Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:27:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Jalapeno Unboxing  (Read 13572 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:45:19 AM

A lie would be saying "We shipped in October" in November when they haven't shipped in October. If they say "We intend to ship in October" but something happens and they can't, that statement doesn't retroactively become a lie. A statement is true or false at the time that it is made; to knowingly make a false statement is to lie, by definition. Anything else is not a lie.

There are lots of different kinds of lies. Putting forth ship dates that have no chance to be met, is a "misleading" lie. Being in "final stages of development" for 7 months is a "puffery" lie. Promising "1 watt consumed per gigahash" when they haven't even built a prototype is a "fabrication" lie.

There were also cut and dry claims such as the processing of certification with FCC or UL were nearly complete when the prototype did not yet exist and no record of certification application exists (public records are a bitch)

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:57:45 AM

You are a real stand up guy!  Not only a liar, but a thief and fraudster as well, GG!

Holy shit dude... Glass houses much ?!
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:49:41 AM

Haha, do you expect anything less from Puerto Libre?  He's lied repeatedly for months, why not throw some fraud into the mix?

[some more ranting deleted]

Right, Josh. We are all liars. Only you speak the truth  Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:10:34 AM

Yes, Conman and Kano should be getting their units next week as well as Bitminter, among a number of others.
Well that's reassuring news, thanks. I haven't heard a thing in months directly so I've been in the dark as much as anyone else.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:24:21 AM

Yes, Conman and Kano should be getting their units next week as well as Bitminter, among a number of others.
Well that's reassuring news, thanks. I haven't heard a thing in months directly so I've been in the dark as much as anyone else.

Grats! Will cgminer support multiple "Jalapeno"  devices at the same time?

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:38:05 AM

Grats! Will cgminer support multiple "Jalapeno"  devices at the same time?
Of course.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
rupy

Activity: 725

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:41:26 AM

Am I the only one who wants to see the new single case?

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:43:50 AM

That red triple-headed power cable looks familiar.

It's a really good idea to add a power adapter cable. But it looks like this cable is made for a specific modular ATX power supply from OCZ (or compatible). The used connector on the cable is not the counterpart connector for normal PCIe cables from standard ATX power supplies.

I hoped they offered a more generic solution.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:06:21 AM

"This is why I know a large majority of the whiny brats that cry about BFL still maintain their pre-orders."

Quote taken out of context but I felt the need to draw a line Josh.  Sure, you're talking on a BTC forum so you do not need to practice any professionalism as you would on BFL's forum.  However, you represent yourself and on behalf of BFL as most of us sees it.  To frankly put it and on how I see it, you sure do talk a lot of smack.  I haven't seen a single post from you on some of the topics regarding BFL that I regularly watch, maybe you thought it would be better to not add more fuel into the fire or maybe there wasn't anything you could reply back in a "smart-ass" tone.  And now, the way I see it, you're getting on your victory dance because BFL has proven something against all odds and accusations,  well.. congrats to you then, maybe you deserve it, maybe not... I don't know nor care.   But that's not the point, you are you and what you say will affect your image and the company you work/represent for.

I seriously don't understand why you have the need to flame back.
deceiver

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:11:56 AM

Good News!! I hope get my jalapeño with chesse for the  next month. Order #100043XXX.. too much hope? ^^
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 09:44:54 AM

A lie would be saying "We shipped in October" in November when they haven't shipped in October. If they say "We intend to ship in October" but something happens and they can't, that statement doesn't retroactively become a lie. A statement is true or false at the time that it is made; to knowingly make a false statement is to lie, by definition. Anything else is not a lie.

There are lots of different kinds of lies. Putting forth ship dates that have no chance to be met, is a "misleading" lie. Being in "final stages of development" for 7 months is a "puffery" lie. Promising "1 watt consumed per gigahash" when they haven't even built a prototype is a "fabrication" lie.

Delivery product way out of specs and sticking it to their investors while they're lying face down is a reach-around lie.
sunblaster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:53:56 AM

"This is why I know a large majority of the whiny brats that cry about BFL still maintain their pre-orders."

Quote taken out of context but I felt the need to draw a line Josh.  Sure, you're talking on a BTC forum so you do not need to practice any professionalism as you would on BFL's forum.  However, you represent yourself and on behalf of BFL as most of us sees it.  To frankly put it and on how I see it, you sure do talk a lot of smack.  I haven't seen a single post from you on some of the topics regarding BFL that I regularly watch, maybe you thought it would be better to not add more fuel into the fire or maybe there wasn't anything you could reply back in a "smart-ass" tone.  And now, the way I see it, you're getting on your victory dance because BFL has proven something against all odds and accusations,  well.. congrats to you then, maybe you deserve it, maybe not... I don't know nor care.   But that's not the point, you are you and what you say will affect your image and the company you work/represent for.

Ive seen few post and wondered how a comunity manager at self respected corporation would allow himself to post in such a non proffesional manner. Its one thing to troll anonimously, but writing prophanity while using real name and posting on behalf of an enterprise doesnt speak highly about the individual and business he represents.

Art
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:57:41 AM

Ive seen few post and wondered how a comunity manager at self respected corporation would allow himself to post in such a non proffesional manner. Its one thing to troll anonimously, but writing prophanity while using real name and posting on behalf of an enterprise doesnt speak highly about the individual and business he represents.

Art
It's because these forums are not very heavily moderated, people tend to go a bit overboard than they probably normally would. I spend a lot of time on other computer forums, and the mods there would have deleted half the posts in this thread within 10min. and issued some bans. There are libel and defamation issues to consider, the board owners would want to be seen as actively doing the right things. Each to their own.

sunblaster

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:04:59 AM

If I were to use foul language on any online media while representing my place of work I would get fired in no time. I dont think it matters if you are working for #1 employer in the country or a small startup in Kansas you have to have integrity and proffesionalism, things that money cant buy.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:12:51 AM

The only thing Josh demonstrates here is that BFL sees the customer as a piece of shit. A customer has to pay money and shut up. For me the Single SC was my first and my last deal with BFL. Well, at the moment there is no deal - I paid money to BFL to watch Avalon and ASICMINER shipping ASIC miners to their customers.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 10:43:04 AM

The only thing Josh demonstrates here is that BFL sees the customer as a piece of shit. A customer has to pay money and shut up. For me the Single SC was my first and my last deal with BFL. Well, at the moment there is no deal - I paid money to BFL to watch Avalon and ASICMINER shipping ASIC miners to their customers.

Some asshats are bashing BFL for months. Josh gave them what they deserved. I never had problems with customer support at BFL. They came back to me within 10 minutes all the time.

Dougie

Activity: 211

You are not special.

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:55:22 AM

Wow. I'm still glad I didn't buy one. It seems quite noisy too.

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
baad

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:01:15 AM

That red triple-headed power cable looks familiar.

It's a really good idea to add a power adapter cable. But it looks like this cable is made for a specific modular ATX power supply from OCZ (or compatible). The used connector on the cable is not the counterpart connector for normal PCIe cables from standard ATX power supplies.

I hoped they offered a more generic solution.

Yes, a molex or some old fashioned pc connector should be great.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:00:38 PM

I gotta say, I like it.
So far 2 devices have shipped, and a few more to come.
Are those to ship next going to real customers, or are these jalepenos advertising gimmicks?
I'm not trying to bust anyones stones, but I find myself in a real tight spot.
10 weeks to wait for some Avalon chips... couple more (at least) to have them populate boards...

It would be most cost effective for me to purchase jalepenos... If, indeed, I could obtain them more quickly than the other route.
Shucks, a single and a jalepeno would be perfect, for now.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:03:36 PM

Josh is what I always imagined a Blizzard community manager to be if their bosses one day said "today you can post whatever the fuck you want on the forums"

What you might find even more frightening is the the fact that I restrain myself a great deal when posting on Bitcointalk. Smiley

Really.....The one about..... nothing that a a bottle of jack,a coat hanger and his pregnant mother wouldnt fix

Senior VP Fortune 500 material ....keep up the good work ..lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: