, especially if it's really increased because bitcoin is so high that you're really surprised that if you ask me how much bitcoin can beat gold.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:56:54 AM

Yes Bitcoin has defeated Gold. I believe that near future Bitcoin will become the best among any other form.
Bitcoin is slowly getting into that. The price of bitcoin is getting more stable compare to the past history of prices of bitcoin and that is the proof that bitcoin market is getting into the stage of being mature and not that young anymore. I can see that in the future, bitcoin will become the most in demand currency and also an investment because of its possibilities and potential.
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:39:27 AM

Bitcoin is slowly getting into that. The price of bitcoin is getting more stable compare to the past history of prices of bitcoin and that is the proof that bitcoin market is getting into the stage of being mature and not that young anymore. I can see that in the future, bitcoin will become the most in demand currency and also an investment because of its possibilities and potential.
I could agree to that, I mean Bitcoin really has a heck of value right now and it even defeated gold price-wise that is. It really is going steady but, I wouldn't be sure about that since it is volatile and eventually it will reach a more higher value before the end of the year.

But then again, don't forget about Altcoins, they're also coping up slowly and they also have increased their value that enough.
IvanPont

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:45:22 AM

Bitcoin has won gold only on demand, but gold still exists in the real world and has not lost its value. In addition, many still do not trust bitcoin unlike gold.

yurekaa

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:47:03 AM

Defeated?

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Comparing 1 bitcoin's price to an ounce of gold's price absolutely makes no sense at all. If you want to make some sense, compare their market cap's.

Luckily for you, zerohedge already did that.

Can you see the tiny %0.1?

%49 vs %0.1

Who defeated who? Wake up.

Saying that BTC defeated Gold. Is like saying a Honda Prius is faster than a Ferrari California because the Prius is red and the California grey, since red is a fast colour

compare wrong thing. not same thing
bitcoin with ethereum can compared. gold is pure treasure

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:51:13 AM

Bitcoin has already passed gold in terms of market price. However, gold has many advantage of bitcoin. But bitcoin is now the new investment portfolio that most people are going to. There was even a article saying that a gold investors, sold half of his gold to enter the bitcoin market. And its getting mature already but still the price is very unstable. However, this is what we like about bitcoin because as trading we can make profit out of the volatility of bitcoin. But we need to understand the gold is gold and it has several advantage over bitcoin that even we have surpassed its price, its still more valuable for some investors.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Merovius

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 11:59:17 PM

Well, I would not say that bitcoin has "defeated" gold exactly; although the USD price of one bitcoin has risen well above that of one ounce of gold, this does not mean that gold will lose its advantages as a store of value. It is still nice to be able to hold some gold or silver in physical form, where it cannot be hacked and is not subject to counterparty risk. Gold has a very long history of maintaining stable purchasing power across different time periods and national currencies even as its value in terms of the local fiat currency can fluctuate significantly. Recently, however, bitcoin has been a much better vehicle for pure speculation and is now worth many more ounces of gold than it was at the beginning.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:55:06 AM

Well, I would not say that bitcoin has "defeated" gold exactly; although the USD price of one bitcoin has risen well above that of one ounce of gold, this does not mean that gold will lose its advantages as a store of value. It is still nice to be able to hold some gold or silver in physical form, where it cannot be hacked and is not subject to counterparty risk. Gold has a very long history of maintaining stable purchasing power across different time periods and national currencies even as its value in terms of the local fiat currency can fluctuate significantly. Recently, however, bitcoin has been a much better vehicle for pure speculation and is now worth many more ounces of gold than it was at the beginning.
Gold is a true safe haven for our money because they are stable and they are slowly going up and after a lot of years they will cost more than what we expect while bitcoin is a good currency we can use as an investment and money and it is a great aggressive investment but we need to make sure that we have back up like gold.
GoodOne

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:21:42 AM

Gold is a true safe haven for our money because they are stable and they are slowly going up and after a lot of years they will cost more than what we expect while bitcoin is a good currency we can use as an investment and money and it is a great aggressive investment but we need to make sure that we have back up like gold.

It is supported by idea and demand of believers in whole crypto future and payments concept.
The only problem is banking system and govs who would like to have their piece of cake and to be in control
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:31:12 AM

I still can't say right now which one is the best because I myself haven't tried trading yet but Im planning to trade if I'm ready and know how it works. As of now investing is best for me,ever since I joined in this forum and participated on signature campaigns I invested my bitcoin earnings, and I can see some profits since then which I cash out and use for our daily needs.

We don't have to choose on what's the best between them, gold will always be at the top tier of investments and will be followed by the real property investments.

Diversifying your investment from gold to bitcoin or just have them both and if you still haven't tried to trade, you better try to trade with bitcoin > alt coin.

I can't say that bitcoin has defeated gold, there's no competition for these two beautiful investment.

Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:00:09 AM

I still can't say right now which one is the best because I myself haven't tried trading yet but Im planning to trade if I'm ready and know how it works. As of now investing is best for me,ever since I joined in this forum and participated on signature campaigns I invested my bitcoin earnings, and I can see some profits since then which I cash out and use for our daily needs.

We don't have to choose on what's the best between them, gold will always be at the top tier of investments and will be followed by the real property investments.

Diversifying your investment from gold to bitcoin or just have them both and if you still haven't tried to trade, you better try to trade with bitcoin > alt coin.

I can't say that bitcoin has defeated gold, there's no competition for these two beautiful investment.

Exactly because gold has been in existence since  and has withstood the test of time  and we still have good use for it and so i would'n't write off gold at any point because its also a better commodity and bitcoin only surpassed an ounce of gold and not a kilogram
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:05:44 AM

Hey
Yes its a very good new thats bitcoins have crossed the market value of gold but you should keep in mind that this trend is temporary only.
Obviously gold is something that has an intrinsic value that could never go down appreciably but bitcoins keeps on fluctuating ... Also mate its not that bitcoins have crossed over the value for gold!
Its that * currently the value of bitcoins have crossed over its value for gold*
Who knows what will happen in the future thus there is no surity.
So the people who brought gold from bitcoins are already benifited therefore they don't nees to feel bad Smiley
And they can already buy new bitcoins with that gold for a brief time...
Thus nothing is lost ...
Also its wise to invest in something that is stable.
Its just completely my point of view others view might vary..

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Andrew882003

Activity: 126

ICO PlusCoin

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:07:34 AM

Gold has been and will be most valuable! The first global natural disaster will show you how worthless electronic currency, for the most part tied to electricity... And the centuries accumulating gold was mined and valued;)
Nathland

Activity: 317

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:57:09 AM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
I think Bitcoin has a faster rate of growth than gold without any doubt but I don't think that Bitcoin has defeated in terms of popularity as gold without any doubt is the most popular investment of the world.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:17:45 PM

Exactly because gold has been in existence since  and has withstood the test of time  and we still have good use for it and so i would'n't write off gold at any point because its also a better commodity and bitcoin only surpassed an ounce of gold and not a kilogram
Yes gold has been there since the time of the creation of this world (not to debate about religion) or with the oldest era and civilization time, gold has been treated as a precious one.

We can't compare the old precious one to the new precious one in this modern era. Both has it's respectful characteristics that everyone starts to love it.

I don't know why people keep on comparing it as 1 bitcoin = 1 ounce of gold.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: