Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BFL debt. $0.10 per dollar owed.  (Read 15970 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:52:30 AM

A lot can be said about Josh communication skills and diplomacy but the other side of the fence keeps pulling such retarded stuff out of their ass at times I don't think they have any say on the matter Tongue

So now we have external confirmation that BFL actually has a working product, let's see how many of you comes crawling back in secret, tho most of you probably never cancelled your pre-orders to begin with.

Truer words have never been spoken, sir.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:55:03 AM

Congratulations on staying out of prison (for now)

Truer words have never been spoken, sir.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:39:21 AM

How about you lay some BTC on that in the form of a bet?  Lets say 500 BTC?  How many units do you consider as being valid for "shipped?"  5 units?    I'm more than willing to do escrow.

Let me guess... you're going to pull a Micon and not take the bet or put weird caveats on it, even though your claim is that BFL is a scam and/or that BFL won't ship... but you're not willing to bet on it.

Wait, aren't you the guy that "shipped" something to Luke Jr to avoid loosing face?

At least try to avoid a wager where you threaten suicide this time, otherwise we'll start to get worried...
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 01:46:32 AM

I never made a wager that threatened suicide.  Please provide evidence that I made such a wager.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
surebet

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:06:38 AM

I never made a wager that threatened suicide.  Please provide evidence that I made such a wager.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/632-getting-ready-april.html#post9395

Cue bitching that this is not a wager.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:07:37 AM

OOO   MAKE HIM A SCAMMER!!!   INABA DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF SO HE MUST WEAR A SCAMMER TAG!!!!  (later in the thread he admits he is Frankenstein's monster awaiting the mob).
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 04:07:46 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/632-getting-ready-april.html#post9395

A) It's not a wager
B) The probability turned out to be zero, so even if it were a wager, it didn't happen.

So you perpetuated a lie.  Thanks for confirming proving my point.

surebet

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:12:15 AM

So you perpetuated a lie.

Shall we talk about how you, *cough*, "shipped" that dev unit to Luke?
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 04:26:15 AM

Sure, why don't you quote some posts of mine on the subject.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:33:15 AM

If I understand this correctly by "selling their debt" for $0.10 per dollar owed people are betting that there is less than a 1 in 10 chance BFL will ship. And they are not even going to try and get the refund themselves?

I can't imagine why anyone would do this, ever.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:03:24 AM

Read you post again so you can recognize your stupidity in the future.

Just so we are clear, your claim is that if I spent a sum total of about 20 minutes over the past couple weeks doing... something other than posting (what exactly) we'd "be shipping by now."  So you're saying that we are 20 minutes away from shipping, right?

Like I said, please re-read your post so you'll realize why what you post is so stupid.

Since, according to you, everyone is an idiot you're aware of that it takes more time than that, counting both reading and writing. Now, you made almost 800 posts since last october and since you're so smart you do the math.

How exactly do you get from "You're and idiot because of X" to "Everyone is an idiot?"  Oh... it's because you're an idiot.  You can't seem to understand the difference between a the general and the specific.

Don't you think you could had spent your time on something more important?

Let me guess, you're an hunt and peck "typist" and it takes you 10 minutes to write each sentence, right?  That's why you think it takes me an inordinate amount of time to write a post, right?  But, do tell, what is it you think I could have spent my time doing since last October that I haven't already done and have been doing?  Do you seriously believe I should spend every waking moment of my life doing "something" (which is as of yet undefined) related to ASICs?  Is that the position you're taking?  Really?

I've been here two years and even though BFL appears to have shipped FPGAs and ASICs I would never in a million years support a company who's front man is a an admitted troll like Inaba.

Suuuure you won't.  I suspect you already are or will end up just like Frizz and Frankie.  Frothing at the mouth at how you hate BFL and you think they are a scam while handing over an order, because deep down you know your words are bullshit; You just can't bring yourself to admit that all your vocal sputum was nothing more than a whiny, self entitled verbal tantrum that you're too embarrassed to fess up to.

1) remove extra chips and overclock them
2) make rigs out of stock
3) Make up stories that power output is a problem while delaying singles
4) Put rigs and singles to mine on your pool

Pricless

Hey all those mining rigs and singles you can't seem to build and deliver are making you a great deal of money on your pool. Criminals like you make bitcoin special.

Fuck you
surebet

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:34:27 AM

It's somewhere in this clusterfuck:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163261.msg1713429#msg1713429

So did you or did you not ship a unit to Luke before April?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:35:25 AM

A) It's not a wager
B) The probability turned out to be zero, so even if it were a wager, it didn't happen.

What about the 1000BTC wager? Or will you find another meaning to the words you said in order to avoid paying?

chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:02:39 PM

Quote from: Inaba
How exactly do you get from "You're and idiot because of X" to "Everyone is an idiot?"  Oh... it's because you're an idiot.  You can't seem to understand the difference between a the general and the specific.

I tell you... the majority your posts you say, in one way or another: "you are an idiot".

Quote from: Inaba
Let me guess, you're an hunt and peck "typist" and it takes you 10 minutes to write each sentence, right?  That's why you think it takes me an inordinate amount of time to write a post, right?  But, do tell, what is it you think I could have spent my time doing since last October that I haven't already done and have been doing?  Do you seriously believe I should spend every waking moment of my life doing "something" (which is as of yet undefined) related to ASICs?  Is that the position you're taking?  Really?

Guess you are one of the rare ones that can figure out exactly which thread and post to reply to, so you don't have to spend any time on reading through posts etc.
I'm just saying that there's better way to spend your time than sitting here and bitch on everyone... like getting professional help perhaps, because you are truly mentally disturbed.

I've been here two years and even though BFL appears to have shipped FPGAs and ASICs I would never in a million years support a company who's front man is a an admitted troll like Inaba.

Suuuure you won't.  I suspect you already are or will end up just like Frizz and Frankie.  Frothing at the mouth at how you hate BFL and you think they are a scam while handing over an order, because deep down you know your words are bullshit; You just can't bring yourself to admit that all your vocal sputum was nothing more than a whiny, self entitled verbal tantrum that you're too embarrassed to fess up to.

Why are you quoting someone else's statement and make it look like it's me who wrote it?
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:42:26 PM

I'm just saying that there's better way to spend your time than sitting here and bitch on everyone... like getting professional help perhaps, because you are truly mentally disturbed.

Disturbed?  Not likely.  Sociopathic lack of integrity and shame.  Yes.

Shipping to 1 customer (now 2 with 'coding in my sleep' BFL shill) then claiming you guys have shipped simply lacks integrity.

Did they teach you this sort of BS in the military, Josh?

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
fnordfnordfnord

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:45:11 PM

https://i.imgur.com/PVslWzc.png

A) It's not a wager

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thought seppeku [sic] means masturbating.
FloridaBear

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:51:14 PM

This is probably the closest to saying "they will not ship," but could also refer to the fact that BFL was obviously using customer preorders to fund R&D and there was never a guarantee that they would have a product. If they had failed, all of the "pre-orderers" would be completely screwed, as that money was GONE. Hence, Ponzi scheme that may have gotten lucky and actually produced a working product (sort of). +0

Unfortunately, your entire premise is false.  There is nothing "obvious" about BFL using customer perorders to fund R&D.  That's just a fantasy you've made up (or repeated, as the case may be) and there is no credible evidence to support this assertion.  You may wish it to be true and you may want to believe it to be true, but you are unable to produce any credible evidence to support your assertion, which essentially makes it false (since it is false), and the only credible source of information (whether you choose to accept it as credible or not is immaterial, since it's your ONLY source) states otherwise.

You're right that I have no direct evidence that customer funds were used, but the circumstantial evidence is pretty strong. The best way to generate orders is to advertise that you have a product to ship "soon," all the while collecting more and more preorders and pushing the date back further. That gives you lots of (ever increasing) funds to work with while you are still designing the chip, PCBs, placing orders for same, etc. If these funds are in escrow somewhere until units begin shipping, then I applaud BFL for doing that. But if that's the case, I sure hope for your customers' sakes that your sources of investment capital have very deep pockets. It's tough to operate a company of your size for 8 months with ZERO income.

I take that back. Actually, you could use some of Luke's preorder money now, since you "shipped" him a "single" to your lab.

Wow, the absolute definition of hypocrisy here. "Lying," "dirt bag," "piece of shit," you sure seem to fit all of those descriptions yourself, Josh. Amazing that you can throw them around so easily.

Really?  Can you point out where the hypocrisy is?  See, the problem is, you can't provide any evidence that I've done these things.  You may, again, want them to be true, but just because you want something so badly doesn't make them true.  The fact of the matter is, I have not lied or made up false information like Frankie here (or yourself, clearly)... and I can demonstrate that you have done so.  You are not able to do the same... there's a reason for that.  Frankie (and yourself) are lying, I am not.    If you disagree with this, please provide some evidence.  I've provided evidence that both you and Frankie are lying in this very post (and previous posts).  Your statement of "BFL is obviously using preorders for R & D" is an outright lie.  Frankie, we have already demonstrated his lying in great detail.

I believe you lied to customers about your "shipping soon" multiple times. I believe you were fully aware that you would NOT in fact be "shipping soon," and if you did believe it, well you are a bigger idiot than anyone you've been calling an idiot on this forum, and have no business being an officer of that company. Because of that lying (to customers and potential customers), that clearly also makes you a "dirt bag" and "piece of shit." Come to think of it, either way, you have no business being an officer of that company.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 03:54:20 PM

It's somewhere in this clusterfuck:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163261.msg1713429#msg1713429

So did you or did you not ship a unit to Luke before April?

Really?  Please point it out?  Or are you lying about that?

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 03:59:41 PM

This is probably the closest to saying "they will not ship," but could also refer to the fact that BFL was obviously using customer preorders to fund R&D and there was never a guarantee that they would have a product. If they had failed, all of the "pre-orderers" would be completely screwed, as that money was GONE. Hence, Ponzi scheme that may have gotten lucky and actually produced a working product (sort of). +0

Unfortunately, your entire premise is false.  There is nothing "obvious" about BFL using customer perorders to fund R&D.  That's just a fantasy you've made up (or repeated, as the case may be) and there is no credible evidence to support this assertion.  You may wish it to be true and you may want to believe it to be true, but you are unable to produce any credible evidence to support your assertion, which essentially makes it false (since it is false), and the only credible source of information (whether you choose to accept it as credible or not is immaterial, since it's your ONLY source) states otherwise.

You're right that I have no direct evidence that customer funds were used, but the circumstantial evidence is pretty strong. The best way to generate orders is to advertise that you have a product to ship "soon," all the while collecting more and more preorders and pushing the date back further. That gives you lots of (ever increasing) funds to work with while you are still designing the chip, PCBs, placing orders for same, etc. If these funds are in escrow somewhere until units begin shipping, then I applaud BFL for doing that. But if that's the case, I sure hope for your customers' sakes that your sources of investment capital have very deep pockets. It's tough to operate a company of your size for 8 months with ZERO income.

I take that back. Actually, you could use some of Luke's preorder money now, since you "shipped" him a "single" to your lab.

Wow, the absolute definition of hypocrisy here. "Lying," "dirt bag," "piece of shit," you sure seem to fit all of those descriptions yourself, Josh. Amazing that you can throw them around so easily.

Really?  Can you point out where the hypocrisy is?  See, the problem is, you can't provide any evidence that I've done these things.  You may, again, want them to be true, but just because you want something so badly doesn't make them true.  The fact of the matter is, I have not lied or made up false information like Frankie here (or yourself, clearly)... and I can demonstrate that you have done so.  You are not able to do the same... there's a reason for that.  Frankie (and yourself) are lying, I am not.    If you disagree with this, please provide some evidence.  I've provided evidence that both you and Frankie are lying in this very post (and previous posts).  Your statement of "BFL is obviously using preorders for R & D" is an outright lie.  Frankie, we have already demonstrated his lying in great detail.

I believe you lied to customers about your "shipping soon" multiple times. I believe you were fully aware that you would NOT in fact be "shipping soon," and if you did believe it, well you are a bigger idiot than anyone you've been calling an idiot on this forum, and have no business being an officer of that company. Because of that lying (to customers and potential customers), that clearly also makes you a "dirt bag" and "piece of shit." Come to think of it, either way, you have no business being an officer of that company.

There's little point in responding specifically to these paragraphs, as I think you may be finally getting a glimmer of understanding when it comes to the difference between what you believe (or want to believe) and reality.  You may believe these things, and that's fine.  You're welcome to believe whatever you want.  That just makes you wrong and gullible.  Making statements that things are facts, when that are not facts, however, is the problem.  As long as you preface your goofy statements with "I believe," then we don't have a problem, the problem starts when you state "You are doing X" and you have no proof or evidence for this.  Be like CreativeX all you want, you can believe things without evidence or proof, that just makes you stupid and/or ignorant.

surebet

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:01:25 PM

Really?  Please point it out?  Or are you lying about that?

I'm guessing your new strategy is to childishly keep asking for quotes, but are you really asking me to prove that you actually shipped out something in April March?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: