Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:29:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeping giant is awakening?? LTC back to $50 now ??  (Read 12474 times)
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:55:08 PM

This image has been doing the rounds the last week lol

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:58:15 PM

As a longtime Scrypt miner, I'm happy with Litecoin just breaking out of it's long-time $4 more or less range on the high side. Profitability well over doubled for me today. 8-)

I just hope it stays above $6 for a while - it took a month or two to drop out of the $5 range when it spiked last year.

Doge was never intended to be a real coin - devs stated from very early on it was intended as a joke, just that it's meme caught on for a while.
 Doge is nothing but junk now, ever since they decided to allow it to be merge mined it's had NO future on it's own.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:25:52 PM

There is a reason that Scrypt ASICs were made. This plan for Litecoin has apparently been made a long time ago. Some smart people had foresight.

It would also tie in with the threat to change from Bitcoin's PoW while having a viable system in place. Litecoin isn't quite a drop-in replacement for Bitcoin, but at least the change wouldn't be as painful as with others.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:11:46 AM

Waited for the dip, dip happened, got in at 67, now 76, good money so far.  For how long will you hold? It's yet to be seen if we can pass the 80 top.

Regardin miners.. I remember reading some miner claiming how they had enough millions in mining power to attack bitcoin regardless if they changed to scrypt, X11 or any other algo. Not sure if bluffing or serious.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:55:24 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 01:29:32 AM by iamnotback

Waited for the dip, dip happened, got in at 67, now 76, good money so far.  For how long will you hold? It's yet to be seen if we can pass the 80 top.

Regardin miners.. I remember reading some miner claiming how they had enough millions in mining power to attack bitcoin regardless if they changed to scrypt, X11 or any other algo. Not sure if bluffing or serious.

Happy to see you made a move.

Fundamentals are such that we should be going back to $30+ at least (of course nothing is guaranteed, make your own choices). Hang on tight.

It could get volatile so don't set a stop loss too high unless you want to get stopped out too soon. Don't trade unless you are good at trading.

You will understand how good the relative fundamentals of LTC are when you read my upcoming scathing analysis of Decred and PIVX.

There really isn't much in the way of quality altcoins with valuable attributes other than a handful including LTC, ETH, XMR (but in my opinion of the chart, XMR needs to go down to $15 first).
iamnotback

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:57:50 AM

Nice to see ltc getting some action. Will this be a short term pump? A mega pump? Or is ltc finally going to live up to "silver" ?

It all depends on the btc whales. Depends how tired they are of btc drama, slow transactions, and increasing transaction fees. Maybe they've decided to jump ship to ltc.

Maybe it just depends on whether they want to make some money. No need for ideological reasons.

LTC will try to scale. BTC won't. It is just economics.

BTC will also go up in price, because it is power money with small blocks for power players.

LTC will go up in price much faster because it is undervalued.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:55:04 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 08:03:25 AM by iamnotback

Litecoin is getting pumped because new ASICs are coming/selling online. They need to flush the hardware inventory at pretty high price for suckers... so they pump LTC and once all the hardware is sold gravity takes over.

I am sure because of the pump last night a lot of people ordered A4 dominators or other notable LTC hardware.

So the new (higher efficiency) ASICs supply is limited. Exactly fits my hypothesis! By raising the price to a new level with SegWit activation, they will maximize their revenue if they have quietly locked up all the coming supply of new ASICs.

Are you claiming the SegWit activation isn't coming?

You see by getting all these miners hooked into an investment where they need higher prices, then they need to activate SegWit. It is a very clever strategy.

So you'll be signaling SegWit activation to keep the speculative interest in Litecoin high?

i mine on www.litecoinpool.org it is a LTC only pool that pays out at 103%...no issues ever ..always up...I think he did a poll and is signalling for the seg witness for ltc Smiley

Re: Sell Your Bitcoin Sell Your Ethereum Sell Dash Sell Everything And Buy Litecoin!

I sold at 7 because this is a pump and dump.

Are you sure about that? Guaranteed it is going down?

$208m volume today on a $332m mcap. Is that volume manipulation on all the 17 major exchanges it trades on  Huh
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:55:21 PM

Sold half of my LTC at 72 because I was expecting a correction. Let's see if it stabilizes at 50-60 to get ready for further pumps or else we'll see the good ol slow motion post pump stagnation till next pump. I'll hold, we are coming from all time lows, it would be sad if it goes even lower and I think there are good chances it will not so I guess it's safe to hold and see what happens.
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 01:48:13 PM

In what grounds LTC would go all the way up to $50? I think that all features that were new when it was launched now other altcoins have done better. I'm not saying that it is worthless, but I also believe that the rising in the price has to be a reason behind it. I can be portfolio diversification (an investor trying to reduce his risk), or whatever, but we have to find a strong reason to endorse a rise to the $50 level.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:33:42 PM

you know what if i really want "silver" i would use fucking DOGEcoin much better silver than LTC.

He he, that is funny. Oh wait you’re serious? I guess everybody’s entitled to their own opinion.

I’ll stick to LiteCoin as a backup coin. It’s really due for a pump.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:41:22 PM

I really believe SegWit / Lightning on LTC makes a ton of sense!

The exciting thing with this idea, is that unlike with the BTC stalemate, the various parties (Miners, Whales, and even Blockstream) involved in LTC may have aligning goals!

Miners - As iamnotback points out, a huge bump in price/volume combined with tight supply of ASICS makes this very profitable for them

Whales - just like with BTC whales, they want SegWit because it's going to allow greater adoption, therefore higher prices

Blockstream
- If they can't get Lightning on BTC and LTC comes along, do you think they won't move elsewhere to remain relevant? There is a lot of investment in Blockstream, etc. and I doubt they want it completely wasted on a BTC stalemate.

Seems like a win/win for everyone. Maybe not so much for BTC in one sense, however, in the end I think it clears the way for BTC to continue on as the ultimate store of value crypto.
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:26:20 PM

Not selling under 50 $
Instamined

Activity: 70

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:35:43 PM

The way I see it, if a coin with a 27% instamine within 48 hours of release, two name changes and a reduction in max supply can reach $100....

Then LiteCoin with its fair mining, historic high of $48, and widely distributed holder base should be able to reach up pretty high.

LiteCoin is the 2nd most known cryptocurrency to BitCoin even by people who don't hold either.

It remains to be seen, ultimately it will take whales with faith.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
iamnotback

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:55:37 PM

The way I see it, if a coin with a 27% instamine within 48 hours of release, two name changes and a reduction in max supply can reach $100....

Charlie seems to be jealous of that too because Decred is another variant of that dogshit.

I am still sticking with my hypothesis, but seriously someone needs to shout out to Charlie to stop ruining his reputation:

My commentary seems to be fairly supportive of Charlie, although I must say that he needs to stop shilling dogshit technology because he is causing me to doubt his competence (his respectability will decline if doesn't disown this Decred dogshit).

Click that to read the gory (math, economics, and game theory) details.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:05:46 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 08:40:28 PM by iamnotback

PoW is only immutable on the master blockchain. The lesser altcoins can be manipulated by arbitrage employing the fulcrum of the master Bitcoin. Litecoin appears to ready to lose its immutability and adopt SegWit because the miners and whales (who are the same in both BTC and LTC btw) are able to take advantage of the ability to dominate a lesser market cap with a greater one. This creates a game theory opportunity where the previously manipulation of LTC to force it to be undervalued will now be reversed so that there will be scarcity of mining supply thus motivating miners to vote for activating SegWit to maintain the ramp up in the price.

Click and read these for details:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1848055.msg18399606#msg18399606
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1848055.msg18405746#msg18405746

Seems like a win/win for everyone. Maybe not so much for BTC in one sense, however, in the end I think it clears the way for BTC to continue on as the ultimate store of value crypto.

That is exactly what I was thinking because the tail doesn't wag the dog. Thus the high finance in Bitcoin (think of MPEx at its peak) will remain the master of the slave "sidechains". Note the Blockstrream Sidechains concept is insolubly insecure (find my discussion with @ArticMine about that), so the altcoins will be the "sidechains".

Thus the BTC whales (or dolphins) who also move early into LTC (in order to increase their share of the crypto ecosystem) are not doing harm to Bitcoin. They are making Bitcoin stronger by alleviating the mismatch of immutability to Blockstream's plan to get versioned softforking into the protocol (hidden in the SegWit change), which would upset the balance-of-power that Satoshi designed.

Better to put that level of protocol mutability into an altcoin, so the stalemate Nash equilibrium game theory of master ideal money (i.e. Bitcoin) isn't threatened. Alleviating that threat enables the entire crypto market to move forward so we get on with the adoption and upward prices.

So that is why I am not selling LTC now, unless something comes along to indicate that my hypothesis was incorrect.

So I see prices ahead:

BTC: $2000+
LTC: $40+
ETH: $150+
XMR: $40+ (after a dip back < $15)

(Apologies I don't yet think in terms of a BTC unit-of-account)

Looks like I was right after all. I hope you guys dumped your litecoin before the whales did/do. How many of you got caught in this trap?

Just looks to me like the people who sold at $7 are trying to buy back in cheaper at $6. The volume remains very high and has bottomed and turning back up again.

I don't care much about a $1 change on something that is going from $6 to $40+. That is splitting hairs. I stand where I am in LTC and wait. Day trading is not my chosen vocation.

Although I expected to flag pattern a bit before moving higher, I didn't wait around to buy later, and since the ETH I sold is down more than LTC, I have not lost any ground relative to dollars, although I did lose some ground relative to BTC but I expect to regain that by a high multiple.
alien-fx2

Activity: 61

Byteball: DAG, Built-in Chat, Conditional Payments

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:47:28 PM

It looks like f2pool is doing something... If this news is true, this may be a good thing for Litecoin: https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/62nuwq/f2pool_just_signalled_for_segwit/

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:32:13 PM

Pools are being lazy, but the other reason could be that whales need time to accumulate positions. Once they have them, flip the switch f2pool...

If I were a whale I'd pay me to STFU. Cheesy

F2Pool just signaled and LTC exploded from $6.4 to $7.5 on huge volume. This will put segwit at 55-60%. This will leave two more main pools needing to activate to get there. My guess is the whales will form new bases and pump before each subsequent pool activating.

I think LTC has a new base at $6+ now. This sets it up for another pump to $10 (which will be the highest price it has been since the 2013 bubble), and then either BW or Batpool flipping the switch putting us on the brink of segwit. The FOMO will get unbelievable when we are sitting at 70-71%.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:38:28 PM

Re: BITCOIN or LITECOIN on segwit, which one is first?

Litecoin will get SegWit.

Bitcoin never will.

And this is good for Bitcoin (and Litecoin).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1837136.msg18408701#msg18408701
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1837136.msg18408976#msg18408976
iamnotback

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:09:27 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 10:55:46 PM by iamnotback

Sorry but I still see LTC under $1 before any long term uptrend (IF ANY, ever)... too many bagholders, bear didn't touch target.. so I'd never touch it or have any of my friends touch it until if cleans up shop and creates some blood.

Did F2Pool just signal SegWit on Litecoin.

Re: F2Pool started signalling Segwit

The weird part is that it is signalling so many things at once, besides BU! Is F2Pool trolling? Cheesy Stay tuned for a follow-up list.

Note: It has also started signalling Segwit on LTC less than 1 hour ago.

Edit: According to the coinbase, they may be also signalling for BU.

I predicted this and explained my theory of why they are obfuscating on Bitcoin. Remember Litecoin SegWit activates with 75%, and Bitcoin with 95%.

It is quite clear what has been going on. The whales and miners are jockeying for maximum stake in the blockchain ecosystem, wherein Bitcoin remains the immutable master blockchain.

He is not signaling multiple conflicting things on Litecoin. He is using the above obfuscation exactly as I predicted he would. The economic reality is:

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/846760903739551744
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:57:40 AM

There is a reason that Scrypt ASICs were made.

The older Scrypt ASICs were made because LiteCoin AT THE TIME was by far the second-highest valued currency, which made the market big enough that the ASIC makers were reasonably sure they could profit from making the ASICs.

It says a lot about Litecoin (Scrypt) that it's the only coin OTHER THAN BITCOIN (SHA256) to have had multiple years and multiple generations of competition in ASIC-based miners.

I don't see SegWit having a significant impact on Litecoin. I also suspect it's going to settle back into it's long-term $3.50-$4.50 range quickly after the Bitcoin "potential fork" issues get resolved - and I figure that resolution will also hammer current inflated pricing on most of the altcoins that have seen big rises the past month.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: