Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:52:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 25856 times)
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:32:20 PM

I don't know what people gave up? They looked in people's houses for a dangerous man, no one else was arrested so I think the manhunt was more important then anything else at that time.

So can I ask what is the appropriate way for a government to handle this situation? What do you say monday morning quarterbacks?

I was only responding about the Franklin quote, but since you insist upon antagonizing everyone who doesn't abide by your perspective, here's my take:

This administration is attempting to pass gun control laws while at the same time, it indulges in an inappropriate, wide scale display of force, which is akin to an effective form of martial law. This is the "what people gave up" part.

Handling the suspect in such fashion also constitutes a major contradiction with the habeas corpus, which is the corner stone of modern civilization, as you are enjoying right now. I don't understand how you can abide by these kind of practices, regardless of the evidence you think is acceptable to charge the suspect with.

The first step to tyranny is disarming the population and the formation of a police state. The second one is bypassing justice and its rigorous process on the premise of national priority. Look at what we have here. A single act of terrorism and the populace applauds while the fundamental ideals of its nation are being trampled by big centralized power.

^  _+1

deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:32:51 PM

Does anybody here know someone with video forensics skills? 

I could dust it for fingerprints if you want.

Cheesy   Every little bit helps??

nak

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:33:02 PM

No we have proof, security camera footage that is clear. But you want the time machine option that is ok.

Show me this video.

+1

Does anybody here know someone with video forensics skills? 
Does anyone know if this video even exists?

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:33:48 PM

The first step to tyranny is disarming the population and the formation of a police state. The second one is bypassing justice and its rigorous process on the premise of national priority. Look at what we have here. A single act of terrorism and the populace applauds while the fundamental ideals of its nation are being trampled by big centralized power.

One of the last steps of tyranny is capital control. Bitcoin now makes the end run around tyranny possible.
deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:34:12 PM

Does anyone know if this video even exists?

I'm guessing one of the mob members is preparing a link for us as we speak.  His torch must have gone out and he misplaced his pitchfork so it's taking a while.   Wink   

^  dems just jokes, I would like to see ALL the videos:

1.  Backpack drop  (with supporting photos, videos from cell phones from private citizens to help verify authenticity)

2.  Convenience Store Shootout  (security cams, dashcams, private videos)

3.  Moar?  are there more?

deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:40:20 PM

Still no one has answered this question...

So can I ask what is the appropriate way for a government to handle this situation? What do you say monday morning quarterbacks?

They should read him his miranda rights and have residents check their homes for bombs, reminding them not to touch anything.  Bomb squads handle questionable items.  I know it's possible some idiot may explode themselves  --  I would not allow this sick fellow to be tortured to prevent that possibility if it exists (which we don't know).

Everything else goes according to the rules of criminal law or the geneva convention.  

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:41:20 PM

As a proud American I'm happy the US Federal Government moved in to protect the citizens of my country from another citizen of my country who, obviously, lost his mind and had become a danger to us all.  You may be too young to remember 911 or you may be brainwashed into thinking somebody blew up the WTC who wasn't from the sands of Arabia.  

In this case the truth *appears* to be that we had two madmen bomb their hometown marathon.  It's unfortunate that we, who believe in freedom, are forced to accept horrifying acts like these but the reality is that madmen will never be stopped.  This is the price we pay to live in a FREE society.  There was not a single citizen in that neighborhood who objected to willingly give access to those proud American soldiers who tracked down and killed one piece of trash and trapped and arrested the other.  

We will learn everything there is to learn about how this bright young AMERICAN was led astray by his angry older brother, and then we will kill the piece of shit because THAT IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.  

There is a place that all you people who hate my homeland can go... it's called NOT AMERICA

You whiny little children make me sick.  
deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:44:43 PM

As a proud American I'm happy the US Federal Government moved in to protect the citizens of my country from another citizen of my country who, obviously, lost his mind and had become a danger to us all.  You may be too young to remember 911 or you may be brainwashed into thinking somebody blew up the WTC who wasn't from the sands of Arabia.  

In this case the truth *appears* to be that we had two madmen bomb their hometown marathon.  It's unfortunate that we, who believe in freedom, are forced to accept horrifying acts like these but the reality is that madmen will never be stopped.  This is the price we pay to live in a FREE society.  There was not a single citizen in that neighborhood who objected to willingly give access to those proud American soldiers who tracked down and killed one piece of trash and trapped and arrested the other.  

We will learn everything there is to learn about how this bright young AMERICAN was led astray by his angry older brother, and then we will kill the piece of shit because THAT IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.  

There is a place that all you people who hate my homeland can go... it's called NOT AMERICA

You whiny little children make me sick.  

Viceroy, I only want to keep our society free.  It has been moving the opposite direction for too long.  All I've been arguing for is that he be treated according to the rules we have setup in our FREE COUNTRY in order to keep it free.  

We want the same thing, to keep America Free, you just want to lynch someone because you're angry, most people understand that and agree with you.  But I will never take part in that.  

And I will never leave this country.  

EDIT:  Viceroy did not say anything about lynching, that was my colorful language. 

deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:48:59 PM

you just want to lynch someone because you're angry.

Dude stop putting words in people's months. No one wants to "lynch" anyone, we want justices, we have the proof, he is caught and getting medical attention so yeah we are so lynching because we are angry.

That's cool, have at it.  I don't want any part of it.  I will continue to argue against it.

If he goes to trial and they say hang him, that is just fine and dandy.

You're right, he said nothing about lynching, my bad.  

Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:49:56 PM

I never said I wanted to lynch anyone.  I just told you what was going to happen.  As I said, nobody seemed to be objecting to the presence of the soldiers...  shall we go to the tape with all the clapping?    At 1:50 the reporter states "while they were being persued that night the suspects through several pipebombs"

I mean, come on guys... how do you expect America to respond.  Exactly as we proudly did.

deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:52:33 PM

I never said I wanted to lynch anyone.  I just told you what was going to happen.  As I said, nobody seemed to be objecting to the presence of the soldiers...  shall we go to the tape with all the clapping?  

Let's get back on track here.  All I have talked about is treating this person according to the law of the land.  

I have not objected to a man-hunt for a murderer.  I do not object to it either.  I am not comfortable with what I consider martial law, but I realize the need in this case, especially as it is temporary.  

You did not say lynch anyone, you merely stated what is probably going to happen.  That was my colorful emotions bleeding through.  My apologies.

I am only arguing about their term for this person.  He should have his miranda rights and a trial.

Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:55:24 PM

As I said, he will have a trial.  And I'm certain they've Miranda-ized him at this point.   
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:55:39 PM

Dude stop putting words in people's months. No one wants to "lynch" anyone, we want justices, we have the proof, he is caught and getting medical attention so yeah we are so lynching because we are angry.

That's cool, have at it.  I don't want any part of it.  I will continue to argue against it.

You just said we should treat him like a criminal and we are treating him like that, every criminal gets medical care. So what do you want? Should we just let him go free? I am trying to understand your view but it seems you just don't have a view on this or you confused?
deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:01:12 PM

You just said we should treat him like a criminal and we are treating him like that, every criminal gets medical care. So what do you want? Should we just let him go free? I am trying to understand your view but it seems you just don't have a view on this or you confused?

My view has been a response to this:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html

"The government is invoking the public safety exception to question Tsarnaev, meaning in cases of national security a person can be questioned without being read their Miranda rights,"

"Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham called for Tsarnaev to be held as an enemy combatant."

---------------------

Enemy combatants have no rights.  It's a made up term for when the U.S. can't get congress to declare a state of war.  Which is what congress is there for.

I just want him to be stitched up, read his rights, and hopefully not abused too much before we can learn everything. 

it makes me a little bit crazy (read: emotional), as you can tell.  I think I'll go breathe for a second.  Thanks for reigning me in, gweedo.

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:02:38 PM

All I have talked about is treating this person according to the law of the land.  

That's now an extremist position, according to the government. People that insist upon their rights as laid down by law are viewed with suspicion.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

Considering that is an "Enemy Combatant"

I didn't realize.  So now we test if Americans can be enemy combatants.  Quite alright, another madman caught... (1 million to go?)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 05:04:59 PM

Or maybe this clip with all the clapping?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM

Or maybe all the cheering here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfSW6HNiQUk

Popular acclaim isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Still waiting on that "crystal clear" security cam footage from gweedo.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:05:10 PM

That's now an extremist position, according to the government. People that insist upon their rights as laid down by law are viewed with suspicion.

In Colorado we had dispensary owners begging for regulation to protect them from the Fed.  

just a little note on this 4/20, smoke a joint with a friend today!
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:06:55 PM

Or maybe all the cheering here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfSW6HNiQUk

I'm not going to address your science fiction piece, but are you suggesting that Modern America has something to do with Nazi Germany?  And before I continue down this path, are you an American?

deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:07:10 PM

In Colorado we had dispensary owners begging for regulation to protect them from the Fed.  

just a little note on this 4/20, smoke a joint with a friend today!

I think we're all in agreement.  If not, we're all earthlings, we all abhor violence, and we all want justice.   Thank you for reminding me it is 4/20.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: