Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:01:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125285 times)
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:40:51 PM

I've noticed that in the OP in the section on Torcoin exchanges Crypto Dao is not mentioned. But I'm sure Torcoin is lsited there, I even traded Torcoin there myself.  Smiley

Also, though I haven't checked it myself, I think Torcoin is traded on Cryptopia and Novaexchange (source: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/torcoin-tor/#markets).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:11:41 PM

Interestingly I'v also noticed our volume on Cryptopia and NovaExchange is higher than the one on C-CEX for a few days already  Cheesy

Prices up at @0.0003 on Cryptopia

Just bought some cheaper TOR on C-Cex to exploit the difference Smiley

Also, signature payments have been sent out today.

Looking for a signature campaign.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:23:28 PM

Interestingly I'v also noticed our volume on Cryptopia and NovaExchange is higher than the one on C-CEX for a few days already  Cheesy

I noticed the exact same thing, it is weird that the exchange rate vary so much between popular exchanges.
Anyways, i think 50k is at least the reasonable price of Tor coin, 30k is still too low  Grin

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:35:43 PM

I noticed the exact same thing, it is weird that the exchange rate vary so much between popular exchanges.
Anyways, i think 50k is at least the reasonable price of Tor coin, 30k is still too low  Grin

That's true, the problem is a bit low trading volume

So when someone dumps some TOR we dip the price  Cheesy

It takes a bit of time to go back up again  Cheesy

Tomason

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:41:54 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 05:32:02 AM by Tomason

It is not good to question your own decision guys, because if you do that you are
walking against your potential gains — here it is not about hopes but about probabilities.

Torcoin has all the characteristics of a successful project and is better than many projects
that are currently among the most relevant positions in the market (despite the turbulent start).

It is true that there have been some very important factors that have not been respected
here or that have simply not been taken into consideration before the launch of Torcoin.
But everything has been analyzed and put on the table to be revised and arranged as it
has to be. This thanks to all the followers who have put their interest in this wonderful project.

So, for me this is the best time:

• Better time because after 91 pages dedicated to Torcoin in this forum and
    that just in these two months — that today have a reading record of 65,122 times
    (as you can see at the top of this page) now allows me to know better who
    is behind Torcoin and to know his way of acting and his vision that is an important
    factor despite the many accusations of some ignorant who do everything
    possible to crush the project and thanks to them everything is being improved
    better than it should be.

• Better time because the team is working hard to implement the improvements
    as soon as possible and put everything in place as it has already been announced
    millions of times.

• Better time because thanks to what happened at the beginning now I have a
    clear vision that offers me the information necessary to do a good analysis of the
    market to help me to clearly determine the windows of opportunity that Torcoin
    offers.

• Better time because I can take position in the market in conditions that presents
    the odds in my favor that allows me to exploit the available advantage.

• And better time because I recognize that the Torcoin market is not manipulated
    and that the current "low" price of its capitalization which is the cause of the skepticism
    that has been born thanks to some analysis and certain inconveniences that have
    been presented is only a good opportunity to take position before @Thetorcoin confirms
    the improvements and start again to promote the project.

In conclusion if the Torcoin project respects the following characteristics or at least
the most important, You should take into consideration the idea of being
part of the community and supports it.

• 1. What is the name of the coin?

The name Torcoin says it all. This is a name of extraordinary relevance, it is brandable,
    it is profitable and it is easy to remember - It is a full great name.

• 2. The total quantity and supply in circulation

Everyone knows that inflation reflects the decline in the purchasing power of a currency.
    Therefore more coins in circulation lower value of the coin. 12M is the perfect amount,
    21M-100M is normal and 100M or more is simply not recommended. So, more demand,
    perfect amount of coins is equal to price tending to rise without limits.

• 3. Developer team

For me there is a standard based on certain important aspects but that may not always
    be all conform to this standard to be perfect. For me an honest, brave, available, responsible
    and present team is enough. @Thetorcoin has proved to be a transparent person who
    seeks the interest of each of us, I think not bad.

• 4. Basis of the project

-What does it solve?
    -Are there other similar projects?
    -Is it within reach?
    -Is clear?
    -What risks are there?

Come on, if you talk about originality, there are no other projects in its form out there
    that can be compared to Torcoin. Torcoin responds to a specific demand that at present
    has not been able to find firm answers. Obviously there are other good projects that have
    been designed to support the anonymity in the network as everyone knows, but Torcoin is
    simply great and the deep web will soon implement Torcoin as an anonymous payment
    method - it's just a question of time.

• 5. Investment received / Ico - yes or no?

-How much has been raised?
    -What will he do with the money?
    -Is the amount reasonable?
    -What percentage does the creative team have?
    -How many have invested?
    -Who invested?

For a trader these are all reasonable and extremely important questions that need good
    answers. I'm just going to add the following — Torcoin is not an Ico, @Thetorcoin has not
    raised a cent with a pre-sale, has not sold a single TOR to discount thousands and thousands
    of people, he was initially supporting the project by paying With the Tors but has suspended
    the payment method and prefers to pay with bitcoins not to negatively influence the price,
    so far there are only two people who currently own 10% of the total amount and these
    people are @Thetorcoin with 1,100,000 TOR that has given that it will not use them to crush
    the market but would sell the coins out of the market so as not to directly influence the
    fluctuation of the price and the second person is @Carsen who holds in his hands about 30,000
    thousand TOR. These numbers can not be compared with projects (Ico) their percentages
    and their massive pre-sales.

• 6. Community

Well, after only two months and without doing much promotion it is enough to know that
    this space dedicated to Torcoin in this forum has a reading record of 65,122 thousand times
    and that those who are not yet part of the active community due to skepticism will soon end
    doing it.

• 7. Exchanges in which it is quoted

Indubiously not all platforms are the same and not all have the same level of professionalism
    and all have their policies. I think that if Torcoin is not yet listed in such important exchanges
    as Bittrex, Kraken, Bitso which for the moment is only a blessing, it is because @Thetorcoin
    has not implemented the improvements and fixed the issue of routing IP address information
    through multiple nodes of the Tor (Tor integration) network for mac, win and android wallets — Which is being
    fixed. When everything is fixed to perfection and confirmed then Torcoin will be taken into
    consideration by these platforms which will cause the price to rise disproportionately. If we
    think at the current price with a volume of some bitcoins then try to imagine that it would happen
    in just a few weeks when Torcoin makes the arrangements that are missing.

I could put on the list many other issues but I think it is enough to understand the real
opportunity we have to be able to take a position in the market now because I believe that in
a few months Torcoin will be at a new level.

Regards,
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:45:14 PM

Is there any ongoing development on this coin? I don't see any activity on Github since April, when the only developer left the project.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:07:33 PM

Is there any ongoing development on this coin? I don't see any activity on Github since April, when the only developer left the project.

Currently our dev is developing the Android wallet.

It would be a shame to abort the android wallet in the middle of its creation and start a new project.
We were not aware of the missing windows Tor integration, seems like CarsenK basically scammed TheTorcoin (which we didn't know about at the time) so we have started developing the android wallet instead of the windows one.

@Tomason
I agree with everything you said, I believe the only reason of the low price is the missing windows integration
Obviously, from the thread, we can see huge interest for this coin
When integration happens we will see a huge rise in prices
Therefore, if we believe it's going to happen, Torcoin makes a fucking awesome investment right now  Cheesy

Tomason

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:18:26 PM

It would be a shame to abort the android wallet in the middle of its creation and start a new project.
We were not aware of the missing windows Tor integration, seems like CarsenK basically scammed TheTorcoin (which we didn't know about at the time) so we have started developing the android wallet instead of the windows one.

@Tomason
I agree with everything you said, I believe the only reason of the low price is the missing windows integration
Therefore, if we believe it's going to happen, Torcoin makes a fucking awesome investment right now  Cheesy

Soon everything is going to be amazing  Shocked
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1821
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 01:15:07 AM

@Tomason

Do you believe Google will allow copyright infringement on the Android app store?    If it were ever to be created, which it likely will not because there appears to be no developer, it will be reported by Tor and Google will remove it.

https://play.google.com/about/ip-deception-spam/
Impersonation and Intellectual Property
We don’t allow apps or developer accounts that impersonate other entities, brands, or otherwise infringe on intellectual property rights of others (including trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret, and other proprietary rights). We also don’t allow apps that encourage or induce infringement of intellectual property rights.

Tomason

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:08:18 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 02:32:46 PM by Tomason

@Tomason

Do you believe Google will allow copyright infringement on the Android app store?    If it were ever to be created, which it likely will not because there appears to be no developer, it will be reported by Tor and Google will remove it.

https://play.google.com/about/ip-deception-spam/
Impersonation and Intellectual Property
We don’t allow apps or developer accounts that impersonate other entities, brands, or otherwise infringe on intellectual property rights of others (including trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret, and other proprietary rights). We also don’t allow apps that encourage or induce infringement of intellectual property rights.

In the world of art and intellectual property the violation of copyright policies implies
the exact imitation of something someone has done. I think the intention here is not
to imitate the creation of anyone but to give a clear message of what does Torcoin mean
because otherwise it would be really stupid.

I admire the co-founder of Tor browser because he has done a great job in favor of all but
I do not agree when he says through twitter that @Thetorcoin is using his logo and his name
without his permission and approval because in this case I think he is not right.

I think that nobody can become the owner of a word in the dictionary (Tor) which is being
used as in this case to form a name composed of two words (Torcoin) a name that is not legally
registered as someone's property or that is attributed to another project with the same name
(Torcoin - TOR) name that now is being used by @Thetorcoin.

In front of the undeniable evidences we can not hide the fact that the onion in the logo (TOR)
not (Tor) is identical to the onion in the official tor project logo and it may be violating the
copyright of the Tor project, which is no longer a problem.

The Tor project Logo

https://www.torproject.org/images/tor-logo.jpg

The Tor project Onion

https://www.torproject.org/images/onion.jpg
                                                                            The current Torcoin Logo
http://torcoin.org/images/torcoin-logo.png

The original and new Torcoin (TOR) Logo

https://TorCoin.org/newlogo.png

So, look for a more plausible reason before you continue worrying about this, because this issue has already
been solved.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:30:34 AM

I love the logo proposed by Tomason above!

If that's official (I'm not sure about that because we can see the old logo on http://torcoin.org/), I think we should change our avatars then.

In the meantime Torcoin is rising big, 19.93% in BTC in the last 24h.  Wink
onnz423

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:09:45 PM

If that's official (I'm not sure about that because we can see the old logo on http://torcoin.org/), I think we should change our avatars then.

Me too, just waiting for the logo to be made official and made an avatar size.
Also i greatly enjoyed your onion throwing video that made me laugh alot. The highest available quality is sadly only 240p, when i was wishing for full HD.
Anyway the compilation video was fun, and i think all of the videos made on the challenge should be added into the ANN.
I think the tor integration will need to be made before we actually can have any kind of progress on markets.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Tomason

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:24:43 PM

In the meantime Torcoin is rising big, 19.93% in BTC in the last 24h.  Wink

Also i greatly enjoyed your onion throwing video that made me laugh alot. The highest available quality is sadly only 240p, when i was wishing for full HD.
Anyway the compilation video was fun, and i think all of the videos made on the challenge should be added into the ANN.
I think the tor integration will need to be made before we actually can have any kind of progress on markets.

Yeah, this logo rock!!. It is a moment of transition and consolidation for Torcoin.
Many improvements and surprises are coming around. What is missing will be added as
@Thetorcoin has told us over and over again.  Cool

Tomason

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:33:41 PM

Hey guys, unfortunately this beautiful logo is not my creation.
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 02:34:44 PM

So, look for a more plausible reason before you continue worrying about this, because this issue has already
been solved.

Okie... I guess the issue is solved because Tomason's opinions of the laws that exist are different. Laughable.

I'm glad you "think" all of these things and have your own opinions on the laws that Google *will* follow. The truth of the matter here is that Google and its lawyers will gladly take down any Torcoin app the second they get a request from Tor's legal team. In your twisted logic, I could start "MicrosoftCoin" and you serious believe Apple or Android will keep this app around in their app stores? No! The second Microsoft's legal team makes a request to take it down, they will.

Good luck with your theory, I hope you have the funds to pursue a legal battle in court with Tor to defend your beliefs on intellectual property and trademarks.

It is sad that you all keep trying to make shit up to defend this scam coin but it is all good, you are all just showing yourself for who you are... and actions have consequences.

Case and point. Tor does not want anyone using their name, their brand, or their logo. You can come up with your own stupid photoshop image of a new onion but it isn't going to take away the fact that this coin is using Tor's name, and the entire purpose of the coin is driven off of the use of Tor. Tor has already expressed that they will fight it and do not like Torcoin, and Torcoin will lose. Torcoin has no legal team, they don't even have a developer they can point to.

https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en
Can I use the word "Tor" as part of the name of my product or my domain name?

Please don't use Tor in your product name or domain name. Instead, find a name that will accurately identify your products or services. Remember that our goal is to make sure that people aren't confused about whether your product or project is made or endorsed by The Tor Project. Creating a new brand that incorporates the Tor brand is likely to lead to confusion, and commercial confusion is a sign of trademark infringement.
We hold two trademarks in the United States:

Tor Onion Logo, U.S. Trademark Registration No. 3,465,433
Tor, U.S. Registration No. 3,465,432.

Logo or not, it's violating trademarks.

I'm glad you want to live in your own world where these laws are "not right" and go against your own beliefs, they sometimes go against my own, but the reality is Google/Android & Apple/iOS live in the world where these laws are adhered to, and it is foolish to think they would ever allow a "Torcoin" app when Tor does not endorse or agree with Torcoin using their registered trademarks.

Tomason

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:01:28 PM

been solved.

Okie... I guess the issue is solved because Tomason's opinions of the laws that exist are different. Laughable.

I'm glad you "think" all of these things and have your own opinions on the laws that Google *will* follow. The truth of the matter here is that Google and its lawyers will gladly take down any Torcoin app the second they get a request from Tor's legal team. In your twisted logic, I could start "MicrosoftCoin" and you serious believe Apple or Android will keep this app around in their app stores? No! The second Microsoft's legal team makes a request to take it down, they will.

Good luck with your theory, I hope you have the funds to pursue a legal battle in court with Tor to defend your beliefs on intellectual property and trademarks.

It is sad that you all keep trying to make shit up to defend this scam coin but it is all good, you are all just showing yourself for who you are... and actions have consequences.

Case and point. Tor does not want anyone using their name, their brand, or their logo. You can come up with your own stupid photoshop image of a new onion but it isn't going to take away the fact that this coin is using Tor's name, and the entire purpose of the coin is driven off of the use of Tor. Tor has already expressed that they will fight it and do not like Torcoin, and Torcoin will lose. Torcoin has no legal team, they don't even have a developer they can point to.

https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en
Can I use the word "Tor" as part of the name of my product or my domain name?

Please don't use Tor in your product name or domain name. Instead, find a name that will accurately identify your products or services. Remember that our goal is to make sure that people aren't confused about whether your product or project is made or endorsed by The Tor Project. Creating a new brand that incorporates the Tor brand is likely to lead to confusion, and commercial confusion is a sign of trademark infringement.
We hold two trademarks in the United States:

Tor Onion Logo, U.S. Trademark Registration No. 3,465,433
Tor, U.S. Registration No. 3,465,432.

I'm glad you want to live in your own world where these laws are "not right" and go against your own beliefs, they sometimes go against my own, but the reality is Google/Android & Apple/iOS live in the world where these laws are adhered to, and it is foolish to think they would ever allow a "Torcoin" app when Tor does not endorse or agree with Torcoin using their registered trademarks.

Genius, obvious that no one can use a name of a trademark registered as it is Microsoft
which is not a word of the dictionary is rather a mark composed of two words that means
(micro software) and not a word of the dictionary merely common. Microsoft is a genuine
brand and not a simple word.

Is the onion also private property, seriously?? Each one is free to draw an onion as desired
and make it a logo. Maybe the current Torcoin logo is an exact reproduction and in this
I agree with you, but otherwise I think you are totally wrong.

The differences between one thing and the other:

The Tor project Logo

https://www.torproject.org/images/tor-logo.jpg

The Tor project Onion

https://www.torproject.org/images/onion.jpg
                                                                            The current Torcoin Logo
http://torcoin.org/images/torcoin-logo.png

The original and new Torcoin (TOR) Logo

https://TorCoin.org/newlogo.png

onnz423

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:05:06 PM

Tor is found on dictionary as "a rocky pinnacle; a peak of a bare or rocky mountain or hill." So i am not exactly sure whether you can copyright such thing or not at all? I am not of course sure of this information, but if í have understood correctly, then you cannot copyright words on dictionary but i could be wrong of course.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 03:28:35 PM

Genius,
Thanks.

obvious that no one can use a name of a trademark registered as it is Microsoft
which is not a word of the dictionary is rather a mark composed of two words that means
(micro software) and not a word of the dictionary merely common. Microsoft is a genuine

Is the onion also private property, seriously?? Each one is free to draw an onion as desired
and make it a logo. Maybe the current Torcoin logo is an exact reproduction and in this

Common words, yes, even ones in dictionaries, can be trademarked so long as the company or organization is not using the generic form of the word for its product or services. You cannot trademark "Apple" if you are selling apples, but you can trademark "Apple" if your selling computer hardware under an "Apple" brand.
Tor has already proven themselves capable of trademarking it, because they have, and they are protected by US law.

If "Torcoin" was a coin centering around Tornados, you might have an argument. Torcoin centers around all the services provided by Tor and uses Tor itself in the description of the coin, without Tor's approval, and is in violation. You can disagree as much as you want. Laws are laws and Google & Apple will adhere to them. Stop misleading people.

Tomason

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:12:05 PM

Genius,
Thanks.

obvious that no one can use a name of a trademark registered as it is Microsoft

Common words, yes, even ones in dictionaries, can be trademarked so long as the company or organization is not using the generic form of the word for its product or services. You cannot trademark "Apple" if you are selling apples, but you can trademark "Apple" if your selling computer hardware under an "Apple" brand.
Tor has already proven themselves capable of trademarking it, because they have, and they are protected by US law.

If "Torcoin" was a coin centering around Tornados, you might have an argument. Torcoin centers around all the services provided by Tor and uses Tor itself in the description of the coin, without Tor's approval, and is in violation. You can disagree as much as you want. Laws are laws and Google & Apple will adhere to them. Stop misleading people.

Man.. Tor Browser is open source and everyone is free to do what they want with the code.
What you propose here has no relevance. @Thetorcoin is not copying what Tor has done
and is not proposing his invention with a variant of his name but like many there is
implementing a technology that relies on the technology that uses Tor. It seems to me that
it has nothing to do with what you are saying here.

Does Tor have a legally protected digital currency called Torcoin made for the same purpose?
Well, if that's so, I'll shut up.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:25:57 PM

If that happens why wouldn't people download the .apk from Torcoin.org?  Cheesy
Would it even matter?  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: