Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:34:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BFL debt. $0.10 per dollar owed.  (Read 15967 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:51:30 AM

So no one wants to sell me apple shares for 20 usd then? they will be worthless one day, I promise.

You should offer to buy Berkshire Hathaway shares instead.  They're bound to crash any day now.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frankie Delaney (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:51:40 AM

Without giving too much away with regards to my legal strategy, 4 people have made themselves and their personal assets liable by representing themselves as officers of the company in more than 1 country. I'm not opening myself up to scammers by purchasing their "word" that they're selling me their order. I'm not an idiot, i wouldn't make the offer, and won't issue payment without a means to recover my investment. I made that mistake with my initial BFL order, and won't make it again.

You do realise that staff are not necessarily officers of a company regardless of their inflated job titles.  If you've managed to get 4 people to admit that they're directors of BFL, then more power to you - but you still have to prove more than incompetence on the part of BFL before you can pierce the corporate veil and go after their personal assets (assuming they're not smart enough to have made their assets judgement-proof).  

The reason why such litigation is so rarely pursued is because it's so damned expensive and the prospects of recovering meaningful amounts after legal expenses are so small, especially when multiple jurisdictions are involved.

The reason why i created this offer is because i wouldn't be able to recover the value of my refunds with my own orders. Collectively, WE won't be able to recover the value of our orders. At the value i have placed on BFL debt, i will be able to make myself whole, and people who would otherwise see no return will see something which they can then re-invest, and hopefully make themselves whole. This offer won't make everybody happy, but i believe for most it will provide something from nothing, and through my efforts allow me to at least break even(if not profit, if i'm honest). Again, i don't expect any PMs today, but at some point expect to be swamped.

I have requested and received a refund for my most recent order(of many, i have re-invested my mining proceeds in various offerings as readily as i could), but believe a request for every order would spark the run that would sink BFL as it sunk bASIC.
Frankie Delaney (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:57:09 AM

Whatever you paid to get rid of your scammer tag was too much.
I don't think so, and neither do the people whom I paid as they were people who placed bets with me and won. (e.g. the scammer tag was removed because I'm not a scammer)
Oh, right, you're just untrustworthy.

Quote from: untrustworthy shithead
I corrected you on a point by point basis

I couldn't see a single point in there, just baseless speculation of what you personally think happened.

Back to offering 10% of something people can get 100% for right now...

They can request 100% for right now. Whether they can get 100% for right now remains to be seen. As is the intention of this topic.

Why do you seem to have so much invested in the topic?
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:58:08 AM

if you were paying 0.1 BTC on the original BTC paid, I bet you'd get a lot of offers Smiley
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:04:39 AM

They can request 100% for right now. Whether they can get 100% for right now remains to be seen.

By you maybe. The rest of us saw it pretty clearly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167017.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169948.0

It's pretty public information that people have been given refunds in full on a regular basis for any order made up to the point they advertise "no refunds".

As for giving 10% of a refund on an order from BFL made *after* that period, I think the offer of 10% is insulting and suspicious despite BFL's drawbacks, and don't mind sharing that opinion in the thread offering it.

Why do you seem to have so much invested in the topic?

I think the offer of 10% is insulting and suspicious despite BFL's drawbacks, and don't mind sharing that opinion in the thread offering it.

Frankie Delaney (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:05:37 AM

if you were paying 0.1 BTC on the original BTC paid, I bet you'd get a lot of offers Smiley

I would also go broke in a god damn hurry. 0.1 btc on an original order would still put me at 55k for a minirig, and $2,400 for a single.
Frankie Delaney (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:09:46 AM

They can request 100% for right now. Whether they can get 100% for right now remains to be seen.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167017.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169948.0

No, it's pretty public information that people have been given refunds in full on a regular basis for any order made up to the point they advertise "no refunds".

The most recent of your examples is still over 10 days old, and of orders placed over 6 months ago. Again, i repeat, for those hard of reading(this means you Mathew N. Wright), if you feel they will ship, keep your order, by all means. if you think they won't, request a refund, when they don't, I am option three.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:17:36 AM

when they don't, I am option three.

Fair enough, but for the "hard of reading" I'll quote the other offers in this thread.

$0.75

I will pay 30 cents on the dollar.

You're more likely to be option five in all fairness.

Frankie Delaney (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:24:18 AM

when they don't, I am option three.

Fair enough, but for the "hard of reading" I'll quote the other offers in this thread.

$0.75

I will pay 30 cents on the dollar.

You're more likely to be option five in all fairness.

Assuming those two are even still reachable when the shit hits the fan. That's the point of this thread, that's why this thread isn't a reply to an auction thread for BFL debt. I have the BTC set aside for this very reason, i am buying the debt for a reason. Those two bullshit replies were posted with the intent of immediately requesting a refund for a 100% immediate BFL refund. A run on refunds would sink the company fucking over everybody else. I have no doubt that i would eventually buy the debt off of those two cunts at the 10% initially offered. A run on refunds would sink BFL as it did bASIC, i will break even or profit if BFL ships, this thread is to ensure that i will at bare minimum break even if they don't.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:26:47 AM

I have no doubt that i would eventually buy the debt off of those two cunts at the 10% initially offered.

How dare those cunts make a better offer than you. Your anonymous sockpuppet reputation is worth way more than theirs!!11

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:32:15 AM

Assuming those two are even still reachable when the shit hits the fan.

says the guy who's less than 30 days old to a person who's been a miner and active in these forums for two years.   we'll see who is still here IF bfl ever ships. (I've erased more posts than you've made).
Frankie Delaney (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:35:37 AM

Assuming those two are even still reachable when the shit hits the fan.

says the guy who's less than 30 days old to a person who's been a miner and active in these forums for two years.   we'll see who is still here IF bfl ever ships. (I've erased more posts than you've made).

says the guy useing a pseudonym with no risk to his orders. (i've never erased a post)

Like suddently this forum is the entirety of the bitcoin community, considering how often it shits itself, that wouldn't bode well for bitcoin in general. If only we could donate to the forum to improve the hosting/software[/sarcasm]
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:39:17 AM

. (i've never erased a post)

because you've not even been here a month.  after a while you get tired of seeing stupid posts (like this) and you grow tired of meaningless comments (like yours).  lock this thread, nobody's buying your bs offer.
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:42:44 AM

. (i've never erased a post)

because you've not even been here a month.  after a while you get tired of seeing stupid posts (like this) and you grow tired of meaningless comments (like yours).  lock this thread, nobody's buying your bs offer.

but why pennies on the dollar is such a good offer!!!
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:50:20 AM

alright alright 25 usd/apple share, better hurry before they go bust
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:53:17 AM

How about I just throw a bag of apples for 1 of your singles?
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:55:35 AM

How about I just throw a bag of apples for 1 of your singles?

If you slice those apples I will pay top dollars for your apple shares, whole apples are worthless to me however.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:38:40 AM

Bruno and smoothie, don't you find it odd that, even as an obvious sock puppet, OP has spent his entire time on the forums bashing BFL, now only to want to buy in? Might that be interpreted by some as an attempt to spread FUD for profit?

Fuck me, right. I am both a company shill and detractor. Angry customer with sunk costs is completely out of the question. I must simultaneously be both the company and the competition. Prepared to scam people by paying them money.
Serious Question,

Are you Inaba trying to soak up some customers legitimate pre-order slots for pennies on the dollar? If you are, do you know something we don't know about the refund situaiton?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 05:43:51 AM

Without giving too much away with regards to my legal strategy, 4 people have made themselves and their personal assets liable by representing themselves as officers of the company in more than 1 country. I'm not opening myself up to scammers by purchasing their "word" that they're selling me their order. I'm not an idiot, i wouldn't make the offer, and won't issue payment without a means to recover my investment. I made that mistake with my initial BFL order, and won't make it again.

Dude... you are the very definition of idiot. heh

Buying debt because "BFL won't ship."  Yeah.. good luck with that.  How about you lay some BTC on that in the form of a bet?  Lets say 500 BTC?  How many units do you consider as being valid for "shipped?"  5 units?    I'm more than willing to do escrow.

Let me guess... you're going to pull a Micon and not take the bet or put weird caveats on it, even though your claim is that BFL is a scam and/or that BFL won't ship... but you're not willing to bet on it.  It's idiots like you that are classic example of what an idiot is.  You make a claim, but then refuse to back up the claim and back peddle over and over when your ludicrous claims get wrecked.

Just take a look at Micon's history as far as claims for BFL goes.  He's made crazy wild claims repeatedly and each time they get wrecked, but he's so stupid he can't even understand why people don't take him seriously.  

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:46:40 AM

I'm confused... how do you have time to post in these forums... shouldn't you be puttin miners in boxes?

(and don't you owe on a bit from a failed bet for a missed shipping date or 6?)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: