Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28561 times)
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:21:01 PM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Yes. It’s true that bitcoin has defeated gold in terms of prices. This is because of the increasing demand and popularity of bitcoin among the people around the globe. This is all because of the benefits that bitcoin provides. Like firstly, bitcoin is a digital form of currency so it does not need to be physically carried everywhere. Then trading bitcoin is so much easier than gold. Bitcoin wallet is a very safe wallet and bitcoins can’t be stolen from it easily whereas gold is a precious metal and has physical entity because of which it is easier to steal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:12:54 PM

Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.

In April 2017, when the bitcoin price overtook the gold price, a Gold Fund started investing in bitcoin:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/24/a-gold-fund-is-investing-in-bitcoin.html

Basically they put 5% of their fund into bitcoin, and to keep the investment at 5%, they sell when the bitcoin element exceeds that amount, and reinvest in gold. It's been profitable for them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:06:14 PM

Even if bitcoin defeat gold in terms of price. But gold is far better than bitcoin. Bitcoin value keeps moving. And golds value is more stable and i think gold are more secure than bitcoin.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:24:19 AM

Even if bitcoin defeat gold in terms of price. But gold is far better than bitcoin. Bitcoin value keeps moving. And golds value is more stable and i think gold are more secure than bitcoin.
No! according to me gold is not safer than bitcoin mate, if we look at the security you will have to keep all of your gold in safe or any kind of locker that you cannot carry with you all the time, having a lot of gold at your home will cause danger for you, but bitcoin have bitcoin wallets that you will not have to hide as you will use it in your phone you can carry a lot of bitcoin a the same time with you in bitcoin wallet without any fear of lose. So this way bitcoin defeated gold so far.
kikay15

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:40:20 AM

For me their are no currency can defeated gold, but bitcoin can level the value of gold.  Because everybody can own bitcoin unlike gold.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:06:52 AM

Yes true, I'm sure someday bitcoin marketcap can beat gold, the main thing is hope many countries soon follow Japan that has legalized bitcoin, and I'm sure this is a matter of time so we have to be patient.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:31:39 AM

it would have been like this. because it is a growing system. but gold can be worth every moment. may show variability with respect to policy followed by money barons. Btc gains even more power when it is involved in life.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:00:25 PM

Я дyмaю чтo биткoин дeйcтвитeльнo пoбeдил зoлoтo, пoтoмy кaк интepec к биткoинy pacтёт c гeoмeтpичecкoй пpoгpeccиeй. Mнoгиe люди c бoльшими дeньгaми бoльшe интepecyютcя биткoинoм и кpиптoвaлютaми чeм зoлoтoм.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:05:02 PM

Yes true, I'm sure someday bitcoin marketcap can beat gold, the main thing is hope many countries soon follow Japan that has legalized bitcoin, and I'm sure this is a matter of time so we have to be patient.

Japanese are regarded as the most intelligent people on the earth. Look at the Japanese brands, such as Toyota, Sony, and Panasonic. They are all famous for the superior quality and advanced technology. But you can't expect someone in Congo or Nigeria to think like the Japanese. So world-wide legalization will remain as a dream, for some time to come.
cabin

Activity: 604
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:25:33 PM

As it is happening now, Nothing to worry about. We envisaged this to happen that Bitcoin shall surpass Gold, and it has happened. We still so much believe that it shall continue to be no matter how though it is with the Bitcoin struggling situation. The Gold owners/miners may not like this being Fiat in nature of bitcoin and an on line Digital currency. but the fact remains that you always press hard for your specialization to top the world. May be by this scenario, our Government shall begin to see reason with us in any country why Bitcoin should be accepted and be given some kinds of regulation.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:14:11 PM

A lot of countries are for sure in the process of making bitcoin legal and the marketcap is not enough as a basis that the bitcoin will completely defeated gold because bitcoin already defeat gold and that is base on the technology that bitcoin does have and gold doesn't have which is a great thing to have rather than a piece of metal that cannot do anything.
Master Third

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:38:57 PM

I don't think you are right bro to say that gold was defeated by bitcoin. People around the globe under modern times knew that gold has no equal, the value never been decreasing but the as time goes by it is increasing and everyone loves to have it. Also there is no chance for the gold to lose the value. Unlike bitcoin that has a chance that its power over all cryprocurrency can be taken by other altcoin. Also remember that gold already exists from the past up to this modern world and there is nothing that can defeat it.
conneyXXX01

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:14:43 AM

I think that bitcoin really defeated gold, because the interest in bitcoin grows with a geometric progression. Many people with big money are more interested in bitcoin and crypto currency than gold.
destroyer01

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:37:23 AM

Both gold and bitcoin possess the properties of a viable currency a widely accepted medium of exchange; are fungible, durable, portable, divisible and scarce.But unlike gold, bitcoin exists within a system that can instantly transfer value worldwide, plus supply is constrained, potentially underpinning.The supply of bitcoin is starting to slow, and within the next two or three years, the number of coins discovered, mined, or rewarded will actually be slower than the amount of gold discovered, so bitcoin will actually be a rarer unit than gold.
excevia19

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:47:51 AM

its need much time for bitcoin to defeated gold.
today i saw chart of bitcoin and gold.
for bitcoin price is 10,567$/Coin and for gold is 43,130$/Kilo (USD rate)
and by saw that chart, i know that gold price is more stable than bitcoin.
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:14:10 AM

I think that bitcoin really defeated gold, because the interest in bitcoin grows with a geometric progression. Many people with big money are more interested in bitcoin and crypto currency than gold.
Yes true, bitcoin growth is amazing, I'm sure the increase in 2017 will be repeated this year, it is strange if many people are afraid to put all their money on bitcoin or prefer gold than bitcoin.

Qunetick

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:50:19 AM

Yes true, bitcoin growth is amazing, I'm sure the increase in 2017 will be repeated this year, it is strange if many people are afraid to put all their money on bitcoin or prefer gold than bitcoin.
Bitcoin is different from gold thatvis why comparing bitcoin to gold is quite anoying, if we speak physical appearance gold is amazing but if we speak about investing or trading it is really transparent that bitcoin really defeated gold, as what we all have seen bitcoin price Is unstable which lead all investors to gain a huge profit by doing proper buy and selling process, gold and bitcoin has there own characteristic and appearance that is why comparing both of them is not really advisable.

pallang

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:06:26 AM

We know that gold is already used by the people since the beginning up to now and it's price is getting higher since them and now that bitcoin is in the market and it's price is higher than gold but they are different in many aspects and they are popular in their own way.

GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:36:49 AM

Yes as expected though last year bitcoin surpassed the price of Gold , and suddenly shock the world and as of now many people noticing bitcoin and also bitcoin gaining it's popularity which positively gain more opportunities on the near future. And as of today bitcoin is decreasing because of the demand on the marketplace , a lot of whales and holders been panic selling then it result to decrease the price of bitcoin , but yet it's increasing and now just holding my coins , and waiting.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
werpak321

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:10:40 PM

Yes it is defeated because  for me it is better  for bitcoin  rather than gold,bitcoin price is higher than gold to
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: