Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace  (Read 85694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 12:21:02 PM

If you followed the wallet creation instructions (before the deadline) and have your first address on the Particl dashboard then follow this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdOf0x_5OqQ&t=42s

Come to Slack and join the #help channel to get better support.

https://particl.slack.com

What "wallet creation" deadline? Show me a post anywhere with a deadline.

Oh here it is on my Twitter feed mixed with 100,000 other Tweets.

Why would there be a deadline July 12 before PART even starts trading?
Only 75% of investors managed this... so its hard to argue this is user friendly or necessary.

Since the Particl team wont set foot in this thread...
Now your PART has to be sent to you manually if you can find someone to help you in slack/riot/whatever...
You know, there is a thing on the internet called a "Send Button" that is considered user friendly by 99% of ICOs.

https://explorer.particl.io/address/

put your address at the end of that to see if its valid.

The one on the website for me shows no transactions there, but on the site it says I have a balance.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jordan coins

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:58:38 PM

help : I was lost (recovery phrase)  Cry

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:07:21 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 02:45:10 PM by cryptohunter

SECTION 2: YOUR ADDRESS
Please generate your address using the Particl Core wallet.

PARTICL ADDRESS
Please enter your Address generated from the Particl Wallet. This is where you will receive your funds.

is it possible just to put the bittrex particl receiving address??

So log in

select donation %

put in bittrex addy

press accept terms etc

done??

well, will it work or not?

jordan coins

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:08:13 AM

help DEV : I was lost (recovery phrase)

Where do I put (PUBLIC KEY)
Is there any conversion PUBLIC KEY to recovery phrase
I need 24 words to enter the my wallet
please help my
chases

Activity: 193

ain't nothing like the Blues

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:39:12 PM

I had no balance showing in my wallet either, but after several attempts, I realized that in the area where you input your 2nd passphrase it says
(optional) so, naturally, I didn't put it in because I'm very, very careful about putting my 2nd passphrase anywhere....however, if you created a 2nd passphrase prior to installing wallet, then you MUST insert it in the space provided..after inserting my 2nd passphrase everything worked great and my balance was transferred instantly from the dashboard to the wallet....also be sure that when you
copy/paste your 1st passphrase (or recovery passphrase as they like to call it)  make sure that you haven't added an extra space when copying. hope this helps.

also..Come to Slack and join the #help channel to get better support.

https://particl.slack.com

I did get into my QT wallet.  In the video, it seems so simple, like the coins just get deposited instantly, but that's not what I'm experiencing.  I tried to exit the QT wallet and come back in to see if that would trigger it, but it automatically logs me in, and they're still not deposited.  What's the next step?   Hopefully, the problems can get ironed out here without people having to join slack for basic questions.

goto Windows Explorer
and in address bar type
`$appdata%`
you should then see a Particl folder
`%appdata%\Particl` delete that Particl directory, this will let you restart wallet again from beginning to try again  Grin

5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 08:46:54 AM

Vote for the interview in early August  Wink  https://partfaq.info/general 
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:48:44 AM

SECTION 2: YOUR ADDRESS
Please generate your address using the Particl Core wallet.

PARTICL ADDRESS
Please enter your Address generated from the Particl Wallet. This is where you will receive your funds.

is it possible just to put the bittrex particl receiving address??

So log in

select donation %

put in bittrex addy

press accept terms etc

done??

well, will it work or not?

BUMP

OK, after filling out that form about a week ago with my desktop wallet address...
I just got my PART manually sent to that address a few minutes ago... and I did nothing more than fill out that form.

I see no reason why it would not work with your unique Bittrex address.

Hey, thanks... now I can enjoy this project because I think it has a big future  Smiley
part-linux

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:27:57 PM

Hi everyone,
this is my first Post after a long time ago Cheesy
Currently im very excited about the move that Particl pulls off. RingCT+CT (Ct already live on Mainnet, RingCT gets currently audited https://partfaq.info/2017/07/23/ringct-audit/)

I love the fact that Part implements moneros great privacy tech into the latest bitcoin codebase and combine it together with a governance leading p2p decentralized market.

Hope iam not the only one around here who is absolutely excited about this news.

What is your opinion about this guys ?

Keep it up

Peace Cool
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:50:30 PM

help DEV : I was lost (recovery phrase)

Where do I put (PUBLIC KEY)
Is there any conversion PUBLIC KEY to recovery phrase
I need 24 words to enter the my wallet
please help my

Only you are in control of your 24 words. Nobody else in the world has them but you.

It's funny how in your OP you don't list BitBay or BlackHalo/BitHalo which was the world's first decentralized markets and it doesn't bloat the chain and scales well.

Considering you guys of course know about us considering you got the idea of double deposit escrow from BlackHalo years ago when Shadowcash started (considering they even asked me to work on it which I declined)

It's all fun and games but if you are gonna list Open Bazaar and other random markets isn't a bit funny that you don't list the most obvious project that predates you?

Heck if you add BitHalo to the mix, we are also coin agnostic.

Bump

OP is being redesigned with the latest news, wallets, explorers, exchanges, etc. We can add those decentralized markets on there too  Smiley It wasn't meant to be all inclusive at the time. Until Particl has a working market it's not really proper to compare it anyways. Words are just words without a product. Grin

Hey, thanks... now I can enjoy this project because I think it has a big future  Smiley

Glad you're here!
cryptoguard

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:03:45 PM

Hi everyone,
this is my first Post after a long time ago Cheesy
Currently im very excited about the move that Particl pulls off. RingCT+CT (Ct already live on Mainnet, RingCT gets currently audited https://partfaq.info/2017/07/23/ringct-audit/)

I love the fact that Part implements moneros great privacy tech into the latest bitcoin codebase and combine it together with a governance leading p2p decentralized market.

Hope iam not the only one around here who is absolutely excited about this news.

What is your opinion about this guys ?

Keep it up

Peace Cool

Staking is my number one favorite feature of Particl (I really love PoS, got some PIVX and Ark (dPos) as well currently). I'm doing around 16% yearly return on average since the beginning of the chain, but I think I may be a bit lucky and will get less stakes eventually. I had one really bad day at like less than 5% and today also I'm only at 10% which isn't too bad.

So I just leave my raspberry pi running and it makes a nice passive income. It actually pays for all the monthly bills, hence why I say I love staking so much.

Once the market is out and people start developing other Particl Dapps, staking is going to be even more profitable Cheesy

What % have you got since start? Curious about it as I think my 16% yearly average is out of norms. Luck I guess
cryptoguard

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:42:39 PM

On the web of SDC i've read: "The ShadowCash team have stopped working on the Shadow Project. They are now working on a new and improved project called Particl". Someday soon we read: "The Particl team have stopped working on the Particl Project. They are now working on a new and improved project called ShitCoin".  Grin

You have to ask Dadon. My friend Zemmer, which he ows quite some money, told me he is a master of deceivery. Just remember that everything he tells is BS, in fact I thinking he is from the other side (preference wise). Now regarding the swap.

It did happen and looking at the state of blocktix we will see Rhyno do more updates now.

Some of the particl team did feel it was gig time and left particl. but with the hacks happening expect them working again on part again.
The current wallet is a joke (yes they worked months on a bitcoin wallet, replacing icons and stuff).

Speaking of being deceitful...this post is misinformation and FUD.

Some of the particl team did feel it was gig time and left particl. but with the hacks happening expect them working again on part again.

This is simply not true. It has never been a secret that Ryno is also working on BlockTix and he never left Particl for BlockTix. This is a lie.

The current wallet is a joke (yes they worked months on a bitcoin wallet, replacing icons and stuff).

This statement is incredibly short-sighted. They released the qt wallet because investors wanted to trade the coin now and didn't want to wait for the Angular wallet that is coming in a week or two. So what they did with qt was a quick fix.

Currently, the qt wallet does offer a CT implementation on the Bitcoin codebase which in itself is no small feat. They also successfully launched a 100% PoS coin with no prior PoW, so that required quite a lot of testing internally to make sure things went as smoothly as possible.

On the cli wallet, there is also a completely private messaging protocol and a decentralized voting/governance system.

They are just about to release the Angular/Electron wallet with widgets, are currently testing an implementation of RingCT on the Bitcoin codebase (a first time in crypto, and already available on testnet for anyone to play with). On top of that, they are building a fully decentralized and anonymous marketplace which I guess you can figure out is quite the undertaking. They are also in contact with NJIT to debut a third-party audit of the RingCT protocol. Other stuff the team is working on or will work shortly after MP MVP release includes fiat gateways, web portals, mobile wallet with all the desktop functionalities, and eventually other Dapps other than the marketplace.

So to be honest with you, saying they worked MONTHS just to create a bitcoin-qt wallet with different icons is extremely short-sighted and probable disinformation in the purest sense of the word. You can literally go see their github for yourself and you will come to realize that this team is working on much more than redesigning a qt wallet... (https://github.com/particl)

Finally, I highly recommend you go read my article on Particl to know what features it packs/will pack (https://decentralize.today/in-depth-presentation-of-the-particl-project-b3a41923a07e). Again, much more than trivial qt wallet cloning.
scaryvirus

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:29:08 AM

SYS coin and bitbay markets can censor markets, can particl?
part-linux

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:35:06 AM

there is no central entity in particl like in the market you posted. There are private Listings and there will be decentralized Voting where everybody who received a stake can vote (1 stake will be 1 vote i guess)

which means the market is fully decentralized. For example if a product gets 15% downvotes then it will move to some restricted area or gets blocked from the market (cp, guns credit cards) and such stuff. Pretty sure that things like health enhancing plants will stay on the market  Cheesy

peace
J.Jones

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:59:12 AM

Hey Particl team,

When is the GUI wallet coming out? I am staking on the qt wallet and so far so good.
any new roadmap in the making?

Keep up the good work!

J.J
part-linux

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:01:28 AM

i heard roadmap isnt far away anymore my guess is 2 weeks. For Gui we should see some news today i think, imyb posted that he already got the build and will send us some screenshots today (he is a team member and is able to test it internally)
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:17:22 PM

SYS coin and bitbay markets can censor markets, can particl?

Particl market governance will be a mix of inherent guidelines and the rest is owned and vetted 100% by the users. Governance models are being cycled through during development but they'll mostly adhere to these two truths.

Inherent Guidelines (example)

* Default Categories: The goal of default categories is to eliminate the possibility of having listings show up that would be deemed illegal in 100% of the world. The ability to create new categories for a listing will be available but the vendor would need to agree to a Terms document the Particl Foundation/legal counsel drafts that puts sole responsibility to create new categories on that vendor

User Vetting (hypothetical example)
    * The Wikipedia Model: Anyone in the world can become a vendor, set up shop and add/market/sell items. Items that appear illegal or are illegal can be flagged by a user on Particl and voting can take place to vet the item. If enough votes deem this item illegal or unsafe, whatever, the item is removed from the marketplace.
    [/list]
    J.Jones

Activity: 5

View Profile
    July 28, 2017, 01:58:47 PM

* The Wikipedia Model: Anyone in the world can become a vendor, set up shop and add/market/sell items. Items that appear illegal or are illegal can be flagged by a user on Particl and voting can take place to vet the item. If enough votes deem this item illegal or unsafe, whatever, the item is removed from the marketplace.

How will Particl users see these flaggs or voting bills? Some sort of Push Notification? I have read somewere that this "delist" votings could be tied to "countdown period" you have any more details on that?

J.J
    ctor

Activity: 34

View Profile
    July 28, 2017, 02:23:20 PM

Items that appear illegal or are illegal can be flagged by a user on Particl and voting can take place to vet the item. If enough votes deem this item illegal or unsafe, whatever, the item is removed from the marketplace.

Are votes weighted by user count or by their PART holdings? How PARTs are involved in voting? Can user vote with zero PART?
    part-linux

View Profile
    July 28, 2017, 03:39:13 PM

1 stake = 1 vote i think
    LiteBit (OP)
    Legendary

View Profile
    July 28, 2017, 06:53:40 PM

How will Particl users see these flaggs or voting bills? Some sort of Push Notification? I have read somewere that this "delist" votings could be tied to "countdown period" you have any more details on that?

J.J

Remember that this is still hypothetical, as in we're working through models.

Listings could begin in a 1 hour holding period let's say. So before they go live they have 1 hour in a holding pin that stakeholders can search through and flag or vote on questionable listings. Thresholds would need to be setup and protocol for informing a vendor if the listing was not allowed to post on the marketplace.

Reputation would play a part in this voting scheme too. Users (either vendors or sellers) could remove listings they felt were harmful or dangerous to the integrity of the marketplace platform. Precautions would need to be established to dissuade vendors from playing a long game to built good rep and then sabotage the marketplace, such as listings being able to be removed even if they pass the 1 hour litmus test. Also discouraging teams of people to work together and swing the system. In the Particl Market the seller will pay a fee to list. It's small but it's set up to discourage repeatedly spamming the market with junk listings.

Items that appear illegal or are illegal can be flagged by a user on Particl and voting can take place to vet the item. If enough votes deem this item illegal or unsafe, whatever, the item is removed from the marketplace.

Are votes weighted by user count or by their PART holdings? How PARTs are involved in voting? Can user vote with zero PART?

In order to vote you'd need PART. It's a utility/protocol token with many value propositions:
    • listing privilege (being a vendor)
    • passive income (staking coins on a node)
    • voting privilege (governance)
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
      Print  

Jump to: