Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:10:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371102 times)
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:28:04 PM

Just heard about XBY like 1 hour, read through all these posts and bought some. Really nice to read how you guys are trying to turn things around for the best after having such bad experience. Too bad i didn't heard about XBY a couple of days sooner as i was investing in more coins at that moment. Hopefully the price won't go up too much as i'm getting my salary next week  Grin. Then i can buy more. Really wish you guys the best!
Thank you very much Lopchi and nice to have you on board... Welcome to XtraBYtes!!

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:19:36 PM

Can we make it to Bittrex?
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:27:31 PM

That is one of our goals, but I think we are still too young and small. However, if anyone has connections there, it can help. Getting on Bittrex would be a huge step.

TOTO6131

Activity: 102
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:42:51 PM

That is one of our goals, but I think we are still too young and small. However, if anyone has connections there, it can help. Getting on Bittrex would be a huge step.

With such rapid growth, I think he will be able to get on bittrex into the next two or three months

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:52:12 PM

These are the first steps in setting up a STaTiC Node with Windows:

1.) Download XtraBYtes Wallet:

a.) Save in its own directory (ie. D:\XBY ) [Make whatever path you want, but this example uses this sequence.]
              b.) Run wallet and allow the blockchain to sync [You can still copy your address for later steps while syncing.]
              c.) Transfer spendable coins to this wallet if you have extra for your own security [Do Not Send STaTiC Node Coins here if buying the exact amounts because each transfer has a fee of 100 XBY.]

2.) Creating STaTiC Node Address:

a.) Open cmd window [Start button > Type cmd in Search Programs and Files (click enter)]
              b.) Type the following commands: d: (click enter) cd d:\XBY (click enter) dir (click enter) [Notice that at this point you can see the directories in the XBY folder and next we will add your new directory.]
              c.) Type the following commands: mkdir staticnode (click enter) dir (click enter) [Notice that you can now see a new directory called "staticnode".]
              d.) Type the following commands: xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (assuming you have coins in your original "spendable" wallet) and therefore it is a completely different wallet.]

NOTICE - DO NOT CLOSE CMD WINDOW [Unless you want to type all the commands again later.]

3.) Sending XBY to YOUR new STaTiC Node Address:

a.) Go to RECEIVE COINS on the XBY STaTiC wallet and right click on the address to copy it, then paste in notepad for later use.
              b.) Option 1 - Send exact amount of coins directly from C-CEX to YOUR STaTiC Node. * Option 2 -Send available coins from SPENDABLE WALLET [original main wallet] to YOUR STaTiC Node.

Option 1:
              i) Go to C-CEX and do a transfer of 1.000.101 XBY to the address that is pasted in your notepad [YOUR STaTiC Node address in the other wallet.]

Option 2:
              i) Exit your STaTiC Node Wallet
              ii) Open MAIN wallet [use xtrabytes-qt in your XBY directory]
              iii) Send 1.000.101 to the address pasted in your notepad [YOUR STaTiC Node address in the other wallet]
              iv) Exit your SPENDABLE wallet
              v) Open your STaTiC Node Wallet by revisiting the CMD window and click the up arrow key to reload the last command, which was xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) and now the STaTiC Node Wallet will start again and if your coins will arrive or they have arrived already [provided you made no mistakes].

For additional STaTiC Nodes, you can follow the same steps in section 2 with the exception that you must use different names, such as:

mkdir staticnode2
mkdir staticnode3
mkdir staticnode4 and so on to however many you will have... and this must be completed with the other section of the commands with:

xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2
xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode3
xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode4 in order to start each wallet and at that point you will continue with section 3 to get your XBY transferred over to YOUR other STaTiC Nodes.

Moving between wallets:

If you do not close the windows cmd box, this is very easy because you can just click the up arrow on your keyboard to bring up the last command, which was to open a wallet (xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode). So, you just change the ID of the wallet (xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2 etc.) and click enter. Otherwise, you will have to re-type all the command prompts to get the directory opened again and then you will finish with entering the open command for whatever wallet you want, such as xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode or xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2 etc.

Also Note:

We discovered that you do not have to send all 1.000.000 coins in 1 transaction. The system will recognize multiple transactions that eventually add up to 1 million XBY. Just keep in mind you are paying a 100 XBY fee for each transfer you do.

Part 2: Registering your STaTiC Node will come ASAP after Borzalom has completed the programming.

Please let us know if there are any errors in these instructions as you go through your own setups.

Thank you!!

Disclaimer:

OK, I normally get Borzalom to verify technical stuff but I think we are OK here after spending a few hours over the weekend getting this set up together and he is not available right now. If there are any mistakes I will correct the instructions and if we need anything else added, I will edit and add... This is also getting posted now because I have the chance to get this important post at the top of page 7.

Please note the part above just about not having to send all 1 million in a single transaction. So, please do a small test (or wait 'til later) of like 500 XBY before you transfer the whole lot... This is always recommended but especially since these instructions are NOT VERIFIED by Borzalom. EDIT - Borzalom has verified and all is correct.

questions

1. why send 1000101 coins if the required amount is 1000000 and the fee is 100?

2. the directory name "staticnode" does not seem literally necessary, but for simplification of user process. Is it ok to use default data directory (or other user defined names) for single/multiple staticnodes?

3. when using the above procedure with a linux daemon,  first syncing, then start with -datadir=staticnode, results in the new datadirectory syncing from scratch again.
do the staticnodes require the win qt for extra magic to happen?

4. if the procedure is completed, is there a way to tell if you are succesful?

5. the simple requirements seem to be having a wallet open and holding >= 1mill coins in a single address, no modifications of .conf file or commands to start static node seems necessary. is this the case?

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
sdotdot

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:53:03 PM

Is Poswallet listing planned?
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:06:07 AM

Is Poswallet listing planned?

XtraBYtes is not a POS coin... it is PoSign (Proof of Signature) which is a new consensus system that will be revealed in better details in about 24 hours.

eastward

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:42:11 AM

Explorer when will it be released?
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:43:18 AM

theres one here . it's not great but it's up Smiley

http://xbyblockchain.borzalom.hu/

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Shanto

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:51:08 AM

Can't wait to see the new logo!

Bought myself some XBY from C-Cex

Good luck!!
sia

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:58:57 AM

can you explain what's posign exactly?
what's the difference between pos and posign ?
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:09:26 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 11:28:42 PM by mprep

questions

1. why send 1000101 coins if the required amount is 1000000 and the fee is 100?

2. the directory name "staticnode" does not seem literally necessary, but for simplification of user process. Is it ok to use default data directory (or other user defined names) for single/multiple staticnodes?

3. when using the above procedure with a linux daemon,  first syncing, then start with -datadir=staticnode, results in the new datadirectory syncing from scratch again.
do the staticnodes require the win qt for extra magic to happen?

4. if the procedure is completed, is there a way to tell if you are succesful?

5. the simple requirements seem to be having a wallet open and holding >= 1mill coins in a single address, no modifications of .conf file or commands to start static node seems necessary. is this the case?

1. The protocol plan has been changed now, so that extra transaction unit of 1 XBY will no longer be required.

2. The staticnode, staticnode2... etc. is just an example. You can use any folder name and does not have to say STaTiC... This is just for reference and assistance for those less experienced.

3. It is enough syncing just one. The other data folders can be copy-pasted to the next node folder. Only the wallet.dat file needs to be deleted after copied (or just don't copy it) and the first start of the xtrabytes-qt.exe will recreate a new empty wallet.dat file.

4. The STaTiC registration will be well controlled. Nobody needs to worry if its not successful at first. Our goal is to have a lot of independent STaTiC nodes and therefore we will help everyone who wants a STaTiC node. Each registered STaTiC will be public. If its a success then you will see your STaTiC. If the setup is not successful, then we will help.

5. You will need to change the config files. I will make a description later. Your wallet doesn't need to be open, it just needs to be open until you finished the STaTiC registration. Then you will get a special private key while registering your STaTiC. You will then use one empty wallet and this special private key. Securing of your self deposit is the FIRST step.

Thank you for your questions and interest in XtraBYtes! Smiley

theres one here . it's not great but it's up Smiley

http://xbyblockchain.borzalom.hu/

Thanks, Pineapples! Smiley

Can't wait to see the new logo!

Bought myself some XBY from C-Cex

Good luck!!

Welcome to XtraBYtes!! Smiley

Proof of Signature... This is a new consensus method that we will reveal tomorrow night. Its not like POS, there is no staking or mining... Totally different!

eastward

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:50:50 AM

Proof of Signature... This is a new consensus method that we will reveal tomorrow night. Its not like POS, there is no staking or mining... Totally different!

good  。。。。
Very optimistic about this item
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:12:40 AM

good  。。。。
Very optimistic about this item

Thank you for the encouragement, Eastward! Smiley

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:56:51 AM

This is gonna be huge! Shocked

Seeing the recent developments, i am also very confident that we shall be touching new level on every passing day with XBY. Proof of Signature is a relatively new technology.
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:00:08 AM

Is data storage free regardless of capacity?
aarell

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:44:43 AM

Requested adding XBY to livecoin voting Smiley
Thanks , livecoin is a good exchange. I have an active account there, will vote for XBY whenever it gets added to voting list.
marketorder

Activity: 375

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:12:52 AM

This coin looks promising! I can't wait to hear more about the Proof Signature aspect of the coin 
amy1284455127

Activity: 536

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:38:05 AM

Requested adding XBY to livecoin voting Smiley
Thanks , livecoin is a good exchange. I have an active account there, will vote for XBY whenever it gets added to voting list.
Yes, livecoin is nice, better than yoshit, if it can be done in livecoin it is better! Cheesy

Tera's real blockchain is simple and easy to use!
terafoundation.org
KawaBunGa

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:52:29 AM

This is gonna be huge! Shocked

Seeing the recent developments, i am also very confident that we shall be touching new level on every passing day with XBY. Proof of Signature is a relatively new technology.
Yeah, but devs didn't show any proof yet that it's real. If this new consensus mechanism really exists and it works than I would buy some XBY, maybe even start a STaTiC Node. So personally I'm waiting for the explanation from devs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: