Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:21:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28561 times)
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:01:56 AM

I think why Bitcoin can beat the gold because everyone likes new thing and I think gold has existed for a long time and many people that use Bitcoin so gold is not used much anymore.
so we should not have to be concerned about Bitcoin has defeated gold or not,because both have different advantages but mutually beneficial and I think the new generation will appear in the future that will beat Bitcoin,because Bitcoin is a new generation after gold.
plusquantu

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:26:35 PM

I personally do not agree with this because as much as bitcoin is profitable, gold is often noted for its stability through every economic change, crisis. It's among the strongest forms of assets there is, even in the earlier times.
palensya

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:01:58 PM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.

For me we should not compare bitcoin and gold because the two are very different. Bitcoi is a digital currency that has a very huge value that gold cannot even reach. Gold can be physically hold on by our hands and its value doesnt even affect the price of bitcoin. So though the two has different value they are incomparable to each other.

ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:05:40 PM

Not actually, since BTC cap is still way smaller than Gold cap. But if compare by inverstors interest, then probably, yes, it happened.

Still gold has a lot of other good features compared to bitcoin. I think people says bitcoin is greater or defeated Gold because it has a higher price then gold now and it is having a blast in terms of pumps.

Gold may be slow in movement and pumps, but Gold is more stable making it a safer way to invest unlike bitcoin which is volatile.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:09:45 PM

Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.

For me we should not compare bitcoin and gold because the two are very different. Bitcoi is a digital currency that has a very huge value that gold cannot even reach. Gold can be physically hold on by our hands and its value doesnt even affect the price of bitcoin. So though the two has different value they are incomparable to each other.
Yes i agree on that bitcoin is really different from gold but the two are both precoius now a days if we talk about  value both are almost the same they have the same big value the difference is that bitcoin is unstable and gold is stable that was maybe tbe factor that make bitcoin more popular each day and slowly defeating gold.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:10:50 PM

Let's not be so quick to shit on a medium of exchange which has worked for millennia, that kind of attitude gets you kicked in the balls.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Anonaneadone

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:20:43 PM

i agree that bitcoin is totally defeated gold but if you choose which is better to make investment. gold is totally sure in the times of long investment or any kind of investment but bitcoin has too much risk but definitely can get you rich quickly

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram   facebook   TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Criptomen@30

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:37:39 PM

Im no expert in bitcoin but I dont think thats True. Bitcoin is one thing gold another one
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:43:31 PM

i agree that bitcoin is totally defeated gold but if you choose which is better to make investment. gold is totally sure in the times of long investment or any kind of investment but bitcoin has too much risk but definitely can get you rich quickly

There is no doubt about it.  Gold has been a good investment way way back then.  But as to the performance and price, bitcoin surpasses gold miles away.  If I have a money, I will choose both as my investment.  Sure thing to have a good profit.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:57:41 PM

When it comes to profitability maybe yes, bitcoin defeated gold but we should not compare it because those two are completely different. "What if" there will be a time where bitcoin or even fiat might lose its value though it looks impossible but when that time comes, gold will probably take over the currency's place.

dboy3225

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:02:18 PM

yeah,obviously Bitcoin has defeated the gold. But when you asked this thread then bitcoin was $1260 and now you could see bitcoin price has been increased more then triple, and now bitcoin is $11,180.60
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:06:01 PM

There is no doubt about it.  Gold has been a good investment way way back then.  But as to the performance and price, bitcoin surpasses gold miles away.  If I have a money, I will choose both as my investment.  Sure thing to have a good profit.
I do not underestimate gold as a lucrative investment, but I think bitcoin is several times more profitable than gold, we have to be honest here that bitcoin has enormous potential in the future, and even in the near future bitcoin gives you a huge profit,,
SageJin

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:10:14 PM

Well i believe in bitcoin but think that it still as a lot of work and effort to put in so as to "defeat" gold because gold is more stable and has a better experience of the undulating market.
Lets just give it time to prove its true worth.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:13:14 PM

Well i believe in bitcoin but think that it still as a lot of work and effort to put in so as to "defeat" gold because gold is more stable and has a better experience of the undulating market.
Lets just give it time to prove its true worth.

Bitcoin may have surpassed over the value of gold but these are two different assets. Bitcoin is unique in terms of cryptocurrency and is a very good to own such one cause it will really make uou rich if managed well. Gold on the other hand is more stable and is widely accepted wherever you are in the world.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:05:52 PM

There is no doubt about it.  Gold has been a good investment way way back then.  But as to the performance and price, bitcoin surpasses gold miles away.  If I have a money, I will choose both as my investment.  Sure thing to have a good profit.
I do not underestimate gold as a lucrative investment, but I think bitcoin is several times more profitable than gold, we have to be honest here that bitcoin has enormous potential in the future, and even in the near future bitcoin gives you a huge profit,,
- Of course, if we talk about profit, potential and value, bitcoin is really a better choice than gold, the clear proof is that in recent years, bitcoin has become a hot investment and it is a phenomenon, the value of bitcoin in the beginning is still lower than the price of gold but gradually it is equal to gold and eventually it beats gold. Gold has been the past, many people still choose because they do not know bitcoin and they feel invested in gold is safe but in the future, when bitcoin becomes more popular, people will abandon gold and focus on bitcoin, bitcoin will beat gold in a radical way.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
powermagic

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:20:31 PM

I think bitcoin has beaten gold for now and even many people are investing their money to be more and more by bitcoin.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:40:04 PM

bitcoin currently completely defeats gold. bitcoin achieved the highest value in the history of the crypto world.
China8888

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:27:07 AM

Gold isnt dead... its still a top notch investment. Plus most of the stocks of it have been discovered and mined already. Not like a crap coin which can just be produced at anytime
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:31:38 AM

yeah,obviously Bitcoin has defeated the gold. But when you asked this thread then bitcoin was $1260 and now you could see bitcoin price has been increased more then triple, and now bitcoin is $11,180.60

In short term time we can say it has defeated the gold since the price has risen manifolds in last couple of years itself. On other hand gold has being a very stable and it has not given much gains like Btc . But in terms of existence we know gold was their in past and will exist in future too but Bitcoin would be a concern if government does not support it .

ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:50:16 AM

I would like to know how BTC and Gold are compared. Checking only the price seems too simple.
When he said BTC defeated gold, he's referring to the values of these two. In terms of value, bitcoin have really left gold behind. The usability and volatility of BTC is what makes it more preferrable than gold. Bitcoin is a ready-to-use asset especially in buying goods and paying bills. On the other hand, gold is often used in jewelries and local currency coins, and can't be access immediately unless you own a big gold mining company.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: