Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people so eager to pay tax?  (Read 13579 times)
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:22:40 PM

i don't care, im just stating that inheritance of wealth does not go well with your people are born equal. you can only have one of the options.

Trying to make people "equal" results in what happened in China during the Cultural Revolution. The Soviet Union suffered the same fate.

There's an old saying I abide by:

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."

-TJ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Severian

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:23:15 PM

People actively not paying taxes are actually contributing to the evolution of the government without knowing it! When you dont pay tax you starve the government and forces it to become more efficient. Thats something economists should make research on - the efficiency of low tax vs high tax countries.

Well stated. Thank you.
Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:26:06 PM

Urm .. it's not against my political beliefs...

I believe that my family should inherit by life times work.

I do NOT believe that the government is entitled to steal 40% of it when I die.
I do NOT believe that the government is entitled to steal 100% of it when I die.

I DO believe that my family (or those that I choose) are entitled to 100% of what I leave to them.

I think what you meant to say was -

It's against YOUR political beliefs to leave anything to anyone,

That your beliefs are;

1. Everything you've worked your life for should just be burned and turned to ash.
2. You want ALL your possessions, assets/wealth, 100% to go to your government, regardless of your children, wife, spouses/friends/etc
3. When you die all your assets/wealth will be a 'free for all', which will obviously all go to the bank/government.

Now I'm guessing you didn't mean no 2 or no 3, which leaves no 1. Is that what your political belief is? I'll tell you now .. the human race will not get very far if we burn everything to ashes every time someone dies ..

Btw - no 3 already exists (in the UK anyway) if you don't leave a will (spoken or written).

edit: read your 'divide to 50 people'

I think you mean something along the lines of - "when someone dies their wealth should be divided amongst the rest of the populace." The problem with that is that people will go "fuck no!" And it would destroy the economy.

Example: Why should I bother working when all my assets/wealth will get split amongst people I do not know and for all I know do NOT work or do anything but sit on their asses waiting for random inheritance to come into their pocket.

So I don't work, and become like them. So who does the work? (knowing all their work will go into random pockets). Why bother working? To provide a better life for myself? I can sit on my arse and wait for inheritance from random people, why should anyone work.. but then there's no labour, no income..
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:30:47 PM

i don't care, im just stating that inheritance of wealth does not go well with your people are born equal. you can only have one of the options.
Trying to make people "equal" results in what happened in China during the Cultural Revolution. The Soviet Union suffered the same fate.
when a baby is born:
a) it is born into a rich family
b) it is born poor family.
(yes i know there are degrees of rich/poor)

now say that all people are created equally, a premise of liberalism. then the baby born into the rich family have unfair advantage over the poor baby, and are therefor not equals.

in other words:
you can have either one, but not both. stop using the liberal propaganda of "every one if created equally", or surrender your inheritance.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:32:16 PM

"all men are created equal", Thomas Jefferson.

do you agree with that statement?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Severian

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:38:38 PM

"all men are created equal", Thomas Jefferson.

do you agree with that statement?

Full thought:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Not paying taxes is an enshrined right to alter or abolish a despotic government.

The State dictating what I may or may not do with my wealth when I die is a despotic government.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:47:45 PM

Not paying taxes is an enshrined right to alter or abolish a despotic government.

The State dictating what I may or may not do with my wealth when I die is a despotic government.
i disagree with this... the government is not despotic, when it tries to redistribute wealth.

Severian

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:54:19 PM

i disagree with this... the government is not despotic, when it tries to redistribute wealth.

A government is most certainly despotic when it dictates how citizens may or may not use their movable property. If government is worth anything, it exists, or should exist, to protect the rights of its citizens, not to infringe on their rights.

"Wealth redistribution" is just another way of saying "confiscation". Robbery is robbery, no matter if a person or a State is doing it.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:54:53 PM

I am a human being, not a freeloading monkey.

Taxes have paid my education and founded a stable society that have enabled me to make a decent living, food in the stores, reliable public services etc.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:59:34 PM

I am a human being, not a freeloading monkey.

Taxes have paid my education and founded a stable society that have enabled me to make a decent living, food in the stores, reliable public services etc.
+1

Severian

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:02:04 PM

Taxes did no such thing. Money printing allowed that.

Taxes exist in the fractional reserve system as a mechanism to increase the value of the unit of account by removing some of the supply from the user base. Governments and banks can print all the money they want. They don't need our taxes to survive  but they do need to take some of our money away as means of regulating the supply of their increasingly worthless product.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:03:26 PM

"Wealth redistribution" is just another way of saying "confiscation". Robbery is robbery, no matter if a person or a State is doing it.
you entered an agreement with the government when you where born, just as you did to your family.

this agreement allows you to take advantage of free education, and other public services, and the government to take taxes.

Severian

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:08:55 PM

you entered an agreement with the government when you where born, just as you did to your family.

You're mistaking "government" and "society". This is an error in logic that is causing an accumulation of errors in your other reasoning. One of those errors is the mistaken idea that we entered into a "contract" with a force that has no care for consent or reason.

A little Thomas Paine might set you straight:

Some writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins. Society is produced by our wants, and government by our wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer!

this agreement allows you to take advantage of free education, and other public services, and the government to take taxes.

I'd rather die in the gutter than take one penny from the State for my food, shelter, clothing and education. I make my own way, thanks.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:12:44 PM

I'd rather die in the gutter than take one penny from the State for my food, shelter, clothing and education. I make my own way, thanks.
you should not walk on the streets and road that we have paid for.

gollum

Activity: 434

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:14:38 PM

Everytime you buy anything in a store VAT is paid which should be enough for the roads he is walking on.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:18:18 PM

Everytime you buy anything in a store VAT is paid which should be enough for the roads he is walking on.
the VAT is a tax on the merchant.how would he get to the store, when he don't wants to walk on the roads? fly?

and anyways, it was he who decided to not use anything that the state owns...

Severian

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:18:42 PM

I pay taxes just like everyone else when I buy things like fuel and other taxed essentials.

I said I'm not taking anything from the State. Surely that makes me a good citizen since I'm not looking for a return?
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:20:20 PM

I pay taxes just like everyone else when I buy things like fuel and other taxed essentials.

I said I'm not taking anything from the State. Surely that makes me a good citizen since I'm not looking for a return?
you are expecting street without holes.

Severian

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:22:02 PM

As I don't recall saying this, I can only assume this is another flaw in your logic.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:24:46 PM

As I don't recall saying this, I can only assume this is another flaw in your logic.
we created and maintained this road, and you are now abusing it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: