Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:56:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 25856 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:32:45 PM

You can't beat a good conspiracy theory can you?

No need for any kind of real proof, but a few well defined questions leading to other questions with answers that only match the agenda of the person asking the questions!

I find it funny how so many Americans worry about becoming a police state when they are so far away from what is happening in the EU - which is much closer to being a police state in a USSR style! Wink

What the original OP witnessed was the US style of man hunt which they do very well - they just throw everything at the problem and hope some of it sticks.  Its a policy the US have always used, from Vietnam to the Blues Brothers!
While its perfectly possible to argue that the assumed bombers were nothing of the sort, there are a few lose ends which don't really hold water for that to be true.

Firstly, one of the brothers is still alive!  How come? Isn't that a bit sloppy if they didn't want any chance of them not being any lose ends?  What if he speaks?  I know he's been shot in the throat and unlikely to to talk again, but that isn't the point! Wink

Secondly, there was no claims from anyone for the bomb going off.  Any decent terrorist is wanting to get their publicity, its why their bombs go off in the first place. But in Boston, nobody knew why they were being targeted - and they still don't  - looks like someone isn't following the terrorist 101 handbook!

Finally, you find that conspiratorial trolls always study official photos with a fine tooth comb, but never do the same for images which support their stories.  Wonder why?

i cant help but think that maybe if you guys had payed a little more attention and asked questions like these yourself when your country was passing this very same threshold it may have helped to prevent things from getting as bad as they are now

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 02:08:26 PM

No need for any kind of real proof, but a few well defined questions leading to other questions with answers that only match the agenda of the person asking the questions!

I find it funny how so many Americans worry about becoming a police state when they are so far away from what is happening in the EU - which is much closer to being a police state in a USSR style! Wink

What the original OP witnessed was the US style of man hunt which they do very well - they just throw everything at the problem and hope some of it sticks.  Its a policy the US have always used, from Vietnam to the Blues Brothers!
While its perfectly possible to argue that the assumed bombers were nothing of the sort, there are a few lose ends which don't really hold water for that to be true.

Firstly, one of the brothers is still alive!  How come? Isn't that a bit sloppy if they didn't want any chance of them not being any lose ends?  What if he speaks?  I know he's been shot in the throat and unlikely to to talk again, but that isn't the point! Wink

Secondly, there was no claims from anyone for the bomb going off.  Any decent terrorist is wanting to get their publicity, its why their bombs go off in the first place. But in Boston, nobody knew why they were being targeted - and they still don't  - looks like someone isn't following the terrorist 101 handbook!

Finally, you find that conspiratorial trolls always study official photos with a fine tooth comb, but never do the same for images which support their stories.  Wonder why?

i cant help but think that maybe if you guys had payed a little more attention and asked questions like these yourself when your country was passing this very same threshold it may have helped to prevent things from getting as bad as they are now

Have you ever seen 'Lonely are the Brave' A Kirk Douglas movie from 1962?

In his eyes, you lost your freedoms a long time ago! Wink

We can all point to a freer time in the past, and how awful the future could be. 

The point is, my life is to short to moan about it too much, just find a way around it s it doesn't bug you too much as you carry on earning a living!

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 02:15:56 PM

In my eyes, the revolution came full circle (tyranny->freedom->tyranny) in 1791.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Si Robertson

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:45:53 PM

In my eyes, the revolution came full circle (tyranny->freedom->tyranny) in 1791.

So where is out freedom?
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html

"The government is invoking the public safety exception to question Tsarnaev, meaning in cases of national security a person can be questioned without being read their Miranda rights,"

"Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham called for Tsarnaev to be held as an enemy combatant."

DISGUSTING

Why is that disgusting? The guy bombed an area and killed people that is disgusting.

I like how you people in this thread are all up in arms about the government setting in effect actions to protect more people. This thread is just as bad as the anti-jewish threads. Seriously.
Doesn't the government do the same, on a grossly larger scale?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:04:14 PM

So where is [our] freedom?

http://agorism.info/

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:15:18 PM

"The government is invoking the public safety exception to question Tsarnaev, meaning in cases of national security a person can be questioned without being read their Miranda rights,"

"Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham called for Tsarnaev to be held as an enemy combatant."

DISGUSTING

Why is that disgusting? The guy bombed an area and killed people that is disgusting.

I like how you people in this thread are all up in arms about the government setting in effect actions to protect more people. This thread is just as bad as the anti-jewish threads. Seriously.

I don't believe the USA does that. This was a senseless act.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:22:06 PM

DISGUSTING

I don't believe the USA does that. This was a senseless act.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/17/298724/us-drone-kills-5-in-nw-pakistan/

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:30:14 PM

So where is out freedom?
I have it.  I put it in a bottle on the kitchen shelf.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:36:28 PM

Yes we are at war, that is what happens. That isn't senseless, that is protecting the freedoms.

Local officials say the US drones fired two missiles at a house in South Waziristan. The house was completely destroyed in the attack.

Pakistan’s tribal regions are attacked by US assassination drones almost regularly, with Washington claiming that militants are the targets. However, casualty figures clearly indicate that civilians are the main victims.

So, when the US military kills civilians, it's "protecting the freedoms," but when anyone else does it, it's "senseless"?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:42:53 PM

Guys, I have a theory as to what the pip-bomb is. I still have no idea exactly what it is, but I think I know what it does.

It seems to be very damaging to equipment, but not so much to people. That explains both the lack of bomb disposal gear, and the extensive use of human shields on their tanks:
That makes no sense.

Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:46:36 PM

@nwbitcoin

2 Questions.

Do you believe that 2 = 3?

If you don't, then do you believe that 2 planes can knock down 3 separate buildings? (no planes can't bounce between buildings, and yes the buildings were very separate).

Both have a yes/no answer.

@Gweedo

So where in the world does it say those two guys are CIA agents? How do you even know they are law enforcement? They are probably police but police is always in uncover clothes to keep peace in big events.

Please at least TRY to click the links and read the information that's there .... sheesh
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 06:02:49 PM

Guys, I have a theory as to what the pip-bomb is. I still have no idea exactly what it is, but I think I know what it does.

It seems to be very damaging to equipment, but not so much to people. That explains both the lack of bomb disposal gear, and the extensive use of human shields on their tanks:
That makes no sense.
Perhaps because you're taking it seriously. Viceroy claimed the use of tanks was as a result of the suspects fleeing while throwing pipe bombs out of their car. Except he misspelled it "pip-bomb" and refused to correct his mistake.

This was an attempt to point out that if you were concerned about explosives, It would be wiser to be inside the tanks, rather than hanging off the sides, and you should have at least some people in EOD gear. If you're making a show of force, however....

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:12:57 PM

Okay, I see now.  It makes no sense but he was making a point.

Well, ya, we have cops acting like Johnny-soldier-wanna-bes and they are not too good at it.  They can all go serve a tour or two in Afganistan if they actually think that's cool.

But I rather doubt the ones in Boston thought what they were doing was particularly cool or exciting.  They were just doing their job.

Just my opinion, of course.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 07:19:54 PM

I guarantee you the words "we finally get to use the APC" were uttered at least once.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:24:40 PM

I guarantee you the words "we finally get to use the APC" were uttered at least once.
I submit it was probably more like "We finally get to use that worthless piece of shit" and "Hell with it.  Watch me, I gonna hang on the outside.  You dudes can squeeze inside that motherf-"

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:26:06 PM

"But you said I could shoot the dog!"
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 07:29:24 PM

I submit it was probably more like "We finally get to use that worthless piece of shit" and "Hell with it.  Watch me, I gonna hang on the outside.  You dudes can squeeze inside that motherf-"
Probably all three, with this thrown in:

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:00:35 AM

Probably all three, with this thrown in:

This is probably pretty close...

"Listen up, you pussies.  These fucking assholes got us pissed off so here sum ground rules.  If it barks - shoot it.  If it squeals and mumbles, cram your boot on it's neck until it fucking quiets down.  And if it runs, target practice time."

It ain't nice guys - but it ain't a police state...
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:20:38 AM

"Listen up, you pussies.  These fucking assholes got us pissed off so here sum ground rules.  If it barks - shoot it.  If it squeals and mumbles, cram your boot on it's neck until it fucking quiets down.  And if it runs, target practice time."

It ain't nice guys - but it ain't a police state...

How is that not?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: